Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2019, 10:49   #3406
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Anyone has the Kia helpline no.? Online it redirects to the RSA no. Which asks for VIN no to proceed. Helpless here
This is what the IVR says when I dial 1800 108 5000 -
1 for Sales
2 for RSA
3 for Service
4 for UVO Connect

Try connecting to their Sales. They might be able to assist.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 16:04   #3407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Thanks a lot for the tip. Have sent them the quote I got and told them that they should match it, or allow me to take from outside. Otherwise, I said I would cancel. Frankly, I am fine with canceling, as I am honestly fed up . Will get the final resolution tomorrw.
Why should you cancel? Tell them to connect you with the regional sales manager. When you meet him, tell her/him that you will escalate it to the highest level possible in Kia through registered post for the dealers indulging in such unfair activities. Also, tell the dealer/insurance DSA that you will escalate it to the insurance ombudsman. Watch them fall in line.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th October 2019 at 16:05. Reason: typo
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 16:43   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
but both of my bookings is through a broker which has booked a good amount of cars with Kia so he's getting this preferential treatment. And the owners of this particular Kia dealer has other brand showrooms also where my broker is a regular.
I am not a potential Seltos buyer but am I reading this right ??

Are you saying brokers are getting the cars quicker from KIA ?? I am really surprised that it is happening in the age of information where transparency is the word of the day ! If this is true are these brokers operating in all parts of India and for every other manufacturer ??

If you don't mind can you share the " commission " he/ she charges ?
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 16:46   #3409
BHPian

Guys, I read this in one of the FB posts - a good catch I must say. What is your opinion? Are we being taken for a ride by the dealers?

As per the KIA website, KMI provides 3yrs/unlimited warranty.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kia3yr.jpg

And, they mention this, importantly, under "What is not covered" -

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaext.jpg

Now, what is this extended warranty that I/we have purchased from the dealer for the 4th & 5th year?

I have still not received any documentation towards my car's ext. warranty. On the day of delivery the SA said a card will arrive by post - it has not, yet.

When I called it out on phone when the CC called after 3 days of delivery for feedback, they said they'll look into it - I haven't received an update.

All this seems to me that the extended warranty is provided solely by the dealer and is not endorsed by KMI.
What happens in case an expensive part needs replacement in the 4th year. I can already imagine the dealer getting devious in serving this ext. warranty in such cases.

Has anybody received documentation about their extended warranty? Please could you share here, if you have?

Last edited by dksv : 17th October 2019 at 17:05.
dksv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 19:19   #3410
BHPian

Was just standing besides a Seltos GTX DCT a few minutes back at a traffic signal and have to say, the car was dead silent. No sound or vibrations whatsoever!

Gave a to the owner for his choice and got one back as well!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 17th October 2019 at 19:20.
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 19:53   #3411
Distinguished - BHPian

S Korean made Seltos to debut in Australia on 25th Oct.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-108ca982kiaseltosaustralia25.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-085bbbbakiaseltos2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2df3814dkiaseltosaustralia37.jpg

Quote:
buyers will be able to purchase the Seltos in either S, Sport, Sport+, and GT Line guises. Both the S, Sport, and Sport+ front-wheel drive models feature a 2.0-liter four-cylinder MPI Atkinson cycle engine that produces 147 hp (110 kW) and 132 lb-ft (180 Nm) of torque.

Further up in the range are the Sport+ and GT Line models with all-wheel drive and a 1.6T-GDI engine mated to a seven-speed dual clutch transmission. These models have 174 hp (130 kW) and 195 lb-ft (265 Nm) of torque.
Quote:
Prices for the Kia Seltos S start at AU$25,990 and rise to AU$41,990 for the range-topping GT Line. Kia will offer a AU$1,000 safety pack for the S and Sport models. This pack includes autonomous emergency braking, Advanced Smart Cruise Control, Driver Attention Alert+, electronic parking brake, electric folding mirrors, auto up and down driver’s window, and 15-inch rear disc brakes
The starting price for the Kia Seltos makes it AU$6,000 more expensive than the smaller Venue from sister company Hyundai.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th October 2019 at 19:54.
Old 17th October 2019, 20:04   #3412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I am not a potential Seltos buyer but am I reading this right ??

Are you saying brokers are getting the cars quicker from KIA ?? I am really surprised that it is happening in the age of information where transparency is the word of the day ! If this is true are these brokers operating in all parts of India and for every other manufacturer ??

If you don't mind can you share the " commission " he/ she charges ?
Anything that has demand, there seem to be middlemen finding ways to make money :(. Wonder if they do any dummy booking which they divert later to actual buyers or it all works on notional booking, where even the sales people get some kick back!
Old 17th October 2019, 20:09   #3413
BHPian

I got the news yesterday that the red 1.4 DCT GTX + plus that I had booked is in transit and will reach Cochin this weekend. The dealer wanted payment ASAP as they would want to bill the car. The fund is being arranged and I am hoping to do the PDI soon. Expecting to get the car by October last week.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 20:24   #3414
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Guys, I read this in one of the FB posts - a good catch I must say. What is your opinion? Are we being taken for a ride by the dealers?
If you search online, on the Kia official website - you will find a link for extended warranty. It also has the prices mentioned. I purchased a GTX+ DCT and was charged 23,877 instead of 23,985 for unlimited kms 4th and 5th year mentioned here.

Even my SA said that extended warranty card will come next month.

Link: https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html

Last edited by ADB : 17th October 2019 at 20:27. Reason: Forgot to close quote.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 20:40   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
If you search online, on the Kia official website - you will find a link for extended warranty. It also has the prices mentioned. I purchased a GTX+ DCT and was charged 23,877 instead of 23,985 for unlimited kms 4th and 5th year mentioned here.

Even my SA said that extended warranty card will come next month.

Link: https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html
Phew! This link is not readily available from the navigation menus as far as I can see. I appreciate you were able to find it. Thank you very much.
Old 17th October 2019, 20:59   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
This is what the IVR says when I dial 1800 108 5000 -
1 for Sales
2 for RSA
3 for Service
4 for UVO Connect

Try connecting to their Sales. They might be able to assist.
Thanks mate, it worked. The call center spokeswoman said that even the online booking amount will be refunded by the concerned dealer itself and not Kia. So guess I'm back to following up with the dealer. I'll update once I get the refunds back.
Old 17th October 2019, 21:46   #3417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Correction, 2000kms in 29 days, 2500 in 30 days
3500 Kms update on my 47 days old HTK plus petrol MT.

My last highway run was bit dramatic with astonishing fuel efficiency figures., MID displayed 21.9 kmpl which was just unbelievable, initially I was surprised and slowly started to think maybe there's something wrong, immediately refueled till auto cutoff to check tankful to tankful and calculation resulted in 19.6kmpl.

With mixed emotions finished my drive and refueled again to check & got 19.1 kmpl, managed speeds around 100 & occasional *beeps* speed, but no sudden acceleration or braking as usual, used cruise control for almost 80% of the drive.

Car is running smooth, no issues so far (touch wood), driving dynamics impresses me everytime on highway run, an almost 90 degree corner at a very good speed was handled well and im sure both the wheels were lifted for a second or so, wouldnt dare to repeat, Kumho tyre wet grip levels are average, planning to change the tyres soon.

In the farm, on the tractor tyre tracks and slush, the tyres spin & sway a lot when driven alone, but handled well with full passengers and luggage, ground clearance combined with balanced suspension is a boon on bad roads.

Accessories update:

2 of the KIA accessories failed miserably, 1st is the seat covers fit & finish & 2nd the door visors, rain water seeps in from the gap on top of the visor which defeats the purpose of it (design fault?), have to do some jugaad for that..

Car has not gone even for 1 wash from the date of delivery, just body wipes with waterless wash, even KIA's service center wash bay is not ready yet, will plan for a foam wash & wax sometime this week, car is a dust magnet.

IMHO, this is one of the best looking cross over, the clean subtle design lines grow on you, you'll never stop admiring when its parked

Some random pics of the recent trip.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_073302.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191017_10592701.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191017_10595801.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_18223001_1571327508411.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_17440101.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_11030101.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_10320501.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_07075702.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191016_07085001.jpg
Don Dasco is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 23:16   #3418

Persons going for extended warranty, I have a bit of suggestion. You can go for this extra 2 years of warranty any time before 3 years' company warranty ends and by paying 2000-3000 rupees more. That's what I have followed. And as far as the document of extended warranty concerned, you will get it in 15-20 days from the date of delivery and it is dealer driven. However, you will find it mentioned in the delivery checklist. Here, the extended warranty price is 20,235 rupees.
seasoned_rubber is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 23:41   #3419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
3500 Kms update on my 47 days old HTK plus petrol MT.

My last highway run was bit dramatic..]
Thats fantastic. However I read in the manual of KIA somewhere that during run in period. The car should not be driven on constant rpm for long which would be the case if you keep it on cruise control for long drive.
Old 17th October 2019, 23:44   #3420
BHPian

Finally got my Red GTX+ DCT delivered today at Narra Kia motors!! Love the car. I don't personally feel it as an upgrade as I come from XUV but refinement wise it's excellent.

Few initial impressions of a production version:

1. Super smooth transmission love it
2. Really good and linear power( I'm spoiled by XUV torque so I needed something decent atleast)
3. Ride quality is much better than XUV but still not the best, u feel all the undulations. Tyre pressure was set to 49 when I took the delivery and then reduced it to 33, not a world of difference per se but somewhat better
4. Did not like the seats, XUVs bucket seats were quite amazing to be honest, would have liked a bit more wider seats. It is also really spongy, not good for long drives
5. SA tried to show me the super cool remote start features and it failed all the 5 times. He finally said "sir it takes 15-20 mins to sync after installing UVO app and pairing it with the car" and I said sure
6. Overall a pleasent experience. Would have like atleast some chocolates though but got some not so fresh cookies, no complaints anyways

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191017_182818.jpg

Will post more pics shortly

Last edited by springisking : 17th October 2019 at 23:54.
springisking is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed