Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 11:53   #3751
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

If there is anybody more than 6' tall and already own a Seltos, can you please share your feedback on how spacious is the driver foot well and seating position? When driver seat's aft is set to your comfortable position, how comfortable is the rear passenger?

I test drove a Jeep Compass last week and the foot well was very cramped.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:24   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Gupta ji,
I know why you ask this question, it's kinda personal but still shall answer.
The car is not registered in Gujarat, but in Dadra and Nagar haveli coz that's where my work, factories are and that's where the car spends most of the time in too.
Kia Vapi dealer was picked as it's the same dealer through which i had bought my Fortuner as they have a Toyota dealership too.
No questions about the feel good talk i had with an x1 driver ?
Thanks for your reply.
Well, I am sorry for asking a personal question but this question came to my mind when I looked at your video and then your post. I am still recovering from the mind boggling amount of tax, one has to pay for a car. (There is quite a sizeable difference in the amount one pays in Gujarat and Maharashtra - It is shocking)

I was thinking whether there was some way of taking advantage of the lower Gujarat tax rate while not flouting any laws but your answer has cleared that up (Given that you car is spends most of its time near your factory, a Dadra registration makes sense)

As far as your feel good talk is concerned, I am already impressed by what the Seltos offers. A Seltos being appreciated by a BMW X1 owner would make anyone feel real good. Frankly, I agree, having seen a few Seltos on the roads already, it is definitely a looker.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:41   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
What's the MID reading? That would give an Idea on the error. I don't find this surprising if this is in Bangalore on weekdays. Let the engine open up a bit and it shall improve to 8/9kmpl . Considering even grand i10 AT manages single digit mileage in Bangalore usual traffic, i won't expect seltos to be any more frugal with a much more powerful engine and heavier weight to carry around.
MID accumulated average has now improved to 9kmpl. First few days unfortunately I could drive only in bumper to bumper traffic and that might have been the reason. I did ignore run in and rip the engine a few times due to frustration though doing 0-100 laps!! I'm just scared that did not affect the already bad FE numbers.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:48   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos98 View Post
Probably explains the scary experience while climbing out of the mall cellar in a stop and go situation.

I questioned the Hill Assist feature but I guess it's more than that.

Hope this can be rectified somehow.
From the manual, The Hill Assist feature will apply the brakes and hold the car for 2 seconds after which the car will roll back. This is designed to give you time to switch from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal when stopped on an incline. I tried out this feature yesterday and it worked well. Moreover, I did not find any issues climbing up inclines with the car and I did have to do a steep climb out of a mall parking as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Congratulations for your car. Looks fabulous!
As your prayers have been answered, now please pray for me that i get mine delivered soon
Are they headlights and the pass function powerful enough for the stubborn drivers on the road who refuse to dim their high beam?
Thank you! I will pray for you, since I know how hard the wait is . I read somewhere that KIA is dispatching a lot of GTX+ models currently, so your car might also come sooner than you think. The RTO process took only 3 days for me and the car was delivered 2 days after that.

The headlights are more than adequate.

Last edited by TG_F196 : 4th November 2019 at 12:50.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:02   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Congrats on the car!

Could you please tell me why you chose the GTX and specifically why the 1.4L+DCT?

I'm also strongly considering the GTX or GTX+, but really confused about the powertrain on offer.

I tested the GTX with DCT and it felt a bit low on response. Upshifted quite late and kick-downs were also late. One particular instance was the car totally not responding for a couple of seconds on a very steep incline. I was on the "Sport" mode if it matters.

To check if this was because of the DCT, I tested the 1.4L turbo+6MT as well. This again disappointed me on a steep incline. In fact it was much more difficult to manage with the manual gearbox as it seems there is virtually no torque below the 1500rpm mark. It seems we really have to work between the gears in such situations to get it moving.

Hi Dr.Naren!

When I tested the 1.4L turbo with DCT (and the 6MT as well), I noticed it fell flat completely on a steep incline. With the DCT, it revved really high before it could get moving and was unresponsive for a few seconds. In the manual, the rpm kept falling despite throttle even on the second gear. When shifted to the first gear, the engine revved really high but upshifting meant it was almost stalling.

Did you experience anything similar? I'd be using the cars on mountainous roads and don't want to work the gears to get the car moving.

Congrats!

What made you choose the AT-Diesel over the 1.4L DCT considering both are at the same price point?
Sorry for the late reply. Reason for going to D AT is: My everyday traffic is bumper to bumper which is like 5 kms/40 mins travel time each way. So knowing about DCT heating issues I went with D AT. I miss the initial torque and smoothness( esp smoothness i'm noticing already considerable) in D AT, but I had to compromise. One other thing is D AT mileage for long drives.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:06   #3756

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post
Surprisingly, last weekend (just after the showers the previous day), as I sat in the car, and drove off, I had a few drops of water (7-8 drops max) dripping from the rubber beading inside of the right hand door top, where the door / glass slopes off downwards
Hi All,

My 7DCT car underwent it's first service last Friday. It was a good experience at Kia Service Thane. The team was very helpful, and the service was completed in about 3 hours.

I had reported the issue of the water droplets that seeped in, and the Service manager made me sit in the car as he did himself, and we undertook the water spray test on all the doors! I am happy to report, that not a drop seeped in!!

So, as we had guessed earlier, it was some aberration of sorts, and I am happy that none since has seeped in! The servicing team also cleaned out the rubber beading, just to make sure that all was perfectly seated.

Cheers and ride safe!
cdrsd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:32   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
If there is anybody more than 6' tall and already own a Seltos, can you please share your feedback on how spacious is the driver foot well and seating position? When driver seat's aft is set to your comfortable position, how comfortable is the rear passenger?

I test drove a Jeep Compass last week and the foot well was very cramped.
I drive a GTX DCT and am 6 ft 3 inches tall; never had a problem finding the right seat position and with the HUD adjusted, can even see the display with ease. The seating is comfortable and foot well does not feel cramped at all.
car-o-holic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:43   #3758
BHPian

Completed the first service of my HTX+ D MT a couple of days back, at Vihaan KIA Service on Friday. They have a nice clean workshop in Kukatpally. Of course the number of vehicles they are handling is not very high. The first service is basically a check up and filter cleaning. The car was washed and cleaned really well. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:46   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to share a very pleasing incident i had earlier today evening while driving the Seltos towards bandra at a Traffic Light in BKC, there was this gentleman driving the F48 gen X1 impressed by the Kia who complimented me by saying ' Nice car ' to which i replied ' Thanks ' & asked him ' How's the x1 doing ? ' to which he said ' Great ' & then i asked him ' Is it an S drive or an X Drive ? ' to which he replied ' X - Drive ' , i smiled at him with a thumbs up & then we drove off.
Was a good Man Talk
Very simply put, a Seltos GTX+DCT is about half the price of a BMW X1, but it is much more than half the car!!!
biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 15:37   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthu88 View Post
First time I'm hearing anyone complain about the DCT engine, right from the forum to unlimited reviews, no one has said it is under powered, I'm sure multiple bhpians will agree with me on this.
+1 I really agree with you, I have done multiple DCT TDs to get assured that I am putting my money to the right car and have to say, I never felt it under powered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

Update: I have for the first time decided to go with a ceramic paint protection (I have never even paid for a Teflon Coating!), so I will be getting the car back today, quite excited to see the results. I had asked the workshop to click the pictures to share on the forum, here are some of them.
Car does look shiny and pops out, job really done well how much does it cost for you?
Old 4th November 2019, 16:30   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Car does look shiny and pops out, job really done well how much does it cost for you?
Thank you. I am yet to see it in person, but it does shine under lights.

Both the exterior and the interior included costed around 20k
Old 4th November 2019, 17:15   #3762
BHPian

Quote:
Gupta ji,
No questions about the feel good talk i had with an x1 driver ?
That was indeed a fair question, Well that makes clear that the guy who owns an X1 do have an eye on Seltos.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 18:02   #3763

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
What happens if the telecom service provider shuts shop (Hyundai Venue uses Vodafone and Vodafone may exit India)?
One of my friend works in Vodafone and told me that post Vodafone India exit all the existing Vodafone SIMs will continue working with Idea
gettomanish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 19:28   #3764
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend-
To all the Seltos 1.4 DCT owners. Did you guys felt a steering weight/ feel and feedback change between Normal Sport and Eco mode as you shift between these modes?
Old 4th November 2019, 20:00   #3765

Now that we are slowly learning to use the overwhelming features in the car 10 inch display.
Hoping to keep the Bluetooth dedicated to calls only as it connects to various phones in and out as the drivers switch.

What is the best way to have a permanent/dedicated Spotify or Saavan without wanting to connect to Bluetooth?

Are there apps that can connect directly to the car android platform either via internet or media option?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks