Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 18:40   #3016
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Reasons for petrol
- Diesels are going out soon. Honda, Suzuki and Toyota are not investing in diesels anymore
Diesel phase out may be happening in some countries but I doubt the case for India. Many mainstream players are driving revenues primarily from diesels and i don’t see a petrol replacement for these cars read Fortuner, Crysta, Scorpio, XUV 5OO, Hexa, Harrier, Endeavour,Compass. Also i see many enthusiasts leaning towards diesels for the sake of that torque thus pumping demand for those diesel Cretas, dusters, Ecosports etc.

As far as Seltos is concerned CRDI offers the perfect balance between FE and power and that’s unbeatable irrespective of the 10 year ban, resale, maintainance and what not.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 19:03   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Diesel phase out may be happening in some countries but I doubt the case for India.
Considering the risk-taking prowess of the current government, impulsive decisions are the order of the day. Diesel could be banned in consumer vehicles overnight. Even if not banned overnight someone might just announce it leading to confusion and reduced demand.
sandygordon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 20:32   #3018
ADB
BHPian

I know that a lot of members have been asking this question - have they started deliveries of the GRX DCT+? Saw a post on Facebook today. It has been delivered in Maharashtra. Screenshot attached. Let’s hope it starts rolling out everywhere soon
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-91d271f4954c48c5a609d4314fde2164.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 20:38   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The variant has been clearly mentioned in Kia's brochure from day 1. They just did not tell the price at launch to keep the launch price lucrative in the media. The features are identical. It is just the engine and transmission that are different.

Theoretically yes. We are supposed to have parity in features across DCT and AT . I have booked GTX+ D AT. Hoping that KIA would stick to the brochure. When I drove the HTX+ AT, I was impressed with the straight line pull and availability of torque right from the word go. Hence, eagerly anticipating what sports mode could do to this combo. I currently drive a Duster AWD which has Eco mode ON/OFF. Flipping the button does no noticeable changes to pickup or power on tap.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 21:21   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
I know that a lot of members have been asking this question - have they started deliveries of the GRX DCT+? Saw a post on Facebook today. It has been delivered in Maharashtra. Screenshot attached. Let’s hope it starts rolling out everywhere soon
This is great to see! Could you possibly tell where in Maharashtra this is? I have booked the GTX+ DCT in Mumbai and have no details as of now.
Old 29th September 2019, 21:28   #3021
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
This is great to see! Could you possibly tell where in Maharashtra this is? I have booked the GTX+ DCT in Mumbai and have no details as of now.
Don’t know this guy personally. Just came across it on the Seltos group on Facebook.

Did do a little research for you. The person lives in Alibaug but the number plate says MH46 which is Panvel RTO.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 21:50   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at this makes me feel- when will my day come to take the car home. Never the less, I'm alittle worried about the Hyundai car paint peeling issue. I hope Kia does not fall into the same pool for this issue.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 22:08   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Looking at this makes me feel- when will my day come to take the car home. Never the less, I'm alittle worried about the Hyundai car paint peeling issue. I hope Kia does not fall into the same pool for this issue.
Same here, it has been a long wait from when the car was showcased here.
Old 29th September 2019, 22:12   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Quote:
Don’t know this guy personally. Just came across it on the Seltos group on Facebook.
Did do a little research for you. The person lives in Alibaug but the number plate says MH46 which is Panvel RTO.
If you see the third photo of the gentleman with his family, you can see a Daikin Aircon shop and a Renault logo.
This photo belongs to Bhavna Kia at Panvel. I guess the gentleman has taken delivery at Panvel.
I am sure Kia Mumbai dealers should also be getting the vehicle soon.

See the photo below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-bhavna-kia.jpg  

Last edited by Ithaca : 29th September 2019 at 22:13.
Ithaca is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 09:22   #3025
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
A lot of us are in the same boat, buddy. Including me. Waiting for my GTX+ DCT. Sold my previous car, so the need is even higher now. Been forever since I booked the car
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:42   #3026
BHPian

Has anyone test driven/ bought the Petrol HTX AT with IVT? How is it? Any reviews/ comments?
Old 30th September 2019, 11:19   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone share the performance review of the stock halogen projector headlamps and fog lamps? How good or bad are they in daily usage? I am looking at the HTK model.

Does anyone know the price of OEM 16 inch alloys from the HTK+?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:44   #3028
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Has anyone test driven/ bought the Petrol HTX AT with IVT? How is it? Any reviews/ comments?
I took a long test drive of the IVT. It's the best CVT I've driven south of 20 Lakhs. It's a great choice if you are a sedate driver. I've gone into a bit more detail on post #2808.

Last edited by REN : 30th September 2019 at 12:03. Reason: Spelling
REN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:47   #3029
BHPian

Hi Guys, just wanted to share the delivery update.

I finally took the delivery of my Seltos 1.5D AT HTX+ on Sunday. The dealer had some 50 deliveries lined up and I was the first one out. The PDI etc was all done along with the 100% payment along with accessories installed. I also do not like ribbons etc. so had got all that removed along with all the plastic protectors inside.

Since I decided after having booked the car in Delhi to shift it to Gurgaon registration, I had to go for a temp registration right now from Delhi. Gurgaon has a system of first giving Temp and within a month giving the permanent RC.

The dealer while was geared to deliver these many cars, but as dealers typically go neither they had time to give demo, nor had the car been around long enough to know all the features and nuances. So was disappointed with that, not that I needed it too much though.

The other issue was UVO connect, since the dealer has to punch in all the details at the time of delivery, he found out that in order to register the car completely he needs to enter my vehicle number, which he will only be able to once the permanent number also comes. So unfortunately he can not activate the UVO. This was a bummer and totally pissed me off! This came after the car was unveiled, keys handed over, etc as they mentioned the activation requires the car to be switched on, which was only possible outside the showroom delivery area.

I then contacted the Kia customer care, and they told me they can instruct the dealer on how to get around this, but I am still waiting for this to happen. Not sure if this can be done though? Does anyone else have any experience on this?

Otherwise, loving the car, took it to the temple yesterday for a Puja as well. Have driven around 100km now, the MID is showing 12.6kmpl (with idle demo times to family and friends).

My quick observations:
Positives:
- The car interior quality speaks volumes, everyone was impressed
- ventilated seats, sunroof, big screen, sun blinds, Bose system excited the non-drivers
- power of the CRDi and the Torque when it starts going, impressed the drivers. Other things that you like is the ECM, Lighting (outside and in) besides the steering, power & handling
- Ride quality was great, handles extremely well (immediately got the Tyre pressure reduced from 50 to 35).
- the ICE is really responsive and well placed to aid visibility. Android Auto worked like a charm
- All seats are really supportive and comfortable, AC cooled in no time at all
- To my family, the size and space felt right
- it overall feels really plush!

Negatives (I am nitpicking, here):
- The diesel is audible on acceleration and on idle if you have no music and if surroundings are muted. There are minor vibrations as well if you really try and feel them
- Outside noise insulation should have been better (this slightly robs the premium feel)
- The typical TC effect, not a deal breaker though
- brakes could have been slightly better on Diesel AT.
- still to find the best equalizer setting to get a great experience from Bose, it really doesn't sound premium as of now.
- the steering has very smooth leather and no contouring, feels a bit slippery. Also do not like the cheap plastic chromed knobs.

All in all very happy and glad that I finally have the car and the mind can rest. The entire family is very happy with the purchase, even though my daughter is missing "Hello MG, Please Open Sunroof", however she has now mastered the sunroof button

I am taking the car for a small holiday this week and will return with a 1000km on ODO, hopefully will add soon then to it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190929-8.57.40-pm.jpeg  

AGwagon is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 11:55   #3030
BHPian

The SA informed that the following accessory is priced incorrectly and therefore not available for order yet. He said it should be upwards of 4k when its price is corrected.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiawindowsidebeading.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Does anyone know the price of OEM 16 inch alloys from the HTK+?
Its approximately 34k, including the center caps. At my dealer, the lead time for obtaining the 17" alloys is 1 week but the 16" alloys is 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by dksv : 30th September 2019 at 12:00.
dksv is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks