Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 16:08   #2431
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
OT, anyone has driven a Diesel AT HTX+? How is the lag? What is the expected real world mileage? Also is it missing the rain sensing wiper as well, amongst many other things?
I test drove HTX+ D1.5 AT and found that to be the pick of the lot among the Seltos AT models. I currently drive a Duster 110 AWD RXZ and found the power delivery better in Seltos AT and was pleasantly surprised by the clean pulling right from the get go. The gear shifts were masked nicely and did not feel the gear upshifting or downshifting. No jerks, vibrations whatsoever. 15 mins test drive sealed it for me. The Ride quality is almost up there in the lines of Duster, i would say at about 75% match, which i can live with.
The dealer was kind enough to offer TD of GTX GDI DCT as well. In comparison to Diesel+AT combo, the DCT was behaving very badly, i think it was in ECO mode and the power delivery was pathetic to say the least. Didn't get a chance to try the sports mode, but again the mileage of DCT would be a big deterrent for me to opt for GDI+DCT.
A Big thumbs up for Epitome KIA,whitefield. they have been very willing to help and they followed up with me to come and take TD of the available models and they are willing to hold the booking for GTX+ D-AT until they get a confirmation from KIA on the model existence and price. If not for them, I would have cancelled this booking as well.

Last edited by v6kgang : 29th August 2019 at 16:09. Reason: grammar
v6kgang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 16:42   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Was it an online booking? I want to cancel my online booking but the dealership is stalling. Dealership says Kia has to cancel it and Kia customer care says Dealer has to cancel.

Let me know what happens in your case. Ill direct the dealership to this thread . I am thinking of serving a legal notice to Kia and the dealership in this regard. I also have call recording.
No, i made the booking directly at the dealership.
Old 29th August 2019, 16:47   #2433
BHPian

Has anyone, in any location, managed to get any discounts/freebies such as basic accessories kit free? Ofcourse, One way to save cost is to opt for Insurance from outside instead of KIA Safety Insurance. Anything else other than this?
Old 29th August 2019, 17:17   #2434
BHPian

Read a lot of comparison of models of Seltos and MG Hector- my first impressions, some of us are comparing apples and oranges. Firstly, comparing price of Hector with Seltos. Hector is Bs4 and Seltos is BS6. It costs more to make BS6 compliant engines
Secondly, HT and GT models have different safety features- GT has all disc brakes while HT has only front discs. People not so well aware of automobile tech and market read our forums for knowledge and inspiration.
So, all are requested to make informed comparisons when comparing.

Cheers
drive_or_die is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 17:25   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Has anyone, in any location, managed to get any discounts/freebies such as basic accessories kit free? Ofcourse, One way to save cost is to opt for Insurance from outside instead of KIA Safety Insurance. Anything else other than this?
No, I would like to know the same as well. I was told the accessories kit will cost Rs 8439, could anyone please tell me what is included in the accessories kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
Read a lot of comparison of models of Seltos and MG Hector- my first impressions, some of us are comparing apples and oranges. Firstly, comparing price of Hector with Seltos. Hector is Bs4 and Seltos is BS6. It costs more to make BS6 compliant engines
Secondly, HT and GT models have different safety features- GT has all disc brakes while HT has only front discs. People not so well aware of automobile tech and market read our forums for knowledge and inspiration.
So, all are requested to make informed comparisons when comparing.

Cheers
I believe the HT Diesel variant has all disc brakes whereas the petrol variant only has front discs.
binoyyj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 18:56   #2436
BHPian

Hi would anyone know if any Delhi NCR based dealer has a Diesel Auto available for TD? Please let me know.
Old 29th August 2019, 19:17   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi would anyone know if any Delhi NCR based dealer has a Diesel Auto available for TD? Please let me know.
No dealer has it till date. It is only the DCT and IVT which are available for a test drive.

Test drove the GTX DCT variant today at Allied Kia, Noida. The car looked visually good and the 2 tone theme looks great . The reverse camera with adaptive guidelines was good. I started to push the car and the car was in sports mode. It appeared that the car was holding on to a gear for too long and hence the car was not able to pull for any spirited driving.

The car steering was good enough however no way near the sedan feel ( my 2014 honda city idtec). The brakes felt good. Overall i would like to still drive the diesel to check if the diesel gives the same feedback for the car, I might look somewhere else however have high hopes from the diesel .

off topic - The sales rep mentioned that Kia has mandatorily sent HTE and HTK+ variants to all dealers and asking them to clear the stock or keep it with them before they start taking actual orders. The rep was pushing for the HTK+ diesel AT and said that can provide this car within september by 20 september latest. For all HTX and above models wait time is 3 months.

Overall looking to drive the IVT and Diesel Auto before taking the final call.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2019 at 04:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your first post and add content if re-posting within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2019, 19:27   #2438
BHPian

Just sold my 2006 2.5V 8 str. Innova and booked the Seltos HTX Diesel MT, in Steel Silver.
Took a test drive today on the HTX+ Diesel MT. Was surprised by how quiet and refined the engine was. Boot is huge and the seats are very comfortable. Couldn't really stretch it's legs due to traffic, but the engine is quite peppy and the gear shift throws are short and smooth.

The HTX+ premium of 120k over the HTX is not justified IMHO.

Dealer has promised delivery end Oct. or early Nov.
Old 29th August 2019, 20:34   #2439
BHPian

Kia Seltos Off-Roader Rendered With Purposeful Exterior Updates

Off-Road Kia Seltos rendered!! Badass!!

Source :https://gaadiwaadi.com/kia-seltos-of...erior-updates/

and

Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosoffroadrender.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 29th August 2019 at 20:36.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 20:47   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Was promised delivery before august end, now the dealership is stalling delivery even when i pre booked the car on 15/07 itself, I suspect they are selling the initial lots in black. Overall not a pleasant customer service experience.
Which dealer is this? Frontier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Just sold my 2006 2.5V 8 str. Innova and booked the Seltos HTX Diesel MT, in Steel Silver.
Took a test drive today on the HTX+ Diesel MT. Was surprised by how quiet and refined the engine was. Boot is huge and the seats are very comfortable. Couldn't really stretch it's legs due to traffic, but the engine is quite peppy and the gear shift throws are short and smooth.

The HTX+ premium of 120k over the HTX is not justified IMHO.

Dealer has promised delivery end Oct. or early Nov.
I'm looking to book the HTX Diesel MT as well. Can you elaborate on your test drive and purchase experience?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2019 at 04:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2019, 22:12   #2441
Senior - BHPian

On road Seltos looks smaller than Creta. From front, Seltos appears more of Brezza/XUV 300 size. Shorter height is the one to blame here. Interiors of top of the line HTX+ are nice, nothing earth shattering though. Frankly speaking I didn't find the plastic quality/interior of lower grade that great. Barring 1.4GTX I will pickup the Creta over this.
Old 29th August 2019, 22:32   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
No, I would like to know the same as well. I was told the accessories kit will cost Rs 8439, could anyone please tell me what is included in the accessories kit?
I am attaching a price list from Kia Autobahn Mumbai which has showrooms in Andheri and Worli.
The accessories are listed here. The 4th and 5th year warranty is also included in the overall price.

How much can one save on taking the insurance from outside?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE-LIST-KIA-SELTOS.pdf (98.9 KB, 700 views)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:55   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Test drove the GTX DCT variant today at Allied Kia, Noida. The car looked visually good and the 2 tone theme looks great . The reverse camera with adaptive guidelines was good. I started to push the car and the car was in sports mode. It appeared that the car was holding on to a gear for too long and hence the car was not able to pull for any spirited driving.
I didn't see the DCT when i went to Allied on Sunday that is 25/08 ? As per Ayushman the Sales Rep , they didn't have the DCT , how & when did you manage to drive the DCT there ? The only cars there were the GTX+ Manual in red & an orange HTK Diesel on the main floor .
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190825_202519.jpg  

Last edited by drift2race : 29th August 2019 at 23:02.
Old 29th August 2019, 23:33   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I didn't see the DCT when i went to Allied on Sunday that is 25/08 ? As per Ayushman the Sales Rep , they didn't have the DCT , how & when did you manage to drive the DCT there ? The only cars there were the GTX+ Manual in red & an orange HTK Diesel on the main floor .
Got the test drive today so maybe the car landed during the week
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 23:42   #2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post

I believe the HT Diesel variant has all disc brakes whereas the petrol variant only has front discs.
I have added the accessories price list from JSP Kia in Bangalore. I can live without most of the items listed in the basic accessory list and pick whatever I want from the full list.
[ATTACH=Kia-seltos-accessories.pdf]1911400[/ATTACH]

Regarding your second point, AFAIK, only the base variant of petrol 1.5L has 2 discs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kia-seltos-accessories.pdf (1.58 MB, 1137 views)
kottan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks