Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 15:27   #4201
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
hi fellow BHPians, I wanted to know if we could transfer the NCB certificate from old car ( sold) to the new one even if it is of a different class ? Has anyone in this forum done this transfer successfully ?

Yes, you can. More details on this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...emiums-77.html (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!)

I transferred my 50% NCB from my Figo to Ecosport and saved quite a bit.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 15:59   #4202
BHPian

Hi,

I had booked HTK+ on 2nd Oct. Was making calls to dealer every alternate day to check the status. Today in the morning had a chat with dealer and was told that there was no allotment and next allotment would not be before 01 Dec. Surprisingly after 30 mins got call from him that Red colour HTK+ is allotted to me. I was like "How is it possible man, in just 30 mins". I am planning to get paint protection done, since Red colour fades more than others (That is what I think). Someone who owns Red coloured please guide.

I am getting it financed. HDFC Car loan. The loan is in my wife's name, I am co-applicant. Loan guy told me that installments can be linked with my account. Wanted to know if I shall be able to apply for TCS reimbursement. If so, How please.

One more thing. I hail from Ambala but currently working in Jalandhar. Shall be back to Ambala in next 3-4 years. I want to get it Ambala registered. But loan verification was done here at Jalandhar address. Will it be possible for me to get it registered from Ambala. Sales guy says it is not possible. And will there be any issue if I keep Jalandhar registered car in Haryana. Especially at the time of resale.

Please excuse my ignorance and thanks in advance.
Old 26th November 2019, 16:46   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhejit View Post
Members, any guidance on finance from Kia? Sorry if this has been covered in the past, I have missed it. If anyone has taken it, how has the experience been?
My KIA dealer in Bangalore helped me to get a loan from Bank of Baroda. I got an interest rate of 8.6% based on my CIBIL score. My dealer had tie ups with few other banks as well like HDFC, SBI. I'm not sure if there is something called Kia Finance though, I wasn't given this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
As soon as I drove off I realised the fuel gauge was at its absolute lowest and began hunting for a fuel pump. If Kia can charge some Rs.24k odd for accessories, would it kill them to add fuel worth Rs.1000 when they deliver the car, just so that the customer is not inconvenienced. Also tyre pressure was at 45 psi presumably for transporting the car. I had to bring it down to 35. Its these little things a dealer can do for better customer satisfaction.
I had a similar experience when I took delivery of my GTK. The fuel tank was almost empty and I went to the nearest petrol pump. The tyre pressure was between 45-50psi. And the accessories are quite expensive too. For example, the normal carpet floor mats cost around Rs.1700, while similar official mats from Hyundai for my Verna cost only Rs.850.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 17:34   #4204
BHPian

What mat should I get for my Kia Seltos? They are so many options offered by Kia, which one will you all recommend?
Old 26th November 2019, 18:56   #4205
BHPian

What is the ground clearance of variants with 16 inch wheels. As per my calculation, it is about 21 mm lesser than 17 inch variants.
Any confirmation regarding the same ?

When Kia advertises 190 mm of GC for Seltos, I think it is for variants with 17 inch wheels.
In that case, 16 inch variants are having only 170mm GC which is very less IMO.
Old 26th November 2019, 20:19   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
What is the ground clearance of variants with 16 inch wheels. As per my calculation, it is about 21 mm lesser than 17 inch variants.
Any confirmation regarding the same ?
In Kia website specs section, it says Overall Height is 1645mm (17"tyre with roof rack). It means the 16" should definitely be less. Even if you check the specs of HTE, HTK and HTK+. It displays for 17" only.

It really is point of concern for all those who bought HTK+ and below, unfortunately I am one of those.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:01   #4207
BHPian

I was just doing some calculations on the tyre size.

16" tyre size is 205/65 R16 and that of 17" is 215/60 R17. I did the upsize calculations avalable on tyrestore.in and it says the difference in circumference will be 53.09mm. So on calculating radius (With our 5th grade maths formula C=2*pi*R) it comes to around 8.44mm. Means the actual difference in GC should be less than 10 mm.

I have no idea about tyre size calculations. I just did these based on tyre upsizing calculations, someone did in this thread only. Experts please throw some light.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:17   #4208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
So on calculating radius (With our 5th grade maths formula C=2*pi*R) it comes to around 8.44mm. Means the actual difference in GC should be less than 10 mm.
I arrived at the same number which means the lower variants should have a GC of 181mm compared to the 190mm of the variants with R17 wheels. From my personal experience, after having driven through some really bad roads on my HTK+, I managed to scrape the air deflector below the front bumper twice but nothing else scraped (details on my ownership thread). With this experience, I am not concerned about the GC of the Seltos.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:55   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I arrived at the same number which means the lower variants should have a GC of 181mm compared to the 190mm of the variants with R17 wheels. From my personal experience, after having driven through some really bad roads on my HTK+, I managed to scrape the air deflector below the front bumper twice but nothing else scraped (details on my ownership thread). With this experience, I am not concerned about the GC of the Seltos.
Actually I got wrong value because I mistakenly considered R17 having 17 inch radius .. when actually it is 17 inch diameter

modified calculations are:
One set is with tyres 215/60 R17 which translates to total tyre+wheel radius = 215*0.6+17/2*25.4 = 344.9 mm
Other set is with tyres 205/65 R16 which translates to total tyre+wheel radius = 205*0.65+16/2*25.4 = 336.45 mm

So the ground clearance difference due to two set of tyres is going to be '8.45 mm'

Last edited by SahilS : 26th November 2019 at 23:07. Reason: modified calculation
SahilS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 23:48   #4210

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
What mat should I get for my Kia Seltos? They are so many options offered by Kia, which one will you all recommend?
If you go with the normal 3D mat the fabric of which looks like a woolen material, make sure you laminate the floor. You don't have to laminate the floor if you go with the 7D mat as it conceals the frequented spaces pretty nicely. However, you need to have a vacuum cleaner for your car as loose and light dirts will always make way to the floor.

Here's the images of the 7D mats in my car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191126_234627.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191126_234608.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191126_234431.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191126_234535.jpg  

seasoned_rubber is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 00:49   #4211
Senior - BHPian

@Mods - it's been a while, any clues as to when are we posting out TD report? Not looking for an exact answer as I know there is a lot of work involved but are we talking about 1 week, 1 month or 3 months?😊
Old 27th November 2019, 07:04   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hello folks, 3 questions for you good folk.

The second question is the seat covers, I hate beige, one trip with my kid and his friends = bye bye seat. However with it being ventilated and cooled and all, i figure there is no after market installation that will save it.
My HTX+ D has crossed 3000km and is nearing 4 weeks. Two kids, youngest being 4+. Seats are actually not getting dirty as much as I feared. In fact only dirt I see is mild black marks - could be from their duppatta/t-shirt or even from service center; on the backrest. Just a gentle dab with very diluted vinegar cleans it in no time. What I am more worried is the slipper marks on seat backs or on glovebox cover - younger one is under strict instruction to remove shoes once he enters the car That solved it nicely.

Sun film - I don't think you need it. I drive a lot on highways and was worried about this. But with rear window shades up, it is actually quite cool inside the cabin. UV cut glass seems to be working well - I don't feel the heat inside even if the sunlight has been beating up the skin for 2 hours non-stop. I attached standard window guard accessory and that also blocks sunlight a lot.

Many happy miles with your car!
Old 27th November 2019, 07:45   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoned_rubber View Post
If you go with the normal 3D mat the fabric of which looks like a woolen material, make sure you laminate the floor. You don't have to laminate the floor if you go with the 7D mat as it conceals the frequented spaces pretty nicely. However, you need to have a vacuum cleaner for your car as loose and light dirts will always make way to the floor.

Here's the images of the 7D mats in my car.
Can't they be unlocked and washed like rubber mats? I see dirt settle into those creeks.
Old 27th November 2019, 09:47   #4214

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Can't they be unlocked and washed like rubber mats? I see dirt settle into those creeks.
Yes, they can be separated out and washed. I shared the crude picture with you having dirts to have a good idea how it works.
Old 27th November 2019, 11:13   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
My HTX+ D has crossed 3000km and is nearing 4 weeks. Two kids, youngest being 4+. younger one is under strict instruction to remove shoes once he enters the car That solved it nicely.
My HTX+ AT has also recently crossed 3000km, and we are also a household with 2 kids, albeit the older one being 3.5yrs, and there is no chance in hell that they will agree to have the no shoes rule!

I would be very happy if they can even comply with no shoes on the seat rule!
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks