Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 13:06   #3691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post
Surprisingly, last weekend (just after the showers the previous day), as I sat in the car, and drove off, I had a few drops of water (7-8 drops max) dripping from the rubber beading inside of the right hand door top, where the door / glass slopes off downwards.
Unless this is a recurring issue and you can actually find water leaking, I'd consider this as simply some water accumulated in the beading/insulation while the door was open.
Old 31st October 2019, 13:54   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Kumho are very good tyres. Consider yourself lucky if you land them. GoodYear is really bad, and you should consider changing at the earliest.
I believe only the variants which have wheel size lower than 17" are Kumho, the higher variants with 17" are all Goodyears.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 14:34   #3693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The comprehensive cover includes tyres as well is what I read from the message they sent me. Upgrading tyres might put insurance claims at risk is what I feel
If your insurance has what is called "Tyre Protect" then they support some claims related to the tires. Here is a detailed write up on the GoDigit Site: URL
Except for the fact that they cannot cover your "replaced" tires as part of the claim, I don't think there is any impact to the claim w.r.t. to other components in the event of a claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Kumho are very good tyres. Consider yourself lucky if you land them. GoodYear is really bad, and you should consider changing at the earliest.
Yes GoodYears are the bottom most rung. I was going thru the Hector DCT Ownership report and it looks like the Hector also comes with GoodYears. Smart guys at GoodYear seem to have stuck a deal with both the hot selling SUVs in the market.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 31st October 2019 at 14:35.
Old 31st October 2019, 15:07   #3694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Unless this is a recurring issue and you can actually find water leaking, I'd consider this as simply some water accumulated in the beading/insulation while the door was open.
+1 This exact thing happened with me as well and I got concerned the first time. Unable to reproduce it later, assuming the issue to be what you have suggested above. However as mentioned it literally poured as though it was leaking
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 15:16   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Had some more queries:
1. Now a days it seems to be a choice between 1yr Own + 3 yr 3rd party vs. 3 yr own + 3yrs 3rd party. What's advisable?

2. What happens to the IDV in each year if we take 3 year comprehensive package? - I've been now told that it depreciates as per IRDA rules every year

3. I see TATA AIG, ICICI being recommended in a few places. Any other recos?

4. Why do you advise IDV = Ex-showroom value? Some companies seem to limit IDV at Ex-showroom but some seem to allow on road price as well
Bumping it up. I need to confirm to the SA about insurance. So far TATA AIG through policy bazaar seemed cheapest, though Tata AIG own website doesn't have Kia in list of manufacturers.

What did all the seltos owners so far do about their insurance?
Old 31st October 2019, 17:34   #3696

Thank you Team-BHP for approving my membership (means a lot to me.)

Hello guys this is my first post here and I have been following this thread from the start and wanted to post a lot of information regarding Seltos. But finally now i can & wanted my first post to be interesting. So here it is my white GTX+ DCT with GTXx interiors (all black). Super happy with the work done here almost OEM. I personally will give 9.5/10

I think this will be the first GTX+ DCT with all black interiors, as I am the only fool to have the courage to mess with brand new car.

By the way seat ventilation works perfectly fine. Overall really happy with the car now. IMO beige black were just pathetic for my liking.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191031_170738.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191031_170935.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191031_171024.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191031_171152.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:32. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line. Post fixed.
anshul70701 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 18:28   #3697
BHPian

Wow that looks really good BHPian anshul70701! Black Interiors just have something so elegant about them and are more suitable for the conditions in India.

Could you please elaborate on the work done, that is were the seats and trim changed or the factory ones redone in black?
Abhinav_2502 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 18:45   #3698

Hey Reinhard & SpringisKing,

I am hoping that is exactly so! Will update, post the servicing, if something was done or not!!

I, too, am of the opinion, that it was an aberration, else through Mumbai's rains, there would have been enough evidence to an actual structural / beading leakage!

Cheers!
Old 31st October 2019, 19:49   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
Thank you team bhp for approving my membership (Means alot to me.)

By the way seat ventilation works perfectly fine. Overall really happy with the car now. IMO beige black were just pathetic for my liking.
Welcome to the community and I have to say all black just looks amazing. Are these black seat covers which KIA offers as part of accessories or did you get this done outside completely. Fit and finish is really excellent
Old 31st October 2019, 21:10   #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Welcome to the community and I have to say all black just looks amazing. Are these black seat covers which KIA offers as part of accessories or did you get this done outside completely. Fit and finish is really excellent
No no all this is done from outside but referred through one of the salesman at speedingo kia delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Wow that looks really good BHPian anshul70701! Black Interiors just have something so elegant about them and are more suitable for the conditions in India.

Could you please elaborate on the work done, that is were the seats and trim changed or the factory ones redone in black?
Yes everything is new just the armrest, steering and the gear lever is factory else everything is Customised.

Last edited by bblost : 31st October 2019 at 21:25. Reason: back to back
Old 31st October 2019, 21:31   #3701
BHPian

I took delivery of my HTX+ 1.5D AT yesterday. Once I got the car alloted, dealer was reasonably responsive in getting it to my hands (though just not even close to how Toyota buying experience - that was like clockwork); delivery process was done in an hour. Number plate has to come from RTO - so expecting a week for that. Initial impressions are great - car feels good; nice interiors and love the headlights.

Dealer gave option for some 7 insurance providers - I just went with Bajaj with whom I've insured my other vehicles. 1yr own and 3yr 3rd party.

Color - Glacier Pearl White. Had booked the maroon one - but it never got alloted; and when I actually saw few cars out in the sunlight, it looked very different from under the tubelight. Didn't want Grey or Black because I just sold a black car. Silver looked very good, but again uncertainity over delivery date. White seemed safe and went for it - at least it looked the same indoors and outdoors and kind of hides the bling all around - black taping some elements is on the cards later if I get around to it.

Accessories:
* Regular floor mat
* Boot mat
* Window shade (that thing outside the door - gives a good shade)
* Idol
* Door sill guard
* Side body protector (I thought it will be stuck towards mid part of the door - but it is stuck over the black beading towards the bottom) - it is chrome finish. I would've preferred the black beading, but perhaps since I already paid for it, it is kind of looking nice .

Have a 800km round trip coming up tomorrow till Sunday. Will post photos and updates after that.

Initial negative impressions (because there is lot of good stuff about the car in the forum already):
* There is fogging inside fog lamps. Need to get it checked.
* While ventilated seats are nice, I am unable to yet find a good seating position. Definitely has better underthigh support than my Innova's driver seat.
* While diamond pattern is much better on the back (personal preference), it is a bit uncomfortable on the trousers. May be it needs to be used a bit.
* Never liked the slanted bottle holders in the doors. Still don't like it. Unless I get a perfect fitting bottle, it just makes noise.
* UVO app registration hasn't been successful. Stupid bug in the app -> the input box for verification code never gets activated to actually enter the OTP shown in the car.
* Rattling from the rear side. Turned out to be loose toolkit inside the spare tire well. Need a way to fix it - has some velcro in each packet - need to find the right fixing areas. I think rear parcel tray also rattles a bit.
* Ride is a little harsh with recommended pressure of 35psi. Planning to keep it at that since most of my driving is on highways and there it is actually pretty nice in the short runs I did.
* Whatever I do, the fan just wouldn't turn off. Finally figured out that it was running because of "smart air purifier" - went and made it minimal in the settings and now proper silence and just the engine noise.
* Parking in tight apartment lot is a nuisance - like Innova, I have to come in reverse from main road for some 20 meters in a single lane road that have vehicles on one side; take a right angle turn into the basement undeground; another 10 meters and then right angle turn to the spot. Had perfected this over the years in Innova. This car is smaller and lower height, but the parking sensor warning goes all the time when I go past other cars, trees, pillars etc and it is very irritating since you are already driving in reverse. I am not sure if I can turn this off!
* Rear suspension (both) seemed to have totally rusted - almost yellow color - inner rod. I got worried and then wiped it and it didn't feel or smell like rust. Checked several other cars - all of them have it like that. Not sure if it is intentional to paint it like that - why not black?
* Steering feel - small and thick and very nice to hold and use. But feedback? Definitely vague compared to Fiat and Innova that I used to own before.
* Was disappointed with Bose sound system. After tweaking the setting a bit on the console, now it actually sounds quite good - not at all bass heavy, but if you like Audio Technica kind of sound, you will like it. I do. If you like to have loud bassy signature, this is not at all for you.

Last edited by vsbabu : 31st October 2019 at 21:36. Reason: Spelling mistake and missing point
vsbabu is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 22:39   #3702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think this will be the first gtx+ Dct with all black interiors
As i am the only fool to have the courage to mess with brand new car.
Congratulations on the purchase! Did you get the upholstery changed? Are you sure this will not impact the side airbags?
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 22:51   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
but the parking sensor warning goes all the time when I go past other cars, trees, pillars etc and it is very irritating since you are already driving in reverse. I am not sure if I can turn this off!
My Tigor's rear sensor sound can be disabled by pressing the Volume mute button provided for the music system. Do try this. If that doesn't work try the volume button.
Old 31st October 2019, 23:16   #3704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! Did you get the upholstery changed? Are you sure this will not impact the side airbags?
He said he has taken care of that so I just trusted him, just like we trust the company.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:30. Reason: Post fixed. Please proof-read before posting.
Old 1st November 2019, 09:05   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
He said he has taken care of that so I just trusted him, just like we trust the company.
Congratulations on the new acquisition and welcome to T-Bhp. The car does look stunning in Black and I would change it if I could so understandably I am very curious.

Once you get a chance, I am very keen to understand how were they able to take care of ventilation and the airbags. Also I would assume that they would have to remove completely the original covers, so what happened with that?

Also do share the cost of this conversion and the time taken.

Thanks, and enjoy your ride.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 21:30. Reason: Quote fixed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks