Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 21:14   #2791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
So true, couldn't agree more, it is a 3 SUVs comparison. The others are just there for attracting(or to fool) viewers. Not a comprehensive comparison at all.

An observation, the segment all of a sudden became the hottest segment. Consumers now have a huge range of choices which is not the case in the past.
The latest actual Autocar magazine (20th anniversary edition) has a proper comparison of all 7 vehicles that runs into some 20 pages. Worth a read - actually the whole issue runs into 500+ pages and is quite a collector’s edition treat.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 23:29   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
By any chance do you think they can paint the roof if it has sunroof?
The SA said Yes to the above question and reiterated that the paint-job will be the closest you can get to the OEM 2-tone variant finish.

I’m almost sure you would have the searched the forum for all the debate between getting a vinyl wrap vs a paint job and convinced yourself with the best option for your needs.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 09:57   #2793
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic posts please. Stick to the Seltos ONLY here. Thank you.

There are other threads to discuss SUV definitions. And frankly, we shouldn't get so hung up over it. "SUV" is the most widely abused term today, by all manufacturers.

If you want to be absolutely correct, use the term "crossover" going forward . But let's not derail every "SUV" launch thread into the true definition of the body style.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2019 at 10:07.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 10:28   #2794
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have received the confirmation from my AD that my Seltos 1.5D TC HTX+ has been despatched from the plant and will be ready for delivery by 26th. However, I will take the delivery over the weekend on 29th. Given the dealers are now anticipating a rush in deliveries (post Sep20 GST meet and Shraad) and really wants to maximise the festive season the GM called me to ask if I do not putting my monies upfront, so he can allocate the car to my name, given they really want to mobilise these funds and buy a 100 more cars from Kia so they can have a massive festive sell-out.

The GM has been really patient with me yo-yoing between Hector and Seltos and even reviving a cancellation request, and I really want the car by 29th having waited too long and given an upcoming road-trip to the hills, which I would be keen to take Seltos on. I am visiting another showroom today in GGN to TD the 1.5D TC as the auto hasn't been available with my dealer. I checked with him once again but the GTX+ D will be held back to at least mid-November which I am not really interested to wait.

I will decide by tomorrow if I transfer him most of the funds, still confused whether I should do so or not!

Since the car will be GGN registered any idea if I can take the car out of state on a TC numberplate? Also does anyone here have any idea how much would it cost if I have to ensure that I get a 'even' number. All other cars are 'odd' numbered and it would be good to have even with the Delhi odd-even rule coming up in Nov.

Last edited by AGwagon : 16th September 2019 at 10:31.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:11   #2795
BHPian

I had been asking different showroom guys about the paint protection scheme I heard when Kia Motors did the global launch in India. Last week I have been told that it’s a 3m compound they are applying on the car and charging 8990 all in. On being enquires if it’s a ceramic or a Teflon or a wax coating they could not answer. They have been just proclaiming that it’s 3M coating. I am sure it’s not a ceramic coating, still wish to know about it as I am planning to pick up a black Seltos.

The showroom guys claimed that the charges are for one year and one can get it done on the car 2-3 times more in an year without any charge.

I wonder if it’s worth it. Anybody with more details on this ?
Old 16th September 2019, 12:51   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi Guys, I have received the confirmation from my AD that my Seltos 1.5D TC HTX+ has been despatched from the plant and will be ready for delivery by 26th. However, I will take the delivery over the weekend on 29th. Given the dealers are now anticipating a rush in deliveries (post Sep20 GST meet and Shraad) and really wants to maximise the festive season the GM called me to ask if I do not putting my monies upfront, so he can allocate the car to my name, given they really want to mobilise these funds and buy a 100 more cars from Kia so they can have a massive festive sell-out.

The GM has been really patient with me yo-yoing between Hector and Seltos and even reviving a cancellation request, and I really want the car by 29th having waited too long and given an upcoming road-trip to the hills, which I would be keen to take Seltos on. I am visiting another showroom today in GGN to TD the 1.5D TC as the auto hasn't been available with my dealer. I checked with him once again but the GTX+ D will be held back to at least mid-November which I am not really interested to wait.

I will decide by tomorrow if I transfer him most of the funds, still confused whether I should do so or not!

Since the car will be GGN registered any idea if I can take the car out of state on a TC numberplate? Also does anyone here have any idea how much would it cost if I have to ensure that I get a 'even' number. All other cars are 'odd' numbered and it would be good to have even with the Delhi odd-even rule coming up in Nov.

Congrats buddy ! I had booked the car on 30 June and my booking number was 40. Since then i have been waiting for the GTX+ Diesel Automatic. I have booked at Sparsh Kia and they have quoted that I will get the car by October mid to end. This is really frustrating.

With regards to the Even number car. Go to the delhi transport website. When i checked last they charge you 21000 INR for the number of your choice and that does not include VIP numbers. so you will need to pay 21000 upfront before the car is registered.

Which dealer did you book your car from ? I am looking for a Diesel automatic test drive too and am yet to find a dealer with that. Please provide details of the dealer where I can get the diesel automatic test drive.
Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:18   #2797
BHPian

All the three auto test drives are available with Frontier Safdarjung, as claimed by my SA
aarvee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:38   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have info on service costs? Is it on similar line as Hyundai? I don't any mention in ad's. Kia is banking big time on design and features. Hyundai were known for well priced service back then, with growth they have also seem to have increased ownership cost. Hope Kia doesnot start with what Hyundai is today.
Old 16th September 2019, 14:48   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Does anyone have info on service costs? Is it on similar line as Hyundai? I don't any mention in ad's. Kia is banking big time on design and features. Hyundai were known for well priced service back then, with growth they have also seem to have increased ownership cost. Hope Kia doesnot start with what Hyundai is today.
Kia Service Cost Calculator

Service cost calculator is available on Kia's website. By putting in the information like Model, Engine, Transmission and Variant, one can ascertain the service cost for all service intervals.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 16th September 2019 at 14:50.
rahul_goyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:55   #2800
Distinguished - BHPian

The deliveries for Seltos began 2-3 weeks back right? Surprisingly I'm yet to see a single one on the streets where I see every new car in a week from launch. Or supply is differing across cities/tiers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi Guys, I have received the confirmation from my AD that my Seltos 1.5D TC HTX+ has been despatched from the plant and will be ready for delivery by 26th.
Ah! So finally you zeroed in onto the Seltos D and Hector DCT fell behind. Seems I missed some of your posts somewhere about that decision making. Will search now. I'm guessing it was the FE? Hearty congratulations on the handsome compact car you chose! Given your very detailed posts in decision making and TD experiences, I presume we can expect nice ownership thread soon afterwards! Best wishes.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 15:13   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white color Seltos while coming back to home. It looks smaller than Creta and in my honest opinion has very less road presence. I wouldn't have given it a second glance if it wasn't right in front of me in slow moving traffic. 20 lacs for this vehicle is absurd if we go by sheer road presence. In comparison Hector looks huge and more modern in all ways. I was still in dilemma about Seltos but seeing it on road today have stricken it off my list.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 15:14   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here driven the 1.5L Petrol + IVT ? A friend wants to buy the HTX petrol IVT and interested to know about the CVT drivability, Especially the rubber band effect and how it is contained by Kia ?
Old 16th September 2019, 16:02   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Congrats buddy !..With regards to the Even number car..
I am looking for a Diesel automatic test drive too and am yet to find a dealer with that. Please provide details of the dealer where I can get the diesel automatic test drive.
Thanks Buddy! I also had booked with Sparsh, however, since I am not interested to wait till November, I am not keen on GTX+, also I do not like the external detailing with the Grey colour, and the 3 tone interior upholstery. Therefore I am going ahead with the HTX+. Re the even number, since I am registering the car in GGN, need to understand the process there, was aware of the Delhi Reg process.

Test drove the D-TC today at Dhingra Motors GGN and I just loved the punch. Of course if you floor it the TC gearbox does take some time to respond and you get the typical high RPM whine, but the car really pulls. The ride also is much in the D as compared to the Ps. The suspension is more compliant on undulations and it is even more composed on high-speed cornering.

I also tried the DCT b2b after the D, and while the gearshift is seamless, one has to build some momentum (beyong 1850RPM) and then only it starts to really take-off. Post that though, there is no question that the DCT is quicker. And in my view, the 0-100 times are better in DCT only owing to the gearbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The deliveries for Seltos began 2-3 weeks back right? Surprisingly I'm yet to see a single one on the streets where I see every new car in a week from launch. Or supply is differing across cities/tiers?

Ah! So finally you zeroed in onto the Seltos D and Hector DCT fell behind. Seems I missed some of your posts somewhere about that decision making. Will search now. I'm guessing it was the FE? Hearty congratulations on the handsome compact car you chose! Given your very detailed posts in decision making and TD experiences, I presume we can expect nice ownership thread soon afterwards! Best wishes.
Yes, the prime reason for dropping the Hector DCT was only FE. Thank you, and I hope I am able to pen down a ownership review soon.

Deliveries had started, but now dealers are idle again as people are either waiting for 20th or Navratri (29th), so all of them are busy stockpiling and matching to the booking schedule. Both the dealers have a lot of inventory of some models (i.e., DCT GTX, etc.) which can be made available for ready deliveries. According to the dealers D-AT is commanding the most waiting time and both confirmed that the GTX+-D-TC has not even got into production yet so the wait would be much longer.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 16:09   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Saw a white color Seltos while coming back to home. It looks smaller than Creta and in my honest opinion has very less road presence. I wouldn't have given it a second glance if it wasn't right in front of me in slow moving traffic. 20 lacs for this vehicle is absurd if we go by sheer road presence. In comparison Hector looks huge and more modern in all ways. I was still in dilemma about Seltos but seeing it on road today have stricken it off my list.
I see many posts like this related to road presence.
The Seltos is almost identical in size when compared to Creta (20mm shorter but some 30mm longer). I don't think any human eye can detect the same.
Anyways, both the Creta and the Seltos are compact SUVs/cross-overs which satisfy most of the needs of urban middle-class. These are mass market cars with a starting price of <10lakhs which sell almost same number as B-segment hatchbacks. So, anyone who wants road presence or second glances from people around should look elsewhere. The Hector, Harrier and XUV500 are full one size bigger vehicles which will have more road presence. But those come with their own cons like - handling, FE, quality etc.

I have seen the Creta and Seltos parked alongside (both were white coincidentally) and looked similar size to me. The Seltos design felt more modern and sophisticated compared to the Creta. Also, apart from the features where the Seltos trumps the Creta, I think the interior quality and feel were clearly one or two notches above the Creta. It feels way more premium and I don't think Creta has any USP over the Seltos other than the brand. Unless Kia falters on customer service and A.S.S, I think Kia will rule the segment till the next-gen Creta is launched. It will be interesting to see what Hyundai can offer in the next-gen Creta as Kia has raised the bar in the segment with the Seltos. I hope they improve the exterior design of the Creta compared to the Chinese version and offers a better mix of features over the variants.
adimicra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 16:34   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I see many posts like this related to road presence.
The Seltos is almost identical in size when compared to Creta (20mm shorter but some 30mm longer). I don't think any human eye can detect the same.
Anyways, both the Creta and the Seltos are compact SUVs/cross-overs which satisfy most of the needs of urban middle-class. These are mass market cars with a starting price of <10lakhs which sell almost same number as B-segment hatchbacks. So, anyone who wants road presence or second glances from people around should look elsewhere. The Hector, Harrier and XUV500 are full one size bigger vehicles which will have more road presence. But those come with their own cons like - handling, FE, quality etc.

I have seen the Creta and Seltos parked alongside (both were white coincidentally) and looked similar size to me. The Seltos design felt more modern and sophisticated compared to the Creta. Also, apart from the features where the Seltos trumps the Creta, I think the interior quality and feel were clearly one or two notches above the Creta. It feels way more premium and I don't think Creta has any USP over the Seltos other than the brand. Unless Kia falters on customer service and A.S.S, I think Kia will rule the segment till the next-gen Creta is launched. It will be interesting to see what Hyundai can offer in the next-gen Creta as Kia has raised the bar in the segment with the Seltos. I hope they improve the exterior design of the Creta compared to the Chinese version and offers a better mix of features over the variants.
I have a different opinion after seeing mid variants of Seltos. The interiors are pretty much in same league as Creta, you sit little lower and on road, Creta has better presence(not comparing to bigger one's though). The Seltos also felt a bit more claustrophobic. Seltos being a newer product does look fresher but nothing earth shattering. Both are closely matched with Seltos having slight advantage for being newer kid on the block + BS6 engine/Autobox options. Personally I would pick Creta if diesel and Seltos if petrol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks