Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Thanks to Soumesh Pati for sharing.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-wpw.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:02   #2132
BHPian

I was planning on buying the 1.5 L HTK diesel, but the price difference between 1.5 L HTE diesel and 1.5 L HTK diesel is very shocking (around 1.67 approx.) when the difference in price for the same petrol is much less (30k). Having so many variants makes it so difficult to choose one. Considering value for money, the diesel HTE variant seems like the best pick. So what do you people think about buying the HTE diesel and then doing customizations worth around 1.67 Lakhs, would it be better than choosing the HTK variant? Also is there any review about the performance of 1.5 L petrol engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
3 month waiting period for HTE diesel compared to 1 month for HTK is a good enough reason for me to settle with HTK.

Last edited by binoyyj : 22nd August 2019 at 23:07. Reason: typo
binoyyj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:13   #2133
NGM
BHPian

I think many among us think that Creta is over priced by 1+ Lakhs.

Was comparing Creta S Automatic diesel and Seltos HTK+ Automatic diesel. Other than the Bharat 6 badge i don't see much features in that makes Seltos a better vehicle considering Kia to be a new entrant and service/reliability is still unknown. Both will be around 15+ lakhs OTR in Kerala

Agree that there are lot of bells and whistles in Seltos. I am not very keen on features like mood lighting, rear curtains etc etc..But what could be some of the key features that make Seltos a better buy when we compare these models as they are similar in price

Power to surprise - really?
NGM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:13   #2134
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Got this from my KIA dealer in Panvel, Navi Mumbai. I asked him about the 3yr insurance and he said 1st year comprehensive and the next 2 years third party only. I asked him what if we wanted zero dep bumper to bumper insurance? He said he'll get back.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Doc 2019-08-22 18.03.49.pdf (911.3 KB, 901 views)
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:19   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Was comparing Creta S Automatic diesel and Seltos HTK+ Automatic diesel. Other than the Bharat 6 badge i don't see much features in that makes Seltos a better vehicle considering Kia to be a new entrant and service/reliability is still unknown. Both will be around 15+ lakhs OTR in Kerala

I think Creta S automatic diesel is discontinued. But its price would be close to HTK+ Diesel auto.

Hyundai has created its brand image in India over 2 decades to overprice its cars. If Kia tries to do the same at entry just because of partnership, then it will be interesting to see its future. I hope customers realize that this is not like Nexa and Maruti. In the end, irrespective of their international relationships, the cars have to be serviced at their respective service centers only, which Kia has a fraction as that of Hyundai.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:29   #2136
BHPian

Personally, I feel the Petrol HTK is the most VFM variant in the lower end. It misses out on a few features over the HTK+, but is it really worth the price-gap? Let’s do the math.

> R16 alloys - can get a decent aftermarket upgrade for 50k
> Heartbeat LED DRL - Fancy, but I won’t miss this.
> Push button Start with smart key - I won’t miss this either.
> Cruise Control- Only feature I will really miss.
> Sunshades - the best aftermarket ones can be had for under 5k
> Mood Lights - Meh
> Rear wiper, washer, defogger - Will be used only under certain conditions. The Driving Rear View Monitor already in the HTK comes to the rescue, don’t you think?
> Rear parcel shelf - OEM 3-4k?
> Auto folding ORVM - good to have but can live without it
> Auto light control - what’s this, by the way?
> 1 touch window up/down - again, won’t miss this either

With less than 60k spending on the HTK, I can get what I really want & actually use in the car. Remember, HTK is under 10lacs and can also save on the OTR taxes.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:32   #2137
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think Creta S automatic diesel is discontinued. But its price would be close to HTK+ Diesel auto.

Hyundai has created its brand image in India over 2 decades to overprice its cars. If Kia tries to do the same at entry just because of partnership, then it will be interesting to see its future. I hope customers realize that this is not like Nexa and Maruti. In the end, irrespective of their international relationships, the cars have to be serviced at their respective service centers only, which Kia has a fraction as that of Hyundai.
Creta S Automatic Diesel is still listed in Hyundai website and i thought it is available. If that is not the case then Hyundai has made my job easier .

I think Creta/Seltos does not deserve more than 16 to 17 lakhs if not for the 6 air bag/safety features. In my opinion Kia has overpriced Seltos by providing lot of features which many of us may not care much for.

@Mods - When can we expect a teambhp review for Seltos?
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:41   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I thought Petrol HTK among spartan petrols should be in most demand as it most value buy. Why the reality is so bizzare? Any thoughts
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:44   #2139

Here are the On-road prices as shared by my KIA Dealer. Do note, this is for Bangalore only.

He mentioned the GTX+ Auto (both Petrol and Diesel) would be launched by September 2nd week and deliveries would start by October 1st week.

Also, the Tech Line Automatic will be available from tomorrow for Test Drives.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190822wa0043.jpg  

ArvindMaveric is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 00:01   #2140
BHPian

Does anyone know whether the 1.5 diesel is a downsized version of the 1.6 crdi or an upsized version of the 1.4 ? The 1.4 is a weak engine for a car of this size/weight.
Old 23rd August 2019, 00:17   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
9L on road price difference for base and top end variant, that's almost the cost of a base EcoSport.
Brilliant analogy!! Because of exorbitant prices of new generation cars, it will be wise to understand the OTR in terms of existing cars. I like this perspective.

Topend would easily crossover 20 big ones in Bangalore and customers will inadvertently include Compass and XUV500, not to mention the obvious sibling from Hyundai. I think younger folks might plonk it on Kia compared to conservative folks who would prefer an established brand. One thing I can't figure out is why would they use Tiger Shroff as a brand ambassador? Is it because it has a Tiger Nose
doxinboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 01:06   #2142
BHPian

The website is now revamped and is giving option to configure your car. I tried that but i guess its still in the beta version and not showing all variants/trims to configure.
Attaching the official brochure from the website. Techline doesn't gets 6 airbags
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kia-seltos-brochure.pdf (2.58 MB, 914 views)

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 23rd August 2019 at 01:26. Reason: Fix Attachment issue
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 01:19   #2143
BHPian

I was trying to digest the KIA pricing strategy. I was initially thinking 15.99 for BS6 diesel Auto is VFM, but after anouncing the prices, the lower varients make the top end look like rip off. The difference between on road prices of HTK+ diesel Auto and HTX + auto is almost 4 lacks in Kochi ! Thats just too much of money for the gimmicks.

Last edited by rapid_fire : 23rd August 2019 at 01:20. Reason: Typos
rapid_fire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:57   #2144
Distinguished - BHPian

For those considering base HTE Diesel, I feel the newly re-launched Kicks XE Diesel is a far better value for 10K less. Kicks XE Diesel is priced at 9.89 lakhs and offers a more mature ride/handling package and a gutsy engine. It seems more spacious, SUV-like in appearance, ruggedly built and has many features the Seltos lacks - such as Nissan connect with smartwatch operation, automatic climate control, LED signature running lights, electric adjustment for ORVMs, etc. The only added feature the Seltos has is the rear disc brakes and BSVI compliant engine. The kicks appears more aesthetic as an exterior design and also has a proven engine/gearbox and reliability.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 03:12   #2145
BHPian

Got excited, when I saw the configurator. But unlike UK website, where you can choose trim levels and many other features including Alloy wheel design, rim & tyre size etc., Indian website configurator is only for accessories, which anyways can be procured from the Dealers.

GTX comes with 6 Airbags, but not in HTX or HTX+.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks