Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:14   #2221
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I have received the pricing from Delhi sales rep as well . Sparsh kia

Looking at the pricing info you provided there's 41000 Rs worth of extras included in the price . This seems highly unfair from KIA .
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:28   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
GVW of Seltos as per Manual

Isn't this higher than the competition?
That's the Maximum permitted weight. The figure you will be requiring is the Kerb Weight, which unfortunately has not been specified either in the website or in the manual. As a ballpark, assuming about 500 kg payload, the Kerb weight may be in the region of 1250 Kg.

I have a suspicion that if one matches the exact Kerb Weight of the Indian version with the Korean / Australian version, one may be in for a bit of a surprise.
Rigid Rotor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:35   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Looking at the pricing info you provided there's 41000 Rs worth of extras included in the price . This seems highly unfair from KIA .
I think this is more of dealer driven than kia driven
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:39   #2224
BHPian

If it does weigh 1250 that’s about 55kg lighter than Nexon and about 80kg lighter than Ecosport. Not sure how to look at this should one be happy that performance will be better than the other 2 or worried about build quality.
I feel the csuv space is decently priced for what it offers. The segment above has gone nuts, top end city diesel for 17L and Seltos and creta so close to 20L with no special usp ( no awd, no multi link, neither has great music system both skip safety).
My brother in USA bought turbo petrol CR-V for 15L and for that money we get mid variant creta
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:40   #2225
BHPian

Price sheet from JSP Bangalore. Doesn't seem to have any add-ons?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190823-7.17.51-pm.jpeg  

Logan2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 20:50   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is more of dealer driven than kia driven

As other members have notified in previous posts it seems Sparsh KIA has renamed handling charges as mandatory accessories . You can refuse the mandatory basic kit when buying the car as i myself did when i bought my Ciaz in Jan 2018 , while the dealer persisted I had some extra knowledge thanks to Team-Bhp . Also the image isn't clear , I might visit them tomorrow to find out more & take a test drive of the Turbo Petrol automatic variant . Will post a clear picture tomorrow regarding these accessories worth 41K .

Last edited by drift2race : 23rd August 2019 at 20:51.
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:01   #2227

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
This is almost as much as the Hector, which feels much more solid when it comes to sheet metal. The Seltos doors don't even have the thud sound. Why is it so heavy?
As it was mentioned in the manual I feel Kia is confusing more, the already confused customers by not mentioning kerb weight clearly. I read in rushlane.com that it is between 1345 to 1510 kgs for the Korean Seltos.
I just want to clarify that GVW is the weight of the vehicle with its parts including cargo and passengers.
Kerb weight is the weight of the car including the fluid.
Correct me if I am wrong
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:13   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
As other members have notified in previous posts it seems Sparsh KIA has renamed handling charges as mandatory accessories . You can refuse the mandatory basic kit when buying the car as i myself did when i bought my Ciaz in Jan 2018 , while the dealer persisted I had some extra knowledge thanks to Team-Bhp . Also the image isn't clear , I might visit them tomorrow to find out more & take a test drive of the Turbo Petrol automatic variant . Will post a clear picture tomorrow regarding these accessories worth 41K .
Is the petrol automatic available for a test drive ? I checked with the sales rep and he said not available till September 1 . Do let me know if you have a confirmation from sparsh kia.
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:33   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Is the petrol automatic available for a test drive ? I checked with the sales rep and he said not available till September 1 . Do let me know if you have a confirmation from sparsh kia.

Definitely , I will update the same tomorrow .
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:02   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
That's the Maximum permitted weight. The figure you will be requiring is the Kerb Weight, which unfortunately has not been specified either in the website or in the manual. As a ballpark, assuming about 500 kg payload, the Kerb weight may be in the region of 1250 Kg..
Thanks for clarifying.
Considering that Seltos shares its platform with next gen creta and all newer generation cars are lighter than outgoing model, I think it should be lighter than Creta.
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:08   #2231
Senior - BHPian

I had dropped in at JP Nagar showroom to test drive the DCT variant. They said the test drive car was not available but I saw a car being washed at the basement. It was an automatic with Sunroof and all the buttons near the gear lever were 'real' (not dummy). Does it mean the GTX + with DCT (or diesel AT) is already produced? I was under the impression that this variant may be delayed. Sorry, I could not take pictures or even get details from them as I was already driving out of the showroom.
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:12   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had dropped in at JP Nagar showroom to test drive the DCT variant. They said the test drive car was not available but I saw a car being washed at the basement. It was an automatic with Sunroof
Did you notice the alloys ? Could be the HTX+ 6AT unless the alloys are different.
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:25   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
That's the only model I too find reasonably priced. Problem is no one really knows of or has driven that engine to really decide what it's like. If it's even remotely like the Ecosport engine, which isn't sporty by any means but is a decent performer, I will take that.
A 0-100 of 11.XX secs is being claimed for the 1.5 Petrol (Almost similar to Creta 1.6).
Secondly, Hyundai group engines are well known for their drive-ability.
Hence, in my opinion, we should not be worrying too much about the performance aspects of it.

Coming to the comparison with EcoSport, the Seltos is much larger, much wider, has much better interiors, rides better and even looks much better.
The EcoSport 1.5 is a 3 Cylinder, whereas this one is a 4 Cylinder, which is inherently much more refined.

I have been driving a built-like-a-rock VW Polo for close to 7 years now, and have used a Creta diesel for extensive duration as well.
Frankly, I didn't really find any substantial difference in Build Quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
GVW of Seltos as per Manual

Isn't this higher than the competition?

Attachment 1908510

Nope, it okay. It looks to be 50 Kilos lighter than Creta, which is a good thing (for performance).

Creta 1.6L petrol = Kerb weight 1265 kgs, Gross weight 1690 kgs.
Creta 1.6L diesel = Kerb weight 1360 kgs, Gross weight 1790 kgs.
Creta 1.6L diesel Automatic = Kerb weight 1367 kgs, Gross weight 1797 kgs.
Creta 1.4L diesel = Kerb weight 1326 kgs, Gross weight 1756 kgs.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 23rd August 2019 at 22:32. Reason: added quote
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:31   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Did you notice the alloys ? Could be the HTX+ 6AT unless the alloys are different.
I did not notice the alloys. But the fully loaded HTX+ 6AT was also not disclosed earlier, correct? I thought the HTX+ 6AT will have some dummy buttons next to the lever as it misses on some features.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:56   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I did not notice the alloys. But the fully loaded HTX+ 6AT was also not disclosed earlier, correct? I thought the HTX+ 6AT will have some dummy buttons next to the lever as it misses on some features.
Well my dealer told me yesterday that there is information that all HTX+ will be getting the 360 camera and the blind spot monitor. I'm not sure whether this information is credible though. If it is true, then yes, what you have seen is that. But, why would they bother to add those two features now, if it's not present in the brochure. Since I didn't know whether the information is correct, I never bothered to post it here to create another confusion. It would be great if you could check with your dealer directly tomorrow about the car you have seen.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks