Australian KIA Seltos review by John Cadogan
murthy_p is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 06:44   #3527
ADB
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Is blind spot monitoring working for GTX+ DCT owners? I did not see it anywhere on the mirror.

Also in couple of occasions on a tricky speed breaker in B2B traffic car started going behind when switched from Neutral to Drive mode, shouldn't Hill Hold Assist handle this? The car behind started honking as he had absolutely left no space, somehow due to my experience managed to go fine. Missed the half clutch here.
1. Blind spot monitor comes on the MID when you turn the indicator on. If it Simmons not coming on, check the vehicle setting in your display unit - there is an option to toggle it
2. Hill assist only works when you are on D and come to a stop on an incline. Not when you shift from N to D
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:01   #3528
BHPian

KIA Seltos booking crosses 60K.

They have started second shift and contemplating a third shift in near future aiming an early launch sub-4m SUV.

Quote:
Seltos selling fast, Kia wants to make it faster.
Enthused by the sustained bookings for Seltos SUVs which have crossed 60,000 units, Kia Motors has started its second shift at Anantapur facility in Andhra Pradesh to take the capacity to over 15,000 units a month by adding another 1,000 employees.
Quote:
With plans to fast-track its sub-4 metre SUV production by several months to April 2020, Kia is trying to understand the readiness for the third shift and even taking up the capacity to 4 lakh units per annum from the current 3 lakh units, if the demand persists.
ET

Last edited by S.MJet : 22nd October 2019 at 10:02.
S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:03   #3529
Senior - BHPian

Saw atleast 2 “almost” brand new seltos for sale. Is there any inherent reason for the quick sell?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-c39fc273c995451b85f1bea52ad9ed99.png

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-54ef606bd6f44c53b86b7ffe990400e9.png
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:10   #3530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentO View Post
My wheels finally roll after waiting for ages! The DCT shifts are seamless. Audio quality is HiFi. The car beats all my expectations!
Happy 1 week anniversary!
Would be great if you could jot down some initial impressions of the good and bad (any troubles with the DCT in B2B traffic?).
Awaiting your ownership feedback.
Thanks.
rutwij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:39   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Saw atleast 2 “almost” brand new seltos for sale. Is there any inherent reason for the quick sell?

Attachment 1925640

Attachment 1925641
Probably the buyer wants to upgrade from GTX to GTX+

That's what I think.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:27   #3532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
On a separate note, I was a fighter pilot in the air force. I am from 22nd NDA course.
Hello Vidyadhar Sir,

Sorry for a late response. I am 72nd/NDA, Special Forces. Great to know our seniors! Do let me know if you need any heads up on the car. Cheers!

Now, on FE again, on my 7 DCT for those it may concern - I rode last Friday night, 1030 PM, from Kemps Corner to Powai, via VT (taking the Eastern Freeway), and got a FE of 14.6 KMPL, across 32 kms, and a drive of 48 mins.

Also, for the first time I did push the RPM up to approx 2500 / 2600, to overtake. It sped up to just over 80 kmph in that short while, and I did get the Yellow Caution blip on my MID.

Next, drove from Powai to Kanjurmarg and back in full on traffic the next day, 8.4 Kms, and got a FE of 8.6 KMPL.

So, to me, I feel that its a very healthy mileage on the 7 DCT.

Also, I have noticed no Transmission heating issues at all, other than in normal operating range, across the heavy traffic encountered, too!

I am certain, KIA have done their homework on this before letting it out on to the populace in India!

The car feels well planted on the road, the suspension is also pretty good, small jars / thuds do not come into the cabin, and driveability has been amazing! No complains yet, and hope it continues this way along.

Another thing, I have bought a few accessories, like nylon covers, tyre inflator, micro-fibre cloths, Jopasu with mits, etc, and they have all gone into the gaps around the spare wheel-well, thus keeping the boot clear for all items to be stashed as required. I have even shoved a 2 Lts waterbottle in there (to carry water for emergencies)!

Cheers and ride safe!
cdrsd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:36   #3533
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1925640

Attachment 1925641
Whatever may be the reason, these fickle minded noobs will be receiving a deserved 1.5 to 2.5 lac INR damage to the pocket.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:02   #3534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Possible reasons can be:

1. They bought it at launch and then didn't like the car - classic case of buyer's remorse.

2. These may be accidental cars where the owners might have got some outside repair done and want to dispose off the car now ASAP.

3. One of the uglier reasons and I have seen many such cases up north is where people get these cars in dowry and then they realize that they do not have the parking space for it or the need and want to instead sell and take the cash component in hand ( which is decent amount even considering 1-2L off the price).
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:17   #3535
BHPian

Hi guys just heard that my heard that my car (HTX Diesel Manual) has been allotted. Can you please guide on best finance rates. I have been offered 9.06% by Yes Bank through the dealer. Kia preferred Insurance is Rs.57,551. Pls guide. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx MANISH KOTHARI - HTX MANUAL DSL 02.xlsx (16.7 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by manishk123 : 22nd October 2019 at 12:36. Reason: quote enclosed
Old 22nd October 2019, 13:18   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Glad to know everyone in the car escaped unhurt, hope that Buffalo escaped with minimal injuries, I am sure your conscious controlled speed limit helped you to act swiftly & avoided something catastrophic, in one of my motorcycle trip in Rajasthan & Gujarat border, localites warned us about Nilgai's (Blue Bull) which jumps on bikers, we rode with extreme caution & pretty much slowed down from 100kmph to 40's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
Sorry to hear abt the mishap, glad that it has not left any residual damage.
By the way, did the airbags deploy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe and unhurt. I was stranded in a similar situation in the middle of nowhere in the dark and had to wait 4 hours for RSA, so I know how scary it would have been for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
All is well that ends well. Glad to know your well being and also good to hear that the car took the hit well. Toppling a near 200 kg buffalo is pretty scary. I, like some other members, am also wondering why you have not mentioned anything about the airbags being deployed. This means that there was no such incident as that would mean an urgent visit to the service centre. Anyway’s, do post frontal photographs of the car post the accident so that we can get an idea about how severe was the hit, if you dont mind that is.

I agree man, comprehensive insurance is the way to go, especially the fine points such as RTI and consumables coverage. These things are realised once the claim arises. Good for you.
Thank you everyone for your concerns. As I explained, I was already within manageable speeds, and would have managed to stop without hitting had I managed to distinguish the pitch black buffalo from the pitch black concrete background, in the dark.

Anyways, since the impact was at quite a low speed and most of the impact was quite high-up the airbags didn't deploy (and thank god they didn't, it would have resulted in some additional injuries only and a major inconvenience in the rest of the trip.

I am posting some of the pics of the damage to get a better idea. As you would see, superficially the damage looks quite contained and seems to affect only a few components, however, given the internals are so densely packaged, a misalignment of one component causes damage to the others, which resulted in many other components having to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
When is the first service due for Seltos Diesel? Is there any mandatory check at the first 1000 km mark? Can I get this check done at 1500 km mark without impacting warranty?
Yes you can get this done at up to 1500km, however, it is best informing the service centre in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191004-9.45.32-am-1.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191004-9.45.32-am-2.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191004-9.45.32-am-3.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20191004-9.45.32-am.jpeg  

AGwagon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:04   #3537
BHPian

Want to share an experience as it might help fellow Seltos owners.
On Sunday evening my TPMS started blinking with the left rear tyre showing a pressure of 29psi. I was anyways planning to take out the air and fill nitrogen. Took the car to my regular shop and filled nitrogen to 33psi in all 4 wheels.
I started driving and after some time front wheels started showing 32psi while the rear wheels were showing 31psi. However, low tyre pressure indicator on the instrument cluster remained illuminated and the rear left wheel continued to blink.

I called up the service center yesterday to check if they were open. But they were closed for the assembly elections. The guy who picked up the phone asked me what the issue is. I explained the problem and told him that the TPMS is malfunctioning. He asked me to inflate the tyres to rated pressure. He sounded confident that this would solve the problem.
I took my car to the shop again today and inflated all tyres to 35psi. 50m into my drive the lights are gone!! Everything is normal again. Front wheels are now showing 34psi while rear wheels are showing 33psi.
biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:15   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I am posting some of the pics of the damage to get a better idea. As you would see, superficially the damage looks quite contained and seems to affect only a few components, however, given the internals are so densely packaged, a misalignment of one component causes damage to the others, which resulted in many other components having to be replaced.
The sturdy hood has taken the impact quite well as the deformation does not appear nasty. I feel the headlamps not giving up and the calibration of the airbag deployment threshold/sensitivity to not activate for an impact of such height, angle and intensity saved you a lot of trouble that night.

May I request you to share costs of the following from the breakdown you've got from the A.S.S, when you get a chance?
- Hood
- Under-hood insulation cladding (if the part is listed separately)
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:10   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Want to share an experience as it might help fellow Seltos owners.
On Sunday evening my TPMS started blinking with the left rear tyre showing a pressure of 29psi. I was anyways planning to take out the air and fill nitrogen. Took the car to my regular shop and filled nitrogen to 33psi in all 4 wheels.
I started driving and after some time front wheels started showing 32psi while the rear wheels were showing 31psi. However, low tyre pressure indicator on the instrument cluster remained illuminated and the rear left wheel continued to blink.

I called up the service center yesterday to check if they were open. But they were closed for the assembly elections. The guy who picked up the phone asked me what the issue is. I explained the problem and told him that the TPMS is malfunctioning. He asked me to inflate the tyres to rated pressure. He sounded confident that this would solve the problem.
I took my car to the shop again today and inflated all tyres to 35psi. 50m into my drive the lights are gone!! Everything is normal again. Front wheels are now showing 34psi while rear wheels are showing 33psi.
A similar thing is happening with my Seltos also. I had filled the tyres on first day itself with 35psi but after 2 days the front left tyre pressure dropped and the TPMS started blinking, it reached 28 psi. Again i inflated it to 35 then again it dropped within few hours to 33, then 31, then 30, and now is back to 33 all of a sudden. Even at 32-33 its showing TPMS error which is getting very irritating.
Couldn't take time from last 2-3 days to visit the ASC but will do surely very soon.
I don't think i have a slow puncture, the tyres are just 200kms old.
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:22   #3540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
The HTX manual is not as punchy as the 1.4 L turbo but it doesn't feel underpowered, atleast in city conditions.

The IVT gearbox is not meant to be floored. It is best enjoyed when you provide a gradual throttle input. If you floor the car, the engine will rev without any power being transmitted to the axle, hence the increased noise.
It should be very comfortable to drive in the city and should be ok for highway runs once you are used to driving that kind of transmission.
The IVT gearbox in general is pretty fuel efficient, may even surpass the manual variant when driven properly.

IVT/CVT are prettly reliable and no major negative feedback has come across with respect to reliability.
If you are driving the car primarily and drive for long hours, I would certainly recommend getting the HTX IVT. At about 1 lakh rupees more, the IVT is a good upgrade.

Thank you for your inputs. It was the very first time for me driving a CVT.

Yes most of my drives are going to be within the city. I had opted for MT just for those occasional highway trips. But i feel its wiser to go for IVT. When are you getting yours delivered?

To the peeps who are already enjoying the Seltos, How much time does it take the car to be delivered after the allotment? (Without any finance hurdle)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks