Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2019, 14:43   #4171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post

Service information reflected in the KIA app immediately after billing.

Attachment 1937754
Which mobile app are you using for this?
nitinhegde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 15:46   #4172
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitu_vsk View Post
Hi,

This is the Automotive Kia showroom at Nagole, Hyderabad. The manager suggested me to try the GTK variant which is a bit above the HTX price and it can be delivered much earlier. I'm think if this a a push from Kia to go for the GT variants. Just wanted to check if the situation is the same everywhere or if anyone else got this variant delivered elsewhere.

Thanks!
Same here. I too booked HTX Petrol MT with Automotive Kia, Jubilee Hills. My SA called me to inquire if I would be interested in taking White/Silver GTK. I was hesitant and wanted to wait for a couple more weeks. Initially they promised to get me the HTX by end of December.

AutoCar India magazine mentions that 50% of Seltos manufactured are GT variant, 30% 1.5L Diesel and the rest are 1.5L Petrol. So, Kia is manufacturing fewer Petrol HT variants and pushing customers to go for GT variants.
Trident is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 19:56   #4173
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Which mobile app are you using for this?

You can see this by using the Kia link app. While registering on your app, just punch in the VIN and your details will auto load. Make sure to use the mobile number registered and punch in the email address in uppercase (shows a random error if you use smaller alphabets). Once you have registered and signed in, you can see all the service related details.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cab0d3c6cd504636885fb3a9f83312b8.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-608c095d3add486e99cb279dd090c820.jpeg  

Last edited by ADB : 24th November 2019 at 20:00.
ADB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 20:37   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Wanted to know on insurance options and how do we take advantage of No Claim Bonus. I haven't had any insurance claims in last 8 years. Also, do Kia dealers allow outside insurance?
I purchased insurance from outside for my GTK - most dealers allow it. I too had a 50% NCB. Since I hadn't sold my old car yet when I bought the GTK, I have paid full insurance premium and plan to ask for a refund once I have the delivery note, Form 29 and 30 for my old car with me. I had followed this procedure during my previous car purchase as well and was able to get a prorated refund from the new insurance company once I got the NCB transfer letter from the old company. Hoping it works this time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitu_vsk View Post
Hi,

The manager suggested me to try the GTK variant which is a bit above the HTX price and it can be delivered much earlier. I'm think if this a a push from Kia to go for the GT variants. Just wanted to check if the situation is the same everywhere or if anyone else got this variant delivered elsewhere.

Thanks!
I changed my booking from HTX petrol MT to GTK and the GTK was delivered in ~2 weeks once I changed the booking. This wasn't due to push from my dealer though. I found the GTK more pleasurable to drive when compared to HT petrol. HTX has a much greater waiting period when compared to GTK as per the official waiting period list displayed in Kia showrooms too.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 21:25   #4175

I booked my Kia 1.4GTX+ 7DCT on the 3rd of November and I got a call saying I can take the delivery on 29th Nov. Excited. Of course it took a few calls to the sales executive. Haven't paid anything extra nor used any influence to get the car early.
Old 24th November 2019, 22:41   #4176

I have a few questions for the BHPians. In the Kia Seltos DCT

1. Is it okay to crawl (lift foot off the brake and not press the accelerator pedal) in bumper to bumper traffic? (crawl speed about 7kmph)

2. Should you put the car in neutral always when you are not moving in traffic? or could you just depress the brake pedal completely .

(I asked the sales incharge in Kia showroom about the heating issue in DCT, his response was that you should put the car in neutral to avoid the heating issue in bumper to bumper traffic.)
docahmer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 22:49   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
There was a discussion on this in the initial pages of this thread, this was probably done to cut costs, and to distinguish it from the interiors of a few rivals, who have a similar setup.
I get the cost part. The attempt at distinguishing the Seltos does not add up IMO.
They could have gone with a similar design for all the foreign spec cars as well to distinguish the car in those countries as well, especially given that the Indian spec is the closest to the SP concept sketches.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 01:57   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
1. Is it okay to crawl (lift foot off the brake and not press the accelerator pedal) in bumper to bumper traffic? (crawl speed about 7kmph)
Frequent usage of creep function will definitely increase the transmission temperature due to the heat from friction on the clutch, and might cause it to wear out sooner. In crawling traffic, I think you should press the brake pedal completely when coming to a halt, and as the traffic starts to move, press accelerator as gently as you can. Since this will cause the ride to be slightly jerky, it might need some time getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
2. Should you put the car in neutral always when you are not moving in traffic? or could you just depress the brake pedal completely .
Yes, depressing the clutch would suffice. Manufacturers enable their transmission systems to disengage both clutchs on sensing certain amount of brake pressure in drive mode. I would still recommend that you slot the gear to neutral and press the brake completely in traffic stops for complete peace of mind .

During the initial usage of my AMT transmission, I used to get frequent transaxle warning light after crawling in B2B traffic. The above 2 points seems to have rectified it completely.

Whatever be your driving style, thumb rule is to keep an eye on the transmission temperature while driving in B2B traffic or climbing hilly terrain. If it heats up, stop the car for 5-10 minutes for it to cool down, and you are good.
carenthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 14:47   #4179
BHPian

after experiencing my GTX Seltos for 3 weeks, I have a feeling that the suspension/ride is not upto the mark. Potholes, bad roads are getting felt badly everytime I pass over them(irrespective of speed). Tyre pressure is maintained at 35. Tyres are stock Goodyear. Is something wrong?
nitinhegde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:19   #4180
Distinguished - BHPian

After covering 2000 kms, I have identified the following issues in my 1.5D MT Seltos. Since I haven't faced any issue till now, I have decided to observe it some more time before I raise a complaint for it. Has anyone else observed similar issue in the diesel Seltos? Could it be the, now famous, BS4 diesel issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Issues faced so far:

1. I can hear a mild ringing sound when I accelerate the car. I can't remember hearing it earlier.

2. Very mild jerks can be felt when driving a specific RPM (as if engine is missing a beat) and goes away when I change the RPM. I observed it around 1400 RPM and 1900 RPM on three different occasions. I haven't faced any other issue so far - FE is good, performance is normal and no tell-tale lights on the cluster.

I plan to observe it some more time before I escalate. Anyone else who has faced this issue and throw some light?
I was looking at the Australia and US spec Seltos. I didn't go into the numbers and details but could identify the following differences from the India-spec car.

Australia: The interior layout is different, the bonnet is different (it is shorter in length and ends before the front grill).

US: The interior layout is different, the bonnet is different and the front bumper is different (giving it a better approach angle).

I hope the underlying car is not very different than those available in the foreign markets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
I share your feeling as well.
I had made a similar observation when the Korean spec pictures were released, just when the car was about to be launched. I don't really understand why the India design is so different than the foreign versions and haven't seen a good justification for it either.

The foreign spec Seltos just feels so much more premium on the inside than the Indian spec. There is a certain European feel about the foreign spec layout.
To be fair though, one has to compare the Seltos with the Indian competition available right now and it does pretty well there.
I am hoping the design of the Seltos becomes more refined with the next facelift. It may take a few iterations but Kia may get there.

A really interesting thing would be to see, how, Kia designs its upcoming 4m subcompact SUV (codenamed QYI). We might just get the refined and premium design we want. (Hopefully, it is going to be revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have not been a fan of the big slab like design connecting the instrument console and the ICE screen on the Seltos. I think it could have been designed to be more seamless.

Recently saw the US spec Seltos where they have gone for a more traditional setup of the floating screen and it looks so much better. Any similar views among current owners ?

Attachment 1937867
Link

Quote:
after experiencing my GTX Seltos for 3 weeks, I have a feeling that the suspension/ride is not upto the mark. Potholes, bad roads are getting felt badly everytime I pass over them(irrespective of speed). Tyre pressure is maintained at 35. Tyres are stock Goodyear. Is something wrong?
The suspension is stiff, there's no doubt about it. However I am trying to understand the comfort limits of the suspension - which bump/pothole it eat and where I need to slow down. Once I have that understanding, I can take on things as necessary. Note that I drive a HTK+ with 16" wheels (35 PSi) and have been satisfied with the suspension so far. I will also play with the PSi numbers to see what is the best combo.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th November 2019 at 15:21.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:22   #4181
BHPian

My friend booked Seltos in October. They promised her that the car will be delivered in the first week of December.

But when she asked for the VIN, the sales person said VIN will be provided only after full payment. Is this true of KIA? Isn't it unfair to ask for full payment before physically seeing the vehicle and PDI? Did anyone have such an experience from Kia?
Old 25th November 2019, 15:29   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post
My friend booked Seltos in October. They promised her that the car will be delivered in the first week of December.

But when she asked for the VIN, the sales person said VIN will be provided only after full payment. Is this true of KIA? Isn't it unfair to ask for full payment before physically seeing the vehicle and PDI? Did anyone have such an experience from Kia?
That is total and absolute rot, and there is no need to fall for it. There is no such exception made in the case of any single manufacturer, whether Kia or anyone else.

Standard procedure is to inspect the car (PDI) before paying a penny more than the booking amount. Once satisfied (including determining the VIN at such PDI), you may proceed to pay the full amount. If there is anything amiss which comes to light during the PDI, get your booking amount refunded. As simple as that.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th November 2019 at 15:34.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:30   #4183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tyre pressure is maintained at 35. Tyres are stock Goodyear. Is something wrong?
Reduce tyre pressure to 32psi and then feel the ride.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:32   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Boss, while suspension is on the stiffer side, as many have mentioned, isn't 35 psi on all tyres a bit high? Maybe you can try at around 31 psi on all tyres (for city ride) and then check in case the ride is any better. On my Vento 1.6 TDI, I use 31 psi in all tyres in city and 33 on highway with load.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:40   #4185
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post

I had faced a similar situation. They basically allot the car to a person whose full payment is in, to avoid a situation where the car is allotted and payment takes time. This will mean a slower churn. So I had paid but I had aligned the Good morning that after allotment, if I find any issue in the car during PDI and before signing the documents, I will reject it and a new car would have to be allotted to me. He was totally okay with that. So I didn’t see the issue. Though I did make the final payment when they confirmed that it will be delivered the next day.
ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks