Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:54   #4141
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Just want to share an observation. Yesterday in Gurgaon-Manesar stretch I saw a Seltos without the headlights & taillights on! Couldn't identify the model as it was fairly dark. When we overtook him I saw his bright DRL's on.
Wanted to signal him so that I could inform him but restrained myself as I thought if he is doing it deliberately then it would be offending to him.
Yep, quite commonplace now.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...headlamps.html (Dangerous trend due to bright DRLs = Drivers forgetting to switch their headlamps on!)
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:16   #4142
Senior - BHPian

I have not been a fan of the big slab like design connecting the instrument console and the ICE screen on the Seltos. I think it could have been designed to be more seamless.

Recently saw the US spec Seltos where they have gone for a more traditional setup of the floating screen and it looks so much better. Any similar views among current owners ?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-zwkiaseltosinteriorusa_720x540.jpg
Link

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 22nd November 2019 at 11:18.
fiat_tarun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:40   #4143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have not been a fan of the big slab like design connecting the instrument console and the ICE screen on the Seltos. I think it could have been designed to be more seamless.

Recently saw the US spec Seltos where they have gone for a more traditional setup of the floating screen and it looks so much better. Any similar views among current owners ?
I agree the layout looks better BUT another thing catches my eye as well - smaller AC vents. Assuming that bigger vents will give better airflow, I prefer the AC over the touchscreen layout.

PS: The same specs are launched in Australia as well. It seems this design/layout is India specific and could be for a reason.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:24   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

I agree, this design looks more mature and tasteful. IMO, car manufacturers have started to feel that the urban Indian youth is quite tech savvy and would like to see tech differentiation in their cars as well. Remember Hector was there in many other markets (China, Indonesia, Thailand, South America, etc.) but they only launched with connected features and Tesla tab like screen in India (however, later they got all others on the same layout, even then Indonesia with its Almaz which came with Tesla-esque screen did not have the connectivity suite).

So I feel the Kia designers in India saw the S-class-esque ICE design will find its appeal in India, over the other Floating Tab like orientation of other competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I agree the layout looks better BUT another thing catches my eye as well - smaller AC vents. Assuming that bigger vents will give better airflow, I prefer the AC over the touchscreen layout.
It seems this design/layout is India specific and could be for a reason.
I do not think there is any significant difference between the size of the AC vents, and don't think even such difference would make any perceivable difference to the airflow.

Indian markets require larger AC units (compressor and power) which they change to suit for Indian conditions.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:50   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I asked for the file too but he refused to give it to me. Why don’t you try calling them and ask them to send a technician over? They offered the same to me without me asking.
The service guy in Pune is asking me to come over. I had a big argument with them but they don't care.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:54   #4146
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
The service guy in Pune is asking me to come over. I had a big argument with them but they don't care.
That’s a bummer. Guess they don’t care much about customer satisfaction. I suggest you keep it lower on your priority as UVO is working for you. Mine wasn’t working. Get it done when you are closer to the area where the service centre is.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:58   #4147
BHPian

Has anybody noticed windshield wiper juddering noise on their Seltos?

I was using my wipers on a rainy afternoon and heard juddering noise while the wiper swipes down. The dashcam footage has recorded the sounds (please watch the video with full volume to hear).

In the video a mild wiper judder starts to appear around the 9 second mark. By 25 second mark it becomes very loud. By 46 second mark I and the co-passenger think its from a Bullet bike - yes, it was that loud from inside! The rest of the video is where I turn off and on the wipers to confirm the sound is actually originating from them.

Do you think a blade replacement will fix this? Is there anything else that I need to ask the SA to check when I visit ASC?

dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:02   #4148
BHPian

Quote:
That’s a bummer. Guess they don’t care much about customer satisfaction. I suggest you keep it lower on your priority as UVO is working for you. Mine wasn’t working. Get it done when you are closer to the area where the service centre is.
yes, this is my intent currently(as first service is due in 10 days). The behavior is inherent to the city culture(what Pune is famous for), can't help it.

Quote:
By the way, you mentioned some firmware update for air purifier. Do you know what the update fixes? I have a feeling that the perfume thing doesn't work at all in my car as I can't smell perfume even though 2 strips were removed by dealer during delivery. Air purifier keeps showing some reading which I ignore but I have no clue whether it works(air purifier is on in settings).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd November 2019 at 16:15. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:20   #4149
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
By the way, you mentioned some firmware update for air purifier. Do you know what the update fixes? I have a feeling that the perfume thing doesn't work at all in my car as I can't smell perfume even though 2 strips were removed by dealer during delivery. Air purifier keeps showing some reading which I ignore but I have no clue whether it works(air purifier is on in settings).
I’m not sure. I faced no issues with the purifier. And have yet not activated the perfume as my car still has the new car smell. He just said it needs to be updated and I said okay.
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:35   #4150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Do you think a blade replacement will fix this? Is there anything else that I need to ask the SA to check when I visit ASC?
I doubt it's from the wiper blades. Had it been from blades, you would have seen streaking on windshield. I suspect something to do with the wiper arm. Please get it checked at the service center.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:15   #4151

Did the same thing few times initially and ever since I left the lights on Auto option.
Is that good or bad or impractical in Indian conditions?

Old 22nd November 2019, 14:29   #4152
BHPian

Found something on YouTube regarding the no illumination on driver side door buttons. Neat Job!
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:02   #4153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Found something on YouTube regarding the no illumination on driver side door buttons. Neat Job!
I wish these same stickers came in white or something which is neatly cropped to fit in the respected diagrams. Or I hope some aftermarket brand comes up with illuminated switches.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2019 at 15:44. Reason: Removing Youtube URLs from the quoted post = repetition. Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:11   #4154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I wish these same stickers came in white or something which is neatly cropped to fit in the respected diagrams. Or I hope some aftermarket brand comes up with illuminated switches.
This is how it looks during the day. I feel this is a pocket friendly fix and not looking bad also. Honestly my verna also did not come with illuminated switches but i am used to it now and i know which switch is located where. Just matter of time. But still if someone finds it uncomfortable this is a good fix!The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cb3b6f43014447eead8e8fa83e4abd48.jpeg
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:42   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Honestly my verna also did not come with illuminated switches but i am used to it now and i know which switch is located where. Just matter of time. Attachment 1937981
Agree. I too moved from a 2012 Verna to Seltos and my Verna didn't have illuminated switches too. For the first few days in my Seltos, I was struggling a bit to locate the buttons, but now I'm quite used to it and it is no longer a problem. I'm still struggling a bit with the steering mounted controls though. The buttons are placed quite differently, especially the ones to start/end a call.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks