Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2019, 00:44   #3421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I am not a potential Seltos buyer but am I reading this right ??

Are you saying brokers are getting the cars quicker from KIA ?? I am really surprised that it is happening in the age of information where transparency is the word of the day ! If this is true are these brokers operating in all parts of India and for every other manufacturer ??

If you don't mind can you share the " commission " he/ she charges ?
Actually he’s also into car financing and insurance and he’s not getting cars quicker than other customers, just because he has actual bulk booking through him to the dealer he’s able to give us better deals. Like he has managed to let his booking buy own insurance thru him, my insurance cost was 39k only compared to dealers offer of 70-72k. And I also took finance for my car @ 7.90%

Finally got delivery of both my Seltos this afternoon. Mine silver GTX+DCT and brothers grey GTX+MT.

Overall good delivery experience though a bit time consuming. Got delivery in the service centre rather than showroom as showroom has only 1 delivery bay and we were taking 2 cars together.

Got a welcome kit which had a box of chocolates, a hamper having a pen, a keychain and a non slip mat for mobile phone.

Bought the diamond pattern carpet mats for my car @ ₹1771, looks decent IMO.

This was my first time owning an Automatic so was getting used to it the whole day, drove just around 10-12 kms and the FE was showing only 7kmpl. I hope it improves.

Otherwise cars refinement level is pretty good. The power delivery is linear in Normal mode and really picks up in Sports mode, didn’t try Eco mode in city conditions today.

Tomorrow will be a regular day with my car to my works and back which is mostly highway driving and some country side roads, looking forward to it performing in my natural habitat

Attaching some pics here.

PS:- Bid good bye to my Ecosport also today. Will miss her surely
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-d5d2f05ed53e4fdabc24d7aaf6d5d70c.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-0c985057e7d645b4813860868461413e.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-29d97dd4dd7c46fdb0c11d9271465927.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-7347493e0c374d819fcbedeec1a4f28d.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-de1d85963dd847d4855850ca8e2c8066.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-162dd0b258254d2fb9da738a4b826bb8.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-f5b4382cbcf04ec5ab29921a1fd3f06b.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th October 2019 at 11:26. Reason: Merging back to back posts and spacing for improved readability
sidenzo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 07:45   #3422
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

See what I achieved yesterday, driving in Normal mode.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191017_071200.jpg  

biplab3110 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 09:06   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
May I know which dealer in Bangalore are you referring here. I have done my booking with the dealer near Lalbagh road....
Mine is JSP ORR. That reminds me to chase him!
Old 18th October 2019, 09:22   #3424
BHPian

Could anyone kindly confirm if the controls on the driver side armrest are backlit?
On our HTX, only the driver window control is backlit and the rest aren't. It's painful to operate at night.
dhruvagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 10:41   #3425
BHPian

After almost a month of ownership I would like report on some issues I'm facing with my Kia:
  • Front windshield gets fogged up easily because there is a leak in the defogger. I have to turn the heater on and wait for some time to get this cleared.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191017_195437.jpg
  • Whistling sound from the front suspension when it falls on big potholes. Got it checked from the service center, they said some nut from front suspension was slightly loose and tightened it, not sure whether that fixed it though.
  • Headlight gets fogged up, have only seen this once, but it seems to be a common issue.
  • Sound from the rear parcel tray. Maybe this is not there for higher models with the rear seat split. Please note that mine is the HTK+ variant.
  • Music gets stuck in between when playing via Bluetooth, heard there is a new update for the system, need to check with my dealer.
  • MID showed incorrect reading, this happened last time I refuelled. MID initially showed 58 Kms remaining, I added 7L diesel, it still showed 58 Kms and kept on increasing in small rate, after driving for like 20 Kms it showed 90 remaining. But note that the analog showed correct fuel remaining.

All these issues are minor issues, and I still prefer Kia over its competitors (Don't like to call it Seltos, they should have come up with something better).
binoyyj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 11:29   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessme View Post
Thats fantastic. However I read in the manual of KIA somewhere that during run in period. The car should not be driven on constant rpm for long which would be the case if you keep it on cruise control for long drive.
Yes, if you check my previous posts(I have quoted my relevant previous post in every update) I have mentioned that within running in period I didn't maintain any speed for long and varied the rpms, now it's at 3000+ and honeymoon period over..

Here's what the manual says

Vehicle break-in process

No special break-in period is needed.

By following a few simple precautions for the first 1,000 km (600 miles) you may add to the performance, economy and life of your vehicle.

Do not race the engine.

While driving, keep your engine speed (rpm, or revolutions per minute) between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.

Do not maintain a single speed for long periods of time, either fast or slow. Varying engine speed is needed to properly break-in the engine.

Avoid hard stops, except in emergencies, to allow the brakes to seat properly.

Don't tow a trailer during the first 2,000 km (1,200 miles) of operation.
Old 18th October 2019, 11:32   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal View Post
Could anyone kindly confirm if the controls on the driver side armrest are backlit?
On our HTX, only the driver window control is backlit and the rest aren't. It's painful to operate at night.
I thought only HTK+ and lower variants have only driver window switch backlit. Surprised to see even higher variants don't have all backlit.
Yes, even I am finding difficult to operate in night, my 2012 Punto had all switches backlit.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 11:57   #3428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
Sound from the rear parcel tray. Maybe this is not there for higher models with the rear seat split. Please note that mine is the HTK+ variant.
[*]MID showed incorrect reading, this happened last time I refuelled. MID initially showed 58 Kms remaining, I added 7L diesel, it still showed 58 Kms and kept on increasing in small rate, after driving for like 20 Kms it showed 90 remaining. But note that the analog showed correct fuel remaining.
Try this to get rid of the sound from the parcel tray:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3845643 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))

Happens in my car at times. The digital full bar take times to update. If you fill the tank when the car running, this will happen. Try refueling when the car is off. The digital display will show the correct reading when the car is started.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 12:58   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Latest price list of the Kia Seltos in Chennai:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20191018-12.57.36-pm.png

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 18th October 2019 at 13:00.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 13:43   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
I thought only HTK+ and lower variants have only driver window switch backlit. Surprised to see even higher variants don't have all backlit.
Yes, even I am finding difficult to operate in night, my 2012 Punto had all switches backlit.
Yes even i found this out yesterday after taking delivery of the vehicle. Never took TD at night time so didnt notice before. Very cheap on Kia's part. For a car costing 19L OTR you don't expect all this nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
After almost a month of ownership I would like report on some issues I'm facing with my Kia:
  • Front windshield gets fogged up easily because there is a leak in the defogger. I have to turn the heater on and wait for some time to get this cleared.
  • Sound from the rear parcel tray. Maybe this is not there for higher models with the rear seat split. Please note that mine is the HTK+ variant.
Even i faced this problem yesterday, will get it checked up during first service. It happens only at night though maybe because of low ambient temperature as compared to day time.

I have a strange rattle from passenger side rear area, it comes on even when passing over small potholes or sometimes even while turning the vehicle at a decent speed or crossing over a speed breaker. Need to find out where it comes from.
sidenzo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 14:34   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post

I have still not received any documentation towards my car's ext. warranty. On the day of delivery the SA said a card will arrive by post - it has not, yet.

Has anybody received documentation about their extended warranty? Please could you share here, if you have?
I took delivery of my car on the 28th and have been chasing the dealer for the same. Yesterday happened to be there at the showroom so asked him to give it to me then and there, to which he showed me the list for all the ones they have billed Kia already and provided me the copy of the invoice. The rest he mentioned will be done by Kia (sending the EW card, etc) he assured me that the central system is already recognizing that my car has a EW package so not to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Finally got my Red GTX+ DCT delivered today at Narra Kia motors!! Love the car. I don't personally feel it as an upgrade as I come from XUV but refinement wise it's excellent.

Few initial impressions of a production version:

3. Ride quality is much better than XUV but still not the best, u feel all the undulations. Tyre pressure was set to 49 when I took the delivery and then reduced it to 33, not a world of difference per se but somewhat better
4. Did not like the seats, XUVs bucket seats were quite amazing to be honest, would have liked a bit more wider seats. It is also really spongy, not good for long drives
5. SA tried to show me the super cool remote start features and it failed all the 5 times. He finally said "sir it takes 15-20 mins to sync after installing UVO app and pairing it with the car" and I said sure
6. Overall a pleasent experience. Would have like atleast some chocolates though but got some not so fresh cookies, no complaints anyways
Congratulations on the new ride!

I am coming from the XUV as well and I agree with your observations. Although I appreciate the auto transmission and driving ease over the lack of comparable space from the XUV.

I have completed 1300km on my diesel AT with 33Psi now and I have started to notice the suspension is noticeably more compliant and comfortable. Give it time and you would start to feel the same.

Also while the XUV front seats were just fabulous and especially with the lumbar support, I do appreciate the ventilated function of Kia greatly, I am sure you would love this in next summers (I had the opportunity to use this in the ending summer season this year). I also have driven the Kia for 5 hours straight and I had nothing to complain, so don't worry.

The UVO remote I have now used many times and realized the speed and consistency is only linked to the cell data connection at both ends. If it is good, it performs flawlessly and under a minute, if the connection is poor the app just keeps hanging and ends with an error. I haven't though used this feature even once meaningfully. What I do use extensively is the vehicle status tab, to just check on the new car!

The dealer did give me a box of car shaped chocolates and a box from Kia containing a keychain, pen, and a branded anti-slip mat for dashboard.

Quote:
No they aren't. But I have seen this as standard practice on many manufacturers now. Frankly, I do not feel the need for it as well, given one can locate wrt to the position of the driver side switch
AGwagon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 14:55   #3432
BHPian

Picked up my GTX DCT Petrol today. During the delivery was asked to install UVO app, named "UVO India". Since I use iPhone, team tried finding it on Apple App Store but can't.

There is one app named "UVO" from Kia but it's not able to connect with car. Is anybody using UVO with iPhone ? Kia team suggested to switch to Android :-(

Update : Checked my app store account. Since it's aligned to USA, it's not showing India specific apps. This seems to be the app for ios : https://apps.apple.com/in/app/kia-uv...a/id1476228232

Last edited by abhidube : 18th October 2019 at 15:03.
Old 18th October 2019, 15:16   #3433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post

There is one app named "UVO" from Kia but it's not able to connect with car. Is anybody using UVO with iPhone ? Kia team suggested to switch to Android :-(

Update : Checked my app store account. Since it's aligned to USA, it's not showing India specific apps. This seems to be the app for ios : https://apps.apple.com/in/app/kia-uv...a/id1476228232
The app of the App store does say KIA UVO India but according to the reviews, people are unable to connect with the car using that app. I haven't received the car yet, so unable to test it.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 15:19   #3434
BHPian

Switched country to India and able to install. Will try again later in the day and will update the thread.
Old 18th October 2019, 15:40   #3435
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Switched country to India and able to install. Will try again later in the day and will update the thread.
I have been using UVO since day 1, on my iPhone (10 days ago is when I received the car) and the UVO app on the Apple store works perfectly. Attaching a screenshot. I guess the region selected was the issue (US App Store instead of Indian).
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fea8bfe0980244bf91e0ee3644bf796b.png  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks