Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 19:30   #4111
ADB
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
First check the version you have in the car by going to system info. If it is xx.17..., then it is the latest working version. It's possible to do the factory reset yourself but re-do the whole configuration again in the car and on mobile(including uninstalling and reinstalling UVO in your mobile, adding car).
My service center guy sent me a video to follow (not the factory reset one). I followed it but the last step was missing. Though UVO is working now. As for the version number, it’s very different than yours. Any idea if mine is the newer one or older? Attaching a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-e5f098d0dfb046c7b3366f6d9488d56a.jpeg  

Old 20th November 2019, 19:32   #4112
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
I have personally experienced this yesterday evening(have taken delivery on 9th Nov and have been observing). Just to observe the transmission temperature, I had kept the transmission info view in MID. I have adapted the recommended DCT driving practice but in bumper to bumper traffic, it becomes tricky when vehicles crawl. You have to keep moving slowly. Yesterday the transmission temperature reached orange colour but just 3 levels below red(temperature at the 2 horizontal markings).
Just a check - hope you were driving in normal mode and eco. As I haven’t seen orange even once in normal mode.
Old 20th November 2019, 19:54   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. I have 2 questions
(a) Does the Turbo engine require more maintenance/more careful driving compared to normal engine?
(b) It looks like Turbo engine is slightly low on fuel efficiency compared to normal engine.

Most of my driving is in City traffic with a couple of long distance drives in a year.

Does it still make sense to g for GTK? I appreciate your guidance.
Yes turbo engine has to be pampered more than the normal engine. Yes fuel efficiency is slightly on the lower side than the normal petrol engine but not more than 2kmpl.

If you are an enthusiastic driver you will love the turbocharged engine in the city and on the highways. I was too struggling with the same options to choose from. Finally settled for HTX IVT by actually shelling out more as my city driving is more and b2b traffic can be covered with ease.
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 20:26   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
3500 Kms update on my 47 days old HTK plus petrol MT.
6000 Kms update on my 75 days old Seltos, HTK plus Manual transmission petrol.

With my recent trip of Bangalore - Annavaram (Vizag) - Bangalore, 3 days 1847 kms with 4 passengers on board including me, car is smooth, excellent NVH levels, smooth engine & tranmission, holds the speeds well, no complaints on the comfort level from any of the passengers even on almost 600 to 700 kms per day drive for 3 days.

Fuel efficiency varied between 16 to 17kmpl Tankful to tankful method, this included 95% highway and approx 2 hrs idle time.

Again, special mention about the balanced suspension setup where the car just glided on potholes without any drama, shocks from bad roads were well contained & didnt pass them to the cabin, there were few potholes appeared from no where & didn't get a chance to brake but car forgave the mistake & handled amazingly, car handled well in heavy rains too, saw few cars & trucks parked due to low visibility during these heavy rains.

I have seen some complaining on light steering, for me its a perfect balanced setup for highway as well as city use, not too light, not too tight.

I expected discomfort on left leg but there was none, probably 70% of the drive was covered through cruise control, thanks to the super smooth clutch, cannot say the same with the other diesel seltos which we have.

No issues with Infotainment system whatsoever, android auto worked seamlessly, I feel I am pretty much settled in this car.

Here are some pics from the drive.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_164134.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191116_10492501.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_08221601.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191117_15102601.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_07584901.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_08113101.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_08123001.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191118_08213601.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191116_10533201.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191116_10491002.jpeg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191115_17113001.jpg
Yes, Seltos is parked near the beach
Don Dasco is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:08   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
6000 Kms update on my 75 days old Seltos, HTK plus Manual transmission petrol.

Fuel efficiency varied between 16 to 17kmpl Tankful to tankful method, this included 95% highway and approx 2 hrs idle time.

cannot say the same with the other diesel seltos which we have.
That's very good FE numbers for a Petrol vehicle in this segment.

Could you please elaborate on the diesel Seltos clutch action? During the test drive I found the diesel clutch to be very light. KIA also mentioned that they have incorporated a special clutch effort reduction pack specifically for India.

By the way, i believe probably you are the only proud owner of two seltos (Petrol and Diesel) in the country (more so considering the astronomical waiting period)
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:19   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Terrible experience with Seltos 1.5 Petrol - Manual.

Nothing concrete was given as the root cause of the issue though the technical team (thanks for their support) will scan the car this week in Delhi/Noida to get more details.
I am 100% sure this is the case of Radiator pressure cap issue & they might have replaced the same, there are few cars with faulty caps, appreciate if you can ask this to the SA & confirm for the benefit of fellow BHP'ians, Thanks!
Don Dasco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:41   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
That's very good FE numbers for a Petrol vehicle in this segment.

I have got much better FE 19.6 kmpl tankful to tankful, below is the link to the post.

Quote:
3500 Kms update on my 47 days old HTK plus petrol MT.

My last highway run was bit dramatic with astonishing fuel efficiency figures., MID displayed 21.9 kmpl which was just unbelievable, initially I was surprised and slowly started to think maybe there's something wrong, immediately refueled till auto cutoff to check tankful to tankful and calculation resulted in 19.6kmpl.

With mixed emotions finished my drive and refueled again to check & got 19.1 kmpl, managed speeds around 100 & occasional *beeps* speed, but no sudden acceleration or braking as usual, used cruise control for almost 80% of the drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Could you please elaborate on the diesel Seltos clutch action? During the test drive I found the diesel clutch to be very light. KIA also mentioned that they have incorporated a special clutch effort reduction pack specifically for India.
My first test drive was HTX+ Diesel & I was happy with the smooth clutch but the petrol clutch is way smoother & travel is less compared to diesel, maybe few mm less but that matters a lot on daily usage, when I drive petrol & diesel back to back there a huge difference in the feel, my friends & family agrees with me on this, I was not a big fan of MT but this petrol's MT variant changed my perception.

Just for the benefit of doubt to check whether the diesel's hard clutch issue is isolated to this car or not, I'll take another test drive of showroom's diesel car & update this thread.

here is my initial observations of the diesel variant.

Quote:
We bought another HTK+ but this time Diesel variant, manual transmission, Gravity gray color.
[*]Clutch is long and heavy, cumbersome for city drive, got a mild knee discomfort after 25kms of city drive, didn't face this in petrol variant even after 100 kms of city drive.[*]Gear shifting was not smooth like the petrol's one, different gear box?[/list]
Don Dasco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 22:33   #4118
BHPian

If Kia increase prices to the tune of 50k without delivering cars to a significant number of people who have deposited their 25000 Rs as booking amount with them from July onwards, i would say it is quite a travesty. It is the company who failed to deliver the cars. So on top of holding the deposit money for so long, Kia asks for a premium too, from the very people who invested in them from beginning. Well, we the people and our plight - manufacturer, government all takes more than a pound of flesh, at will.
anoop cheeran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:31   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
If Kia increase prices to the tune of 50k without delivering cars to a significant number of people who have deposited their 25000 Rs as booking amount with them from July onwards, i would say it is quite a travesty. It is the company who failed to deliver the cars. So on top of holding the deposit money for so long, Kia asks for a premium too, from the very people who invested in them from beginning. Well, we the people and our plight - manufacturer, government all takes more than a pound of flesh, at will.
Don't worry bro. If they do so, they may face own fate sooner or later. New Creta is not far away, Kia will not take such a risk of drastic price increase or jeopardize PR by increasing prices for earlier bookings as well.
gupta_chd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:10   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
My service center guy sent me a video to follow (not the factory reset one). I followed it but the last step was missing. Though UVO is working now. As for the version number, it’s very different than yours. Any idea if mine is the newer one or older? Attaching a screenshot.
Mine is the same one. As I said, it's xxx.17.xxxx . My feeling is that there are still some bugs in the Uvo and it also depends on the manner in which you install and configure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I can see the Update button active on this screen which isn't the case for me(mine is grayed out). Are you able to use the update button?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st November 2019 at 14:10. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:14   #4121
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the same one. As I said, it's xxx.17.xxxx . My feeling is that there are still some bugs in the Uvo and it also depends on the manner in which you install and configure.
Completely agree. Mine has stopped working again today. Called up the service centre guy and he is sending someone over. Will try and record the procedure for everyone’s benefit.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:17   #4122
BHPian

I met a tyre dealer (in Kochi) and spoke to him about upgrading GTX+ tyres. They recommend 235 55 17. In terms of cost, after exchanging existing tyres the cost for the new upsized Conti tyres would be 34,000.

Also, what would be the mileage difference? I know it will drop but any real experiences would help.

Also spoke to them about the loss of warranty and he mentioned there is nothing like it. It's either the lack of knowledge of the service advisor or executive. And they only encourage when things are bought either at the dealership or through them. He quoted a simple logic. First of all 235 is in the permissible limit as per the norm. So that can be taken legally if required. Secondly, the lower models of Seltos come with 16", and can't they upgrade it to 17" since it is a standard fitment in the top version. So will the lower variant owners lose out on the warranty? Valid point.
Tjv777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:32   #4123
BHPian

Kia Seltos AWD showcased at LA Auto show

Kia Seltos X-Line Trail Attack and Urban Concept unveiled

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110351_chrome.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110736_twitter.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110104_chrome.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110122_chrome.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110146_chrome.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191121110418_chrome.jpg

The Seltos X-line Trail Attack concept (pictured) sits on a custom suspension setup that gives it a 2-inch lift and around 235mm of ground clearance. The concept is based on Seltos AWD and is also shod with a center differential lock. Additionally, it gets 17-inch custom alloy wheels, a winch at the back, a custom roof rack, and additional Hella auxiliary lights on the front bumper and on the roof.

The Seltos X-Line Urban concept gets 17-inch wheels with gold finish, a similar 2-inch lift with AWD, lesser number of auxiliary lights, a hood scoop and a roof rack. It however gets the same interior as the production spec SUV.

Source 1
Source 2

Last edited by JS Kwt : 21st November 2019 at 10:42.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 11:03   #4124
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
I met a tyre dealer (in Kochi) and spoke to him about upgrading GTX+ tyres. They recommend 235 55 17. In terms of cost, after exchanging existing tyres the cost for the new upsized Conti tyres would be 34,000.

Also, what would be the mileage difference? I know it will drop but any real experiences would help.
235 size tyre is an overkill for a vehicle with 1.4 l engine. Vehicle will slow down considerably and effect of turbo lag will be felt more. I feel that 215 section tyre is more than adequate for Seltos.
anb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 11:33   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
235 size tyre is an overkill for a vehicle with 1.4 l engine. Vehicle will slow down considerably and effect of turbo lag will be felt more. I feel that 215 section tyre is more than adequate for Seltos.
Yes, it will also make the steering heavier. I think 225/60R17 (having a diameter difference of 1.4% with the stock tyres) will be the best bet without sacrificing the GC, in case you feel the car needs better grip and handling. Experts can clarify if this tyre size can cause any long term damage to the car or void the warranty.
carenthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks