Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 17:59   #1291
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
This is again from the same guy "Car News By Rishabh Arora", which already was discussed yesterday. Prices definitely give a feeling that it is a Kia released pricing. Any official pricing, close to the leaked pricing would turn the tide in favor of Kia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Does any one in the shop knows if the petrol or diesel auto comes with hill start assist ?

Hg
As per the leaked variant list, GTX Petrol Auto comes with Hill Assist. I believe few of the Seltos spotted in showrooms are all the Top end Diesel Manual only. So we have to wait till we have the Auto cars displayed / available for test drive or till Kia releases the official variant list. I personally think that Hill Assist would be there in HTX+ Diesel Auto and GTX Petrol Auto. You can check the leaked variant list that I had posted in Page 78 of this thread.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 18:07   #1292
BHPian

Greetings Everyone,

Does anyone from Mumbai know if the Shreenath KIA showroom in Malad has been opened yet or not?
Old 26th July 2019, 18:13   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Yes, hillstart assist is available on manual and automatic transmission.
Can you confirm the source of truth ?. You meanto say HT series has this feature ?

Hg
Old 26th July 2019, 18:17   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Can you confirm the source of truth ?. You meanto say HT series has this feature Hg
The official website has the respected information regarding safety equipment that includes hill start assist as on offer. So chill
Old 26th July 2019, 18:48   #1295
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

I just saw the vehicle up close and I am repeating what someone else told earlier as well - the stance and size is good and close to CRETA - the interiors somehow dont match Hyundai creta quality ( we have one at home) and reeks of poor quality plastics - the steering wheel is small and rubs against my leg in spite of all adjustments - no headroom (am 6 foot) - the chrome detailing in grille looks very cheap - Bose speakers sound nice - almost confirmed that only 2 airbags in top end diesel automatic - very poor under thigh support in rear seat and low on knee room Now almost decided to cancel my bookings and considering the Tucson or compass but will wait to see production version and final combination.
urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 19:25   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I just saw the vehicle up close and I am repeating what someone else told earlier as well -
- very poor under thigh support in rear seat and low on knee room Now almost decided to cancel my bookings and considering the Tucson or compass but will wait to see production version and final combination.
It always feels like a compromise, isn't it? I test drove Tucson couple of months ago, everything was good except the interiors that don't belong in a 30L car (OTR Blr). Jeep on the other hand is cramped at the back. Guess that's why MG is selling well, a seemingly VFM proposition for a change.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th July 2019 at 20:26. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 26th July 2019, 20:21   #1297
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support - Do NOT post biased messages (even if negative) on this forum. Keep it fair & neutral. You are hereby prohibited from posting on this thread again.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2019 at 07:41.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2019, 20:35   #1298
BHPian

@ NAVREVV

You have not felt the plastics in person neither have I and we are yet to have reviews done by professionals.

"Interior quality too is top notch and, while Kia says the units we drove were prototypes, the finish levels were right up there with what you’d expect in a final product. "
-AutoCarIndia

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-capture.jpg

The front screen looks cheap in the above photos because the screen is having a protective film over it. Whenever you buy a new product there is plastic on every surface in order to protect it from scratches.
When the protective film is out of it's way it indeed looks amazing.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190715122424_kiaseltosdashboard.jpg

Now I have done few research regarding our Indian Seltos having a different screen placement. The unit is different from Korea- this is because the touchscreen system in India has 360 degree camera configuration as well as smart air purifier system that is not present in the Korean models.

Secondly the unit is localised through LG (to keep costs low) and thirdly they wanted to stick true to the concept Sp2

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-images-22.jpeg

As you can see that the concept interiors did have the floating screen effect and no wonder the designers tried to present the Indian model in a different manner and carried forward it here.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2019 at 07:42. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
momsonlydriver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 20:42   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Specifically I was looking towards 6 airbags and usually automatic comes with hill start assist.which is must than DRLs.. If hill start is not in the petrol automatic, I have to simply cancel my booking .
All automatics will have crawl function and this is normally sufficient to start on a slope without rolling back (as you take the right foot from the brake and step on the accelerator).
Old 26th July 2019, 20:44   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The official website has the respected information regarding safety equipment that includes hill start assist as on offer. So chill
Well, the website says they provide everything in world.Now we know it is a surprise what we get. The leaked bronchure says only GT variant gets HSA. But I'm looking to buy the CVT variant. Does it come with hill start assist and 6 airbag .??

Hg

Last edited by humveeguy : 26th July 2019 at 20:46.
Old 26th July 2019, 21:02   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
All automatics will have crawl function and this is normally sufficient to start on a slope without rolling back (as you take the right foot from the brake and step on the accelerator).

OT:Not really, DCTs and DSGs do roll back. It is the torque converters that do not roll back.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:14   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
OT:Not really, DCTs and DSGs do roll back. It is the torque converters that do not roll back.
That is surprising. My i20 CVT doesn't roll back (at least on moderate slopes). Hector DCT did not roll back on inclines when I test drove it. May be the Hector has hill-hold assist?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:34   #1303
BHPian

Rant levels need MODERATION..

@ NAVREVV

Dude, if I may point out with no offence intended:
Its a free country and Kia is free to decide their own business model, flawed or not. The market will decide their success or failure. If anybody does not like their options or decides against purchasing the vehicle, then so be it.

What's however not very objective in this forum is the level of rants being raised, post after post. May I say that one needs to wait for perhaps another 3-4 weeks till the pricing and features are officially announced? And perhaps a few team members have had a chance to check out display vehicles at showrooms and post their observations? Its not appropriate to keep posting post after alternate post with speculative comments, mostly negative.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2019 at 07:46. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Rigid Rotor is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 22:34   #1304
BHPian

Re: Rant levels need MODERATION..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post

What's however not very objective in this forum is the level of rants being raised, post after post. May I say that one needs to wait for perhaps another 3-4 weeks till the pricing and features are officially announced? And perhaps a few team members have had a chance to check out display vehicles at showrooms and post their observations? Its not appropriate to keep posting post after alternate post with speculative comments, mostly negative.
It had become a trend unfortunately. We had the umpteen posts on the harrier thread for panel gaps. Then the posts on the Hector thread for Chinese connections leading to a poor quality product and now on Kia as well. So yea, I guess a bit of patience helps to wait until our members take test drives and start posting real life observations rather than speculations.
GearHeadGarage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 22:39   #1305
BHPian

I just had a look at this following video by Kia.

Very strange to say I paused at one part of the video and saw that dummy switches are replaced by buttons.

Before: (seen in pre book)
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190711_091406.jpg

After: (seen in official video)
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190726_223421.jpg

Is this hinting a gtx+ automatic? Excited to see the variant list come up.
Edit: notice the Bose speakers?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th July 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Typos
momsonlydriver is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks