Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 20:06   #4036
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

That's very right Rajeev. The interiors are a class apart. The doors are heavy. It's got that thud when you close it. The seats are plush. You can see the whole world left centre right with the 360 cam. It is the features that make Seltos the King of the Segment.
Tjv777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 20:42   #4037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjv777 View Post
You can see the whole world left centre right with the 360 cam.
Hi, is the 360 cam available anytime at the touch of a button or only during reversing?

Regards
Nikhil
Old 16th November 2019, 20:49   #4038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, is the 360 cam available anytime at the touch of a button or only during reversing?

Regards
Nikhil
Yes, you can activate the 360 degree Camera with the touch of a button anytime.

But when the vehicle is moving above a certain speed, only the back camera will be activated and you can see through it. For the 360 degree image to work, the speed of the vehicle should be very low(not sure how much though)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th November 2019 at 04:50. Reason: Typos
aswinpattath is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th November 2019, 20:58   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
IMO a big manufacturer like KIA is not supposed to have such problems affecting their products in the first place. They are supposed to be a mature global player and that is why people lapped up their product on launch. Yes they will resolve problems after taking necessary feedback from customers but what happens to the poor first time owners who have to face these unnecessary ordeal. Did they pay upwards of 15 big ones for these experiences ?
Are you implying that Kia has delivered a half baked product
Old 16th November 2019, 21:30   #4040
BHPian

Guys I feel the audio output on my GTX+ DCT is complete crap. Tried to play with equaliser but no use.

Audiophiles, what can be the issue? Is the power output from the Hu? But then you have the amp or is it the Bose speakers? I am thinking of an after market solution with probably Anwar of Top Gear, but Any suggestions generally?
Old 16th November 2019, 21:51   #4041
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Guys I feel the audio output on my GTX+ DCT is complete crap. Tried to play with equaliser but no use.

Audiophiles, what can be the issue? Is the power output from the Hu? But then you have the amp or is it the Bose speakers? I am thinking of an after market solution with probably Anwar of Top Gear, but Any suggestions generally?
The sound is not bass heavy but more balanced with superb sound stage. So it will sound different than an infinity or JBL which are more bass heavy. But better than the Cantons in Skoda L&K. Sounds like a typical Bose sound dock (I have a couple at home). The sound gets better over time (a month for me) once the speakers open up. I have realised the quality of input matters. Apple Music, android are poor. I have a premium Spotify account and di.fm and play 320 bit rate and the sound is superb. As for the settings, after much playing around, following is the optimum:
- Bass +5
- mid +2
- treble +3
- Fade : center aligned

Turn Bose speed compensation on.
ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 22:32   #4042
BHPian

Folks, it's been a week since I took delivery of my car and still unable to Activate UVO connect, it gives the same standard message of contacting customer service. Has KIA not fixed their UVO issues yet? Looking forward for your feedbacks.
Old 16th November 2019, 22:36   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Are you implying that Kia has delivered a half baked product
Yes from my side. Not only, Kia, but any new car is also a half-baked one unless tested properly. We have seen many examples in the past and it is the attitude of the manufacturers when they put in something to the Indian Market.

Heard from this thread that the Seltos is extensively tested for the Indian conditions but I have never seen a scoop of Kia's test mule in the Himalayas or the Thar(Correct me if I'm wrong). And I was surprised by the coolant leak issue of one of the owners here. The problem with the UVO is not a big deal unless it affects the mobility of a vehicle from my view.

Anything that affects mobility is a big issue. I think that Tata has learned a little from the Harrier and one can see the extensive tests on the Altroz.
Hope Kia sorts everything out once they become a little free. Will wait for the CSUV from Kia.

Thanks!
Jagann13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 00:11   #4044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
The sound is not bass heavy but more balanced with superb sound stage.

I was also quite upset that the Bose system was not up to the standard. But playing with the settings helped me settle with what I wanted to hear. The settings are more or less the same as the one above.

- Bass +4
- mid +1
- Treble +4
-Fade: -4 (this made a huge difference and this might work for you)

Last edited by ampere : 17th November 2019 at 00:34.
tauk2mi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:02   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
KIA Safety Includes :
1. Nil Depreciation (including consumables)
2. Engine & Gear Box Protect,
3. Tyre Cover,
4. Key Loss
5. Loss of Personal Belongings.
KIA SAFETY Advantages
1.Pan India Cashless at all KIA Authorised Workshops
2.No Salvage Deduction
3.Maximum TAT for Survey is 04 hours
4.Claims settlement through Video Streaming
5.Hassle Free Claims Settlement

EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
1.Standard Pricing for all Program Insurers
2.Rodent Bite Cover part of the policy at No Extra Premium
3.Unlimited Nil Dep Claims Covered
4.No Pre-inspection Charges
5.Dedicated Toll Free Number exclusively for Kia Car Owners
Thanks for the details. I compared the ones available in Coverfox and I missed some of the benefits provided by dealer there. Also, my recent interaction for getting an NCB reserving letter from my previous car insurance company is an horrible experience. I am still waiting for that damn letter and been following up from past 2 weeks. These experiences has made me decide to go ahead with the ones offered by dealer (I know, it's expensive )

Dealer is charging 62K excluding RTI and 2K more with RTI. Folks, who have bought insurance from KIA dealers. Can you please confirm is it the same case with you as well? I don't understand, having mentioned this in the coverage. Why they are charging separately for RTI and not included this along in price list. No clarity
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-insurance-coverage.jpeg  

Old 17th November 2019, 01:08   #4046
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauk2mi View Post
I was also quite upset that the Bose system was not up to the standard. But playing with the settings helped me settle with what I wanted to hear. The settings are more or less the same as the one above.

- Bass +4
- mid +1
- Treble +4
-Fade: -4 (this made a huge difference and this might work for you)
When you say fade -4, does it mean you shifted it more to the rear?
Old 17th November 2019, 05:40   #4047

Quote:
When you say fade -4, does it mean you shifted it more to the rear?
Yes. It was all about balancing the sound in Seltos and moving the slider to the rear (4 points) made a huge difference.
tauk2mi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 06:55   #4048
BHPian

HOW TO DRIVE A DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION. I’m sure the below link would help most of the Seltos DCT owners..

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...-transmissions
Tjv777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 07:40   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
The sound is not bass heavy but more balanced with superb sound stage. So it will sound different than an infinity or JBL which are more bass heavy. But better than the Cantons in Skoda L&K. Sounds like a typical Bose sound dock (I have a couple at home). The sound gets better over time (a month for me) once the speakers open up. I have realised the quality of input matters. Apple Music, android are poor. I have a premium Spotify account and di.fm and play 320 bit rate and the sound is superb. As for the settings, after much playing around, following is the optimum:
- Bass +5
- mid +2
- treble +3
- Fade : center aligned

Turn Bose speed compensation on.
Thanks! I'm definitely not talking just about bass. Overall it is not really the wow types I get in say a Compass or Harrier. Just understanding what is it I want to have a look at for my liking, is it the amp or the speakers?
Old 17th November 2019, 09:59   #4050
BHPian

Could experts advice on cons on 1.4 TP? Long term reliability and maintenance? I'm confused with GTk or HTk+. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks