Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 09:50   #1261
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The few people that I met at the dealership were only asking questions on the touch screen, led lights, mood lighting etc. Not one person was talking about anything to do with safety or the build quality. Also overheard a conversation on soft suspension. Looks like people like the soft boat like ride.:frustrati:
It is no breaking news that very small percentage of the average Indian customer cares two hoots about whether the car has 2 airbags or 6, and are usually taken in by gimmicky nonsense such as mood lighting. Auto manufacturers are businesses and if they can enhance sales and profits with such "features" they will most certainly do so. Corporate responsibility of providing maximum additional safety features is not even remotely in their priority list.

As for soft suspension, a stiff and well- handling suspension is going to do precious little on the pothole - ravaged roads that 90% or more of these cars are going to encounter on a daily basis. No surprise then, that a softer suspension and associated ride comfort will win hands down against a more enthusiast oriented stiffer setup.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 26th July 2019 at 09:51.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 09:55   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The few people that I met at the dealership were only asking questions on the touch screen, led lights, mood lighting etc. Not one person was talking about anything to do with safety or the build quality. Also overheard a conversation on soft suspension. Looks like people like the soft boat like ride.:frustrati:
MG made a mistake by providing 4 and 6 airbags in their top 2 variants. They probably would have tasted the same success, if they had launched all variants with just 2 airbags. Kia probably understood the customer pulse and want to cash in. Least they could offer such important missing features as an option to perspective buyers. That way their labelled ex showroom price doesn't shoot up and customer would have the choice of deciding what to compromise and what not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
video
For the Australian model, six airbags and ESC are standard across all variants. For the Indian model, only GTX and GTX+ has these.

Well done Kia... we deserve this discrimination! We made cars (read as Creta, Breeza) who followed this formula, a success. So this is not your fault!

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2019 at 17:40. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 26th July 2019, 10:37   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos for Australia (imported from Korea) is speculated to be priced from $26,000 Seltos S (~INR 12.5 LAKHS) and range topping variant GT-Line AWD at $39,000 ( ~ INR 19lakhs)

Quote:
Kia’s local arm wants up to 750 sales a month, with higher targets once factory supply from the Korean plant improves
Quote:
Higher grades also get familiar Kia/Hyundai 1.6-litre turbo-petrol unit making 130kW and 265Nm (from 1500rpm), mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and on-demand variable AWD, cutting the 0-100km/h dash to 8.0 seconds.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th July 2019 at 10:39.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 11:02   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I'd wait for a few more days for the official variant list but what irks me most so far is the dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Display (which looks like the dashboard has been cut and an extra wide tablet with glossy boarder is stuck) on the India version may be a deal breaker for me
A total bummer, and at the risk of sounding silly, certainly a deal breaker for me as well! This one seems to be glaring case of cost optimisation rather than anything else!

The dash from my 4 year old S-Cross, which is actually a 7 year old design, looks a lot more elegant in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Kia is rolling out showrooms covering every area. But I question this particular location in Yeshwanthpur, opposite the Railway Station.
You said it! That is actually on my route to work, and is indeed a messy junction with noise, dust and haphazard traffic! Used to be a service centre for Ford before Kia took over.

Coincidentally, the Ford showroom at Palace cross is also getting rechristened to Kia, again by the same dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Well done Kia... we deserve this discrimination! We made cars (read as Creta, Breeza) who followed this formula, a success. So this is not your fault!
The colour options seems to be better as well. I don't see the stunning looking maroon in the India specific brochure

Last edited by pannags : 26th July 2019 at 11:11. Reason: Added quote
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 11:27   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
I am striking off HTX+ Auto from my list and I wont be compelled to buy that, even if it is offered at a very compelling price. Over to GTX Auto and GTX+ to see what they are missing and how they are priced.
In all probability, I can confidently say that GTX and GTX+ will come with 6 Airbags, ABS with EBD+BA, HAC+ESC+VSM. This is perfectly fine as long as it justifies the cost but GTX with DCT which most people are after does miss out on quite a few features like:-

Sunroof, Bose System, DRVM, 360 Camera, Ventilated seats, Front and rear parking sensors and Blind view monitor.
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 11:33   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
In all probability, I can confidently say that GTX and GTX+ will come with 6 Airbags, ABS with EBD+BA, HAC+ESC+VSM. This is perfectly fine as long as it justifies the cost but GTX with DCT which most people are after does miss out on quite a few features like:-

Sunroof, Bose System, DRVM, 360 Camera, Ventilated seats, Front and rear parking sensors and Blind view monitor.
Sunroof
Bose System
DRVM
360 Camera
Ventilated seats
Front and rear parking sensors
Blind view monitor

Out of all these great features, absence of 360 degree camera and Front+Rear Parking sensors just break my heart.

Last edited by panamera13 : 26th July 2019 at 12:00.
panamera13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 11:41   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Sunroof
Bose System
DRVM
360 Camera
Ventilated seats
Blind view monitor

Out of all these great features, absence of 360 degree camera and Front+Rear Parking sensors just break my heart.
I think rear parking sensors will be there, probably in all variants. Front parking sensors will be missing for sure. Even if GTX Auto has the regular rear view camera in place of 360 camera, then I think it should be good enough. Or worst case, if reverse camera is available as an official accessory to be connected to the 10.25" system.

Don't want to have an Autocop sitting on top of my rear view mirror.
Old 26th July 2019, 12:03   #1268
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance regarding the details of the leaked variant-wise feature list - how decently equipped is the base diesel variant?
Old 26th July 2019, 12:04   #1269
BHPian

Kia launches a new video of Seltos Navigation Technology

Old 26th July 2019, 12:12   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of shots of the dual-tone variants received from a source.

First pic is of a lower variant - notice the absence of front foglamps, & the different layout of the front grille & headlamp section.

Second pic is of the GT Line, going by the red section in the front bumper lower lip.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2019 at 12:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 13:11   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't have put it better myself! While we sit here and rant about the missing airbags, KIA will milk the average Indian buyers with all the gimmicks.

Frankly, very few people actually care about the safety tech(airbags, VSM, etc.). Regular people(my dad included) would be pulled in by the gimmicks over the missing safety tech! And that's what matters to KIA. Their mission is not to please the handful of enthusiasts or earn a great review on TeamBHP, but to sell the car in tens of thousands every month. And they're about to do just that!

My point is, people are going to fall for KIA Seltos in masses, doesn't matter whether it has two airbags or six.

Last edited by pavanth : 26th July 2019 at 13:15.
pavanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 13:18   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Couple of shots of the dual-tone variants received from a source.

First pic is of a lower variant - notice the absence of front foglamps, & the different layout of the front grille & headlamp section.

Second pic is of the GT Line, going by the red section in the front bumper lower lip.
Interestingly both cars have the opposite/reverse color of each other. White car with orange roof and the orange car with white roof. Do all variants come with dual tone?
Old 26th July 2019, 13:35   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Pardon my ignorance regarding the details of the leaked variant-wise feature list - how decently equipped is the base diesel variant?
Base variant (HTE) is reasonably loaded, as per the leaked variant information that we have. It obviously misses out on a lot of chrome and other bells/whistles. Has a small sized 3.5" system along with UVO lite. You can refer to the first post in Page 78 for the detailed leaked variant list.
Old 26th July 2019, 13:47   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Sunroof
Bose System
DRVM
360 Camera
Ventilated seats
Blind view monitor

No Bose system; thats fine, I'll work with my beloved focal system.

No DRVM; Dont they have a rear view camera at the back? I have a rear view camera which comes handy, kind of used to it now. After market is still an option here.

No 360 Camera; thats fine, its a small car.

No Ventilated Seats; thats not fine by me, I would love to have this. I use an aftermarket one in the summer and its a must have now.

No Front & Rear Sensors; I think it will have the rear ones and the front ones will be missing. Fit the after market ones if you really need it. I don't have front or rear sensors, but like I said above I use the rear view camera

No Blind view monitor; Never had them, dont care much about it either.

No sunroof; Never had it, its not a panoramic one. Even if it had the panoramic one, I wouldn't care much about it either. I drive the car myself 95% of the time, so don't care whether the rear passengers get a sky view or not

No power driver seat; strange they dont have this on the top end GT line either, its only available on the HTX+. If I cant get a good driving position using the manual adjustments this will be a deal breaker for me.

Ventilated seats and power driver seat are the only thing that hurts me to be honest, they should at least give that as an option on the DCT.

Last edited by sreejinair : 26th July 2019 at 13:50.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 14:01   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Interestingly both cars have the opposite/reverse color of each other. White car with orange roof and the orange car with white roof. Do all variants come with dual tone?
Have read it somewhere, not sure if was again a part of the leaked unofficial variant list. It will mostly be in HTX+, GTX & GTX+
1. White with Orange top
2. Orange with White top
3. Red with Black top
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks