Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:01   #2191
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
What is that 'Basic Kit' which is charged at around 8k by this particular dealer? And how come the Seltos can run just fine without this basic kit from another dealer?
Generally basic accessories. Floor mats + boot mats + mud-flaps. Perhaps an idol, door rub-guards, a cheap perfume, neck pillows. Thats about it. Almost all car price lists have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Now that the court has deemed that handling charges are illegal, is Basic Kit the reworded Handling Charges?
In a way yes.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:02   #2192
BHPian

On-road prices Allied Motors, Sohna Road, Gurgaon

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190823wa0003.jpg
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:05   #2193
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting period of Kia Seltos! Production ramp up is in progress.

Kia is in the process of adding two more variants after gathering customer feedback.
Quote:
Kia Seltos upcoming variants

•GTX+ 1.4 7DCT: 3 months
•GTX+ 1.5 6AT : 3 months
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190823010632_kiaseltosrollout.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190823012913_seltoswaitingx.jpg

Quote:
Delivery and waiting period timings could vary depending on variant selected and location.
Kia Seltos HT-line waiting periods (1.5 petrol)
•HTE 6MT: 3 months
•HTK 6MT: 1 month (or earlier)
•HTK+ 6MT: 2 months
•HTX IVT (CVT): 3 months

Kia Seltos HT-line waiting periods (1.5 diesel)
•HTE 1.5 6MT: 3 months
•HTK 1.5 6MT: 1 month (or earlier)
•HTK+ 1.5 6MT: 1 month (or earlier)
•HTX 1.5 6MT: 1 month
•HTX+ 1.5 6MT: 2 months
•HTX+ 1.5 6AT: 2 months (or earlier)

Kia Seltos GT-line waiting periods (1.4 turbo petrol)
•GTK 1.4 6MT: 1 month (or earlier)
•GTX 1.4 6MT: 2 months (or earlier)
•GTX 1.4 7DCT: 3 months
•GTX+ 1.4 6MT: 3 months

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2019 at 15:08.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:53   #2194
Team-BHP Support

I find the discussion on price quite interesting. Those who are not in the market to purchase a car find the prices reasonable whereas those who want to purchase are not so sure of putting down 15+ on a Kia.

I admit, I was expecting them to undercut the competition to begin with but Kia obviously thinks that they will be able to pull it off. Good luck !
Eddy is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:05   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I find the discussion on price quite interesting. Those who are not in the market to purchase a car find the prices reasonable whereas those who want to purchase are not so sure of putting down 15+ on a Kia.

I admit, I was expecting them to undercut the competition to begin with but Kia obviously thinks that they will be able to pull it off. Good luck !
Looks like Kia is targeting volumes on their mid variants and this can also be seen on the waiting periods mentioned in the thread. The mid variants come with lower waiting periods (already in production expecting volumes) and the lower/higher variants, with higher waiting period (to be decided based on the number of bookings received).

In my opinion, HTK Petrol and HTE Diesel are very well priced and those 2 along with HTE Petrol, I would call aggressive pricing. All other variants, disappointed with the pricing.
MukundanMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:13   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Absolutely agree, I was so gung ho and ready to get the car but now I am torn between their topsy turvy features list. They have made it impossible for me to be satisfied with any trim option near the 15 lakh on road price point and don't think just adding on Bose, Ventilated Seats, Front Sensors and few other gimmicks is worth the extra 2-3 lakhs on road. Added onto this the 3 month wait if I do want to get the top of the line variant really soured the entire ordeal for me. I wanted to pay around 17-18 max for it but now even paying that much I am not getting the top model.

Also getting some really clean X1s and other great pre-owned luxury options are the 15-18 price range with factory warranties and low odo readings. Unfortunately wife is insisting that we get the Kia but a lower model as she doesn't want to go over 15.
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:14   #2197
BHPian

I have received the pricing from Delhi sales rep as well . Sparsh kia
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1566557089541.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2019, 16:18   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
It would make a significant difference to those in the rear seat or those with aching knees.
Hmm two things you probably missed out buddy:

1. I did mention specifically that this was my view (and my view only). I have never bought cars to chauffeur people around in the back seat. If this was my requirement, I would have probably picked up TATA indica instead of Polo GT TDI!!

2. KIA Seltos is not as imposing as a Harrier on the outside, nor a lot more spacious than Creta on the inside. Although I love this compact stature, I think many people may not appreciate it after paying some big moolah. So, may be if its the back seat comfort that one is looking for, Harrier and Duster is unbeatable by Seltos.

Quote:

Kia is in the process of adding two more variants after gathering customer feedback.
This is just too confusing for me.

So KIA Seltos commands huge waiting periods for the models that were launched. And then it offers to introduce 2 other models amidst a huge portfolio of variants?

Shouldn't KIA try to use this opportunity to reduce the waiting period on the already available models, and convert the "Probable' buyers to 'Customers'??
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:22   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Looking at the pricing petrol dct gtx+ at 19L+ OTR Noida seems too expensive ….Have cancelled my booking ....
Kia is saying refund will be processed today and will take within 7 days to hit my bank.
Could you tell us how you went about cancelling your booking? I'm also in two minds, given that the safety options for the diesel do not even include a Brake Assist, which cars costing 6 lakhs lesser have!

Those options (BA, ESC, etc) are only on a DCT transmission or on a manual, neither of which I am very inclined towards.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 23rd August 2019 at 16:24.
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:25   #2200
BHPian

Link to Kia Configurator

No it does not let you configure the car in true sense (only for the accessories part). But, what it does let you do is to have a 360 view of interior/exterior of the variant of your choice. A good step IMO as typically only the top variants are available with dealers at the initial launch. So, a potential buyer opting for a lower variant does not get to see the interiors and notice the difference from the top variants.

However, I noticed that the gear knob showed in the configurator is different from the real world HTK+ variant that we have seen on youtube. Attaching pictures of both for easy reference.

Kia Configurator
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-htk-interior.png

HTK+ video on youtube
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-htk-interior_youtube.png

Is this a mistake in configurator or Kia had a change of heart for production versions?

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 23rd August 2019 at 16:28.
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:32   #2201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Waiting period of Kia Seltos! Production ramp up is in progress.

I’ll take this with a pinch of salt. I feel car companies deliberately create this waiting period situation early on after the car’s launch to create an impression of massive success and heavy demand. Even the sales flop Yaris had a so called waiting period in the initial few months. Real picture will emerge only after 3-4 months down the line.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd August 2019 at 16:56. Reason: Shortening quoted post...
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:47   #2202
BHPian

Airbags do not make the car. While Hector offers a lot of safety features on paper, one test drive is sufficient to figure where the car stands. It swayed/ pitched/ rolled for any movement on the road. Dynamics was zilch. I test drove the Petrol topend of Kiva and came back very impressed on the ride/ grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
If I was to compare it with the hector, I'd say that MG has done a better job in offering a safer product with the base variant getting 2 airbags and the ones above getting 4 and 6 airbags respectively with the hill assist, traction control , rear disc brakes etc coming as standard across all variants. The Fiat 2.0 is a proven engine too. I'm really torn between the two and I had hoped pricing would be the deciding factor but Kia's mid and top level trims seem way overpriced especially if we take MG's pricing into consideration.

Last edited by determinus : 23rd August 2019 at 16:51.
determinus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:52   #2203
BHPian

Got a call from my Jeep dealer to check if I had a change of heart - i.e. pick the Compass. As expected, he was on like a battering ram on how bad a product the Seltos is and how the Compass is superior.

One point he made, which caught my attention was Kia won't have it's own service centers and will share the service centers operated by Hyundai. While it's not a bad idea, seeing how busy Hyundai service centers are, I don't think they'd have the bandwidth to service another brand.

Alternatively, Kia could have their own service centers as Hyundai does and some centers could be shared by Hyundai and Kia. Does anyone know more about this?
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:56   #2204
BHPian

Its worth to recall that Seltos is a brand new model from a brand new factory. It cannot have no niggles in its very first iteration. With the premium that KIA is commanding in their "introductory pricing" for the top tier of each powertrain option (G1.4T, G1.5 and D1.5) I feel KIA will have to do EVERYTHING RIGHT when/if something goes wrong. On paper, it does not seem to inspire the same level of confidence that MG does with its MG Shield, assured buyback, MG Warranty, etc.

Even with all the alleged breakdowns of Hector (a plenty can be found on the MG Hector thread), there are no disappointed owners taking to social media and venting out their regrets. So MG must be doing something right there, if those are indeed genuine breakdowns.

One of the reason for their (MG's) predatory pricing could also be that those (un)lucky early-bird customers might get a slightly less-than-ideal ownership experience because of the initial issues.

But looking at Seltos, apart from the HTE/HTK variant pricing, nothing else is "introductory". Those are prices for proven and time-tested cars with excellent A.S.S. and cherishing loads of happy owners who could vouch for the brand and vehicle. Unfortunately, KIA wants big money before any of that has happened.

I can only guess that KIA is very confident that their first production iteration of Seltos will give the customer a terrific ownership experience for the moolah paid. I really hope it does!

Last edited by dksv : 23rd August 2019 at 17:15.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:57   #2205
BHPian

Attaching herewith price list from Ahmedabad dealer. The tax difference in Gujarat and Bangalore is huge.

Also in KIA website i came across certain features in the compare trims section which i did not completely understand, experts kindly help.

1) LED room lamps & LED console lamps are not available in GTX variant and are available only in X+. Whats this? is it white interior LED light against normal yellow bulb?

2) Passenger seatback upper pocket is only available in HTX, GTK & GTX. What is this additional pocket?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-5ac0c7845d7d47928985958117434148.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks