Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2019, 20:36   #4486

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roovee View Post
Mine stopped working too on December 18. Took it to the service center today; they said there is an update. Post the update and factory re-set it is working. They mentioned that if it stops working it is likely there is an update to be installed.

Quite an inconvenient method of updating!!!
Although UVO is a great feature, this is annoying, even mine (GTX+ D AT) is not getting updated since Dec 18, which means I also need to visit Service Center to get the update!

Kia should get a better process to let the update sent over the air or find out a way that current setups continue to work even with a previous version till the time user visits service station for next service.

BTW, would like to share that I have noted that the UVO app does show the tyre in red colour in "Status" if Air pressure in that tyre is below pre-set limit which looks to be 28-29 (other tyres continue to be shown is green). Although they should have set the limit little lower which is a problem in cold weather since as soon as a tyre touches this value the TPMS throws an error and you need to through the complete cycle of over-inflating and delating to desired levels. (My comfort level is 32 which gives a very little margin before the TMPS starts giving an error)
sanj47900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 21:56   #4487
BHPian

Anyone aware of random chiming alert from the car, I initially thought it might be 80 kmph speed alert, but this chime comes in randomly from 40 to 60 KMPH. I know it's trying to communicate something because the ICE volume is automatically reduced to let these beeps heard. For the beeps to go away, I have to reduce the speed below 40 (could be coincidence as well). Any pointer towards what could it be?
I drive a GTX+ Diesel

Last edited by v6kgang : 21st December 2019 at 22:07. Reason: Added vehicle details
Old 21st December 2019, 22:48   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Anyone aware of random chiming alert from the car, I initially thought it might be 80 kmph speed alert, but this chime comes in randomly from 40 to 60 KMPH. I know it's trying to communicate something because the ICE volume is automatically reduced to let these beeps heard. For the beeps to go away, I have to reduce the speed below 40 (could be coincidence as well). Any pointer towards what could it be?
I drive a GTX+ Diesel
Apologies for the back to back posts. Found the source of the chime, it's the speed limit audible warning. I had enabled speed limit on navigation setting (it's not checked by default) and forgot about it. Fun fact: speed limit on bellandur stretch of ORR is 40 KMPH. I believe all roads were converted to 60 for cars and 50 for bikes couple of years ago. Either maps are not updated or they have changed back to different speeds for different roads.
v6kgang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 23:57   #4489
BHPian

After reading and hearing a lot about Seltos, I went to the showroom today to check it out. I came out very impressed with Seltos. High-quality materials are used everywhere and the cabin feels premium, ergonomics were spot on for me and I was very comfortable driving it from the word go. My daily drive is humble & small Santro but somehow the bigger size & higher driving position of Seltos didn't intimidate me.
2 weeks back I had taken a test drive of Creta petrol automatic. Even though Creta has it's positives but I never found a perfect driving position in it & ergonomics were a bit amiss. The interiors didn't feel that premium. The driving experience was not that great. Even with 1 Lakh discount on Creta, If I were on the market to buy SUV, I would rather go for Seltos than Creta. When you are shelling out 16+ a lakh more doesn't matter much for a product which one would love to own, isn't it?
I also drove a GTX Petrol DCT after driving HTX IVT. The difference due to the DCT gearbox & Turbocharged petrol engine was immediately felt. The Sports mode put a big smile on my face . It immediately reminded me of my Linea Tjet; Seltos is more powerful.
I didn't get a chance to listen to the Bose audio system as they didn't have any vehicle with it. The Infinity music system is so good that I thought I was listening to a Bose. Definitely much better than the one offered in Creta.
Though I am not actively looking for a new car, somewhere Seltos has touched my heart and I might end up buying one (sooner or later).
Old 22nd December 2019, 05:02   #4490

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...hevy-find-out/

What is the policy and regulation in India?
Old 22nd December 2019, 05:05   #4491

Here is an interesting article on connected cars.
What is the policy and regulation in India?

Washington Post:
What does your car know about you? We hacked a Chevy to find out.
Our privacy experiment found that automakers collect data through hundreds of sensors and an always-on Internet connection. Driving surveillance is becoming hard to avoid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...hevy-find-out/
seltos98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 11:38   #4492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos98 View Post
What does your car know about you? We hacked a Chevy to find out.
Our privacy experiment found that automakers collect data through hundreds of sensors and an always-on Internet connection. Driving surveillance is becoming hard to avoid.
The Information Tech professor who taught me was obsessed with Data harvesting, so obsessed that she can't go 2 sentences without taking that word. She like many others keep saying that data is the next goldmine/oilmine. There are umpteen adverts on internet today about becoming a data analyst and now even programming machines to analyze and mine data (A.I).

Inventing these terms, to me is something to the tune of calling a drug peddler a "Fantasy Scientist" or a burglar as a "Randomized Item Logistics and Resale Manager". The Internet of Things (IoT) is there to study everyone, period. Smart is the new dumbing of us, and is one step closer to using the mined data to manipulate the users more and more and more till they are just a zombie connected to the smart grid.

People like my professor are victims of their trade, where they've become so distant and so disconnected from reality, because their aim is to create a new VR, where data is exchanged for apparent "free" services, the real cost, we will understand soon.

After reading this, I will never get a connected car in my life. Anything that streams data to us is streaming that data to the world.
dark.knight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 12:08   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
After reading this, I will never get a connected car in my life. Anything that streams data to us is streaming that data to the world.
I for one, love data. Data collected without PIA (which is not the case quoted in the OP link) is completely OK and that's how manufacturers can better the product,generation after generation. I am an open telemetry enthusiast ( another fancy word for data miner, but without PIA ) and its fascinating to see the patterns emerge from seemingly random things. But, I agree to your point quoted above of we becoming slaves to smart things around us.

Last edited by v6kgang : 22nd December 2019 at 12:09. Reason: Punctuation
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 13:11   #4494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
I am an open telemetry enthusiast ( another fancy word for data miner, but without PIA ) and its fascinating to see the patterns emerge from seemingly random things. But, I agree to your point quoted above of we becoming slaves to smart things around us.
While I respect that there is an industry that revolves around it, I will never accept the narrative of "improving user experience" and using that narrative to force accept cookies, force accept agreements and force accept data use.

We got along almost half our lives without these intrusive trojans and I think these are just glamorous ways to get into people's heads. Product quality has never been lower, and user experience has never been worse than it is today. The feedback mechanisms are a farce and never before have I seen listlessness in a business as I have today. Cars are getting worse and worse. No thanks, PIA or not.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 13:49   #4495

I purchased my Kia Seltos on 29th November 2019 in Hyderabad. Gave it for its first service recently and since then the UVO is not connecting. I have spoken to the service centre, they say they have updated the software as advised by KIA and there is nothing they can do and I have to contact the call centre.

I have called the Kia call centre about 5 times now. First they asked me to reset the system, which I did. The next caller asked me to send an email, which I did. The third caller said its no issue from our side, the dealer and service centre should sort this issue out. The fourth caller suggested that his superior will call back which he never did. The fifth person said our technical team will contact you and they never did.

And just for your information, the people who pick up the call are call centre employees who have no technical knowledge about UVO. and they don't have the number of the technical person. So basically there is no way you can contact a person who knows something about it.

Just because the sales are good doesn’t mean Kia can take customers for granted. There are already very bad reviews regarding after sales support from Kia which are being posted online daily.

I had complained about the rear parcel tray rattling and the service person said on phone it was solved. When I had a look, all they did was stick a double sided tape (white coloured) on both ends.

Last night I got a call from the service centre for satisfaction rating. When I explained all this, they said they will get back to me.

I am unhappy at the way service is being handled by Kia.
docahmer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:37   #4496
BHPian

The UVO connect app for my HTX IVT did not show any trip data from Dec 14th - 17th (I took delivery on Dec 11th). I happened to visit the dealer on 18th Dec for picking up some of the accessories that were pending & i mentioned this to the service advisor. He checked my AV version & said that it was updated in Nov & that a Dec update was available. He then updated the AV system with a pen drive & then the trip data started showing up. I think Kia might release an update every month & hence we might have to make a trip to the service centre to get it updated every now & then.

Before this update, i used to send the destination info from my UVO connect app to the head unit but it won't get registered at the first try. It used to register after 2 or 3 tries. Now that issue is not there.

Also i found that the AV unit plays videos when the vehicle is stationary. I tried both .mov & .mp4 files & both played.

Last edited by akrish01 : 22nd December 2019 at 20:40. Reason: Added more info
akrish01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 22:57   #4497
BHPian

Good news for Navi Mumbaikars.
Saw a new showroom coming up next to the BMW showroom at Nerul.
Was driving past that area and saw it.
No need for that trip to the Panvel outlet to book or test drive your cars.
Please call them up before making the trip to ensure they are operational.

Kia website calls this Sales Point only
SALES
Bhavna Wheels LLP
Plot No. 49, Sector 1, Near L P Bridge,
Nerul East, Navi Mumbai, 400706

Ref: Kia Nerul

Last edited by Ithaca : 22nd December 2019 at 23:04.
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:20   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
I gave my Seltos for its first servicing a couple of days back. Since then there is no UVO connectivity. Dealer says you need to speak to customer care. I did call and spoke to 4 different people at different times. Each one has a different answer. But not a solution.

Kia needs to take its customers seriously. Just because sales are good doesnt means you can take customers for granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roovee View Post
Mine stopped working too on December 18. Took it to the service center today; they said there is an update. Post the update and factory re-set it is working. They mentioned that if it stops working it is likely there is an update to be installed.

Quite an inconvenient method of updating!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
I purchased my Kia Seltos on 29th November 2019 in Hyderabad. Gave it for its first service recently and since then the UVO is not connecting. I have spoken to the service centre, they say they have updated the software as advised by KIA and there is nothing they can do and I have to contact the call centre.

Just because the sales are good doesn’t mean Kia can take customers for granted. There are already very bad reviews regarding after sales support from Kia which are being posted online daily. I am unhappy at the way service is being handled by Kia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
The UVO connect app for my HTX IVT did not show any trip data from Dec 14th - 17th (I took delivery on Dec 11th). I happened to visit the dealer on 18th Dec for picking up some of the accessories that were pending & i mentioned this to the service advisor. He checked my AV version & said that it was updated in Nov & that a Dec update was available. He then updated the AV system with a pen drive & then the trip data started showing up.
My UVO isnt working since Dec 18, as well and this is the 2nd time this has happened. The last time also I had to reset the system using instructions from YT, and I wasnt happy about losing all my settings then. I am not sure if the update solves the issue or will it be just another reset done by the dealer. Eitherway it is frustrating and OTA updates should happen, as there is no reason why that would be a difficult task to do. It will also give the car a USP besides the Hector has it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj47900 View Post
Although UVO is a great feature, this is annoying, even mine (GTX+ D AT) is not getting updated since Dec 18, which means I also need to visit Service Center to get the update!

Kia should get a better process to let the update sent over the air or find out a way that current setups continue to work even with a previous version till the time user visits service station for next service.

Although they should have set the limit little lower which is a problem in cold weather since as soon as a tyre touches this value the TPMS throws an error and you need to through the complete cycle of over-inflating and delating to desired levels. (My comfort level is 32 which gives a very little margin before the TMPS starts giving an error)
yes in North India with early single digits temperature, the TPMS is becoming a pain to maintain. I have therefore for the winters resided to a 34psi which on worst of the mornings also does not fall below 30psi, saves the trouble!
Old 23rd December 2019, 16:01   #4499

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
While coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on. This happens even if I start at the upslope at a very low speed. This behaviour appears similar to my Tiago AMT (even though not as severe). My Civic with Torque Converter never had this issue. Look forward to inputs from other Seltos DCT owners.
I face this issue too everyday, car seems to downshift to d1 or d2, it's not smooth, I go up 4 floors on a ramp and face this issue.
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:52   #4500
BHPian

How people with automatics manage if there is water logging and traffic jam(Bangalore Monsoons)?
What to do in such scenarios to keep revs high? One thing we can do is to press brake and accelerator pedal both, but i'm not a big fan of this method. Any other suggestion?

Last edited by SahilS : 23rd December 2019 at 20:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks