Better looks
Better build quality
Much better engines
Proven the test of time
simeonovitch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 21:50   #2867
BHPian

Re: Seltos GTX OR Compass Limited(0)

I myself was interested in Seltos GTX+ before launch but dont like the price vs value that it offers.

After its launch, I have started appreciating Jeep's looks and driving dynamics more than before,

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2019 at 20:34. Reason: Removing additional spacing
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:09   #2868
BHPian

There is a price difference between the two of about 4.5-5lac and I plan to keep it a long time meaning BS6 maybe a potential problem or maybe not. Another problem is Seltos has 6 airbags while Compass has 2 in Limited (O) trim.
Brishti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:17   #2869
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Seams like already a test drive car is knocked down.
Video is not clear but seems to have taken the crash fine. No information regarding speed, impact, etc.

momsonlydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:29   #2870
BHPian

Got a "limited" test drive of the GTX DCT 1.4. Drove in Cochin Traffic for around 4 - 5 kilometers. Edapally bypass stretch was too busy. I could not floor the car at all. However, I enjoyed the smooth drive. Sport mode was not practical. It was too peaky and bouncy. I did not enjoy the ride as the tire pressures were 44 psi in the rear tires and 43psi in the front tires. Got a mileage of 8.5 kmpl for the round trip.

Pros
- Silent engine
- Good pick up
- HUD is good
- Excellent AC
- Really good bite for the brakes
- Good navigation system and reverse camera display
- Economy mode is the best drive mode as the gear shifts are imperceivable

Cons
- Seats a bit too soft for my liking, though space and lateral support are just adequate
- Bumpy ride - Tire pressures to be blamed.
- Steering too light for my liking and did not notice the perceivable change between economy and regular modes.
- Rear seat squab is odd-shaped and provides poor thigh support, much like the bmw x1 but with softer seat leatherette
- Fuel efficiency not up to what is expected as per ARAI, but the car had hardly completed 500km.

Planning a diesel automatic test drive as well, followed back to back by the GTX DCT TD.
Need a longer test drive before plonking 20L for this car.

Last edited by sandygordon : 19th September 2019 at 22:31.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 23:14   #2871
Senior - BHPian

@ simeonovitch

The literal difference between size of Creta and Seltos is 2 inch headroom, unless you wear a tall turban. If slicing of two unused inches affects your perception so much, that is your thinking. And you are commenting about whether it is sedan like or SUV like by exterior, without even sitting in.

I thing Seltos and Creta are definitely comparable barring the extra 2 inch (arguably unneeded for most) headroom in Creta. Seating height, seat width etc are same for all practical purposes.

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2019 at 06:19. Reason: Quoted post deleted
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 00:01   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Hello.

I currently drive a petrol manual 2018 Baleno. The seating has given me a stiff and almost frozen right shoulder. I am currently waiting on the 1.4 T-GDI with the Manual GTX trim and would sell the Baleno which is now close to 30,000 km. in 15 months.

Since many of you have driven the Seltos extensively, I would appreciate your thoughts on my decision. Would the Seltos give me more room to be comfortable in, given the distances I drive? How much more cumbersome would it be to handle in traffic? My test drive was so short that I was unable to make out anything.

Thank you!
I had a Baleno manual for 3 months recently, clocked 11k, one word - great car with oodles of space, took me some time to adjust the seating for my comfort, I had a brief pain on the right shoulder and right lower back for initial days and once I got my seating position after driving for 1k kms, it was gone.

In one of my long drive with family, Bangalore - Rameshwaram- Bangalore in 2 days approx 1400kms, return journey from Rameshwaram was started at 7pm and reached Bangalore at 7am with 3 stops in between,
didn't find any issue, I feel after finding the right adjustment I didn't face any issue with seating.

Coming to Seltos, same story here, initially struggled a lot to find a sweet spot for my seat and now after finding one im strictly instructing the Valets not to fiddle with any of the settings, IMO seating comfort is more or less same as Baleno.

My suggestion is not to change such a good car in such low mileage just expecting better seating comfort, you might get disappointed or I would advise to take zillions of test drives with different seat settings & decide.

I miss electric memory seats.
Don Dasco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 00:58   #2873
BHPian

A coolant tank issue reported by a HTK+ owner on Twitter.

His experience with the service fix doesn’t give a good feeling. He doesn’t provide details about what was fixed. The time they seem to have spent fixing it doesn’t suggest a cracked head gasket. But was it overlooked with only a workaround/quick-fix put in place is the question.

An overheated engine never ends the story on a good note.

Link
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4d86b4dd6dbe48d59aae73a08ecdb4b4.jpeg  

Last edited by dksv : 20th September 2019 at 01:19.
dksv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 11:01   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
I myself was interested in Seltos GTX+ before launch but dont like the price vs value that it offers.

After its launch, I have started appreciating Jeep's looks and driving dynamics more than before,
I myself have had this confusion whether to buy Seltos or JC. However what swings in Seltos favour is basically the shortcomings of JC as a package. Main complaint is that I don't know the future of FCA in India if this one car trend continues. Also resale of Kia would be better at a time when electric cars would have taken over partially and the mood would have changed by nest change. Also BS6 and better feature list helps. Price difference between Seltos GTX+ DCT and JC Limited Plus Petrol is around 6 lakh which is significantly big IMO.
springisking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 12:35   #2875
BHPian

One thing is for sure true. Never step inside a Harrier if you want to purchase Seltos or Creta. I have pre-booked a Seltos but happened to step inside a Harrier yesterday and there is no comparison between the space offered. I think Harrier will sort out its problem and relaunch with Automatic and become a good choice for buyers.

I am drawn to Seltos for two facts which may become its USP in our crowded country. It fits into my parking lot with ease and is loaded with features. I am still evaluating if I want to cancel my booking but for now I have moved from HTX Diesel AT to GTX Diesel AT.

I took test drive of Diesel AT last week. It was short but I was somewhat satisfied with handling. It is not as good a my Ford Fiesta AT or Volkswagen Vento but I think I can live with it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th September 2019 at 13:39. Reason: Quoted post deleted and related response removed. Thanks.
RajeevSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 19:21   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
I've finally figured out what this car's USP is.
It's ideal for those who want a sedan, because of ride and handling reasons, yet whose parents/spouse want them to get a crossover because of peer pressure / crossovers being popular / crossovers are safer perception.
Really sorry to say if you think the car's USP is 'Peer pressure'. Then you are really wrong my friend and hurting the sentiments of current buyers and future ones. Just because it does not fancy you does not mean its wrong.
Besides the New Creta (ix25) will be based on the Seltos.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th September 2019 at 22:31. Reason: Quote trimmed.
deepjaju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 19:41   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
So far so good.
Finally decided to cancel the booking. I had booked it on the day the booking portal was launched. Although the initial dealership experience was a bit lacklustre (covered here (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)), it improved after I shared the feedback. They even called me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I was willing to change the booking from Grey to White as they had received a couple of White GTX DCTs. I have never owned or liked white cars so turned it down. After that, even the dealership has been clueless on when the next lot of GTX DCTs will arrive.

I dropped notes on Kia's website twice but no response or acknowledgement from them. This is what made me circumspect about buying their product. DCT is not the most dependable technology so buying it from a nonresponsive manufacturer didn't make much sense to me. God forbid if something went wrong during the ownership period (like it has happened with the same/similar technology from other manufacturers) the chances of getting support from Kia seemed very bleak. The assessment is based on the attitude and culture I observed from Kia, not the dealership.

To give credit where it's due - the dealership people were courteous and responsive after the initial experience but in absence of information or support from Kia even they sounded helpless.

Now the wait for the refund begins. Hopefully, they will be prompt in issuing it as it's through the dealership and not Kia.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 20:24   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
the chances of getting support from Kia seemed very bleak. The assessment is based on the attitude and culture I observed from Kia, not the dealership.
I second your opinion.

I called up couple of times to KIA. All they say is to enquire with the Dealer. What can the Dealer do, If they don't have any feedback from the manufacturer. Few Dealers might be arrogant, as they are the touch point with the Customers, but overall, it all depends on the inputs they receive from the manufacturer.

The Car is not outstanding and the pricing is not at all, a surprise. In fact, the Company created so much hype about pricing, it felt damp squib.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 23:03   #2879
BHPian

Saw my first Seltos on the road today (I know I'm very late) and I found it to have good enough road presence. Yes, it's not as brutish or a hustler like a Harrier or Hector but it still has presence.

Others have also remarked that it looks like a mere hatchback. I would disagree, I saw a Creta besides it and the Seltos still had more street cred. Creta might appear to be bigger because of the roof rails and boxy(er) design.

Eager to see more of them on the roads soon!
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 23:37   #2880
BHPian

For my HTK Petrol booking the “Final Deal Amount“ was earlier showing Rs.11,99,023 on the online portal, which is the same amount that the dealer has quoted in his printed price chart.

But when checked this evening I see a revised/reduced final deal price of Rs.11,92,963. I immediately called my SA to check the impact of today’s GST meeting on the pricing. He was clueless and said they haven’t received any communication in this regard.

Do you think this Rs.6,060 reduction corresponds to the reduction of cess that has happened today? I’m confused because the change is effective only from 1st Oct if I read it correctly.

Regardless, the online payment system allows me to pay for the car at this reduced price at the moment. I’ll visit the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-b5aaf1692b704e8dbfe8f67b7cd67463.png  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-cbdd33611f164127919d2db1fcb5eca8.jpeg  

dksv is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed