Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 11:02   #3061
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The bigger 1.4GDI will inherently be a lot less sensitive than Venue's 1.0 turbo petrol in handling day to day duties without giving shocks at the petrol pumps. No replacement for displacement, bigger engines always give more consistent economy figures across varied conditions. Of course, if you drive pedal to metal, FE will drastically reduce just like any turbo petrol.
It may be premature, but I did not feel the urge to push the car. The convenience of an auto calms you down initially . I have heard similar reaction from others when they moved from manual to auto
Old 1st October 2019, 11:26   #3062

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Got my GTX DCT yesterday. My dealer had delivered 18 cars till 28th of September. They had 3 deliveries lined up for 29th, mine being the first.

Hi Biplab, congrats on your white 7DCT delivery! Ride safe, enjoy!

Yes, you were the first to get delivery that day, 29th Sept!! And the RED 7DCT that there was mine :-).

Amazing we spoke, when I congratulated you, little knowing that two Bongs, and T-BHPians, were taking delivery at the same day and time and same cars to boot :-)

To all having doubts on efficacy of the DCT in stop-go traffic, I was stuck for about 30 mins in absolute stop-go traffic crossing Thane and the Transmission Temp went up from 3rd bar (normal ride) to 6th bar, and at least 5 bars below the RED liner!

Just an update on FE, I drove to South Mumbai from Thane, and the FE turned out approx 11-11.5 KMPL, with an average mileage of 10.4, at the MID. The distance was about 52 Kms.

In the 50 odd Kms drive, which was mostly highway for me, the car did go up to D6, but rest of the drive in city conditions, and being a Sunday, it was generally in D4 / D5.

Same as Biplab, the car was on 50PSI at delivery, and I shot it down to 32. The ride is very good and pliable, once the PSI is set. The engine purrs, and we glided along. The turbo lag, if at all you nitpick, is actually non-existent, with the gear shift being really smooth!

Atypical of all DCT, it may take a micro-second to get to a suitable gear in the stop-go traffic, but there is no perceptible drive error in that!

The car picks up from start superbly and gathers speed confidently. I have strictly kept the car between 1500 - 2000 RPM, and the speed has gone up to 65 KMPH, but settling down on a steady run, it maintained 60-62 KMPH in about 1500 RPM.

I am posting a pic here!!

Best wishes to all. My personal take, its a car worth buying!

Commander Soumya Dutta.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-my-kia-seltos-pic-2.jpg  

cdrsd is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:21   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Wanted to update the thread by announcing that i have received a confirmed allocation for my 1.4 Petrol GTX+ DCT last weekend. Have planned the delivery this Dussehra
Looking forward
Congratulations to you on your impending car delivery during this Dusshera season.
Will be eagerly waiting for your video review of this vehicle & updates as they happen.
Congratulations once again.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:52   #3064

Hi,

I have booked Seltos GTX+ Dct but the pricing of the civic now looks very attractive since Honda is giving massive discounts on Civic. We are considering Civic Petrol VX.

Any post ownership review of the Seltos?

Need suggestions please!

Thanks,
Anant.
Old 1st October 2019, 14:46   #3065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Great; congrats. We're in Haryana and so far no word from dealership. We pre-booked the very first day
Thanks !

I too had pre-booked on the very 1st day i.e. 16th July '19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Hear only the white color has been dispatched. I have booked Red and the SA confirmed Red is not dispatched yet.
As per my info other colours too have been dispatched e.g. Punchy Orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Congrats Karan, looking forward for your first impressions
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations to you on your impending car delivery during this Dusshera season.
Will be eagerly waiting for your video review of this vehicle & updates as they happen.
Congratulations once again.
Thanks Ithaca,

The wait has been long (read : frustrating) hence I too am eagerly looking forward to film the Seltos as soon as it arrives
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:16   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anant Banka View Post
I have booked Seltos GTX+ Dct but the pricing of the civic now looks very attractive since Honda is giving massive discounts on Civic. We are considering Civic Petrol VX.

Can I ask what price the VX is coming to? Last I checked, the discounts were only on the base V model.

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2019 at 15:33. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 1st October 2019, 15:21   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anant Banka View Post

I had this dillema as well. Things which worked for me in favor of the Seltos are

a) It is an SUV and i currently drive a Honda City i-Dtec 2014 hence already a sedan owner.
b) Think that the Civic will not be technically be an upgrade from a City
c) The Civic is a BS4 engine vs the BS6 engine of the Seltos
d) The features offered in the Seltos are way more than the Civic
e) Does not impact me but this pointer is talked about ( CVT is not as enthusiastic as a DCT gearbox)

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2019 at 15:34. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Alive2Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:30   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I had this dillema as well. Things which worked for me in favor of the Seltos are

Civic has a BS VI engine. All the other points drove me towards a Seltos, too.

Last edited by ampere : 1st October 2019 at 15:33. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 1st October 2019, 15:37   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Civic has a BS VI engine. All the other points drove me towards a Seltos, too.
Oh Thanks for the clarification. Was not aware of it.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:39   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
As per my info other colours too have been dispatched e.g. Punchy Orange.
Yeah but don't understand their order of priority. White I can understand but why orange, black and blue over Red? Had called my SA and said I am ok now with either Red or White and he said next dispatch is for Black which I found to be strange.

I am tired waiting now, I booked 1 week before pre order started directly with the Narra motors SA so the wait has been real long. Give me the car soon
Old 1st October 2019, 16:51   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I am tired waiting now, I booked 1 week before pre order started directly with the Narra motors SA so the wait has been real long. Give me the car soon
Same here, I also booked at Naara, a week before the online booking opening, mine is GTX manual white+black, still there is no word about its arrival. SA don't have any clue whatsoever. He even suggested me to go for white and get the black painting done thinking . He even told, for giving access to do PDI on their stockyard, they have escalate and send mail bla bla, and suggested me to pay the ex-showroom price so that they will bring the car to the showroom.

Today came to know about the availability of this vehicle at Epitome Whitefiled, again booked it, and I'm getting this in another 3-4 days. I'm yet to cancel my booking at Naara, will do it today itself.
Old 1st October 2019, 16:58   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I will keep posting the updates here. Do let me know if anyone has any specific questions. I am leaving tomorrow for a 4 day road trip, covering more than 1000kms. Will post some updates after it's completion. The car has now 200km on ODO and seems to be averaging 14kmpl as per the MID. Will update on the first tankful soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
I am getting delivery of my car tomorrow. The dealership has run out of mats. they planned to give the car to me with paper mats. I had some spare mats of my own. Asked them to put those in the car for delivery. Went around shopping for custom mats, but the availability is very poor. I finally got in touch with Elegant Auto Retailers and ordered a set of 7D mats which will reach me in ten days. The mats are black with red stitching to go with the interior theme of the GTX!!

Hey guys congratulations on your new ride. I too have booked GTX+DCT in Silver colour and my brother a GTX+ Manual in Grey colour. Shortly there will be 2 Kia's in my garage.
Just interested to know the real world FE figures, a regular update from you guys would bring me at peace.
Also if possible can any one of you post pics of the cabin at night? i want to see the instruments light in action, with and without the white led cabin lights.
Cheers. Thank you. Happy motoring.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 20:10   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, as per my information the GTX+ DCT went into production around 21st September & dispatches started last week.
Karan561 - Is the color of your car Glacier White or Pearl White.

Also is the interior Black or Brown or is it a combo?

Can you share some pics.

Thx.
Old 1st October 2019, 20:29   #3074
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Karan561 - Is the color of your car Glacier White or Pearl White.

Also is the interior Black or Brown or is it a combo?

Thx.
Let me reply on behalf of him as I've booked a GTX in the same colour albeit in dual tone. The official colour name is 'Glacier White Pearl'. There is another white called 'Clear White' which I think is only available in the lower tech line variants (HTE and HTK). GTX+ comes with a two tone black and beige interior, while the GTK and GTX come with a fully black interior.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 20:52   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
2000 KM update : in 30 days ~1850 driven by me, rest by friends.

7) No option to turn off lock & unlock siren/beeps - its annoying when I arrive late to home or when leaving early.
Understand from one of the Seltos forums that the beep can be turned off. It was done at the service centre from the key fob itself. You may like to check this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks