Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 21:18   #3046
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Wanted to update the thread by announcing that i have received a confirmed allocation for my 1.4 Petrol GTX+ DCT last weekend.

Have planned the delivery this Dussehra

Looking forward
Congrats, nice to hear that GTX+ DCT have finally come to Mumbai. Which dealer in Mumbai have you booked from by the way?
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 21:33   #3047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Good to hear more GTX+ DCTs rolling out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Congrats, nice to hear that GTX+ DCT have finally come to Mumbai.
Yes, as per my information the GTX+ DCT went into production around 21st September & dispatches started last week.

Similarly GTX+ Diesel A/T also has been in production around then (or just after) and should be on the way to dealers.

Quote:
Which colour did you book?
Glacier White Pearl.

Quote:
Which dealer in Mumbai have you booked from by the way?
Vapi, Gujarat.

Last edited by karan561 : 30th September 2019 at 21:40.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 21:50   #3048
BHPian

Whoever gets the gtx+ dct, do click the interior. I want to see the satisfaction of no missing buttons like most cars in India

I have one question. I have been trying to research regarding the interior illumination of Seltos during the night. Can somebody fetch a drivers door during the night?
Old 30th September 2019, 22:15   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to update the thread by announcing that i have received a confirmed allocation for my 1.4 Petrol GTX+ DCT last weekend.

Looking forward
Great; congrats. We're in Haryana and so far no word from dealership. We pre-booked the very first day
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 22:30   #3050
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, as per my information the GTX+ DCT went into production around 21st September & dispatches started last week.

Glacier White Pearl.
Hear only the white color has been dispatched. I have booked Red and the SA confirmed Red is not dispatched yet.
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 22:52   #3051
BHPian

I got a call from my Dealer asking if I wanted to take my White DCT GTX+. However, I am confused whether to buy this or go for Diesel. Please suggest.
Old 30th September 2019, 23:07   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I got a call from my Dealer asking if I wanted to take my White DCT GTX+. However, I am confused whether to buy this or go for Diesel. Please suggest.
DCT issues should take you towards the diesel , if the running is really low then opt for petrol DCT
Old 30th September 2019, 23:23   #3053
BHPian

Thanks Admins, for letting me part of this awesome community and fellow BHPians, for sharing your thoughts

I have been following this thread to decide on the variant to go for. With all your insights, suggestions and multiple TDs (bothering my SA). I have confirmed my booking for GTX+ DCT.

Per my recent call with my SA, they haven’t received any GTX+ DCT units yet and was hinting the waiting time for new bookings for this variant is now 3-4 months. Hope, they don't delay mine..

Quote:

Looking forward
Congrats Karan, looking forward for your first impressions

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2019 at 07:14. Reason: back to back posts merged
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 00:31   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
DCT issues should take you towards the diesel , if the running is really low then opt for petrol DCT
What's going to be more fun to drive?
Old 1st October 2019, 06:04   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
What's going to be more fun to drive?
The DCT will be more fun with seamless gearshifts
Old 1st October 2019, 09:28   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
2000 KM update : in 30 days ~1850 driven by me, rest by friends.

Car is running fine without any issues, bought some accessories based on needs, here's the list :
6) Tan Seat covers from KIA - Due to poor fit & finish, the dealership informed that they'll send an expert to fix the fitting at their cost, looks like they're following this thread closely but no complaints from my side yet.

What I Liked so far :
4) Balanced setup of suspension - Bad roads are handled well, I have reduced the tyre pressure to 33 from 35 which to me looks like sweet spot.

What I dislike (subjective) :
5) No gear indicator in the MID.
7) No option to turn off lock & unlock siren/beeps - its annoying when I arrive late to home or when leaving early.
Thank you for keeping us updated on your experiences. I have just started with mine, so learning new things everyday. So thought will share some here.

Good that Kia is listening and the dealer has agreed to fix the seat covers. No Gear indicator, unless you go into the sequential setting is something that bothers me as well.

I had also got the air to 35, but I guess will get it further reduced to 33 and see how that feels.

To turn off the horn beep when you lock/unlock you can keep the lock and unlock key together depressed for 10 seconds, the car will blink twice and voilla the quiet mode is activated. No more honks! Learnt the trick yesterday.

I have also managed to get the UVO connect activated and started using it. I am yet to mark geofences and time-fences on the app, to get notification on these triggers. I tried the remote start of the car from the app, and it worked every time (it only takes about 5-10 seconds depending on the network in your phone and the car). You can change the temperature and decide how long you want the car on between 2min-10min. As long as the car is slotted in P, you may not even need the H brake to be engaged to use this feature. The car status to get range, TPMS, etc. info is also quite nice to have.

The car voice recognition (button on the steering wheel) only works if the UVO connect is working. The range of commands only control the ACC, Nav and Phone. It does not have the other features which an MG has. I would have really liked to see some of them including turning the air purifier on or off!

The Air purifier has a perfume cassette next to it, you have to take it out and remove the 4 thin sealing strips to open the perfume cassette to be used and then place it back again. It will then work in tandem with the air purifier and cannot be switched off! The filter on the purifier needs to be cleaned after every 500 hours of use (as per the system). Unless it is quite murky outside, I generally keep the rear circulation and the air purifier off when driving alone.

Android Auto, works really well, although would have been nice to have a dedicated capacitive button for it. (I find it quite weird that there is no home button, even though you have 2 buttons - 'Map' & 'Nav', why 2 KIA?) you also have a favourite 'star' programmable button. I have programmed it to home.

While you can see the songs playing from android auto in the 3 tiled home screen, you cannot use the Google Maps, along with any other tile. When you use GMaps, the actual map uses the left 2/3rd, while the right 1/3rd is black only mentioning your device name under the AA symbol. You however, get the navigation prompts on all AA screens as a notification strip to keep the guidance on.

I will keep posting the updates here. Do let me know if anyone has any specific questions. I am leaving tomorrow for a 4 day road trip, covering more than 1000kms. Will post some updates after it's completion. The car has now 200km on ODO and seems to be averaging 14kmpl as per the MID. Will update on the first tankful soon.
AGwagon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 10:09   #3057
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
To turn off the horn beep when you lock/unlock you can keep the lock and unlock key together depressed for 10 seconds, the car will blink twice and voilla the quiet mode is activated. No more honks! Learnt the trick yesterday.
This is very useful. Thanks for sharing. This is going to be the first thing I do when I get the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
While you can see the songs playing from android auto in the 3 tiled home screen, you cannot use the Google Maps, along with any other tile. When you use GMaps, the actual map uses the left 2/3rd, while the right 1/3rd is black only mentioning your device name under the AA symbol. You however, get the navigation prompts on all AA screens as a notification strip to keep the guidance on.
This is a function of your android phone and operating system. For instance, when I plugged in my iPhone in the TD car, the tiles were beautifully laid out with 1/3rd of the screen dedicated to google maps (my preferred setting) and the rest balanced between my next calendar appointment, the song playing and widgets for apps. All notifications (whatsapp, messages) popped up showing which app and who had messaged (not the actual message for driver safety). I did not take a photograph, but it looked similar to the image I have attached here.

Hence, you might want to try with different phones, if you are not happy with the experience.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ios13carplaydash100799517large.jpg  

ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 10:37   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I read it and it seems that Kia are themselves not confident about the temperature issues of the gearbox. This further strengthens my belief on the Diesel TC gearbox to be safe than Sorry.
I wouldn't be so negative about it. It just says what is a safe driving practice and how we should use the transmission under different conditions. In case the transmission behaves abnormally, then what we are expected to do.

First update on the real world FE.
Drove the car around for 14km in 40 mins, within the city, on roads that have a speed breaker every 200m. The car didn't upshift above D5 in Normal mode. The average FE was 9.8kmpl, which is not bad.
Will put my next update on 3rd of Oct, after I take it to office for the first time - a drive of 30km with 20km of highway drive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2019 at 10:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
biplab3110 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 10:52   #3059
BHPian

An average of 9.8 in a new car is not bad at all, looks like the DCT won't be as thirsty as we thought it would. Eagerly waiting for my GTX+ so I can try it out as well

Last edited by TG_F196 : 1st October 2019 at 10:53.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:57   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
QUOTE=biplab3110;4667540]
An average of 9.8 in a new car is not bad at all, looks like the DCT won't be as thirsty as we thought it would.
The bigger 1.4GDI will inherently be a lot less sensitive than Venue's 1.0 turbo petrol in handling day to day duties without giving shocks at the petrol pumps. No replacement for displacement, bigger engines always give more consistent economy figures across varied conditions. Of course, if you drive pedal to metal, FE will drastically reduce just like any turbo petrol.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks