Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 12:01   #3031
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi Guys, just wanted to share the delivery update.

I finally took the delivery of my Seltos 1.5D AT HTX+ on Sunday.
Congratulations on the new ride. Looking forward to further usage reviews.
The only thing stopping me from going for a HTX is the white upholstery.
How do you plan to keep those white seats clean, especially in this hot-humid-dusty part of the country.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 12:43   #3032

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Has anyone test driven/ bought the Petrol HTX AT with IVT? How is it? Any reviews/ comments?

I was able to take the test drive of 1.5 IVT last week. It was about 19+ KMs in distance and 30 Mins or so in duration. MID showed me fuel economy of 11 KMPL which is great for the car of this size. I drove it on & around MG road Gurgaon and tried pushing it hard on Golf course road. So it was mix of real life traffic + hard acceleration on open stretches.

I think HTX IVT is the best value for money out of entire lot. Extremely good for city drive and would be able to do justice to highways as well.

I changed by booking to 1.5 HTX IVT from GTX+ D AT to 1.5 IVT after this test drive. (After calculating the direct savings in acquisition and being in NCR risks of putting my money on diesel. My daily running is not too high either.

It has manual mode as well just like in DCT/DAT. It has 8 virtual gears and is useful in areas where u need more control like going downhill or slop or just for fun when u need to it push hard/red-line engine.

I wish they provided HTX+ in IVT . They were aware it would have affected their top of the line model sales for sure.
guessme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 13:14   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Congratulations on the new ride. Looking forward to further usage reviews.
The only thing stopping me from going for a HTX is the white upholstery.
How do you plan to keep those white seats clean, especially in this hot-humid-dusty part of the country.
Thank you. I will keep posting on this thread about my experiences.

Well you really do not have a choice of upholstery colour, while I would have loved to have it black in a low maintenance mode (especially with young kids at home), I think it will be manageable with regular T&C. It also does look nice IMO.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:49   #3034
BHPian

Got my GTX DCT yesterday. My dealer had delivered 18 cars till 28th of September. They had 3 deliveries lined up for 29th, mine being the first. There are 14 deliveries to be done on 30th September!!
Didn't get much time behind the wheels as I had other engagements through the day. However, as soon as I took the car out I noticed the ride to be bumpy. Checked the TPM and found my car had 48PSI in all wheels!! Went to a nearby shop and got them down to 33.

It will take me some time getting used to driving a 140BHP Petrol DCT after driving Diesel manuals for more than 10 years!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-my-seltos.jpeg  

biplab3110 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 14:18   #3035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Got my GTX DCT yesterday.
It will take me some time getting used to driving a 140BHP Petrol DCT after driving Diesel manuals for more than 10 years!!
Many congratulations on your new ride. I would be keenly waiting to hear the FE numbers from you since there has been a lot of speculation regarding the FE of the DCT variant. An actual owner's perspective would be invaluable.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 14:37   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride. I would be keenly waiting to hear the FE numbers from you since there has been a lot of speculation regarding the FE of the DCT variant. An actual owner's perspective would be invaluable.
Even I am keen to check the real world FE on this car to understand how big a hole will it burn in my pocket every month. Right now, my Skoda Rapid diesel is absolutely frugal. I drive 60 km a day from home to office and back, of which 40km is on highway. While coming to office I get between 20 and 22kmpl. On my way back it is between 18 and 20 kmpl.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 15:16   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am keen to check the real world FE on this car to understand how big a hole will it burn in my pocket every month. Right now, my Skoda Rapid diesel is absolutely frugal. I drive 60 km a day from home to office and back, of which 40km is on highway. While coming to office I get between 20 and 22kmpl. On my way back it is between 18 and 20 kmpl.
Can't wait for your inputs regarding the FE! It's a major factor, with everyone giving a different story. Weirdly, mostly because of the delayed rollout of the cars, there has been no reliable news from the official outlets, either. Looking forward to your post!
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 15:52   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the delivery and I wish you many happy kilometers. How was the delivery experience, and how does the DCT perform in traffic? And I would be also be keen to know the real world FE numbers once you are able to observe them.
Old 30th September 2019, 16:06   #3039
BHPian

For all owners of a DCT - Please read the section on DCT transmission (Pages 6-27 to 6-37) in the Owners Manual carefully before you start driving regularly. Very important instructions.

Unfortunately, there are no instructions on setting up the touch screen HUDs in the 500 pages owners manual. Hence it will be like buying a new high end phone and exploring the setup and features
biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 16:38   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Hello All,

On September 1st, I became a proud owner of 'La'Belle' KIA Seltos HTK+ petrol manual variant,
2000 KM update : in 30 days ~1850 driven by me, rest by friends.

Car is running fine without any issues, bought some accessories based on needs, here's the list :

1) Robobull Magneto Magnetic Car Mount - Placed this near the gear lever which doesn't interfere with anything, magnets are strong enough for Note 9.
2) Jopasu duster : For that quick wipe down of dust.
3) KIA Door visor with chrome strip - for those rainy days.
4) KIA Window side beading - Yet to install.
5) KIA Tissue box : Premium looking tissue box with 1 set of soft tissues.
6) Tan Seat covers from KIA - Due to poor fit & finish, the dealership informed that they'll send an expert to fix the fitting at their cost, looks like they're following this thread closely but no complaints from my side yet.
7) After market Steering cover : again bad fit & finish, will have to change immediately.

What I Liked so far :

1) Smooth engine, no sound unless you revv hard.
2) NVH levels are contained well, will share the DB readings in my next update.
3) Linear power delivery, smooth gear shifts, feather light clutch.
4) Balanced setup of suspension - Bad roads are handled well, I have reduced the tyre pressure to 33 from 35 which to me looks like sweet spot.
5) Ingress & exgress : This is my first crossover, getting inside & outside is a piece of cake, no complaints from passengers too.
6) Horn is loud enough to let the jaywalkers know your presence, 1 small beep gets the job done.
7) 5.3m turning radius is boon in the city traffic, can deals with the U turns confidently without worrying of hitting the foot paths, this also helps in tight parking.
8) All the pedals are spread across well & usable dead pedal is boon for highway runs.

What I dislike (subjective) :

1) Driver seating adjustment is a hit or miss for me, getting a comfortable position is a dream come true.
2) Front center glove box lid is not slidable for arm rest, this is available only in GTK variant.
3) No adjustable rear head rests, this has become a joke for 1.4 million car, hope KIA to listen to these rants & provide these in their upcoming models in future, not a deal breaker for me though as rear bench is used occasionally.
4) Front passenger seat-belt buckle rattles with B pillar on bad roads, this is very annoying.
5) No gear indicator in the MID.
6) This car is dust magnet no matter where you take, within 5 to 10 kms a layer of dust is formed & looks as if its not washed for ages, I dont face this with other cars even with the darker shade ones, hired services from cleansecar.com for now.
7) No option to turn off lock & unlock siren/beeps - its annoying when I arrive late to home or when leaving early.

Overall, I am happy with the decision of this petrol variant, yes, while overtaking a huge truck I miss the quick turbo kick but dropping couple of gears works fine, just love the smoothness of the engine & power delivery, set the cruise control to 117kmph on 4+ lanes & good to go without annoyance of 120+ kmph beeps, for city drives clutch is super light & hope it stays that way, I was not fan of manual transmission, few years ago, drove a friend's Renault Fluence, had to stop midway as the clutch was real hard, parked on road side & took Ola from there onwards, but this car changed that perception in me.

Thanks Team-BHP members & Moderators for the valuable inputs in posts which helped me a lot in deciding this car & variant.
Don Dasco is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 16:49   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
For all owners of a DCT - Please read the section on DCT transmission (Pages 6-27 to 6-37) in the Owners Manual carefully before you start driving regularly. Very important instructions.

Unfortunately, there are no instructions on setting up the touch screen HUDs in the 500 pages owners manual. Hence it will be like buying a new high end phone and exploring the setup and features

I read it and it seems that Kia are themselves not confident about the temperature issues of the gearbox. This further strengthens my belief on the Diesel TC gearbox to be safe than Sorry.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 18:08   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I read it and it seems that Kia are themselves not confident about the temperature issues of the gearbox. This further strengthens my belief on the Diesel TC gearbox to be safe than Sorry.

What does it say ? Can someone post a picture here, please ?
Old 30th September 2019, 18:33   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
What does it say ? Can someone post a picture here, please ?
Here are the pics. There is a 500 page manual on for the seltos
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-pic-1.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-pic-2.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-pic-3.png  

Alive2Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 20:25   #3044
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted to update the thread by announcing that i have received a confirmed allocation for my 1.4 Petrol GTX+ DCT last weekend.

Have planned the delivery this Dussehra

Looking forward
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 20:31   #3045
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Wanted to update the thread by announcing that i have received a confirmed allocation for my 1.4 Petrol GTX+ DCT last weekend.

Have planned the delivery this Dussehra

Looking forward
Good to hear more GTX+ DCTs rolling out. Which colour did you book?
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks