Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 11:26   #2296
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quiz question - How will you differentiate between a GTX and GTK from outside?
Old 25th August 2019, 11:43   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Alloys design is 17" and front has elongated drl
Old 25th August 2019, 11:57   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
If i am so interested in knowing which variant it is, I will ask the car owner itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Alloys design is 17" and front has elongated drl
I think all GT Line trims come with the same 17 inch alloy wheels only. Also the front LED headlight and DRL design is the same across GT Line trims. Only difference is the red insert (red brake calipers) in the wheels. If there is no red insert, it is GTK. If it has red insert and no sunroof, it is GTX and if it has both red insert and Sunroof, it is GTX+.
Old 25th August 2019, 12:01   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
I think all GT Line trims come with the same 17 inch alloy wheels only. Also the front LED headlight and DRL design is the same across GT Line trims. Only difference is the red insert (red brake calipers) in the wheels. If there is no red insert, it is GTK. If it has red insert and no sunroof, it is GTX and if it has both red insert and Sunroof, it is GTX+.
BINGO!! You nailed it

The GTX does get a lot inside for an additional 1.2L on road

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th August 2019 at 16:40. Reason: Fixing quote tag
biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 12:42   #2300
BHPian

What's written in some of the posts above is true. I am one of the Petrol SUV buyers in the market, having my eyes on Hector Hybrid, Seltos and Duster Here's the link to my initial impressions of Hector: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4611613 (MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L)

Below I'm expressing my view for Seltos (1.4 Turbo):

Pros
  1. The 1.4 turbo is a beast in its segment. Power comes early at 1500rpm and acceleration is linear. I loved the pickup and torque, felt the same as my Rapid (without the lag)
  2. NVH levels are pretty good
  3. Good quality plastic usage. Pretty good fit 'n finish
  4. Ventilated seats and UV cut glass are a boon in cities like Delhi
  5. Steering is nice and light to manoeuver in traffic.
  6. I was in 3rd gear, 900 RPM at 20km/hr and the car picked up without jerks
  7. I liked the bite from the breaks
  8. 360 Camera and HUD is a great addition. The view from side cameras is displayed in the MID when the indicator is turned ON. Great Addition
  9. Extremely smooth gearbox
  10. Nice and comfortable supportive seats with enough bolstering.
Cons:
  1. High Pricing: I usually buy the top variant and in this case of GTX+ AT is touching 20L, which is too much for a C Segment SUV.
  2. Steering lacked feedback, felt lifeless like Hyundai cars. I'd have appreciated little heavier steering with increased feedback
  3. Feedback from the brakes could have been better
  4. I found it hard to find a comfortable driving position. I usually sit at lowest setting, with steering pushed in so I hold it with straight arms.
  5. Pedals are placed way too inside, I had to sit closer to steering in order to reach them and I'm 5'10''. With the seat in position, I found ingress and egress really hard. If I buy this, I'll have to adjust my car seat every time i get in and out
  6. Less Space: Even the rear seats ingress and egress was little troublesome and not as easy as the rest. Felt like as if I'm sitting in Creta/i20 sized car. A little more space could have been better.
  7. Under thigh support could have been better in the rear seats
  8. Boot was smaller than my Rapid
  9. Once again, in this driving position, I could ready only half of the HUD and its angle is not adjustable. In short, HUD wasn't adjustable to my driving position but rather I had to adjust myself to it.
  10. I did notice there isn't enough gap in wheel arch and the tyres, and there is a possibility that the Car bottoms out on bad roads with three people sitting at the back. Well, its the reason why I'm moving from sedan to SUV, at first place.
I guess I'll end up cancelling my booking for Seltos as well. This kind of space/price just doesn't cut it for me at-least.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2019 at 08:04. Reason: Removed extra line breaks. Typos.
hiren.sharma is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 15:04   #2301
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am quite disappointed with Seltos pricing esp GTX variant as it is touching 20L OTR which is out of my budget. So I'm thinking of "HTK Plus AT 1.5 Diesel" and "HTX CVT 1.5 Petrol" as i want to buy AT only. There is a price difference of about 75k between these two with HTX CVT at higher price. What I get for this extra 75k are: LED headlights, automatic ac, 60:40 split, leather seats, Leather wrapped steering wheel etc. For 75k these look good add ons without having a bigger hole in my pocket(I feel). How-ever when I see the engines of these two, HTK Plus diesel has good power with 114 bhp @ 4000 rpm and torque of 250 Nm @ 1500 rpm compared to HTX CVT with power of 114 bhp @ 6300 rpm and torque of 144 Nm @ 4500 rpm which I feel is not as powerful as HTK Plus Diesel.

I would like to seek help from experts between these two variants, HTX CVT would be difficult to drive at lower RPMs and also because of the torque will the pick-up be really low. Also how reliable are these CVT engines for long run of say >5 years and how much mileage we can expect average in city conditions with HTX CVT.

Finally which one you would advise me, my travel is very limited in city mostly and rare highway drives.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 25th August 2019, 15:25   #2302
BHPian

Here is the OTR price list at Trivandrum and Kollam:
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190825145410.jpg

On the road price for 1.5L Diesel HTK variant is 13.09 and for HTK+ it's 14.25. The alloy wheels and cruise control additions in HTK+ makes me want to go for HTK+, but how much would a good looking 16 inch aftermarket alloys cost? I can live without the cruise control option.

Also what is the purpose of the 8 inch infotainment system? I was under impression that it includes navigation, it does not.
binoyyj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 16:31   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

If this was my requirement, I would have probably picked up TATA indica instead of Polo GT TDI!!
I understand ! I had to undergo the same looks of ridicule when I bought the GT TSI ! It is just that as the kids grow up, they become aware of niceties like leg space.
Old 25th August 2019, 16:41   #2304
BHPian

I'm really frustrated how KIA dealers in Mumbai are going about this . I made the booking on the first day on the month back and even now after launch there is no clarity from the dealer side. The dealers don't have printed price list, have no information about the insurance, no Automatic car available for test drive (Their cars seem to be perpetually gone for registration.) no color pallets or different color cars available, yet they want us to book now. I am really considering moving to a different brand even though I like the car. I hope they sort this out by next weekend.
Old 25th August 2019, 16:42   #2305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Here is the OTR price list at Trivandrum and Kollam:
I was expecting ex-showroom price to be same across the country. It's slightly higher in Kerala, but the Seltos variants which are priced just above 10 lakhs and 15 lakhs would attract more tax.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th August 2019 at 16:44.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 17:04   #2306

Here is the list from Kia showroom in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. I was told that the automatics will be available for test drives only after a week (including the 1.5 IVT petrol)
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1566732823395.jpg  

Old 25th August 2019, 18:12   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I was expecting ex-showroom price to be same across the country. It's slightly higher in Kerala, but the Seltos variants which are priced just above 10 lakhs and 15 lakhs would attract more tax.
There is a flood cess of 1% as well,
Here in Cochin, the on-road prices are (as per Incheon Kia)

1.4 GTX DCT - 19.56 L and 19.79 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.4 GTX DCT Dual Tone - 19.74 L and 20.03 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.5 HTX+ AT - 19.50 L and 19.81 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.5 HTK+ AT - 15.44 L and 15.75 L with an extended warranty and accessories basic kit
Old 25th August 2019, 20:05   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
I'm really frustrated how KIA dealers in Mumbai are going about this . ....
I was pleasantly surprised at the scene at Epitome Bangalore. They had 4 cars on test drive, two of them Auto (DCT and TC)! Five cars on display in the showroom and some 15 cars standing outside with all colors on display. The showroom was buzzing as the test drive cars kept going in and out continuously.
Logan2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 20:59   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
I would like to seek help from experts between these two variants, HTX CVT would be difficult to drive at lower RPMs and also because of the torque will the pick-up be really low. Also how reliable are these CVT engines for long run of say >5 years and how much mileage we can expect average in city conditions with HTX CVT.
Based on my experience with the Hyundai CVT (on i20), I would advice anyone who is considering a Hyundai/Kia car with CVT to be very cautious. Better to do as much research as possible, including getting the data on real life FE before sinking the money.
Problem with the i20 CVT: Fairly heavy car with a weak engine (for the size/weight of the car), CVT tends to stay in lower ratio anytime you accelerate, resulting in pathetic FE (I am getting 6.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic) At the same time, the car doesn't feel under powered and in fact feels lively since it is happy to operate in the lower gears (or 'ratio' on the CVT)
This could be a similar case with the Seltos CVT since it has similar recipe which includes not so powerful/torque engine,mated to a CVT which needs to power a heavy car.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 22:01   #2310
BHPian

Need one advice here, is the ~2 lac price difference worth between GTK and GTX? Im interested in turbo petrol manual only, so my choice is lot easier either of the above, only question haunting me is the 2 lac difference.

ESC, VSM, break assist and extra 4 airbags, do they justify additional 2 lacs( i can live without HuD, 10" screen etc). Till now I thought ~19 lac om road is worth the price for GTX, but after deeply cheking the diff between GTK, I feel its not worth. Whats the advice guys?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks