Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 04:14   #2911
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
From Sep 5th I have been passed around from one person to another asking time for 2-3 days to give me an update and finally the dealership manager assured me 28th Sep as date of delivery and no later than that.
My experience is quite similar and for same 1.5D HTX+. My sales person changed in between (original guy is still in the showroom). On 10th Sept, I get a call saying car is available and can the payment be made. Since I wasn't in Bangalore that week, I said I will get there in 2 days and make the payment. Then on 13th Sept, another call requesting the exact model and color I wanted and I sent it again for the 6th time 14th September, a "team lead" called up and suggested I make the payment, to which I said not unless I see the car. He gave some story about needing to maintain his cash flow so that they can keep paying Kia for vehicles in every 2 weeks slots. Anyways, I paid part of the money in the showroom on 15th and they couldn't find anyone from accounts to issue a receipt (because it is a Sunday!). Then on this circus is going on and the said team lead never picks up the calls. On 15th, while I was waiting for receipt, some prospective customers waiting for a test drive were fed up and shouting - with staff only talking to each other and not to them. 2 Sundays before, there was huge crowd and excitement at the showroom - it is now very little. There is no floor manager to run the show I guess.

Come to think of it, when I bought my Fiat Palio in 2004, I went to showroom only to pick up the car delivery - they did everything else including shuttling between Koramangala and ITPL where I used to work, for test drive, cheque collection etc. Buying from Toyota has been an superlative experience - I wanted delivery by Wednesday with number plates etc and I gave the cheque on the preceding Friday - they just got it done by evening on Wednesday. Maruti's have been ok.

These guys are on track to re-define bad customer experience.
vsbabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 08:55   #2912
Team-BHP Support

I checked out the Seltos yesterday and was impressed with what they are offering for the price.

Ride/handling is typically Hyundai, but more like newer Hyundais. Firm suspension, so not cushy neither wallowy. AT diesel was good and should serve most. HUD looks terrific for a car in this segment.

Had I been a car shopper with ~15L in hand, in either petrol or diesel, I think, I would have gone for Seltos.

I saw the Seltos at Sonipat, Haryana, the sales outlet and sales personnel experience was good, TD offered was also ok. No complaints.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:03   #2913
BHPian

Re: Diesel Seltos TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
There are few complaints in Bangalore Seltos WhatsApp group about issues with audio system specific to HTX and HTX+ they got an email from KIA that a software update will roll out in 2 weeks to fix the issue.
I'm having an issue with my HTK+ audio system as well, music gets stuck at times when connected via bluetooth. This gets fixed when I restart my phone. But I'm not sure whether this is an issue with my phone because I have never had this issue in any other car.
binoyyj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:18   #2914
BHPian

Re: Diesel Seltos TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
I'm having an issue with my HTK+ audio system as well, music gets stuck at times when connected via bluetooth. This gets fixed when I restart my phone. But I'm not sure whether this is an issue with my phone because I have never had this issue in any other car.
Inform your service advisor and get it acknowledged in an email, this documentation would help for warranty claims in future, you can also expect an email from KIA on the possible solutions & details about upcoming software patch to fix the audio system issue.
Don Dasco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:29   #2915
BHPian

I managed to go to the showroom to do a PDI on my Seltos 1.5D AT HTX+. I had already paid 70% and I was asked to make the remainder of the payment now. The car was all file, no scratches, blemishes, rust or marks anywhere. I also noticed that my car was already fitted with mud-flaps, so good I noticed this and saved me some money (do check this on your cars as well). The ODO had 24 kms.

I also got the accessories guy to demo some of the accessories in flesh for me and wifey to decide on. I will be accordingly transferring the entire amount to them by tomorrow. The whole month-end and the upcoming banking strike means b/w 26th - 2nd October, banks will largely operate only on the 1st, so the payment will have to be made well before. I am taking the insurance on my own.

The showroom was filled with a lot of delivery cars and there were at least 4 cars getting their first service done. They were also replacing a chipped windscreen on a GT line already, met the GM-service as well, and he told me that they have already serviced 17 vehicles. The free-service schedule is 1500km- 1month, 5,000km-6months and 10,000km-1 year. I am planning to take the delivery on 29th and the GM told me they are planning close to 50 deliveries on this auspicious day. I asked him if he could give me the first delivery and I will come in early to make that happen. The SA also told me that this they still haven't received many AT 1.5D HTX+ from Kia, and mine will be the only one getting delivered on 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
For my HTK Petrol booking the “Final Deal Amount“ was earlier showing Rs.11,99,023 on the online portal, which is the same amount that the dealer has quoted in his printed price chart.

But when checked this evening I see a revised/reduced final deal price of Rs.11,92,963.
Did you manage to understand what was the difference? AFAIK, Kia is now looking to not offer a RTI policy as standard, but an add-on and I am guessing that would have reduced the pricing. But, do let us know what your AD tells you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessme View Post
Is it only me or with everyone that i cannot see page no. 193??

It shows either or 194. Tried accessing it in every way.
I cannot as well. Mods, could you please look into it. Every time you try to go to #193 it keeps loading #192.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:45   #2916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I managed to go to the showroom to do a PDI on my Seltos 1.5D AT HTX+. I had already paid 70% and I was asked to make the remainder of the payment now. The car was all file, no scratches, blemishes, rust or marks anywhere.
Cool! So stepping towards arrival steadily now. In the PDI - I hope you spent a LOT of time on the head unit, touch screen & electronic controls. With today's cars its these gizmos that need more PDI to avoid frustration due to little bits later. For example - I'm still always aware that my car doesn't show the correct time no matter how many times I set it. The one Item I didn't check at PDI. Do check whether all speakers, tweeters et all are working properly without vibrations in the door panel at high volume too. Worth spending 2 hours at the yard to tick all the boxes.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:52   #2917
BHPian

Any idea when Kia would start production of GTX+ DCT and when would it start arriving in showrooms? No word on this at all. I hope I can get the car atleast by mid Oct? I did my booking one week prior to pre booking start date via a SA and I have sold my XUV as well, it has been a long wait without a car and I'm getting impatient now.
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:24   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post some pics of the engine bay especially the area where the suspension is mounted? The dealership car here in orange had awfully finished weld lines as if it was done in a hurry at a local weld shop. Want to know if its isolated car issue or just the way its meant to be.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:43   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone driven the 1.4 GTX/GTX+ manual transmission?
I am trying to get a test drive but no cars available in any dealership here in Hyderabad.
What is the reliability of Hyundai/Kia DCT gearboxes? I am worried reading the horror stories of SKoda/VW about their DSG gearboxes. I had absolutely fuss-free ownership with all my cars till now (Santro, jazz) and reliability is a very important criteria for me.
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:00   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Did you manage to understand what was the difference? AFAIK, Kia is now looking to not offer a RTI policy as standard, but an add-on and I am guessing that would have reduced the pricing. But, do let us know what your AD tells you.
Thank you for this. I talked to the insurance agent and the SA at my dealer. The RTI is indeed an add-on now! However, they did not confirm whether it was inclusive in the pricing earlier. They still insist the prices in their chart printed on 22nd Aug hold good.

Regarding the reduced price, the other day the SA had brushed it off saying the dealership has not received any communication regarding a price revision and this is the explanation he had given -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Visited my dealer today. Apparently the online portal price has reset to ex-showroom of a different state with a different road tax and therefore shows a mismatch. So the SA advises to consult the dealer before one makes any payment online.
Please can somebody who has taken delivery along with the in-house insurance let us know whether RTI was inclusive or an add-on for you? If it was really inclusive in the past, we don't want the dealers to pocket the difference by showing us an old price chart. Its apparently Rs.6060 for HTK P & could be greater for higher variants.

Last edited by dksv : 23rd September 2019 at 16:09.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:12   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
Considering this, any idea what the benefits would be for going with the Kia insurance?
Were you able to find an answer to this?
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:13   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am trying to get a test drive but no cars available in any dealership here in Hyderabad.
What is the reliability of Hyundai/Kia DCT gearboxes? I am worried reading the horror stories of SKoda/VW about their DSG gearboxes. I had absolutely fuss-free ownership with all my cars till now (Santro, jazz) and reliability is a very important criteria for me.
I would say if reliability is paramount to you, then you should go for the manual gearbox or the Diesel TC gearbox as DCT is a dry gearbox and is known to have heating issues ( This is based of the fact that Kia and Hyundai share the gearboxes as well)
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:26   #2923
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Were you able to find an answer to this?
To be honest, no. For convenience sake, I just opted for Kia insurance. I know I’m paying 10k extra but I will have the assurance that my claims will be hassle free.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:56   #2924

Questions to Seltos owners.

1. What are the must have official accessories according to you?
2. Which floor mat do you suggest? I have seen the 5D (or 7D) mat in JSP Kia and it looks good for the money (Rs. 5222). I have also seen a photo of the 3D mat (Rs. 2871), but it didn't look like good quality compared to something like the 3D Kagu mat.
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:57   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Check my post (number 2462 on page 165) on this thread. I drove the GTX+ manual in Mumbai.

There are some worries regarding the dry clutch transmission of the Hyundai Venue/Kia Seltos based on international reviews. This is the first time these transmission systems have come to India and I have not heard of any complaints from any Indian consumers so far.

As far as reliability goes, I don't think we are going to see massive problems although if that is very important to you, consider the manual variant and if you want an automatic go for the torque converter diesel. The IVT also requires more maintenance than a traditional torque converter.
If you are an enthusiast, pickup the GTX/GTX+ 1.4 l turbo petrol manual. It is a reliable system and you will have fun driving it. (It gets all the safety features which I think is a must in a modern car at 18-20 lakhs OTR.)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed