Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2019, 00:28   #4516
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I gave a lot of consideration to HTK+ variant, but even the HTK will cost above 12 lakhs OTR post price increase. Other than pricing, HTK+ doesn't come with auto climate control. That was the only feature for which I would have plonked the extra money, but both HTK/HTK+ gets the same HVAC system i.e. manual. Other features like alloy wheels, cruise control, push-button start, auto-folding ORVMs, ambient lights etc are nice to have but not worth nearly 2 lakhs of the price difference between the two variants.
Just to correct you, HTK and HTK+ have a showroom price difference of 1 lakh ex-showroom. It should be less than 1.2 lakh on road. May be you have mistaken for some other variants.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th December 2019 at 10:50. Reason: Minor edit.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 07:07   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted before or know, but took me few seconds to understand this.

Attachment 1948829

Yes,its the cars number

Source
Thats creative!

But frankly is this even legal? I remember there was a crackdown on illegal fonts that said B0SS a few years ago.

Cheers
Old 25th December 2019, 09:21   #4518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Just to correct you, HTK and HTK+ have ex-showroom price difference of 1 lakh ex-showroom. It should be less than 1.2 lakh on road. May be you have mistaken for some other variants.
I am not talking about Ex showroom price. It is the 'on the road price' that one needs to pay.

Rs. 1326510 HTK+ OTR Delhi
Rs. 1149817 HTK OTR Delhi

Difference - Rs. 176693 which is the on road price difference between the two. Rs. 1.2 lakh is ex showroom price difference between the two.

Please let me know if a dealer is selling HTK+ with difference of only Rs. 1.2 lakh on road when compared to HTK, I would cancel my existing booking and book from them.
Old 25th December 2019, 09:43   #4519
BHPian

Hey Seltos owners and admirers,

I am getting Creta petrol SX auto at 15 lakh. Which variant of Seltos is the closes match, and is it better to go for it rather than the Creta deal? The variant list of Seltos has me thoroughly confused.
Old 25th December 2019, 09:48   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post

I am getting Creta petrol SX auto at 15 lakh. Which variant of Seltos is the closes match, and is it better to go for it rather than the Creta deal? The variant list of Seltos has me thoroughly confused.
Just my 2 Paisa,

1) if you can wait, wait for the BS6 new 2020 Creta. The launch is a matter of months away

2) Seltos > current bs4 Creta so if I may ask, why not the Seltos?

Even I was looking at a Creta but the kit that is offered on the Seltos is far superior to the Creta (variant to comparable variant that is) and Hyundai still doesn't offer deep discounts so in my case the diesel HTX+ manual Seltos actually was cheaper than the top end Creta diesel manual and I saw no value in going for an older platform, bs4 and lesser kit.

To answer your specific question though, you should look at the HTK+ auto. Even the otr is very similar in Chennai though if am not mistaken this has more kit than the SX(O) auto variant in Creta.
Old 25th December 2019, 10:24   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Ok thanks I will talk to them once the car gets allocated, I will be taking extended warranty hope you have taken the one which is suitable to you as there are two plans 1) Unlimited kms which most dealers are pushing 2) With 125,000 kms included.
I didn't opt for the unlimited mileage extended warranty as it was about Rs 4000 more. I opted for the 4th & 5th year with 125000 km warranty

Quote:
Seltos is definitely better if you can pu up with the waiting period. I picked up Petrol IVT for about Rs 16.65 L in Chennai. But prices likely to go up from Jan 1st.

But the advantages are the BS6 engine & UVO connectivity & loads of other features. You will definitely get discounts on the Creta but it's a BS4 engine.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT -
Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th December 2019 at 11:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 25th December 2019, 13:07   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
Hi GTO,

When we can expect the review to be out?

I was hoping it to be out before Christmas! A holiday would have been perfect time to go through the review of the car I just booked recently!
Old 25th December 2019, 13:12   #4523

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
My UVO isnt working since Dec 18, as well and this is the 2nd time this has happened. The last time also I had to reset the system using instructions from YT, and I wasnt happy about losing all my settings then. I am not sure if the update solves the issue or will it be just another reset done by the dealer. Eitherway it is frustrating and OTA updates should happen, as there is no reason why that would be a difficult task to do. It will also give the car a USP besides the Hector has it already.
I have spoken to my Service Center (Speedingo, Sahibabad), they have offered to install the update if I can get the car to Service Center or Dealership as well as offered to get the update done at my home if I wish so Its all about taking a additional step to have a happy customer.
Old 25th December 2019, 14:26   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am not talking about Ex showroom price. It is the 'on the road price' that one needs to pay.

Rs. 1326510 HTK+ OTR Delhi
Rs. 1149817 HTK OTR Delhi
May be you are correct if there is road tax % difference for cars below 10 lacs and above 10 lacs in Delhi. Sorry for confusion, no such thing here in Chandigarh. Difference in HTK and HTK+ models here is 1.2-1-3 lacs only.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 20:50   #4525
BHPian

Quote:

There are two types of auto variants in seltos - one htx (ivt), which is 1.5l engine and second the gtx/gtx+, which is 1.4l turbo engine.
Old 25th December 2019, 22:37   #4526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
There are two types of auto variants in seltos - one htx (ivt), which is 1.5l engine and second the gtx/gtx+, which is 1.4l turbo engine.
Is ivt = cvt? Which one is recommend for mostly city use, 600 km/month?
Old 25th December 2019, 22:41   #4527
BANNED

Quote:
Is ivt = cvt? Which one is recommend for mostly city use, 600 km/month?
Yes. IVT = CVT is Kia's way of calling it.

I think the 1.5L NA will be better over the 1.4L Turbo for City usage only.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:29   #4528
BHPian

Fellow Seltosians, I have few questions for you.

1. Where do you see the VIN being mentioned in the car ? Apart from the sticker on the left side B pillar, I don't find anywhere else. Manual talks about inside the engine bay, but I could not find out.

2. What is the tiny hole seen on the rear lamps ? Is it something for maintaining some kind of pressure like in aircraft windows ?

3. What is the covered slot that is there inside the door lever housing ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191226_122001.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191226_121742.jpg  

Old 26th December 2019, 12:34   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes. IVT = CVT is Kia's way of calling it.
Yes, you are correct. IVT = CVT but there is a slight difference under the hood as Kia has chosen to go with chain-driven CVT.

I test drove both Honda City CVT & Kia Seltos IVT a month back and while I could not find much of the difference while driving both the cars. It was Seltos which was shaking when I was changing the gear lever from N to D or D to N while the car was in a standstill.

When inquired, I was told that since it's a chain-driven, the car shakes; didn't experience a similar phenomenon in Honda city. Owner's of Seltos IVT may share their experience.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:40   #4530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
1. Where do you see the VIN being mentioned in the car ? Apart from the sticker on the left side B pillar, I don't find anywhere else. Manual talks about inside the engine bay, but I could not find out.
Can you check under the driver's seat?

EDIT: Check under the cowl panel area in the centre of the engine bay. There must at be a flap or so covering it.

Quote:
2. What is the tiny hole seen on the rear lamps ? Is it something for maintaining some kind of pressure like in aircraft windows ?
I don't think it is an open hole else water/condensation would seep-in. Looks like a mould-mark during manufacturing.

Quote:
3. What is the covered slot that is there inside the door lever housing ?
It is for the screw that holds the door pad. Open that square piece, you'll find the screw behind it.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th December 2019 at 12:47. Reason: Added EDIT!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks