Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 23:17   #2236
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I did not notice the alloys. But the fully loaded HTX+ 6AT was also not disclosed earlier, correct? I thought the HTX+ 6AT will have some dummy buttons next to the lever as it misses on some features.
There is no difference between HTX+ (Which was displayed in showrooms) and HTX+ Auto, except for the shift stick pattern. There are 4 buttons surrounding the gear stick, 2 for ventilated seats, 360’camera and front parking sensors. 360 camera alone is missing in Diesel topend and is available as paid accessory. Hence that button has not been dummied. Instead they have been given working button with 360 Camera label. However, nothing would happen on pressing this button. They will work, only if the accessory is added. I believe along with 360 camera, the blind view monitor is also bundled within the same accessory pack.

What you have seen is HTX+ Auto only. I will check this again when I am doing Diesel HTX+ Manual TD tomorrow.

Last edited by MukundanMK : 23rd August 2019 at 23:26.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 00:10   #2237
BHPian

Which variants come with disc and which with drums? Should be a real deal breaker in the automatic vis a vis Creta auto.
Old 24th August 2019, 00:15   #2238
BHPian

Out of curiosity i would like to know how much time it must take for a vehicle once dispatched from anantpur factory, andhra pradesh to reach a dealership in delhi.
Say a truck full of seltos is dispatched on 24/08, when should it reach delhi?
Old 24th August 2019, 01:01   #2239
Senior - BHPian

With pricing like that, let's hope Kia doesn't offer a Bad A.S.S experience anytime soon.
Old 24th August 2019, 01:11   #2240
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

If someone's on a tight budget, and do not want to exceed 10 lakhs ex showroom price, then which one would be better?

HTK Petrol or HTE Diesel?

Both are priced same. And HTE Diesel comes in all wheel disc brakes?

Last edited by jaaz : 24th August 2019 at 01:13.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 03:22   #2241
BHPian

Hey guys really need help in deciding which variant to go for.
Should I go for GTX DCT and choose convenience of auto gearbox and low maintainence of black interiors ( I simply love all black interiors).
Or should I go for GTX+ manual and sacrifice the above for additional features. I find Ventilated & powered seats and BVM really cool and useful, other features such as Bose speaker, 360 camera don’t appeal to me.
Which of the two will be a bigger trade off?
And yeah I can’t stretch my budget for GTX+DCT whenever it will be launched in the near future.
My drive is mostly on outskirts on city highways.
Old 24th August 2019, 03:22   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Out of curiosity i would like to know how much time it must take for a vehicle once dispatched from anantpur factory, andhra pradesh to reach a dealership in delhi.
Say a truck full of seltos is dispatched on 24/08, when should it reach delhi?

It will take a minimum of 6 days from Anantpur to Delhi. You should expect around 8-10 days in present condition of weather.
Old 24th August 2019, 06:06   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
With pricing like that, let's hope Kia doesn't offer a Bad A.S.S experience anytime soon.
My dealer from Bareilly informed me that it would take 8-9 days for Seltos to reach to Delhi. But unfortunately most states are flooded right now so, it could be more days.
My dealer has promised me 03/09 delivery which I feel is little over ambitious.
Old 24th August 2019, 06:53   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Light interiors are a pain to maintain in India. Go for Dark, if you can afford the option. Auto gearbox is need of the hour, as you're stuck in traffic for hours. Stick shifts are great since 'manual' is too draining. It makes driving a breeze and you're actually relaxed - so yes, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Should I go for GTX DCT and choose the convenience of auto gearbox and low maintenance of black interiors
Old 24th August 2019, 08:01   #2245
BHPian

I was just going through the OTR prices for Seltos and honestly, they are competitive if you consider Creta as benchmark. 15.99L ex-showroom translates to 20.xx L OTR which is OK since Creta SX(O) diesel is a shade less than 20L OTR Bangalore and not to forget that Kia is already BS6. The GTX+ models of DCT and Diesel will easily touch 22L OTR which is almost on par with the Hexa XTA! I am wondering how the next gen Creta may be priced. Hyundai is known to be greedy and my bet is on the Creta top end to breach 24L OTR.
Old 24th August 2019, 08:19   #2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
If someone's on a tight budget, and do not want to exceed 10 lakhs ex showroom price, then which one would be better?

Decide on either petrol or diesel based on your daily driving distances. If you travel daily for more than 40 - 50 KM's then go for diesel. Otherwise petrol.

Quote:
...Should I go for GTX DCT and choose convenience of auto gearbox and low maintainence of black interiors ( I simply love all black interiors).
Or should I go for GTX+ manual and sacrifice the above for additional features. I find Ventilated & powered seats and BVM really cool and useful, other features such as Bose speaker, 360 camera don’t appeal to me...
Based on your preference you should go for GTX DCT.
If you can manage to afford then best would be GTX+ DCT. If you are spending approx 20L then try hard, stretch your budget and get the best top model.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th August 2019 at 08:35. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 24th August 2019, 10:01   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

There are not much reviews of Petrol 1.5 and the Diesel 1.5 has got some good reviews. In my opinion, at 9.9L HTE Diesel and HTK Petrol are the best aggressively priced models of Seltos. HTE Diesel looks barebones inside, but it has a Diesel engine and Rear Disc brakes included. Misses on a few bells and whistles, which the HTK Petrol has. If you are passionate for a good drivable car, then it should be HTE Diesel. If you want a what should be reasonably good Petrol engine with a few jinx inside the cabin, then HTK Petrol it should be. If possible, TD both cars and then decide if you like the drivability of the diesel or petrol.

Quote:
Hey guys really need help in deciding which variant to go for.
Should I go for GTX DCT and choose convenience of auto gearbox and low maintainence of black interiors ( I simply love all black interiors).
Or should I go for GTX+ manual and sacrifice the above for additional features. I find Ventilated & powered seats and BVM really cool and useful, other features such as Bose speaker, 360 camera don’t appeal to me.
Which of the two will be a bigger trade off?
And yeah I can’t stretch my budget for GTX+DCT whenever it will be launched in the near future.
My drive is mostly on outskirts on city highways.
The almost white beige interiors would be a tough task to maintain. If you are fine and confident of maintaining it, then you should go for the GTX+ variant. But not the manual, the auto variant of GTX+. Looks like you are inclined towards Auto and also want all the bells and whistles, then GTX+ Auto is your variant. If you have a spend limit or cant wait for GTX+ Auto, then my suggestion would be to go for GTX Auto. Would prefer the all black interior Auto box any day over Sunroof, Ventilated seats and Bose. These features will excite you initially, but after 6 months of usage will take a backseat. But Auto box would forever be always in the front seat

Also 360 camera and Blund view monitor can be added as an accessory in GTX variant.

Last edited by MukundanMK : 24th August 2019 at 10:12.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 10:10   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

I am forced to contemplate the Diesel HTE as my variant choice, since I booked on Day 1 and was hoping the HTK+ will come in under the 10 lakh mark. Don't want to exceed the 10-lakh ex showroom mark since this is my second car and will be less used for short city runs and errands mainly.

However, it is missing quite a few features. I wonder if a touchscreen head unit can be fitted retrospectively into the big flat "display cabinet" like structure Kia has built? Also, HTE is available only in white and silver :>((

In terms of basic safety features, the variant seems to be OK - ABS, dual airbags, rear parking sensors etc. are all there.

Nissan Kicks Diesel base variant has quite a few more features at the same price, such as Auto AC, DRL, Connected Car features etc. But the interiors look quite drab from a few photos I have seen. Seoltos HTE interiors may be equally drab, I am yet to see a picture..

The Kicks is available in all colors though and it is overall the better riding and handling car and built more sturdy. Highway cruising is supposed to be awesome according to Faisal Khan! The downside is that it is BS IV, but recent announcements from the Finance Minister mean it can be used for the full 15 year registration period - Confused now and any views from forum members will help.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th August 2019 at 10:16.
Old 24th August 2019, 10:20   #2249
BHPian

Has anyone cancelled their online booking yet? If yes, then what is the procedure? due to some glitch my online booking went to Ajinkya Autowheels, Aurangabad. The dealership person Mr Uday is sending me in circles for my cancellation and has even stopped taking my calls. Mr Uday says I need to get in touch with KIA and when I call KIA helpline they say that I need to get it cancelled from dealer's end.

Last edited by psbali : 24th August 2019 at 10:23. Reason: rephrased.
Old 24th August 2019, 10:22   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Don't want to exceed the 10-lakh ex showroom mark since this is my second car and will be less used for short city runs and errands mainly.

However, it is missing quite a few features. I wonder if a touchscreen head unit can be fitted retrospectively into the big flat "display cabinet" like structure Kia has built?
I suggest to not think of fitting the display unit etc after-market. It very unlikely to get the OE finish.

Also if this will be a second car and will be used for Short city runs, then why not look for other options in the used market. You can get fully loaded cars in that range.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks