Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 20:02   #2641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post

Request bhpians to guide me. I have bought cars but never have been so confused.
First things first - wait till 20th September, given 12 days , it's worth taking a shot even if probability of GST reduction is low for cars priced over 10 lakhs (sin tax !) . Between HTK+ auto and HTX manual, go for HTK auto anyday if you're driving. The basics are all there , you won't really miss the frills of the HTX in time, plus your knees will thank you ! HTX auto does not fit in your proposed 16 L capped budget unless you go for the IVT.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:10   #2642
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

The deliveries have indeed started happening. Spotted a red (aka dull maroon) today in my society with DL reg. Yet to notice the variant.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:21   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
The deliveries have indeed started happening. Spotted a red (aka dull maroon) today in my society with DL reg. Yet to notice the variant.
You really think that the red looks dull. I have yet to see it on road, but I was making my mind up to buy a red Seltos HTX+. The second to my liking was the silver which in fact is a kind of a brown’ish silver. Would have loved the black, but it wouldnt look so intimidating as say a Dark edition Harrier :-(
Old 8th September 2019, 20:23   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
I am confused between Htk+ automatic diesel and Htx manual diesel variant both being just 50-60 thousand apart . One offers convenience whereas the other offers a rich feel. The former fulfils the need of the hour while the later appeals the eye and the heart more.
I don't think you will be able to get all of this in 40 thousand. It will cost a lot more hence it makes sense that you opt for the higher variant. Nothing can replace the OEM products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Confirmed this as I saw a couple of seltos on road however they are htk+ variant.

My sales rep at sparsh kia said that GTX manual variants have arrived for deliveries.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 21:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged + trimming quoted post.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:35   #2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
You really think that the red looks dull. I have yet to see it on road, but I was making my mind up to buy a red Seltos HTX+. The second to my liking was the silver which in fact is a kind of a brown’ish silver. Would have loved the black, but it wouldnt look so intimidating as say a Dark edition Harrier :-(
It's more maroon than red. The Hector red is lovely by comparison.

I prefer the grey and the Pearl white over the other colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Confirmed this as I saw a couple of seltos on road however they are htk+ variant.

My sales rep at sparsh kia said that GTX manual variants have arrived for deliveries.
I was at the Bangalore palace cross road today for a DCT td. The rep told me that they had delivered 18 so far including 2 ivt and 1 at so far and are targeting 150 in the month of September.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 21:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:56   #2646
BHPian

Checked the Seltos last week. It has everything that and Indian customer would want and it shows in the factory despatches and initial bookings.

The car looks well finished and well put together. Build quality, interior part quality, feature list and space is good.

The HTK+ variant in both diesel and petrol is the most VFM option considering the feature list and price. HTK+ has it's base covered in terms of features and looks well priced @ 13.4 lacs for petrol and 14.6 for diesel.

HTK+ variant in diesel makes more sense over HTK compared to petrol. HTK petrol is priced less than 10 lacs ex showroom and hence the price difference between HTK & HTK+ petrol is ~2 lacs whereas the same for diesel is 1.2 lacs. For the additional price HTK+ adds the below over HTK

1. 16" Alloys
2. Cruise control
3. Rear defogger - this should have been standard across
4. Rear wiper & washer
5. Push button start
6. Rear door sunshade curtain
7. Rear parcel shelf
8. Auto folding ORVM
9. LED mood lighting
10. Heartbeat LED DRL

It can be a perfect alternative for Ecosport S and XUV 300 W8 (O) variants which fall in the same price bracket. The HTK+ diesel AT is 15.8 lacs on road and when compared to XUV 300 W8 (O) AMT @15.2 lacs Seltos HTK+ AT makes perfect sense. Seltos is bigger and better with better finish, better legroom and bigger boot.

The exterior also looks good for a mid variant with alloys and grill finished in brushed silver.

Interiors of HTK+ variant

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190908_204843.jpg

Exterior

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901161908.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901161848.jpg
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901161856.jpg
*The bonnet wasn't locked in place and hence the uneven panel gap.

HTX+ Variant

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20190901161623.jpg

Kudos to Kia for launching turbo petrol and diesel in GTX + AT guise based on market feedback/request.

The now offer 17 variants, 8 colors, 5 dual tone options, 3 engines and 3 different transmissions The assembly line must be running crazy but this way Kia have ensured that they cover a wider audience base in terms of budget and requirement.

Last edited by SmartCat : 8th September 2019 at 23:49. Reason: As requested
Karthik Chandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 21:03   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The HTK+ variant in both diesel and petrol is the most VFM option considering the feature list and price.
If you don't want an automatic, the HTK is far better value than HTK+. The only big miss is the rear wiper and defogger. There's not much value you receive for the 1 lakh price difference between HTK and HTK+.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 21:48   #2648
BHPian

Seltos HT line value for money - or just Bling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Checked the Seltos last week. It has everything that and Indian customer would want and it shows in the factory despatches and initial bookings...feature list and space is good.

The HTK+ variant in both diesel and petrol is the most VFM option considering the feature list and price......
Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
….. The only big miss is the rear wiper and defogger. .
Well, its a great deal if one prefers bling and flash.

However, check out the active safety features carefully and an important requirement for optimised straight line stopping - Emergency Brake Assist is missing in all the HT versions, including the top end. Which is perhaps ridiculous considering that cars and crossovers introduced in India 7-8 years ago in the same segment already had it.

Active safety features are extremely important and I would say, essential, especially if one is using the vehicle on expressways at speeds above 70-80 km/h. I would know, since its these features that have saved my 7 year old vehicle innumerable times during highway runs when the unexpected happens - which I am afraid is more the norm on our roads.

The baseline active safety systems - Antiskid Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (BA) all act in tandem and are essential for optimising straight line stopping. Its a crying shame that M/s Kia have left out one element - BA, in favour of some bling factor in their HT line Seltos.
Old 8th September 2019, 22:09   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seltos HT line value for money - or just Bling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Its a crying shame that M/s Kia have left out one element - BA, in favour of some bling factor in their HT line Seltos.
Tell me about it. I took a test drive of the HTX+ diesel and the MG Hector Smart diesel today.

Barring the discussion regarding interior quality, brand equity aside ( which have already been heavily discussed, and Kia garnering a lot of praise), the two main things that is still keeping the hector on my mind ( despite all the niggles with the sunroof and the touchscreen - have been very critical of the same on the hector thread ) are:

1. Customer service

Kia reeks of arrogance. I called Safdarjung - Frontier Kia. They said we don't have the Diesel. I said you've been saying the same for two weeks. I decided to visit the M G road showroom. The showroom was averagely crowded but no one bothered to attend to me. I had to ask thrice for a test drive. The SA kept telling me to hurry up and take the next U turn. I said I need a longer drive. He said you'll have to come another day. After the test drive, I was waiting for someone to elaborate on the features, pricing. No one bothered. Had to go and ask for the pricelist. They didn't bother to show me the colour variants that I wanted to see. Left the showroom in a huff.

Went to MG Safdarjung. It was crowded too. But a huge difference in customer service. No one pushed me to book the car. The SA didn't hurry me. Took a test drive leisurely for 20 mins. They gave me the quotation in a neat envelope. They offered to put me on the waitlist without any booking amount. I said I need time to decide. They said we will be happy to hear from you. Was impressive.
It's been a while I've been treated that well at a dealership before.

2. Safety features

MG takes safety seriously. All variants, even the base model has airbags, hill assist etc.

I'm thoroughly confused now. I like the Seltos as a car. And I like the Hector as well. What differentiates is customer service. No point in booking the car now as I'll get delivery in 2020 only. And I'm not in a hurry. The civic will keep chugging on till I want it to. I'll wait for the team bhp reviews to decide. Guess the hector review will arrive first.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 01:26   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
. Success has clearly gone to Kia's head and I'm glad to not be a part of this, not right now atleast.
I canceled my booking with Bhavna Kia, Panvel on August 26 and got my refund cheque yesterday. This is after a lot of follow up and telling them I've brought a car from the same group - Bhavna Ford. Got the SC at Bhavna Ford to talk to Bhavna Kia and process my cancellation.
Old 9th September 2019, 10:05   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
If both automatic variants of GTX+ are priced the same, what are the trades off of chosing one over the other.
A 6 speed torque converter or a 7 speed DCT. A petrol or a diesel automatic
GDI vs CRDI
It is so very confusing, ain't it. I am in the same boat. Negatives for DCT are the supposedly higher maintenance costs and relative lack of info on the Kia DCT in Indian conditions and traffic. I test drove both and loved the smoothness of Diesel Automatic. Almost thought of going for it, but then :

With we having to run on BS4 fuel atleast till May 2020 (not sure if there are BS6 outlets in Bangalore already), diesel engine is become a question mark if we are going for a purchase now. Clogging of diesel particulate filter and adverse impact on selective catalytic reduction are two things I see repeating in many concerns in articles regarding BS4 diesel in BS6 engine, obtained on Google searches. On the other hand, also read somewhere that Kia has adressed all this in testing and it's not a concern. Unless we can address this directly with someone in the knowhow in Kia service (sales teams may not be the best to address technical questions) and they can give some sort of an assurance, am really unsure about diesel.
Any one with some more insight, please weigh in, it will be very helpful.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:03   #2652
Team-BHP Support

I'd love to be proven wrong but from what I recollect GTX+ for petrol 1.4L 7DCT and GTX+ for 1.5D 6AT is not the same spec.

There was no diesel variant with 6 airbags and heads up display. To rationalise the prices Kia had different features between petrol and diesel. During the press drive they mentioned that Diesel even when GTX+ is announced will not have 6 airbags.

Please check this as I'm pretty sure that's how both diesel and petrol GTX+ are same price. The features are NOT the same.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:43   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I'd love to be proven wrong but from what I recollect GTX+ for petrol 1.4L 7DCT and GTX+ for 1.5D 6AT is not the same spec.
Based on Kia's website, the features of the GTX+ trim of the 1.4 turbo petrol (manual and auto) are exactly the same as those of the diesel auto.

The price of both these auto variants could be the same because the 1.4 petrol is a turbo charged direct injection unit with a DCT which could have higher import content as compared to the staple 1.5 diesel with the 6 speed TC gearbox that would have higher local content.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:47   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

There was no diesel variant with 6 airbags and heads up display. To rationalise the prices Kia had different features between petrol and diesel. During the press drive they mentioned that Diesel even when GTX+ is announced will not have 6 airbags.
The Official Brochure of Seltos Mentions that the 6 Airbags and Additional Safety Features are standard on GTX+ Diesel. Have a look at it below.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190909114006854_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

I think they have kept price same for both petrol and diesel in order not to make it even pricier. It's already overpriced, but it's packed with features and GT Line is very premium inside & out. Hence the price it justified to an extent.

If I buy the Seltos it would be this GTX+ Diesel because of Driving Modes, Safety Features. If one doesn't want these, HTX+ is best bet.

Another 60k more, one can get Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 GX AT, which is more complete car.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:51   #2655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Based on Kia's website, the features of the GTX+ trim of the 1.4 turbo petrol (manual and auto) are exactly the same as those of the diesel auto.

The price of both these auto variants could be the same because the 1.4 petrol is a turbo charged direct injection unit with a DCT which could have higher import content as compared to the staple 1.5 diesel with the 6 speed TC gearbox that would have higher local content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
The Official Brochure of Seltos Mentions that the 6 Airbags and Additional Safety Features are standard on GTX+ Diesel. Have a look at it below.
I saw the brochure before posting my earlier post.

The reason I am very doubtful that this is correct information is because of the following points:

1. The earlier 1.4L GTX 7DCT was priced at 15.99L same as the HTX+ 6AT 1.5L D. The HTX+ missed lots of features including 6 airbags which the petrol had.

2. The diesel HTX+ was 1L lesser than the petrol 1.4L GTX+. 14.99L vs 15.99L.

However looks like they have absorbed the costs for GTX+ 6AT diesel. Cause for 1L additional over the HTX+ 6AT diesel they are giving GTline with 6 airbags, ESP, multi drive modes and heads up display.

If that's the case then the diesel with better FE is pretty good pricing.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks