Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 20:14   #2281
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I am looking at HTK+ as it looks most value for money variant. HTX is Rs 1.9L expensive (on road). With no additional safety features it does not justify such a huge price difference.
Have pre-booked and went to check out the cars in person today after SA informed that HTK and HTK+ display variants have arrived.

One thing I noticed is both these variants have two fixed head rests on rear seat as seen on HTE (Pic posted by RavenAvi on previous page) but their website images of HTX and HTX+ shows three headrests which probably are not fixed and a centre armrest as well. Attaching pics from their website.
SA is clueless about this. Not sure what to make out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-htk-rear.jpg  

Old 24th August 2019, 20:30   #2282

There are so many variants to choose from making it a bit confusing for me. Things will hopefully get a little more clear in the weeks to come.

I want to park the cost equation to side for a moment, no pun intended

Here is my thought process
1. I am keen on an Automatic
2. My wife and kids love the bells and whistles of the top variants.
3. I am a city driver who rarely drives high ways

This limits my choice to HTX+ D1.5 AT and GTX+ DCT or AT. Given that the HTX+ D1.5 AT will be cheaper by atleast a lakh and change to the GTX+ DCT (once the prices are announced) is there any reason not to select the HTX+ AT,. It looks to have most of the features of GTX+ that my family is in love with.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:04   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
This limits my choice to HTX+ D1.5 AT and GTX+ DCT or AT. Given that the HTX+ D1.5 AT will be cheaper by atleast a lakh and change to the GTX+ DCT (once the prices are announced) is there any reason not to select the HTX+ AT,. It looks to have most of the features of GTX+ that my family is in love with.
Well the safety is compromised and if you are looking for a family car, safety comes first.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:13   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
There are so many variants to choose from making it a bit confusing for me. Things will hopefully get a little more clear in the weeks to come.

I want to park the cost equation to side for a moment, no pun intended

Here is my thought process
1. I am keen on an Automatic
2. My wife and kids love the bells and whistles of the top variants.
3. I am a city driver who rarely drives high ways

This is the exact dillema I have could not have been any more similar. I had booked the car back in June and was #43 in the line. Now I am just waiting for the pricing for GTX+ to come out and that will provide more clarity.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:16   #2285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post

Atleast it's not stupidly priced like the Creta. I feel it doesn't offer much with price. As a consumer I am selecting Kia because I want to make full use of the introductory prices.

Excuse me, but what do you mean?

This costs more than a Creta, and Creta has much better engines.
simeonovitch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 21:43   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Excuse me, but what do you mean?

This costs more than a Creta, and Creta has much better engines.
Personally the 1.4L engine had alot of power in store. The features (technology) offered here is just ahead. The fit and finish of the interior felt alot better. The car feels value for money. Don't take me wrong, I never hated the Creta. Infacted before Kia unveiled the Seltos I was very close to purchasing a Creta but I refrained back due to the lack of fully loaded AT.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:50   #2287
BHPian

Quote:

Atleast it's not stupidly priced like the Creta. I feel it doesn't offer much with price.
Creta was overpriced already and Kia has priced top trims at a premium over creta.

Imo Kia is overpriced by a couple of lakhs for the top trims for what it offers.
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 23:08   #2288
BHPian

I think Kia got inspiration from Lamborghini for designing HTK+ 16inch alloys wheel

So when we mix 2 different alloy wheel pattern from Lamborghini,

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-images-43.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-images-42.jpeg

It gives birth to Kia Seltos wheels!

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190824_225132.jpg

Well, jokes apart. Have anyone noticed the gap between the wheel and the body. I have only noticed them in HTK+ varient but the GTX does not have this gap, they are slung low to the ground. Does anyone have an answer?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-67922381_1056487181222735_3492494518360123851_n.jpg
momsonlydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 23:47   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Well the safety is compromised and if you are looking for a family car, safety comes first.
And the Alloys! Oh, the GTX does have the best looking alloy wheels in this category!!
Old 25th August 2019, 01:32   #2290
BHPian

Does anyone know what happened to the 'Fame for Name' contest? Whatever happened to Tusker or Trailster.
Old 25th August 2019, 08:48   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Was comparing the diesel HTX and HTX+ variants and there's hardly anything important in the plus variant for one to pay that much extra . I can live without a sunroof ( if it was a panoramic one like the hector, I'd have been tempted).

What caught my eye in the plus feature list was - 7.0-inch colour display. So the HTX version only gets a black and white version? Or is it colour display but smaller in size?

Can anyone post photos with comparison of the two variants displays?
Old 25th August 2019, 09:58   #2292
BHPian

Did anyone notice the language or verbiage in their advertisements? What was the need to use the word 'badass'. How many people would know what it means.

'The badass in you'. Is it me alone or anyone else found this line cringe-worthy. In their eagerness to appeal to a youth-base, they are badly messing up. Distasteful.
bsdbsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 10:02   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Was comparing the diesel HTX and HTX+ variants and there's hardly anything important in the plus variant for one to pay that much extra . I can live without a sunroof ( if it was a panoramic one like the hector, I'd have been tempted).

What caught my eye in the plus feature list was - 7.0-inch colour display. So the HTX version only gets a black and white version? Or is it colour display but smaller in size?

Can anyone post photos with comparison of the two variants displays?
HTX comes with the 3.5 inch monochrome cluster while the plus variant has the 7 inch colored one. In GT Line, GTX has 7 inch colored one. Interesting variant combination by Kia to adjust pricing and diesel variants are the most affected with HTX+ missing out on side/curtain airbags.

Kia has added a trim comparison in their website.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-f5198cb633c046d985c56c60e180d2d2.jpeg  

Last edited by MukundanMK : 25th August 2019 at 10:09. Reason: Added photo grab from website
MukundanMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 10:55   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Did anyone notice the language or verbiage in their advertisements? What was the need to use the word 'badass'. How many people would know what it means.

'The badass in you'. Is it me alone or anyone else found this line cringe-worthy. In their eagerness to appeal to a youth-base, they are badly messing up. Distasteful.
I was having the same thought yesterday! Honestly, if someone who doesn't know what 'badass' means and uses Google to translate to Hindi, they're in for a surprise.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190825_105434.jpg  

DueLLeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 11:20   #2295
BHPian

Has anyone driven the 1.5 Petrol powered Seltos? Any feedback or comparison is welcome. There's absolutely nothing available online. I'm looking to buy the HTK Petrol.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks