Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 11:59   #4456
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sre View Post
Did you try it on HTX IVT?
I don’t think sports mode is available in HTX IVT.
Or do you mean multiple levels available in the manual mode with IVT?
Actually HTX IVT doesn't have drive modes like GTX but when you shift the gearbox to manual mode (the + & - signs on the right side of the gear lever), the indication in the display is "S" which i guess means "Sports" mode
akrish01 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 12:44   #4457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Actually HTX IVT doesn't have drive modes like GTX but when you shift the gearbox to manual mode (the + & - signs on the right side of the gear lever), the indication in the display is "S" which i guess means "Sports" mode
Yes, I guess if we switch to manual mode (and until you press + or -) the cluster shows S or S1 .... S7 depending upon the automatic transmission used. The gear numbers are suffixed with S in the scenario of DCT and the behavior is not exactly same as normal/eco mode and is more of a "sports" mode. However The moment you press + or - after engaging into manual mode it changes to 1, 2 ... 7 etc based on the gear you have opted for.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 16:05   #4458
sre

When the car is locked and unlocked, there is an audible indication ( I think the horn sounds a loud beep). Is there a way to disable this?
Old 18th December 2019, 16:55   #4459
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sre View Post
When the car is locked and unlocked, there is an audible indication ( I think the horn sounds a loud beep). Is there a way to disable this?
Have the lock and unlock buttons on your key depressed together for 10 seconds and the beep will be disabled.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 19:09   #4460
BHPian

Took a KIA Seltos(1.5 P - Manual HTK) for a weekend drive. Came back super impressed.

Suspension/Chassis is very good. It just dismissed all the potholes. Had to brake hard and steer left to avoid a stray dog and car was in absolute control.
Minimal body roll around the corners. Did not get tired after driving 4 hours. Full marks to KIA here. It drove like a European car.

Refinement is top notch - No noise/vibration inside the cabin. Also loved the shifter. It was super sleek and a delight to use. Clutch effort was also spot on.

Air conditioning was very effective. Apple CarPlay was a delight to use and the Headunit was sleek and very responsive.

Engine pulled cleanly from as low as 1200 rpm in 5th gear.

Two negatives :
1. I feel that the engine would only suit a sedate driver. It just doesn't have a sense of urgency. Overtakings in Highway needs to be planned. It has no punch in mid range.

Note that I drive 1.5 Diesel Ford everyday. So my comparison is with that.
2. Neck support was not good - Poor Design of headrest maybe ?!

On Fuel efficiency- See attached image. It was 85% Highway with sedate driving around 2200 rpm for most of the time. The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1576676220.450167.jpg
vaasscit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 20:18   #4461
BHPian

Finally, the Blue Lady has come home !!
It took her 32 days from booking to delivery along with countless visits to the showroom to achieve this.
I might pen down a review later, however for now, some quick bites for future buyers :

* This is the HTX Manual Diesel version
* Definitely a head turner.
* It is comfortable and practical at the same time.
* The Diesel engine is silent, even from the outside.
* There is a load of features available.
* The Blue and Orange colour is hard to get, but not impossible.
* I am 5.6" and used to drive a MS Ritz. I felt that the clutch travel is bit longer than that you find in the regular MS vehicles.
* I felt that the Ingress - Egress movement is more like that of a sedan than an SUV. Learnt it the hard way after multiple head bangs while getting in.

There she is, in all her glory..
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191218_11195401.jpeg  

anzrulz555 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 21:38   #4462
BHPian

Took delivery of my GTX+ D-AT in Steel silver color today from Epitome Kia, Whitefield, Bangalore. The Entire delivery process was smooth and the SA took his time to explain all the features and got UVO registered etc. ODO was at 8 KMS at delivery. Yet to receive Number from RTO. It has been a long wait since mid september (changed my booking from HTX+ DAT to GTX+DAT), but the excruciating wait was totally worth it. Coming from Duster, i am overwhelmed by the tech on this car. I am sure it will take a couple of days to settle in. Planning to write my first ownership review shortly.
v6kgang is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 08:11   #4463
BHPian

While coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on. This happens even if I start at the upslope at a very low speed. This behaviour appears similar to my Tiago AMT (even though not as severe). My Civic with Torque Converter never had this issue. Look forward to inputs from other Seltos DCT owners.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:33   #4464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
While coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on.
Though I'm not a Seltos owner, I've watched in Karan sir's review of the GTX+ DCT that the drive modes actually affect the way the gearbox responds. What drive mode have you selected when it goes through the ramp?
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 13:17   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Though I'm not a Seltos owner, I've watched in Karan sir's review of the GTX+ DCT that the drive modes actually affect the way the gearbox responds. What drive mode have you selected when it goes through the ramp?
Thanks BZ25. I have left it in eco mode. Will post my query on Karan's thread as well.
Old 19th December 2019, 17:45   #4466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Kia Seltos is surely flying off the showroom floors.
Yeah - sales are going through the roof and out the window!
Or did a customer do some window shopping?

Cheers!
Clouseau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:15   #4467
BHPian

Hello guys,
What is the after sales service of Kia like? And what is the maintenance costs.

Can some of the owners please highlight on these aspects.

Thanking you guys in advance
Old 19th December 2019, 20:36   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
What is the after sales service of Kia like?
While my dealership experience was pathetic, their service technicians are excellent, well mannered and well trained. The air purifier of my GTX+ had malfunction, and after a complete checkup, they got a replacement dispatched.

Quote:
And what is the maintenance costs.
There is a service cost calculator on the Kia website.
https://www.kia.com/in/service/servi...alculator.html
Hope this helps.
Old 19th December 2019, 22:24   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
While coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on. This happens even if I start at the upslope at a very low speed. This behaviour appears similar to my Tiago AMT (even though not as severe). My Civic with Torque Converter never had this issue. Look forward to inputs from other Seltos DCT owners.
Have been driving the 1.4 GTX+DCT for a week now including one rush hour drive through the Outer Ring Road in Bengaluru. I have been driving in the normal mode all through.

The gear box is obsessed with D2 (second gear). It shifts up from D1 almost as soon as the car moves and does not shift to D1 even at speeds as low as 5 kmph. Only full stop braking seems to make it shift down to D1.

As it stays in D2 it slips the clutch (like we would drive a manual transmission by riding half clutch!!!) a lot. The clutch slip is more pronounced in an incline. It is programmed like this possibly for smoothness and fuel economy.

I beleive this is one of the reasons (perhaps a key reason) for heating and the hesitation mentioned above.

Using the techniques described in this thread (full stop vs crawl, create space with vehicle in front, move to neutral etc) I have managed to keep the transmission temperature well below the half way mark.

The engine + gearbox is super smooth when driving in low traffic situation.

Till now, I have really liked the car. Coming from my previous diesel car, the quietness and refinement is wonderful. I like the ride and handling too. Looking forward to the first long drive to Bhadra and Chickmagalur next week!!!

The booking to delivery experience with Naara Kia was very good.

Cheers, Ravi.
roovee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 02:30   #4470
BHPian

The lads at Perfamana have done an incredible job making an already good looking car look better.

The list of modifications include:

• 19” TSW Rims
• Chrome Delete
• Custom Leather Interiors
• Front Grille & Roof Rails painted in High Gloss Black.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ecfe11b759ba45abac87ea56ca7386dc.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fee0552d1c3741c1a5a2cc202428aee9.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-a822b0176ee64a5e998bebc4a10a4a4a.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-35d63f0ff89946389d8b3ece149d5dab.jpeg  

speed kills is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks