Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:58   #3736
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

At last
It was in fact a long wait.
After 2 weeks of constant pestering, Incheon Kia Cochin finally delivered the car today.
My intense red GTX Plus DCT
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-sandygordon.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:02   #3737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
My intense red GTX Plus DCT
Congratulations. Time to update your signature.

What happened to your S-Cross? Sold or keeping it?
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:04   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Attachment 1930485

5: The lights have great illumination and the auto function works well. Although the light stalk is a little weird in the sense that you need to pull it towards yourself twice to switch off highbeam.
Congratulations for your car. Looks fabulous!
As your prayers have been answered, now please pray for me that i get mine delivered soon
Are they headlights and the pass function powerful enough for the stubborn drivers on the road who refuse to dim their high beam?
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:16   #3739
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted to share a very pleasing incident i had earlier today evening while driving the Seltos towards bandra at a Traffic Light in BKC, there was this gentleman driving the F48 gen X1 impressed by the Kia who complimented me by saying ' Nice car ' to which i replied ' Thanks ' & asked him ' How's the x1 doing ? ' to which he said ' Great ' & then i asked him ' Is it an S drive or an X Drive ? ' to which he replied ' X - Drive ' , i smiled at him with a thumbs up & then we drove off.
Was a good Man Talk

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd November 2019 at 22:41.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 23:17   #3740

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Congrats on the car!

I tested the GTX with DCT and it felt a bit low on response. Upshifted quite late and kick-downs were also late. One particular instance was the car totally not responding for a couple of seconds on a very steep incline. I was on the "Sport" mode if it matters.
First time I'm hearing anyone complain about the DCT engine, right from the forum to unlimited reviews, no one has said it is under powered, I'm sure multiple bhpians will agree with me on this.

I'm not quite sure what you're expecting from the engine, maybe you should look at the compass trailhawk or a similar category car to meet your requirements.
Old 3rd November 2019, 23:19   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
tested the 1.4L turbo with DCT (and the 6MT as well), I noticed it fell flat completely on a steep incline. With the DCT, it revved really high before it could get moving and was unresponsive for a few seconds.
Faulty mapping of DCT - felt the same problem in the Venue 1.0 DCT. Quite surprising considering these mass market cars undergo 1000's of hours of testing
Old 3rd November 2019, 23:26   #3742

Probably explains the scary experience while climbing out of the mall cellar in a stop and go situation.

I questioned the Hill Assist feature but I guess it's more than that.

Hope this can be rectified somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Faulty mapping of DCT - felt the same problem in the Venue 1.0 DCT. Quite surprising considering these mass market cars undergo 1000's of hours of testing
seltos98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 23:28   #3743
BHPian

I drive GTX+ DCT. Surprisingly tank full to tank full gave me 6.3kmpl. Will probably do this exercise couple of more times and update the group.

Last edited by springisking : 3rd November 2019 at 23:32.
springisking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 23:47   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I drive GTX+ DCT. Surprisingly tank full to tank full gave me 6.3kmpl. Will probably do this exercise couple of more times and update the group.
What's the MID reading? That would give an Idea on the error. I don't find this surprising if this is in Bangalore on weekdays. Let the engine open up a bit and it shall improve to 8/9kmpl . Considering even grand i10 AT manages single digit mileage in Bangalore usual traffic, i won't expect seltos to be any more frugal with a much more powerful engine and heavier weight to carry around.

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd November 2019 at 23:48.
Old 4th November 2019, 01:55   #3745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Finally got delivery of my White GTX+ DCT after an eternity. Here are my thoughts.
Congratulations TG_F196 on your new GTX+ DCT. Thanks for your positive feedback on the car. It's reassuring to know.
Quote:
4: Features like HUD felt like gimmicks while booking, but honestly it was super useful and amazing to use. I did not have to take my eyes off the road at all and I might have only looked at the instrument cluster for a total of 5 minutes during a 4 hour drive.
I can vouch for the comments on the HUD. The HUD is a very useful gadget to have. I bought a Mazda CX3 last year for my daughter here in Australia. I drive it once in a while. Though the HUD on the Mazda is smaller than that on the GTX+ I found it very useful. In fact one of the reasons I chose the GTX+ DCT over the HTX IVT was because of the HUD in addition to some other features.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Last edited by ampere : 4th November 2019 at 06:02. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 4th November 2019, 06:41   #3746
BHPian

We got our GTX DCT late Oct & our first tank full to tank full has given us 9.5, while the MID shows 10.6 average.
Our drive has been 65:35 highway and city (Bangalore) with the highway drive yielding 12.9 on the MID.
car-o-holic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 09:31   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Continuing...

Changed few equalizer settings for Bose and the music system is lovely now.

I can't feel any fragrance from smart purifier - ignoring it for now since new car smell is better

Couldn't figure out how to turn off mood lighting - so night time time driving with music is subtley colorful under the dash.

Fog lamp is getting defogged quickly under the sun. Though those can't be turned on unless headlamps are on.

One thing I couldn't figure out is how to show tyre pressure on the console. It shows frequently changig and distracting fuel consumption monitor all the time. Another thing I miss is the trip meter - haven't checked the manual to see if it is there.

Infotainment system has dark mode as well and screensaver to keep distraction to a minimum. Couldn't find a switch off option though.
Can you please share the settings on the equalizer, I am still unhappy with the output.

Kia guys I found had generally not taken out the protective film from the perfume diffuser, else you cant miss it as soon as you switch it on. Unfortunately it only works in tandem with the air purifier. You need to open the armrest and just under the top cover you would find that the smaller portion is the perfume cassette which you can pull out and then you will find the blue protective film, which you have to remove.

mood lighting can't be switched off but you can make it a single colour and set the brightness to minimum, which will no longer be noticeable.

Just like any other car, you can switch on the fogs with only the parking light on.

I am not sure what you mean by showing on centre console. You can keep pressing Mode button and cycle through the various displays on the MID, also once you are on the fuel efficiency menu, you can cycle through different options with the right up and down key on the steering to go through various trip meters. There is one trip meter which is the 'Accumulated info meter' the other is the drive trip meter which automatically resets after the car is switched off for some time, you can change all these settings though from the ICE.

You have the option to switch off the screensaver, just have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Spent time with Kia Seltos 1.4 DCT GTX +

5. There is around 10 kmph difference between digital and analog speedometer. Speed alarm considers the digital speed.
Dr Naren, I have till now not found any difference in the digital and analog reading, I have although noticed that there is some lag in the analog, especially pronounced on de-acceleration, whereas the digital reading is instant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Whats the realistic mileage (on road) one can expect from Seltos diesel, both manual and automatic please? My family has a requirement
Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
We got our GTX DCT late Oct & our first tank full to tank full has given us 9.5, while the MID shows 10.6 average.
Our drive has been 65:35 highway and city (Bangalore) with the highway drive yielding 12.9 on the MID.
My D-AT has done >2000km, on the last tankfull I managed 13.4kmpl by the tankfull method, this is 100% city driving with b2b traffic and average speeds of <20kmph.

Update: I have for the first time decided to go with a ceramic paint protection (I have never even paid for a Teflon Coating!), so I will be getting the car back today, quite excited to see the results. I had asked the workshop to click the pictures to share on the forum, here are some of them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.40-am-1.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.40-am.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.41-am-1.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.41-am.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.42-am.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.43-am-1.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191104-9.18.43-am.jpeg  

Last edited by AGwagon : 4th November 2019 at 09:41.
AGwagon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 09:42   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Wanted to share a very pleasing incident i had earlier today evening while driving the Seltos towards bandra at a Traffic Light in BKC..
Is your car registered in Maharashtra or Gujarat?

Was there any specific reason for you choosing the Kia dealer in Vapi?
And if your car is registered in Gujarat, what are the rules you followed regarding an out of state car in Maharashtra? (i think there is some 6 month rule before you have to register the car in the state and pay the respective tax)
Old 4th November 2019, 09:52   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Can you please share the settings on the equalizer, I am still unhappy with the output.
I increased Bass and treble by 3 points; and I think changed the fade also to be little forward. I usually listen to melodies and I can very clearly hear the depth of bass guitar and low freq percussion. Love it.

Other items except fog lamp alone to be turned on, I figured out in yesterday's drive -> lots of traffic backlog at toll gates thanks for the info. Fog lamps, even the manual says it can be on only if main lamps are on. I am ok with that.

Rear parcel tray stopped rattling completely when I just plugged the bands it comes with to the hatch. Those are loose, but it stopped - have no idea how.

Overall round trip of 750km with 700km on highways gave me 17.8kmpl. Quite happy with that part!

While the front design is striking, it is a super pain to clean it with all the cuts and grooves and the gaps. Almost like you need an ear bud to clean!
vsbabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 10:07   #3750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Is your car registered in Maharashtra or Gujarat?

Was there any specific reason for you choosing the Kia dealer in Vapi?
And if your car is registered in Gujarat, what are the rules you followed regarding an out of state car in Maharashtra? (i think there is some 6 month rule before you have to register the car in the state and pay the respective tax)
Gupta ji,
I know why you ask this question, it's kinda personal but still shall answer.
The car is not registered in Gujarat, but in Dadra and Nagar haveli coz that's where my work, factories are and that's where the car spends most of the time in too.
Kia Vapi dealer was picked as it's the same dealer through which i had bought my Fortuner as they have a Toyota dealership too.
No questions about the feel good talk i had with an x1 driver ?

Last edited by karan561 : 4th November 2019 at 10:09.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks