Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:47   #3106
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^

If you or any other owner of the Seltos can provide the following information, it will be really helpful -
How are the headlights? I could not check in my test drives.
How is the NVH at higher speeds, particularly the road noise and wind noise?
Did you take extended warranty? The dealership here was not very clear on that.
What is the service interval?
The headlight are very bright. No issues on that. Put it on Auto in the evening and the lights will take care of themselves.

The NVH is very good. Negligible road or wind noise. The only thing you hear in the cabin is sweet thrum of the Turbo petrol engine, which is absolutely non intrusive.

I have taken extended warranty from the dealer. Cant buy a Rs19L car without it.

Service intervals are as follows:
1st Service - 1000km or 1 month - FREE
2nd Service - 5000km or 6 months - FREE
3rd Service - 10000km or 1 year - FREE
Then onwards, it is paid service every 10000km or 1 year

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd October 2019 at 10:03. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
biplab3110 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:50   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
16+ kmpl in Mumbai in the DCT is amazing to hear! Your commute time suggests this was an early morning drive without the traffic...

I have booked the Seltos Diesel AT and seriously considering the DCT after reading your mileage numbers. Can you share how efficient the car is in bumper to bumper trafffic, especially in the evening grind of SCLR? (My office too is in Kalina and 90% of our travel route is the same as I stay at Mulund.)
Yes, I am an early commuter, both ways. That is why my benchmark is 20 to 22kmpl on way to office and 18 to 20kmpl on my way back, with my Rapid Diesel. I rarely drive in bumper to bumper traffic.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:13   #3108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Yes, I am an early commuter, both ways. That is why my benchmark is 20 to 22kmpl on way to office and 18 to 20kmpl on my way back, with my Rapid Diesel. I rarely drive in bumper to bumper traffic.
Thanks! If you happen to drive in bumper to bumper traffic, then do let me know the numbers.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:14   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
2000 KM update : in 30 days ~1850 driven by me, rest by friends.
Correction, 2000kms in 29 days, 2500 in 30 days

Drove 500 kms yesterday including a good stretch of offroading path made only for tractors and its no fun because of the tyres, no complaints, anyway this car is not made for those paths, carried approx 120 kilos of luggage in boot along with 4 passengers and no issues with ground clearance even on bad roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

I had also got the air to 35, but I guess will get it further reduced to 33 and see how that feels.

To turn off the horn beep when you lock/unlock you can keep the lock and unlock key together depressed for 10 seconds, the car will blink twice and voilla the quiet mode is activated. No more honks! Learnt the trick yesterday.
I change the pressure on every long drive depending on the load, solo- 33 psi, with passengers- 35, with passengers + luggage - 37.

Thank you for the tip on switching off the siren, it took couple off tries to switch it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Understand from one of the Seltos forums that the beep can be turned off. It was done at the service centre from the key fob itself. You may like to check this.
Yes, AGWagon pointed out the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Just asking a lame question, can you take Seltos GTX+ DCT to say Leh or Spiti Valley or Jim Corbet etc? I always have had this dream of driving from Bangalore to these places and more to places like Bhutan etc.

Do you need a 4*4 mandatorily or a Seltos DCT with limited drive modes(which I know means nothing really!) would be able to drive to most of these places?
There would be no problem, even I'm planning for leh from Bangalore sometime early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^

If you or any other owner of the Seltos can provide the following information, it will be really helpful -
How are the headlights? I could not check in my test drives.
How is the NVH at higher speeds, particularly the road noise and wind noise?
Did you take extended warranty? The dealership here was not very clear on that.
What is the service interval?
Let me answer this, I have driven and GTX in the night, the LEDs are good enough with good throw and doesn't need any upgrade IMO.

NVHs are contained very well, good year tyre noise is much lower than of Kumho in HTKs, I heard they are giving different tyres in GTX in different region, I'm not sure about that.

Extended warranty is optional, you can buy later too but maybe at a premium cost.

Service interval: 1k, 5k, 10k & every 10k here after.

Congratulations for the new owners, welcome to the club,

For Bangalore owners, there's a WA group, PM me if interested to be part of it.

Some pics of my drive.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191002_191808.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191003_100257.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191003_100340.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191003_100316.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191003095712_video-player.jpg

Last edited by Don Dasco : 3rd October 2019 at 10:34.
Don Dasco is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:55   #3110
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Seltos has a really bright DRL. I see many users are using only the DRLs in the City, at night, and not switching on low-beam. Even the XUV 300 users do this!
Great observation! I saw a few of them in Chennai doing exactly the same and was wondering why.

Speaking of DRLs, here is a neat featurette on the exterior and interior lights of the Seltos from Kia Australia. Looks like Seltos is being launched in Australia this month.

REN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:23   #3111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me answer this, I have driven and GTX in the night, the LEDs are good enough with good throw and doesn't need any upgrade IMO.
Thanks for the regular updates on your car. I am considering the HTK/HTK+ variants and have couple of queries about the Seltos which is difficult to judge during a TD. Can you help?

1. How do the halogen projectors perform in day to day use? Are they effective in the rains? Are the projector fog lamps effective? Can you please share some pictures taken at night?

2. Have you faced any issue with the ICE so far?

Regards,
Ashis
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:49   #3112
BHPian

Does the HTE's music player have a USB port for pendrives?
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:28   #3113
BHPian

KIA outshine's it's rivals, second month in a row!

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-seltos-...yobFyunEA64njk

Last edited by John : 3rd October 2019 at 13:34.
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:57   #3114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
1. How do the halogen projectors perform in day to day use? Are they effective in the rains? Are the projector fog lamps effective? Can you please share some pictures taken at night?

2. Have you faced any issue with the ICE so far?
Off lately in the city I dont switch on the headlamps at night, DRL's are good enough, both in city & on highways the halogens are good enough unless you go against oncoming traffic with their high-beams, fog lamps are functional & helps to identify the potholes nearby in crawling traffic in rain, but all my friends who drove this car at night suggested for LED upgrades but I dont feel the need, so its safe to say that lighting is individual preference.

No issues with ICE so far, sound levels are good enough too, I like the physical buttons around the screen in HTK variants which doesn't need much of attention to operate.
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:25   #3115
BHPian

Finally a GTX+ DCT in flesh

momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:46   #3116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Great video, thanks for sharing !

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20191003-2.44.33-pm.png

^ My favourite line from the video was;

" Fuel Tank bhi aapko yahan par mil jaata hai "

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd October 2019 at 14:47.
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:16   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off lately in the city I dont switch on the headlamps at night, DRL's are good enough, both in city & on highways ...
IIRC DRLs dont light up the tail lamps, which are absolutely crucial for night travelling. If this is the case, you are putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk which is not saving anything except slight wear and tear of a bulb. I suggest you to at least put on the pilot lamps.

There is an ongoing thread on team-bhp on this very topic.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:24   #3118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

" Fuel Tank bhi aapko yahan par mil jaata hai "

Do check out the latest lineup of such videos on the net. "Sab ko Sab kuch Mil Jata hai har jagah"

From Wipers to Mats to steering wheel to seats to some even going to the limit of doors.
They just walk into a showroom and start the "mil jata hai" thing on the first display car.

Try searching for a new fortuner review. You'll be in splits!
I'm sure you're gonna take quite a few pointers for your upcoming videos. "G-Wagon mein saamne mercedes ka logo bhi aapko mil jata hai"!!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 3rd October 2019 at 16:28.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:42   #3119
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a chance to see the Seltos in flesh. It was a grey GTX+ petrol manual. And ironically, I was able to spot it right next to a Creta though it was the pre-facelift version.

Here are my thoughts on the road presence of the Seltos vis-a-vis the Creta-

1. The Creta 'appears' a bit taller and it perhaps is actually taller, but the difference is really minor and the minor difference is amplified due to the lesser width of the Creta vis-a-vis the Seltos.

2. The Seltos has a much better road presence due to the extra width. Mind you, on paper, the difference in width is only 20mm but on ground, the Seltos appears much more wide and substantive. Maybe the ORVMs of the cars play a part here.

3. When it comes to the front, the Seltos looks much better but the face-lifted Creta with its huge grill makes it appear more SUVish than the Seltos.

4. Overall, I personally wouldn't worry too much about the Seltos' road presence when compared to the Creta. It is right there with it, at least until the next-gen arrives with its 'grill' .

The cars were not parked parallel to each other but at an angle. Still, gives you an idea nonetheless-

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190930_141915.jpg

P.S.- Look at the height of that Wagon-R

Last edited by AYP : 3rd October 2019 at 16:55.
AYP is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:51   #3120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Thanks for the video but quite honestly he is quite irritating! He keeps repeating the same thing again and again and talks less about the car. And as someone mentioned loved the line "ab petrol tank yaha per mil jaati hai"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks