Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:43   #3541
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post

To the peeps who are already enjoying the Seltos, How much time does it take the car to be delivered after the allotment? (Without any finance hurdle)
My dealer said around 6 days for the car to reach them from the factory and another 6 days for registration. I am also waiting for the car but it is going to be a longer wait for me due to Diwali this week.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:23   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
My dealer said around 6 days for the car to reach them from the factory and another 6 days for registration. I am also waiting for the car but it is going to be a longer wait for me due to Diwali this week.
Yes you might face some delays due to the holidays. Especially from the RTO.

I had booked HTX MT on 8th Oct and was told 2 Months of waiting time. Two days back when I visited my dealer to check the IVT he told me that your car will be most probably allotted to you in the first week of November. I also asked him what I want it in 2020, he said in 2020 they can only deliver in February as in January the cars will be manufactured.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd October 2019 at 08:44. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:34   #3543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post
got a FE of 14.6 KMPL, across 32 kms, and a drive of 48 mins.
8.4 Kms, and got a FE of 8.6 KMPL.

So, to me, I feel that its a very healthy mileage on the 7 DCT.
Do not go by the MID figures - the error could be very huge for short distances.

Please do a tankful approach measurement and share the numbers when you get the time.

I think AGwagon did a similar test on Hector DCT and the MID showed 7+ while the reality was 4+ and he ended up buying the Seltos Diesel Auto...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 20:03   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Thank you for your inputs. It was the very first time for me driving a CVT.
Yes most of my drives are going to be within the city. I had opted for MT just for those occasional highway trips. But i feel its wiser to go for IVT. When are you getting yours delivered?
I haven't made my up mind yet.
I have test driven the GTX+ manual and the HTX manual variants so far.

Looking at the features offered, I was initially looking at the GTX manual but at 18 lakhs OTR in Mumbai, I am now waiting for the Creta as well.

The information on the new Creta will start leaking before it is officially revealed at the Indian Auto Expo which takes place in Feb 2020. My requirement is not that urgent and I would like to make a more informed decision.

The HTX IVT is a good choice, but do consider the GTX manual/DCT too if it fits in your budget.

I made a list of all the things the GTX gets over the HTX:

1) A puchy 1.4 L turbo engine over 1.5 L normally
aspirated engine (lower FE but more power)
2) Brake assist
3) ESC
4) HAC
5) VSM
6) Side and curtain airbags
7) Black leatherette seats over beige leatherette seats
8) A few cosmetic exterior changes
9) Sporty alloys + red brake callipers
10) Alloy pedals
11) Solar glass
12) Rain sensing wipers
13) 7 inch MID
14) HUD
15) Wireless charger.

For 2.50 lakhs more (OTR prices in Mumbai), are all these things worth the money.
I have been thinking about this for sometime now, it is quite a conundrum.
Old 22nd October 2019, 20:08   #3545
BHPian

Hi all, I was told by my SA that my GTX+ Diesel AT vehicle is arrived at yard and tomorrow is my delivery. With that he asked me to do complete payment which I did and he generated a draft copy for TR with VIN and chasis number. Evening he pinged me and told vehicle is arrived at showroom you can come and have a look(this he told after I myself asked him about visiting). I stuck with office work so told him to share the pics. After some 30-45 mins he called me back and said the vehicle VIN/chasis number is different than what he already generated TR and the one which is mentioned in TR is in transit and will reach the yard tomorrow night and delivery can happen on Thursday - 10/24 which is fine with me. The question I have or the help I need from this forum is, is this something fishy or these kind of mistakes happen with dealers/SA's which I can proceed and take delivery. My previous two vehicle deliveries were smooth and not seen such issues. Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2019, 21:33   #3546
BHPian

Hey guys,

Getting my GTX+ DCT intense red ceramic coated tomorrow. Any suggestions?
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 21:50   #3547
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Do not go by the MID figures - the error could be very huge for short distances.

Please do a tankful approach measurement and share the numbers when you get the time.

I think AGwagon did a similar test on Hector DCT and the MID showed 7+ while the reality was 4+ and he ended up buying the Seltos Diesel Auto...
With 80% city drive and 20% NH to work, I got a mileage of 10 in my first tankful. MID showed 11. There was a lot of idling to play around with the infotainment unit and when I was getting ceramic coating done. And a heavy right foot at 15% of the tank to enjoy the turbo and torque . Overall, a happy customer.
ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:45   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
There was a lot of idling to play around with the infotainment unit and when I was getting ceramic coating done
Just curious how much did the ceramic coating cost and how many layers did you get it done? Also what is the warranty for the same?
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:57   #3549
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Just curious how much did the ceramic coating cost and how many layers did you get it done? Also what is the warranty for the same?
I got interiors and exteriors for 25k. Some offer they had on. With 5 years warranty on external and 6 months, internal.
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:25   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I got interiors and exteriors for 25k. Some offer they had on. With 5 years warranty on external and 6 months, internal.
Just a thought here, for any car - not specifically the Seltos. We do tend to be in a spend-friendly mode when we buy a new car. Expenses like Ceramic Coating, Under Body Coating and Nitrogen in our tires seem necessary.

However, after 6 to 8 months, when the new car feeling fades away, we ignore minor scratches and small dings taking it as a parcel of the ownership.

And then when the car is 5 to 6 years old, we really don't care about minor scratches or dings. We're in two minds to keep the car or sell it. At this point, how much does your Ceramic Coating or Under Body coating matter?

Not meaning to offend our Members who opt for these services. But the truth is, Indian driving conditions will give you scratches and dings however much you care for your car. And when you go to sell it, all that will matter is your total kms driven and physical appearance (no large dents) of your car.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
DueLLeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 00:30   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Finally got my Red GTX+ DCT delivered today at Narra Kia motors!! Love the car.
Hey congrats and happy miles ahead In your earlier post, you had mentioned that you are not getting the basic accessory kit which dealers are charging 8K. Can you let me know, does your car came with any of these accessories listed?

Mud Flap
Door Visor
Floor Mat Carpet
Perfume
Dual Port Mobile Charger
Divinity
Bumper Corner Protector
Sill Plate (Normal)
Garbage Bin

When I questioned my SA about this basic kit, he mentioned that out of this list, Sill Plate comes with the car and that amount will be deducted in the final invoice.
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:53   #3552
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Hey congrats and happy miles ahead In your earlier post, you had mentioned that you are not getting the basic accessory kit which dealers are charging 8K. Can you let me know, does your car came with any of these accessories listed?

Mud Flap
Door Visor
Floor Mat Carpet
Perfume
Dual Port Mobile Charger
Divinity
Bumper Corner Protector
Sill Plate (Normal)
Garbage Bin

When I questioned my SA about this basic kit, he mentioned that out of this list, Sill Plate comes with the car and that amount will be deducted in the final invoice.
Out of this list, only the sill plate and mud flaps come with the GTX+.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:12   #3553
BHPian

Abrupt breakdown of CRDI Auto. Source YouTube.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 23rd October 2019 at 06:20.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:02   #3554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Abrupt breakdown of CRDI Auto. Source YouTube.
The problem with such stories and videos is that the loop is never closed. It is never known what could have been the problem. Manufacturing defect, bad PDI, bad fuel, some fuse software malfunction?

This is one the reasons I believe that new models should be launched well before the festive season. One of the major reasons for product issues is the immense pressure that the plant comes under during festive season.

Sometimes assemblies are not done correctly, sometimes quality control is neglected in the name of moving numbers.

All in all, it's a great time to get good deals, but not a good time to purchase vehicles especially those manufactured specifically during or near the festive season.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd October 2019 at 08:44. Reason: Removing additional spacing
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:25   #3555

Dear owners,

How much time does it take for RC book in Bangalore to come and what is the mode of delivery?

What documents do we need to carry when we are yet to get RC book.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks