Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2019, 08:12   #4336
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

We have booked a GTX + DCT and will be getting a delivery in about 10 days . I read through Karans review and the thought of tyre change has been doing rounds in my head .

I was thinking of upgrading to p4ST but I wanted to understand if its a CUV specific or sedan/hatchback specific tyre .

We also have a creta at home which runs on the same good year tyres and I've never had a chance to complain about them . So am wondering if I should just chuck the idea of even swapping the tyres .
Old 7th December 2019, 08:38   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Someone with experience please guide me. I believe I am doing something wrong.
I did the same mistake when was new to CC . Later with hit and trial figured out. Ashis explained the process to engage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

With CC engaged, if you want to accelerate briefly (such as to overtake another vehicle), then use the accelerator without bothering about the CC. Once you are done with the overtake, leave the accelerator and your car will automatically slow down to your set CC speed and continue.
Alternatively you can also use the +/- buttons to increase or decrease speeds while CC is engaged without even touching the accelerator. Not seltos but in Jazz I am able to change speeds while CC is engaged this way. Guess it's common for all CC equipped cars irrespective of brand.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 10:43   #4338

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
How many of yall are spoilt by their Seltos. After sitting and driving this car for around 5 days, I'm not willing to sit back into the Sx4 nor the Baleno. The DCT has got no heating issues at all. Just so happy with the car right now. Everything feels so plush. I had no clue that the doors were made of soft touch material above the armrest. The car feels solid as you shut the door as if you are secured! I'm fortunate and happy with this car.
Yes you are absolutely correct. My elder brother drives a BMW X5 2017 35I. Yesterday I drove it after a very long time. Even though nothing can match driving pleasure of a 35i engine and luxury of a BMW, but as I was holding the steering and after driving for a minute or so I realized that I was not feeling the way I felt about the car a month or two back.

Some observations
  1. Screen size: Compared to Seltos it was smalerl. I mean way smaller
  2. 360deg Camera: X5 doesn't even have a camera at the back. STRANGE
  3. Steering feel: Steering feel in Seltos is leaps ahead of any car in the segment. I think only an M sport or AMG steering can be compared to this.
I know its a stupid comparison, but after reading your post about getting spoilt by the Seltos, I agree even I am in the same boat. The car is nothing short of Germans in terms of feel. This car is an absolute pleasure to drive in city traffic and sport mode is as aggressive as it can be for highways.

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2019 at 16:36. Reason: fixed punctuations
anshul70701 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:19   #4339

Having driven for 500kms in city traffic and outskirts in the 7DCT petrol, I would say I am happy I made the right choice. This automated manual is completely different from a CVT driving experience. Its as if I am driving a manual without the hassle of the clutch and changing gears.

I have driven in bumper to bumper traffic and never observed the heating issue that so many youtubers are exploiting for views/likes.I am grateful to Kia to have provided the transmission temperature view in the MID. I just put the car in neutral when I am at standing still in bumper to bumper traffic.

After using so many features in Seltos I feel we were being shortchanged by other car manufacturers in depriving us of so many safety, infotainment, security features in cars where we spent 15-20 lakhs (ex: Creta, Skoda, Honda city etc)

360 deg camera is awesome. So convenient. The UVO app remote is clear and easy to use. The Navigation system shows a nice graphic when you approach a flyover, 3 lane road etc.

Hardly getting to use the sport mode in the city. Pedal to metal and acceleration is too fast when overtaking even in normal mode. Eco mode giving 12kmpl mileage on display.

The headlights are eye catching, and very bright. I cant think of anythng that Kia would have done more in the Seltos. Even the wireless car charging unit has a small vent to keep the phone cool. Seriously which car manufacturer must have thought of all these things.

Still dont know how to use the perfume diffuser though!
docahmer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:49   #4340
BHPian

Got the 1st service done for my GTK today at VST Central in Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. The process took around 2 and half hours. The service advisor suggested to get few coatings done. Though I felt the price was on the higher side, I got the under chasis anti-rust coating from 3M (with 5 years warranty) and rodent treatment done. Overall, the experience was satisfactory.
Old 7th December 2019, 21:30   #4341
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post

Still dont know how to use the perfume diffuser though!
Open the armrest and take out the cartridge for the perfume - it’s in the lid of the armrest. You need to remove at least 2 of the 4 bluish strips you see there. And then switch on the air purifier. There is a video on YouTube in case you get stuck :
ADB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 22:38   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
We have booked a GTX + DCT and will be getting a delivery in about 10 days . I read through Karans review and the thought of tyre change has been doing rounds in my head .

I was thinking of upgrading to p4ST but I wanted to understand if its a CUV specific or sedan/hatchback specific tyre .

We also have a creta at home which runs on the same good year tyres and I've never had a chance to complain about them . So am wondering if I should just chuck the idea of even swapping the tyres .
I did a P4ST upgrade and am very happy with the setup. Love the stability and handling
Old 7th December 2019, 22:53   #4343
Senior - BHPian

What makes the Seltos a badass SUV: Kia Motors explains in an official video

The video explains how bold of an SUV Seltos is. The Tiger nose grille, Full LED headlamps, sporty looking alloy wheels, sporty looking red inserts in the GT Line all add up to the boldness of the SUV. All these exterior elements make Seltos an aggressive looking SUV. Other thing that makes the Seltos a badass is the feature it offers. Seltos is the only SUV in the segment to offer features like inbuilt air purifier,

Read:
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 05:21   #4344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I did a P4ST upgrade and am very happy with the setup. Love the stability and handling
Would appreciate if you could let me know the exchange details. HOw much were the new P4ST and what was the buy back price for the GY Assuarance ?
Old 8th December 2019, 09:30   #4345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Would appreciate if you could let me know the exchange details. HOw much were the new P4ST and what was the buy back price for the GY Assuarance ?
The price can differ from state to state . I paid 29000 for 4 tyres after exchange. The new tyre full price is 12350 per tyre.
Old 8th December 2019, 09:51   #4346
BHPian

Guys i noticed something on my steering wheel and its worrying me. What to do? If I report, will they fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191208_095029.jpg  

momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 13:08   #4347
BHPian

While talking to the showroom people and trying to haggle for the price of HTX/HTX+ Diesel they offered to replace the rims+tyres with those on the HTK+ and give almost 35k off on the price. Overall its quite appealing to me, I would get more rubber wall and cheaper tyre changes but the tyre on HTK+ is of KUMHO SOLUS which I have no idea about compared to the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax on both HTX & HTX+.

Any suggestions/advise would be great.

Quote:
Guys i noticed something on my steering wheel and its worrying me. What to do? If I report, will they fix it?
Do you wear any rings?
Old 8th December 2019, 13:29   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
While talking to the showroom people and trying to haggle for the price of HTX/HTX+ Diesel they offered to replace the rims+tyres with those on the HTK+ and give almost 35k off on the price. Overall its quite appealing to me, I would get more rubber wall and cheaper tyre changes but the tyre on HTK+ is of KUMHO SOLUS which I have no idea about compared to the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax on both HTX & HTX+.

Any suggestions/advise would be great.

Do you wear any rings?
No. I do not wear rings or any hand accessories. Infact I don't even hold that area. This is a manufacturing defect. I'm just really disappointed.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 14:05   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
No. I do not wear rings or any hand accessories. Infact I don't even hold that area. This is a manufacturing defect. I'm just really disappointed.
These are minor niggles, and can happen with any new car. Suggest, you speak to the A.S.S and hopefully they will fix it to you satisfaction.

Also, did your car cleaner, cleaned the inside of your car recently?

Last edited by gutsy : 8th December 2019 at 14:25.
Old 8th December 2019, 14:24   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
These are minor niggles, and can happen with any new car. Suggest, you speak to the A.S.S and hopefully they will fix it to you satisfaction.

Also, did you car cleaner, cleaned the inside of your car recently?
Have instructed him to only clean the mats and the floor area. Not to touch the gizmos.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks