Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2019, 16:11   #3466
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Would really like to understand how good (or bad) the diesel AT is..
Diesel AT is good in its own terms. Smooth, a bit high revving for the speed and it is a bit underpowered than the creta in my opinion. It should do well in its manual guise. I don't know why I did not like the tc. The TC had a tough time closing gaps in traffic at moderate speeds say 40 to 60kmph. The car almost always over revved for the speed it was doing. I could feel the rubber band effect at 60kmph on sharp throttle inputs. The 1.4 DCT had no issues here, was accelerating almost as good as a GT tsi.

If your drive is primarily in the city and if you are not a gap closer in traffic TC should be just fine. My friend who drives an anhc CVT felt that the 1.5 TC is as good as it. I would say GTX plus 6AT is a bit overpriced for the performance on offer. I would rather settle for a HTK+ D6AT which is the most VFM model in the diesel line IMO. May be do a custom leather interior and add some good components.

And if you have the moolah add 17inchers with wide tyres. That was what I had in my mind if I would pick the diesel AT.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 16:23   #3467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I would rather settle for a HTK+ D6AT which is the most VFM model in the diesel line IMO. May be do a custom leather interior and add some good components.

And if you have the moolah add 17inchers with wide tyres. That was what I had in my mind if I would pick the diesel AT.
On road pricing for the HTK+ AT is still around 16 Lakhs on-road here in Chennai, to me it does not seem very VFM, considering it has only basic safety and convenince features. I feel Kia should have prioced this variant around 1-2 lakhs chepaer, it would have been a good sales volume driver.

Recently launched XUV300 W6 Diesel AMT variant has comparable creature comforts and safety features and can be had for around 11 lakhs on-road after discounts. Granted, it is not exactly the same category and is an AMT, but has comparable interior space and is Rs. 5 lakhs chaper!
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 17:46   #3468
BHPian

I am terribly disappointed by the Bose music system, mediocre at best, not even above average. I had very high expectation but after spending two days I don't know how to better this. Do you think changing speakers work or is it the amp that need to be changed?

Last edited by springisking : 19th October 2019 at 17:53.
springisking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 18:44   #3469
BHPian

Hi everyone! This is my very first post on the forum. Thank you mods for the approval.
Very curious to know from people of Mumbai that are the deliveries of KIA SELTOS very slow here in Mumbai? As i read other posts of people from Bangalore, Kerala & Delhi that it is raining Seltos in their respective places. I have booked mine (HTX 1.5G MT) on 8th Oct 2019 and since then have just seen one seltos on road.
Old 19th October 2019, 19:53   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I have had it since a day only and have driven 27 kms through delhi traffic. No heating issues whatsoever. Drove the car in Normal mode. Have ensured that the break is fully depressed and no crawling. That is it .

Upgrade done on tyres : Did a Michelin Primacy 4ST 225/55 R17 and works like a bliss. Super ride quality
Have DCT as well. Good to hear about trouble free B2B situation.
What about ODO error on 225/55 R17 ?? I think upgrading to 235 would have been better .

Saw in your next post that it costed you nearly 29k for 4 tyres. I was also interested in the same upgrade so inquired the Michelin dealer here, he quoted 4500 buy back for my Goodyear’s and 10k a piece for Primacy 4ST. So in all a 22k update. Do not mine were just 65km old tyres.

Last edited by sidenzo : 19th October 2019 at 19:59.
Old 19th October 2019, 20:14   #3471
BHPian

Did any one test drove or buy the 1.4 turbo manual?

I am interested in one and looking for driving reviews.

Any pointers would be really helpful
Old 19th October 2019, 20:30   #3472
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

I drove it. It’s fun to drive with enough power on tap. The clutch play is a little long but apart from that, a great car. The gears slot in nicely as well. Go for it, if you definitely want a manual transmission.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 20:43   #3473
BHPian

Quote:

It's a fun to drive manual, the gear shifts are smooth like butter. It feels very identical to a Hyundai Creta but with more power in store.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 21:27   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Hi everyone! This is my very first post on the forum. Thank you mods for the approval.
Very curious to know from people of Mumbai that are the deliveries of KIA SELTOS very slow here in Mumbai? As i read other posts of people from Bangalore, Kerala & Delhi that it is raining Seltos in their respective places. I have booked mine (HTX 1.5G MT) on 8th Oct 2019 and since then have just seen one seltos on road.
Hi, welcome to this great forum! I am from Mumbai as well and I am hopefully receiving my delivery in the first week of November. I do see my dealer in Malad delivering a lot of cars when I go to the showroom, but I also have seen only one Seltos on the road. I have seen plenty of Hectors though, so I don't know what is the reason.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 21:51   #3475
BHPian

Quote:

I have both the 1.4L DCT & Manual. These are my observation since 2 days of my ownership.
1) The initial surge is better in Manual than DCT.
2) In manual the steering felt lighter to use.
3) Overall the manual felt loose and DCT a bit firm in its stride.

Both are fun to drive options that’s for sure.
sidenzo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 22:44   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Have DCT as well. Good to hear about trouble free B2B situation.
What about ODO error on 225/55 R17 ?? I think upgrading to 235 would have been better .

Saw in your next post that it costed you nearly 29k for 4 tyres. I was also interested in the same upgrade so inquired the Michelin dealer here, he quoted 4500 buy back for my Goodyear’s and 10k a piece for Primacy 4ST. So in all a 22k update. Do not mine were just 65km old tyres.
I was getting the 20k quote for 225/50 R17 which would have lowered the ride height which is also a primacy 4st.

To maintain ride height I had to opt for 225/55 R17 hence the difference. The dealer is a trusted one and the Michelin authorized dealer.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 02:11   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rd View Post
Hurray!!! Got keys of my Kia Seltos HTK+ D-AT.

Couple of specific questions about your particular variant (which I am also looking at) if you don't mind:
-Does it have hill launch assist (or whatever Kia calls it)?
-Does it have electronic stability control?

Sorry for the basic questions but the brochure is not detailed enough on the specifications per variant.
Old 20th October 2019, 10:59   #3478
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know who can we complain to regarding this forced insurance thing that KIA is doing. I am sure they must be some ombudsman or agency whose laws they are flaunting by forcing their insurance onto people. Moreover they are outright lying by saying its a 3 year insurance, when it's actually just for a year.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th October 2019 at 13:17. Reason: Typo.
Old 20th October 2019, 11:13   #3479
BHPian

Send a Complaint to IRDA - Insurance Regulatory Development Authority. A Car Dealer should sell only cars and accessories. Financial products should be bought from Financial Advisors or Companies.

The Dealer is just milking the cow, since you're showing desperation.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 13:15   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Couple of specific questions about your particular variant (which I am also looking at) if you don't mind:
-Does it have hill launch assist (or whatever Kia calls it)?
-Does it have electronic stability control?

Sorry for the basic questions but the brochure is not detailed enough on the specifications per variant.
Hopefully this should answer your questions. This is a detailed spec comparison for all variants across the trim levels:
https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html
rutwij is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks