Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 09:53   #3661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Me: after all the mulling, I chose the Diesel AT, opting for peace of mind over performance, though i have not seen the car and don't even know if we get the drive and traction modes as is present in DCT GTX+.
The drive modes are present as per the brochure and if you scroll a couple of pages backwards on this thread, then one of the BHPians who took delivery of the car has confirmed the presence of the drive modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I do drive to ORR so mileage is around 7-9 kmpl. As I said I did drive 50kms in 5 hrs in peak traffic and mileage was 7.7kmpl.
Do not go by the MID Display/Readings. BHPian AGWagon has shed a lot of light on the errors of the MID Display: Link (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

When you get the chance please do a tankful approach of measurement and share the findings.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 10:01   #3662
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post

I do drive to ORR so mileage is around 7-9 kmpl. As I said I did drive 50kms in 5 hrs in peak traffic and mileage was 7.7kmpl.
Did you observe any significant spike in transmission temperature during this peak traffic jam as my daily drive would also be in very similar circumstances in BLR? Though I have booked a DCT and I liked it very much, bit worried this won't create any issues in B2B traffic. Just my mind gets drifted at times
Old 29th October 2019, 10:45   #3663
SS4
BHPian

I wanted to cancel my booking for the top spec GT line, as the pricing didn't quite make the cut for me. The dealer in Coimbatore wants to charge Rs. 500/- for cancellation charges and I would like to know if this is the norm followed by other dealers as Kia website clearly says the cancellation charge is Rs. 250/- as per Section 8.2 in the below link:

https://www.kia.com/in/utility/onlin...ons.html#rule7

Would like to have feedback from people who have cancelled their booking, thanks in advance!
Old 29th October 2019, 11:36   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 View Post

Would like to have feedback from people who have cancelled their booking, thanks in advance!
My Noida dealer didn't deduct anything for refund. For the entire 25000 back.
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 16:15   #3665
BHPian

Any further news on GTX+ D-AT deliveries? My dealer is feigning ignorance. Any one in bangalore got delivery of this particular model? If yes, which dealer? I am dealing with epitome kia, they are good and polite, but turns out useless, as they are unable to confirm on delivery time frame.

Last edited by v6kgang : 29th October 2019 at 16:15. Reason: Spelling
Old 29th October 2019, 18:34   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Thanks. I was trying same as well.

Had some more queries:
1. Now a days it seems to be a choice between 1yr Own + 3 yr 3rd party vs. 3 yr own + 3yrs 3rd party. What's advisable?

2. What happens to the IDV in each year if we take 3 year comprehensive package?

3. I see TATA AIG, ICICI being recommended in a few places. Any other recos?

4. Why do you advise IDV = Ex-showroom value? Some companies seem to limit IDV at Ex-showroom but some seem to allow on road price as well
Congrats on finally getting your delivery date confirmed and looking forward to your first impressions Even I am looking to get insurance done from outside. As shared in earlier post, I did check some options in Coverfox, but couldn't evaluate whether it's good/worse as compared to the ones offered by dealers.
If you get this done from outside, please do share the details and benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Any further news on GTX+ D-AT deliveries? My dealer is feigning ignorance. Any one in bangalore got delivery of this particular model? If yes, which dealer? I am dealing with epitome kia, they are good and polite, but turns out useless, as they are unable to confirm on delivery time frame.
It has been the same case with Advaith Kia as well, I used to get multiple calls before booking. Post booking no calls, still doing multiple follow-ups to get some sort of confirmation. Oct end delivery date promised is already broken. I dunno what's their next excuse
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 18:48   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 View Post
like to have feedback from people who have cancelled their booking, thanks in advance!

The dealer here in Noida did not deduct anything from my booking amount. I was expecting him to deduct the 250 charge as mentioned on the website but he returned the complete amount.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 19:49   #3668
BHPian

The dealer said that the next car thats in line up is ours. He is claiming that we are getting our car in November. It can be first week, second week. Have booked for 2 colors (white and steel silver) whichever is found first, comes to me first. I have placed pearl white as my first preference.
Old 29th October 2019, 20:24   #3669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Hi Karan, isn't it the drive way of ITC Maratha, if I am not wrong.
Yes this was clicked at ITC Grand Maratha, Mumbai !

Quote:
The car looks amazing below the canopy with all the lights.
Thanks

Quote:
I am very patiently waiting for team BHP review as I don't want to jump without going through it.
I believe TEAM-BHP is already working on the review & should come out soon (may be after the Baojun 530 review is released)

Last edited by karan561 : 29th October 2019 at 20:26.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 21:06   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
It's truly has been a FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS this year;
The lights on the full option does look good. Does make a great deal of difference to the car's appeal actually.
And like always White does make the car look bigger and wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
(may be after the Baojun 530 review is released)
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 22:31   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
I am in the same boat as you are, booked GTX+ D AT with Epitome and they have no clue.. Am going to call other dealers in Bangalore to see what they have to say !! Let me know if you get any different response from other dealers. We should chat offline, please PM me your number
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 22:42   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Did you observe any significant spike in transmission temperature during this peak traffic jam as my daily drive would also be in very similar circumstances in BLR? Though I have booked a DCT and I liked it very much, bit worried this won't create any issues in B2B traffic. Just my mind gets drifted at times
When it is really slow moving traffic and you cannot avoid crawling at all may be after a significant time transmission temperature went above the half way mark to yellow although the next chance to bring the car to neutral for couple of mins got it down below the half way mark. This I'm saying in the 5 hr 50kms drive. You can manage just fine but you have to be conscious or make it a habit to have it subconsciously. It will play back of your mind atleast till you get used to it. However I feel this issue has been exaggerated now, it is the same as a dry clutch DSG too. Things can go wrong not discounting the fact but it's a machine after all so follow best practices and hope things would be fine.
springisking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 09:54   #3673
Senior - BHPian

How is the performance of the Goodyear tires that come with the Seltos?

It is disappointing to see Kia offering the lowest end tires (Goodyear) on even the higher variants. Hyundai used to have the policy to fit Bridgestone Tires on the top two trims.

A quick check on Amazon.in also confirms that these are one of the cheapest 17 inchers available.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos_tire_spec.png
Tire Pricing Comparison

I paid around the same price as the 17 inch Goodyear for the 15 inch Primacy 4ST for the Honda City recently. I will surely recommend my friend to swap tires on delivery to either the Bridgestone Duelers or the Michelin P4ST. Has anyone else thought of swapping tires post delivery?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th October 2019 at 09:55.
Old 30th October 2019, 11:33   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
How is the performance of the Goodyear tires that come with the Seltos?

It is disappointing to see Kia offering the lowest end tires (Goodyear) on even the higher variants. Hyundai used to have the policy to fit Bridgestone Tires on the top two trims.

A quick check on Amazon.in also confirms that these are one of the cheapest 17 inchers available.

Attachment 1928381
Tire Pricing Comparison

I paid around the same price as the 17 inch Goodyear for the 15 inch Primacy 4ST for the Honda City recently. I will surely recommend my friend to swap tires on delivery to either the Bridgestone Duelers or the Michelin P4ST. Has anyone else thought of swapping tires post delivery?

I cannot comment on the ones that come in the Seltos, but I got the same brand Good year in my 2018 Creta SX 1.6 diesel. I have covered about 15k as of now, with quite a bit of high way runs. I would say they are ok and do the job more or less. I never change stock tyres immediately after taking delivery since they do not really fetch any value and they are so bad most of the time,except may be JK tyres which are too basic. I plan to change mine at about 30k, which is what I did in my earlier car as well.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 12:37   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I never change stock tyres immediately after taking delivery since they do not really fetch any value and they are so bad most of the time,except may be JK tyres which are too basic. I plan to change mine at about 30k, which is what I did in my earlier car as well.
Thanks for sharing your views - this is the approach typically recommended as well so one uses the tires for some period.

I have not explored what is the exchange value for 17 inch tires but typically on the lower 15 inch/16 inch tires we can expect 60% of the value of the tires when they are new and exchanged within 150 kms run. So yes, you lose about 40% of the value and will also need to invest full on the new tires.

But having seen how the ride quality improves combined with the reduction in tire noise with the Michelins - I usually prefer taking this hit upfront and not having to wait 2 years to get to better tires...
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks