Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 12:52   #2656
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

After having a look the black interiors and beige interiors. I must say that beige (white) opens the cabin so much better.
I have a question, is it GTX+ petrol or GTX+ diesel value for money? One gives a punch of power, the other gives me mileage.
I already booked a petrol, i just wanted to know.
Old 9th September 2019, 13:03   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
This screenshot is directly taken from the official website of KIA. Please check the URL in the background.
Can you take another screenshot, directly from the Official Website of KIA? First, I grew suspicious, when mpg was mentioned and then I checked the Website. After confirming about the altered contents in the image, then only I've replied to your post.

I'm herewith posting the image once again for your perusal:-

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-capture.jpg
Old 9th September 2019, 13:30   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
Hi Manish

Can you please confirm the model that you booked? I am in a similar situation but the Kia people told me that dual tone is not available for models with sunroof.

Thanks
I have booked HTX Diesel with manual transmission. It doesn't have a sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
I am confused between Htk+ automatic diesel and Htx manual diesel variant both being just 50-60 thousand apart . One offers convenience whereas the other offers a rich feel. The former fulfils the need of the hour while the later appeals the eye and the heart more.

Request bhpians to guide me. I have bought cars but never have been so confused.
I had decided on getting the HTk automatic even before I entered the showroom, but my son made me change the decision after seeing the HTX manual. Main reasons were - premium feel, rear seat recliner, automatic climate control, air purifier, leatherette seats and bigger entertainment screen.

My car is going to be 90% chauffeur driven so I was ok with sacrificing the automatic transmission and getting these features instead. The rear seat comfort (with recline) was also a big factor.

If you're going the be driving yourself, I would say stick with the automatic. It beats every little add on feature of the HTX. However, if you're going to be more chauffeur driven then take the HTX manual.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th September 2019 at 16:56. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 15:01   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Can you take another screenshot, directly from the Official Website of KIA? First, I grew suspicious, when mpg was mentioned and then I checked the Website. After confirming about the altered contents in the image, then only I've replied to your post.
Attachment 1913732
Looks like that was a genuine error on the webpage. The screenshot I first posted was taken by me. You can see the team bhp tab open to its left.

I checked now and it looks all fine.
Old 9th September 2019, 15:51   #2660
Senior - BHPian

I liked the engine and suspension when I drove the top end diesel over broken roads. The feel inside is good. Liked the ventilated seats in front.

One thing was it felt little claustrophobic in the back seat. The roof is too low for a crossover SUV. Also, 19 lakh for a small crossover is something I am not comfortable with.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 16:22   #2661

Hello BHPians !!

I have been eagerly waiting for Seltos' launch since March this year and finally it was unviled in June. And pre booked it in july.

Booking Experience : I made the pre-booking online very first day i.e. 16th July, amount was debited, but transaction failed. Next day, email with transaction successful poped up. SMS confirmation on 18th july, but booking id was not there. Till the time test drives were available in 1st week of august constant follow ups with NOIDA dealer and central customer support regarding confirmation email or acknowledgement letter, which I have not received till date . Dealer is saying my booking is confirmed and realised on 27th july ( 12 days for a confirmed booking, Wake Up Kia!).

Coming to the dealership experience I think either they are overbooked or they are not entertaining online bookings much. I mean I felt like buying a 15-17 L car is nothing for the dealer. Somehow I am deeply disappointed by the dealer and the KIA customer support.

SELTOS : I and my family have always been a fan of top variants and automatics only. My father is completely inclined towards turbo petrol, but I prefer diesel because of that sheer grunt and roughness which should be there in crossovers and SUVs, considering Indian roads and driving conditions. And now finally I have decided to go for HTX+ Diesel auto instead of recently added GTX+ Diesel Auto, reason being wide OTR bracket ( 11 L - 20 L ). I feel top end variant is not worth, considering the power and size of the car (MG hector/ Tata Harrier to be blamed ).

Now I'm looking forward to confirm Black Colour and buy it in first week of october. I don't like the 17' Hyper Metallic Alloys. So planning to either swap those for 18 inchers and 225 section tyres or may be repainting stock alloys with glossy/satin black. Need suggestions where I can get the best deal and range for the alloys and tyres anywhere in DELHI and NCR.

Also need suggestions for the paint protection films and coatings or any other exterior treatment. Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Black Seltos with black rims, red brake callipers and those glittery white leds (low beams and fog lamps) ON will look killer in day, is't it ?

P.S. My first post/reply on the forum!

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid using excessive smileys! Only TWO (2) emoticons are permitted per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2019 at 17:21. Reason: see note in post
Old 9th September 2019, 17:12   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
The Official Brochure of Seltos Mentions that the 6 Airbags and Additional Safety Features are standard on GTX+ Diesel. Have a look at it below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I saw the brochure before posting my earlier post.

The reason I am very doubtful that this is correct information is because of the following points:

1. The earlier 1.4L GTX 7DCT was priced at 15.99L same as the HTX+ 6AT 1.5L D. The HTX+ missed lots of features including 6 airbags which the petrol had.

2. The diesel HTX+ was 1L lesser than the petrol 1.4L GTX+. 14.99L vs 15.99L.

However looks like they have absorbed the costs for GTX+ 6AT diesel. Cause for 1L additional over the HTX+ 6AT diesel they are giving GTline with 6 airbags, ESP, multi drive modes and heads up display.

If that's the case then the diesel with better FE is pretty good pricing.
Has someone been able to confirm this from the showroom? The brochure says GTX+ (GTX added). Now the 6 airbags were a GTX feature, GTX+ doesnt add them. However, the diesel never has a GTX variant. So no sure if the petrol GTX variant features will apply to the GTX+ diesel.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:19   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
It is so very confusing, ain't it. I am in the same boat. Negatives for DCT are the supposedly higher maintenance costs and relative lack of info on the Kia DCT in Indian conditions and traffic. I test drove both and loved the smoothness of Diesel Automatic. Almost thought of going for it, but then :

With we having to run on BS4 fuel atleast till May 2020 (not sure if there are BS6 outlets in Bangalore already), diesel engine is become a question mark if we are going for a purchase now. Clogging of diesel particulate filter and adverse impact on selective catalytic reduction are two things I see repeating in many concerns in articles regarding BS4 diesel in BS6 engine, obtained on Google searches. On the other hand, also read somewhere that Kia has adressed all this in testing and it's not a concern. Unless we can address this directly with someone in the knowhow in Kia service (sales teams may not be the best to address technical questions) and they can give some sort of an assurance, am really unsure about diesel.
Any one with some more insight, please weigh in, it will be very helpful.
I posted the same question to my Sales rep and he said that there is no issue using the BS4 fuel. Also, he said that whenever you are travelling opt for power Fuel instead of normal diesel
Old 9th September 2019, 17:19   #2664
BHPian

The revised price list in Navi Mumbai that includes the new variants
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-new.jpg  

Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:32   #2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
The revised price list in Navi Mumbai that includes the new variants
The Diesel GTX+ AT has a totalling error.
autoenthu88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:02   #2666
BHPian

https://twitter.com/BTVI/status/1170...542424064?s=19

A tax cut for the auto sector is highly unlikely. Auto loans will be cheaper from 1st October, 2019 due to new rules passed by the RBI. A 50-75 bps cut is expected given the number of times the RBI has cut its repo rates.
So no major relief in store except the interest on the loan one might take.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:27   #2667

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I have a question, is it GTX+ petrol or GTX+ diesel value for money? One gives a punch of power, the other gives me mileage.
I already booked a petrol, i just wanted to know.
I have the same dilemma. I want to buy GTX+ automatic and was thinking of the petrol variant. Now that the price differential between the petrol and diesel is negligible, I don't know which one to opt for. According to the SA, the diesel will be a 10-15k more OTR.

I am a city driver from Bangalore who will drive his car in peak morning and evening traffic 5 days and clock a 1000 kms a month, if that. Buying a top end variant is a family choice - wife and kids want all the bells and whistles and I am prepared to pay for it. The DCT is really attractive, switched it to Sports mode half through the test and loved the feel of the car. The Diesel AT also was surprisingly good although the engine sound was noticeably louder than the DCT.

My concerns on the DCT are those raised by others - a dry dual clutch, challenges associated with GDI, potential for poor mileage and high maintenance (I reset mileage counter before my test drive and the mileage was 6.9 for the DCT and 8.9 for the Diesel). The downside of not picking the DCT is losing out on a turbo 1.4 engine.

By comparison the AT looks like a safer option. According to the sales rep, it should have better resale value as well, although not sure how true that is.

An owner's review of the DCT cannot come soon enough for me.
Old 10th September 2019, 06:42   #2668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

One thing was it felt little claustrophobic in the back seat. The roof is too low for a crossover SUV. Also, 19 lakh for a small crossover is something I am not comfortable with.
I have the same doubts now, all over again. Spending close to two million rupees, for what has been a pretty abysmal experience. I was pretty excited about the Seltos. Then after multiple showroom visit, that had dimmed quite a bit.

Also, my wife, who rarely interferes between man and machine , pointed out a couple of issues which I'd missed out as I was drooling over the tech.

Since I was taking the test drive, she was seated at the back.

1. The door lock knobs ( the ones in silver on the HTX+) are flimsy! They feel like cheap plastic. The ones on my 13 year old Civic feel solid in comparison.

2. The dual tone interiors is a bit of at times. The seat backs of the HTX+ are black, while the headrest is beige, so doesn't look pretty , especially when you're at the back.

3. The rear bench is nothing to write about. It doesn't match up to the blingy front.

For that kind of money, the Hector feels more VFM. So I'm in a dilemma again.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 07:49   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Go for paint protection films as they did protect my car from some serious damage, multiple times. I would rate a physical barrier higher than Ceramic coating, which just retains gloss. I have tried both 3M and Drexler, (and Drexler has those self healing types where you pour hot water and the film corrects itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsushant View Post
Also need suggestions for the paint protection films and coatings or any other exterior treatment. Any other suggestions are most welcome.
Old 10th September 2019, 09:17   #2670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
I have the same dilemma. The DCT is really attractive, switched it to Sports mode half through the test and loved the feel of the car. The Diesel AT also was surprisingly good although the engine sound was noticeably louder than the DCT.

My concerns on the DCT are those raised by others - a dry dual clutch, challenges associated with GDI, potential for poor mileage and high maintenance (I reset mileage counter before my test drive and the mileage was 6.9 for the DCT and 8.9 for the Diesel). The downside of not picking the DCT is losing out on a turbo 1.4 engine.

By comparison the AT looks like a safer option. According to the sales rep, it should have better resale value as well, although not sure how true that is.

An owner's review of the DCT cannot come soon enough for me.
@lonsharim I would recommend if mileage is not a big concern, you may look at DCT, else the AT is definitely a better bet.

I have been contemplating all that as well. First, I had booked a Hector DCT and thankfully got saved JIT from a disastrous 6kmpl in heavy B2B traffic. Then I was looking at DCT Seltos and that too I heard will be ~8kmpl only, which for my daily run of 70km is just not an option.

I finally had to settle with the Seltos Diesel AT now against my wish of avoiding Diesel, but I guess I have no choice as Petrol + Auto in any car in this segment will be <10kmpl in B2B traffic. I am also not happy spending more than 2million rupees on a car which starts at 9.69 and frankly also doesn't feel like a 2million car when you are in it or outside , but hey the car prices have become crazy and it is still a better available option.

Now b/w the GTX+ and the HTX+, I am not keen on the GT line interior 3 colour seats (in GTX+), nor do I feel that the GT bits on the outside on a grey car look nice IMO (approved colour choice, 2nd choice white GTX+ but wife disapproves). I am also not keen to stretch myself on Seltos as I am not convinced of its VFM, so I am torn right now between a HTX+ and a GTX+. While the only feature from a GT line that I am keen on is additional airbags (not known if they are there or not), ESC, VSM & BA. I am not interested in the 360 camera, the HUD or drive modes! Also another negative is the additional wait period for the GTX+, as I am tired of waiting since past 5 months now! So I have to choose b/w the safety kit or everything else, WHY?

My SA called me yesterday to check if I would be keen to TD at an exact spec HTX+ Diesel Manual (I would take an auto). My first impression as soon as I cranked it IMO it is no where as silent or smooth as others have alluded to in the forum, the diesel clatter is very much there even at idle and it no where feels as nice to drive as the petrol auto Seltos I had TD before. This further frustrated me as this was one thing that I wanted to avoid the diesel for!

However, in all the available alternatives this is the best bet I feel.

Apologies for the long rant, but I feel this is the only place people will understand my predicament

P.S. I spent a long time with the car in the showroom fiddling with all the features, the system is very good, although the appearance/interface look could have been made much better IMO. The ICE and the MID while both are coloured screens, the use of colours is so minimal it doesn't do justice to these displays at all and overall experience is quite muted. Also, the car as usual was running with 48-50 PSI, when I asked the SA had no clue but confirmed to get it checked. However, the diesel in my view rides better over broken roads than the petrols.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks