Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 20:59   #4081
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

I had an opportunity to drive both the DCT and manual version of the 1.4 GDI Seltos, and below are my observations from those drives:

1) In 'Normal' mode, I felt the engine and DCT transmission makes for a smooth driving experience and is best suited for city driving IMO.

2) This car turns into a monster the moment you slot it into 'Sport' mode as the gearbox becomes very aggressive, steering gets heavy and engine gets more responsive.

3) Though the engine + DCT gearbox combo is not as smooth as the GT TSI, the power delivery is very linear is similar to the GT TSI. I seriously didn't feel any kind of turbolag from this engine.

4) I felt the clutch on the manual transmission is not as friendly as my dad's Vento, which resulted in me stalling the engine twice. So, I had to give more power than I used do with the Vento while releasing the clutch to prevent stalling.

5) Front armrest is not adjustable for the trims that has air purifying system, and that definitely will be an issue for shorter folks. I am 5' 11, and I had to push my seat a little back than my usual driving position to comfortably rest my elbow on the armrest.

6) Suspension seems to be spot on for me. Comfortable enough for small potholes and undulations, and sporty enough to handle corners at high speeds.

7) I felt the doors to be very flimsy. Even Venue's doors seems to be more heavy and tougher build than the ones on Seltos IMO.

8) A fair amount of the bonnet is visible even in the lowest seat settings(with my height). This definitely makes folks like me feel like sitting inside a big SUV.

I see many BHPians worried about DCT heating issues in Seltos, which I think shouldn't be a cause of concern for otherwise such a fantastic driving car. Take the 5 year warranty package + adopt some driving changes, and you should be good.

Even I have faced such heating issues thrice in my Stingray's AMT transmission while creeping in b2b traffic. Thats when I started to put the transmission to neutral whenever I come to a halt and guess what, no more heating issues since then. Though such constant acceleration and braking in b2b traffic causes jerky ride, it does gives a peace of mind from not over stressing the gearbox.
carenthusiast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 10:18   #4082
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Mine has started to work again as well. Thanks
My UVO stopped working today. Is yours working? Any idea if there is an update available at the device centre or I should just reset again?
Old 20th November 2019, 10:56   #4083
BHPian

Waiting Period for Nov 2019. My SA from the Perungudi, Chennai dealership sent me this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-waiting-period-seltos-nov-19.jpg  

Shivaji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 11:14   #4084
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing a lot of brand new Kia's with rear tyres punctured hanging around tyre shops waiting to be replaced. Is there any larger story behind it.
Old 20th November 2019, 12:47   #4085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
Waiting Period for Nov 2019. My SA from the Perungudi, Chennai dealership sent me this.
Is this waiting period for across India or specific to Chennai. My friend is in dilemma whether to go for Hector or Seltos. His real concern is waiting period and he wants car to be delivered within 2 months. The waiting period for Hector Sharp DCT is upward 4 months and Seltos dealer not confirming the waiting period.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:02   #4086
BHPian

Just wish to share my experience with Uvo connect: had trouble with the service as nothing seemed to work even with the latest version installed(xxx.17). Finally, the dealership knew a bypass and did a factory reset. Strange procedure of reducing volume multiple times and touching settings button. After 3 iterations, a passcode window popped up. There was a factory reset passcode that was entered(2400 I guess) which erased all settings. Again, reconfigured UVO on car and mobile app. After that, it started working. I had called the UVO call centre on the previous day who had advised to install a higher version(xx.18). Later, dealership told that this version is worse than the previous version and has been removed now from their site. The KIA trainer was present at dealership and did all this configuration.

The trainer mentioned that the UVO server seems to have too much load and that some upgrade activity was ongoing. Also, if not needed, he mentioned that we shouldn't use all functions that consume bandwidth(one shark fin antena is used for Nav, Uvo, radio etc). I find this strange.
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 13:46   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Is this waiting period for across India or specific to Chennai. My friend is in dilemma whether to go for Hector or Seltos. His real concern is waiting period and he wants car to be delivered within 2 months. The waiting period for Hector Sharp DCT is upward 4 months and Seltos dealer not confirming the waiting period.
The waiting period varies from city to city. See these figures published in CarDekho magazine:
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Seltos Waiting Period Various Cities.xlsx (9.8 KB, 360 views)
Old 20th November 2019, 13:47   #4088
BHPian

Can anyone with a bit of finance/tax knowledge, shed some light on a query that I have. If we look at the invoice that we get from the dealer for a car ( in this case, KIA Seltos ), we see an entry for TCS @ 1% of the ex-showroom price.

Now as per the tax rules, this tax is collected by the seller ( KIA/Dealer) of the product. The buyer ( Myself) has to pay TCS along with the cost of car. Now, if I am correct, this TCS given by me should be credited against my PAN and therefore adds upto my tax payment. This is also a type of advance tax that I have paid, which can be adjusted later when we file returns. this amount should reflect in the form 26AS provided the seller has filled their TCS returns.

So if there is an excess of tax paid, then should this come in as a refund from the Income Tax dept ? I might be wrong in what I have said here. If yes/no please help in clarifying this.

If we take an example of HTX 1.5 D MT, the ex-showroom price is INR 13,79,000 as of today. So the TCS collected ( 1%) would be INR 13,790. So should I expect a refund after filing this year's returns ?

Last edited by anzrulz555 : 20th November 2019 at 13:50.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:48   #4089
BHPian

Also note that the waiting period indicated in the Excel file varies from variant to variant.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:56   #4090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Now as per the tax rules, this tax is collected by the seller ( KIA/Dealer) of the product. The buyer ( Myself) has to pay TCS along with the cost of car. Now, if I am correct, this TCS given by me should be credited against my PAN and therefore adds upto my tax payment. This is also a type of advance tax that I have paid, which can be adjusted later when we file returns. this amount should reflect in the form 26AS provided the seller has filled their TCS returns.

So if there is an excess of tax paid, then should this come in as a refund from the Income Tax dept ? I might be wrong in what I have said here. If yes/no please help in clarifying this.
Yes the TCS amount is deposited against your PAN as an advance tax. While filing your return, this will adjusted against your total tax payable and the refund, if any, can be claimed.

In the FB Seltos owners' group, someone claimed hearing from the dealer that KIA would hike prices from Jan onwards. Has anyone heard similar news?

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th November 2019 at 13:59.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 14:18   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes the TCS amount is deposited against your PAN as an advance tax. While filing your return, this will adjusted against your total tax payable and the refund, if any, can be claimed.

In the FB Seltos owners' group, someone claimed hearing from the dealer that KIA would hike prices from Jan onwards. Has anyone heard similar news?

thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I was in the showroom today, and they did mention that the price is going to be hiked from January to the tune of 50k.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 14:32   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post

Yes, I was in the showroom today, and they did mention that the price is going to be hiked from January to the tune of 50k.

What is the reason for the hike in price?
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 14:46   #4093
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Just wish to share my experience with Uvo connect: had trouble with the service as nothing seemed to work even with the latest version installed(xxx.17). Finally, the dealership knew a bypass and did a factory reset. Strange procedure of reducing volume multiple times and touching settings button. After 3 iterations, a passcode window popped up. There was a factory reset passcode that was entered(2400 I guess) which erased all settings. Again, reconfigured UVO on car and mobile app. After that, it started working. I had called the UVO call centre on the previous day who had advised to install a higher version(xx.18). Later, dealership told that this version is worse than the previous version and has been removed now from their site.
When did you do this factory reset and when did you go to the service centre? Reason I ask is that I had reset my system on the 13th. It was working fine up until today, when the same issue cropped up. So I’m wondering if I should do another reset (takes time to redo the settings) or just go get the update.
Old 20th November 2019, 15:02   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Also, if not needed, he mentioned that we shouldn't use all functions that consume bandwidth(one shark fin antena is used for Nav, Uvo, radio etc). I find this strange.
That sounds like BS from the service advisor or Kia expert. FM/AM radio use the shark fin antenna at completely different frequencies & UVO or Nav use the Vodafone 4G network thru the embedded SIM (via the shark fin antenna?)
at completely different frequencies. Since the shark fin antenna is just copper wire wound for better radio reception, I feel this reasoning may be incorrect.

Also, seeing the UVO not working posts, looks like the fault lies with the UVO servers rather than the Vodafone 4G network or the shark fin antenna. If TBHP members know better, I'm happy to be corrected

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 15:03   #4095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
thanks for the clarification.

This expected price hike from January onwards, will this apply only to new bookings from Jan onwards or will it apply to those who booked earlier in 2019 itself.

I am asking because I had booked mine on 11 Oct and the delivery is expected in early 2020. So will I be governed by the old 2019 price or the new 2020 price?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks