Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 22:19   #2311
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Has anyone received a tentative delivery date for the DCT? I did a day 1 booking and my dealer tells me it will take 3 to 4 months!! What was all this hoopla of pre booking then??
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 22:21   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.marine View Post
As it was mentioned in the manual I feel Kia is confusing more, the already confused customers by not mentioning kerb weight clearly. I read in rushlane.com that it is between 1345 to 1510 kgs for the Korean Seltos.
I just want to clarify that GVW is the weight of the vehicle with its parts including cargo and passengers.
Kerb weight is the weight of the car including the fluid.
Correct me if I am wrong
Kerb weight is usually defined as the weight of a car with all fluids (coolant, engine oil, brake fluid) plus a full tank of fuel and may include the weight of a driver (weighing perhaps 75kg??).

So the Korean Seltos apparently has a heavier kerb weight than ours (~1250 Kg)? Any bets as to where the extra weight adds up?
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 22:29   #2313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.sharma View Post
What's written in some of the posts above is true. I am one of the Petrol SUV buyers in the market, having my eyes on Hector Hybrid, Seltos and Duster Here's the link to my initial impressions of Hector: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4611613 (MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L)

Below I'm expressing my view for Seltos (1.4 Turbo
Where did you test drive the 1.4 GDI? Was it the DCT or the manual transmission?
Old 25th August 2019, 22:53   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
So the Korean Seltos apparently has a heavier kerb weight than ours (~1250 Kg)? Any bets as to where the extra weight adds up?
20mm longer wheel base. 4WD system, longer front end with a bonnet line consisting Adaptive cruise control, bigger 18inch wheels and tires, 2.0L engine, heated rear seats, heated and cooled seats in front. I hope that helps to gain weight.
momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 23:36   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Where did you test drive the 1.4 GDI? Was it the DCT or the manual transmission?
I drove the manual, DCT hasn't started according to them. It'll be available by end first week of september. I TD the vehicle at PPG, speedingo KIA.

Am I the only one who experienced finding comfortable driving position a hassle? Or is it how all SUV are meant to be? Since I didn't feel any such issue in Hector or Duster.
Old 25th August 2019, 23:46   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once again, in this driving position, I could ready only half of the HUD and its angle is not adjustable. In short, HUD wasn't adjustable to my driving position but rather I had to adjust myself to it.
The HUD angle can be adjusted through the settings in Touchscreen Audio system. I faced the same issue, and the SA adjusted the angle so that contents are visible.

On the side note, I find the HUD more of a gimmick than real utility. The position of HUD in Seltos, doesn't make it a 'Head Up Display". For me it was way below line of sight, I had to tilt my neck down to look at the HUD. Also, my vision cone had cowl top/ bonnet in background, making it harder to read. May be shorter height people will find it more useful (I am not very tall, 5'9"). May be HUDs position will make more sense in sedans due low seating.

True HUDs are supposed to project information on the windshield right in the normal vision cone while looking straight ahead, like in fighter jets from where this concept came in. But making windshields HUD compatible is costly affair and what's need for that when companies can fool masses with a placebo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Kerb weight is usually defined as the weight of a car with all fluids (coolant, engine oil, brake fluid) plus a full tank of fuel and may include the weight of a driver (weighing perhaps 75kg??).
As per Indian regulation, driver weight is not included in Kerb Weight. Not sure about Korean regulations. IIRC, Germany includes driver weight.

Also, total added weight for driver is 68kg (location: driver seat) plus 7kg luggage (location: center of luggage area floor).

While calculating GVW, each passenger is counted as 68kg; plus 7kg luggage for each passenger placed in luggage area. In addition, manufacturer prescribed additional loads like roof rack, load on roof rack, extra luggage etc. are also added.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 25th August 2019 at 23:48.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 00:12   #2317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]Once again, in this driving position, I could ready only half of the HUD and its angle is not adjustable. In short, HUD wasn't adjustable to my driving position but rather I had to adjust myself to it.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4639364
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 05:45   #2318
BHPian

People complaining about the HUD. During my short test drive session I had no time to even adjust my seat. I'm 5"7 and my legs are very long so the seat was way back. I was seated really low. I'm short in my body sense so I couldn't really see. Electrically adjustable seats are time consuming and I have never used them so I stuck to whatever position was given to me. (I regret that)

Despite that, the HUD was up, that was hampering my vision. As I drove for the first minute and the sales man was trying to praise the HUD system (where i couldn't see any writings) I rolled it down. That glass piece was actually irritating. I'm sure that i needed perfect seat adjustments and HUD adjustments but the test drive felt a rush from my side as well as the waiting list of people wanting to test drive.

So I ended up for a second test drive to my house that is after 2 weeks. The thing that annoyed me was that only one car was there was test drive. There were not real potential buyers, most of them just visited to experience the badass which is alright. I over heard customers wanting to buy Diesel and test driving Petrol.

The thing that concerns me is that gtx+ plus dct has the longest waiting period as confirmed by dealer.
Old 26th August 2019, 08:06   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Blackbird: Creta-rivaling SUV being developed

Speculated to be TATA's Creta rivalling C/SUV- Blackbird, now spied testing .

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2020tatablackbirdsuvspiedtestfront.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-newtatablackbirdsuvlaunchpriceindia.jpg

Quote:
reveal the finer design details, like the eye-brow-like LED DRLs and low-set projector headlamps which are consistent with Tata Motors’ new crossover design language.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th August 2019 at 08:10.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 08:14   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
There is a flood cess of 1% as well,
Here in Cochin, the on-road prices are (as per Incheon Kia)

1.4 GTX DCT - 19.56 L and 19.79 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.4 GTX DCT Dual Tone - 19.74 L and 20.03 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.5 HTX+ AT - 19.50 L and 19.81 L with extended warranty and accessories
1.5 HTK+ AT - 15.44 L and 15.75 L with an extended warranty and accessories basic kit
Is it because of flood Cess the ex showroom prices are higher ? But I thought its added extra to the ex showroom price. Because of that stupid 1% people buying HTX plus manual and GTX manual have to shell out extra 1 L as road tax

It is already 20 L on road, so the up coming GTX Plus automatics will be 21-22 L. I really doesn’t think the car is worth such a high price tag, after all you can get same engine and essentially same safety features for 8 L cheaper in entry variants. The only automatic variant which looks reasonable is HTK plus diesel AT at 15.5 L. But now I am waiting for the the launch of compass diesel automatic in the lower variants and harrier Automatic.

Comparing Jeep compass sports plus model with the top end diesel seltos, for 1 L extra, we will get a bigger, better capable, more fun to drive car with bigger engine, better build quality and multi link rear suspension. Yes we will miss lot of equipments and gimmicks, but jeep also give some extras such as dual zone climate control and electronic parking break. Jeep engine is not BS 6 compliant, the sales agent says its BS 6 ready, can be upgraded for a price. Not sure whether its true, however i can forgive that if i get a good discount.
rapid_fire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 08:21   #2321
BHPian

Thanks for pointing that out. We'll, in that case the SA wasn't aware of the fact that the screen was adjustable. I asked him while driving and he said NO.
Old 26th August 2019, 09:31   #2322
BHPian

I have some personal experience with HUD (rented Holden Commodore from Avis Australia for about 10 days).

I found it to be really useful as it enabled me to know my speed without taking the eyes off the road. What was perhaps even more useful was that it constantly displayed the speed zone I was in. I am still not sure how the car got this data, maybe part of the maps itself.
amit73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 09:33   #2323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculated to be TATA's Creta rivalling C/SUV- Blackbird, now spied testing .
Creta and Seltos written all over the body!

Anyway, looks a very promising design from Tata.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 09:54   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculated to be TATA's Creta rivalling C/SUV- Blackbird, now spied testing
Looks wider than the Creta/Seltos. I like the stance; it looks like a proper SUV.
Old 26th August 2019, 09:59   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
This is the only one I have
Here is a marginally clearer picture from Sparsh Auto, New Delhi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seltos Final Pricelist_1.pdf (384.7 KB, 499 views)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks