Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:10   #3556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I got interiors and exteriors for 25k. Some offer they had on. With 5 years warranty on external and 6 months, internal.
Wow that's great because my guy is charging 40k for 3 layer with a 2 year warranty. I did check elsewhere and the quote is more or less the same. This is Ceramic Pro specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
....When I questioned my SA about this basic kit, he mentioned that out of this list, Sill Plate comes with the car and that amount will be deducted in the final invoice.
Mud flap and sill plate I think is standard in GTX+. Divinity, perfume they gave it as complimentary. Mobile charger etc I have it already.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd October 2019 at 10:18. Reason: Back to back posts
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:15   #3557
ADB
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Wow that's great because my guy is charging 40k for 3 layer with a 2 year warranty. I did check elsewhere and the quote is more or less the same. This is Ceramic Pro specifically.
Yes, ceramic pro is expensive; mostly because of the brand name. You can check out “detailing devils”. They have outlets in most cities. That’s where I got it done. People I know have used them before and have been satisfied with the shine and quality, even after a couple of years.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 09:29   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rd View Post
Dear owners,

How much time does it take for RC book in Bangalore to come and what is the mode of delivery?

What documents do we need to carry when we are yet to get RC book.
Apparently, the dealer has to upload a confirmation of number plate fitment on the vehicle. Only after that the RTO prints and dispatches the card to the registered address. My car was registered with RTO on 30th Sep and the number plates were fitted on 19th Oct. I am still waiting for the RC card.

My SA asked me to carry all documents (originals) that I received during delivery until I have the RC.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:03   #3559
Senior - BHPian

Lokhandwala couple pay for new car, get rusted display car instead.

This is in today's newspaper. The dealer is Shreenath Kia.

Kamble and his wife, Priyanka performed a pooja of the car outside the showroom. But on inspection, the couple found a number of problems. "There was a dent on the car, the interior was not covered in plastic, the disc brakes around the tyres were rusted, and there was fungal growth on the floorboard under the carpet. It looked nothing like a new car. I demanded a fresh piece, but was denied," Kamble said.

On the other hand, Derrick Goveas, Vice President, Shreenath Motors, said, "We were not in touch with Kamble — the entire deal was routed through Addis Marketing. The car was allotted keeping the delivery date in mind. It is not a demo car, it is a display car. No KIA rule says that I cannot sell a display car."

When hundreds of people come to check the car, fidgit with the everything inside out, soil the upholstery etc etc. Is dealer allowed to sell the display Car without buyer's consent???

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/lok...stead/21957178
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 23rd October 2019 at 10:08.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:14   #3560
BHPian

1. Mid day is a tabloid
2. Didn't they do the PDI?

3. Rust on disc brakes is common
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:34   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

On the other hand, Derrick Goveas, Vice President, Shreenath Motors, said, "We were not in touch with Kamble — the entire deal was routed through Addis Marketing. The car was allotted keeping the delivery date in mind. It is not a demo car, it is a display car. No KIA rule says that I cannot sell a display car."

When hundreds of people come to check the car, fidgit with the everything inside out, soil the upholstery etc etc. Is dealer allowed to sell the display Car without buyer's consent???

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/lok...stead/21957178
Sad state of affairs, I must say.
Look at that nonsensical reply by the dealership. Yes agreed KIA doesn’t restrict sale of a display car but, shouldn’t it be like new? No plastics wraps, soiled interiors, dents hmm..looks like a sale from license raj days.
New brand, instant success and then same old story of a uninformed customer being taken for a ride. Let’s see if KIA does something here.
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:35   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, ceramic pro is expensive; mostly because of the brand name. You can check out “detailing devils”. They have outlets in most cities. That’s where I got it done. People I know have used them before and have been satisfied with the shine and quality, even after a couple of years.
Thanks! Don't see detailing devils anymore in Bangalore, it days permanently closed
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:05   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why would the buyer take delivery of vehicle without PDI? The callous attitude of the dealership is worrying.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:10   #3564
BHPian

I have booked HTK+. Any pointers if I can update front and rear silver garnish with chrome which is present in upper models?
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:11   #3565
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Don't see detailing devils anymore in Bangalore, it days permanently closed

I suggest you call and check with the head office guys. Here is the number: +91 9555695695. I had called them to chat before leaving my car with the Gurgaon franchise, and they were quite helpful. Just to get comfortable as leaving a brand new cars parked somewhere else, along with the keys, is not that easy

Last edited by ADB : 23rd October 2019 at 11:13.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:38   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Out of this list, only the sill plate and mud flaps come with the GTX+.
Quote:

Mud flap and sill plate I think is standard in GTX+. Divinity, perfume they gave it as complimentary. Mobile charger etc I have it already.
Thanks, this helps Have to be careful with these dealers, they can make fool out you..
When I went to check car colours parked in their service area, I saw them doing a wrap for one of the car which was getting ready for delivery. They said, it will cost around 90K for entire exterior excluding bonnet and if you opt for 3M, it will be somewhere around 2lac I just wonder, though I don't have much knowledge on this wraps/coatings and the brands to choose from. Is he making sense here

Last edited by navin : 23rd October 2019 at 12:44. Reason: more than 2 smileys used
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:29   #3567

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Do not go by the MID figures - the error could be very huge for short distances.

Yes, I do agree with you, and as I have mentioned earlier, I am keeping a tab on FE, so that I can inform forum members here, as I observe them!

My next tank fill is quite a way off still, as it is still some 330 Kms to go! I always fill Tank full!

Next, on a more conservative thought process, one should NOT go by FE at new stages of a car, as the mechanicals, driver - car drive pattern, etc, etc, take a tad of time to settle in, thus figuratively, only after say minimum 1st / 2nd Service, you can start getting realistic measurements- just IMHO!

Cheers and ride safe!
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:17   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Want to share an experience as it might help fellow Seltos owners.
On Sunday evening my TPMS started blinking with the left rear tyre showing a pressure of 29psi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
A similar thing is happening with my Seltos also. \
I had shared a similar experience earlier on this thread. Although I did had the puncture. What the TPMS in Seltos requires is for PSI to go over ~38PSI once which takes care of the error in that tyre, and then you can bring it back to the desired 33psi. Similarly the message only comes after the air pressure in any particular tyre drops to 29psi or lower. so the no-error range is 30psi+, but to get rid of the error it has to go beyond once ~38psi with the car being switched on.

Also note the PSI varies as per temperature, so keeping the car at a minimum of 33psi is advised to avoid falling to the 29psi range in winters and having to deal with the error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
The sturdy hood has taken the impact quite well as the deformation does not appear nasty. I feel the headlamps not giving up and the calibration of the airbag deployment threshold/sensitivity to not activate for an impact of such height, angle and intensity saved you a lot of trouble that night.

May I request you to share costs of the following from the breakdown you've got from the A.S.S, when you get a chance?
- Hood
- Under-hood insulation cladding (if the part is listed separately)
Yes indeed the height, the angle and the intensity of impact resulted in no-airbags which did save me a lot of trouble that night. The LED lights though cost a bomb, were completely usable for the rest of the trip, which also was great.

The Hood is indeed quite heavy and they managed to re-use the insulation cladding on the new hood. Only the hinges and other related parts had to be replaced. All the badges were also fine and reused off the old parts. I wasn't given a copy of the bill (insurance), but was able to look at it.

The total cost of hood, related parts, and paint labour was I think (8+1+6.5)~16k plus taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Do not go by the MID figures - the error could be very huge for short distances.

Please do a tankful approach measurement and share the numbers when you get the time.

I think AGwagon did a similar test on Hector DCT and the MID showed 7+ while the reality was 4+ and he ended up buying the Seltos Diesel Auto...
I have been seeing that even the cumulative MID readings in each tankful even after having driven 200km+ do not settle down and are giving readings closer to the real time FE. Which leads me to believe that the MID readings on the tank-full may be quite varied and inaccurate. I am managing a 14kmpl on tankful method in city B2B driving on my Diesel AT.

Quote:
I suggest you call and check with the head office guys. Here is the number: +91 9555695695. I had called them to chat before leaving my car with the Gurgaon franchise, and they were quite helpful. Just to get comfortable as leaving a brand new cars parked somewhere else, along with the keys, is not that easy
I had a couple of questions. Firstly, would a coating on the interior ventilated seats not effect their functioning filling up the pores. How does it work?

Also the high-end ceramic coating seems to take a lot of time to cure properly after application (ceramic pro gives care instructions for first week after application), is is recommended by detailing devils as well?

How did you end-up choosing them over the other alternatives available in Delhi/GGN?
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:51   #3569
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I had a couple of questions. Firstly, would a coating on the interior ventilated seats not effect their functioning filling up the pores. How does it work?

Also the high-end ceramic coating seems to take a lot of time to cure properly after application (ceramic pro gives care instructions for first week after application), is is recommended by detailing devils as well?

How did you end-up choosing them over the other alternatives available in Delhi/GGN?
Let me try answering these one by one:
- yes, they actually refused to do coating on the seats due to them being ventilated. So basically, only the trims were coated (dash, door etc. ), no polishing etc.

- curing for their product takes 48 hours to 60 hours. I kept my car with them for 3 days in total for the process and curing to be complete. Instructions were given post that as well but basic ones : wash with water before using a cloth, using microfibre cloth (they gave 2 specific ones), shampooing once a month (they gave me a shampoo as well)

- I went with them as they were much cheaper (25k vs 80k for a 5 year warranty) and I know people who have got ceramic done with them. These people have had their cars looking like new for the 2 years they have had them. So I didn’t want to spend that much, as their results were satisfactory.

One more thing - every year you take the car back to them and they check for any inconsistency / loss in shine. If so, they reapply in that area / fix it for free. This is applicable as per the number of years of warranty you buy.
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:58   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is pathetic.
Yes they can sell a display car, but only after letting the customer know about it. Typically they are sold at discounted price and the customer is aware what to expect.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks