Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 21:06   #3076
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Pardon if this is off topic
My friend wanted me to try the hector before buying the Seltos.
Went to the Hector showroom with my wife. She was quite impressed with the presence and oodles of space the hector offered. Took the test drive of the diesel Hector. I won't be considering the diesel at all, thanks to the super-tight and heavy clutch.

I was pleasantly surprised by the way the MG SA treated us. "Kia walas" should learn a lesson or two from how these guys handle customers in spite of a fairly packed showroom. My SA at Incheon Kia, Cochin is an absolute idiot compared to the well informed SA at MG. True the waiting periods are running into months, but I would definitely want to try out the sharp DCT before "begging" my Kia SA to consider sending an invoice and asking him to call me when my Seltos GTX plus is alotted. MG has agreed to bring the car at 7am in the morning to my residence as per my convenience. Impressed with that gesture. I have never been offered a test drive at my residence by any other dealer.
sandygordon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 21:51   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Let me reply on behalf of him as I've booked a GTX in the same colour albeit in dual tone. The official colour name is 'Glacier White Pearl'. There is another white called 'Clear White' which I think is only available in the lower tech line variants (HTE and HTK). GTX+ comes with a two tone black and beige interior, while the GTK and GTX come with a fully black interior.
Are you able to share pics of GTX+ interior if you have taken delivery of the car?
Old 1st October 2019, 21:53   #3078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Are you able to share pics of GTX+ interior if you have taken delivery of the car?
Probably these videos can help you out :

Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 21:55   #3079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Pardon if this is off topic
My friend wanted me to try the hector before buying the Seltos.
Went to the Hector showroom with my wife. She was quite impressed with the presence and oodles of space the hector offered. Took the test drive of the diesel Hector. I won't be considering the diesel at all, thanks to the super-tight and heavy clutch.

I was pleasantly surprised by the way the MG SA treated us. "Kia walas" should learn a lesson or two from how these guys handle customers in spite of a fairly packed showroom. My SA at Incheon Kia, Cochin is an absolute idiot compared to the well informed SA at MG. True the waiting periods are running into months, but I would definitely want to try out the sharp DCT before "begging" my Kia SA to consider sending an invoice and asking him to call me when my Seltos GTX plus is alotted. MG has agreed to bring the car at 7am in the morning to my residence as per my convenience. Impressed with that gesture. I have never been offered a test drive at my residence by any other dealer.
I understand that feeling. Despite what I've learnt from Team Bhp - don't let a bad dealer dictate your choice of car, it's hard not to take that factor into consideration.

I had checked out both cars. Hector way back in July. Then saw Seltos. Had almost decided on the Seltos HTX. Had waited for the test drive for a week. Then was told that I'll have to go to Gurgaon outlet to try the Diesel. The showroom was utter chaos. There was no one to attend to me. I had to ask for a pricelist and brochure. After an hour , got the car for test drive. No sooner had I got the car onto the main road, the SA told me there's a lot of rush, please take a U turn from here. Other people are waiting
After the test drive, we waited but no one came to attend. Left in a huff. Which is a pity. Because I actually liked the Seltos.

Came back to the Kia Safdarjung showroom and expressed my displeasure regarding my experience. Just like that, walked into the MG showroom next door. The entire experience, the way I was treated, taken care of, given importance , it just blew me away. All over again. ( The first time I had gone to the showroom in July, I was handed a 32 page booklet. Who gives that these days?)
I test drove the Diesel. Loved it. Booked the top end Diesel.

MG is on the right track. They got the marketing right. And they're focusing on customer service. Which is what's important in the long run. I thought Kia would be different from the Hyundai experience. I went to see the venue and the attitude of the SA there was take it or leave it, don't waste my time. Jam-packed showroom as always. Kia is going down the same road.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 23:08   #3080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Probably these videos can help you out :
Somewhere I saw/read a while back that the AUTO will come with full black interior. That's why I asked if someone who has taken the delivery of GTX+ Auto, share pics.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-gtxautoint.png
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 23:18   #3081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Somewhere I saw/read a while back that the AUTO will come with full black interior. That's why I asked if someone who has taken the delivery of GTX+ Auto, share pics.

Attachment 1919613
My dealer told me that GTX+ Auto will have the dual tone, black beige interiors and seats.
Old 2nd October 2019, 00:12   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post

Just an update on FE, I drove to South Mumbai from Thane, and the FE turned out approx 11-11.5 KMPL, with an average mileage of 10.4, at the MID. The distance was about 52 Kms.

In the 50 odd Kms drive, which was mostly highway for me, the car did go up to D6, but rest of the drive in city conditions, and being a Sunday, it was generally in D4 / D5.
Congratulations on the car, highway drive giving 11-ish seems to be on lower side. I guess Octavia gives around 15+ in highway with a light foot.
Hope it gets better with more running. please keep us all posted regarding the FE.
Old 2nd October 2019, 00:43   #3083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
My dealer told me that GTX+ Auto will have the dual tone, black beige interiors and seats.
That sucks.

That beige is more like grey (same as Jeep Compass interior)
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:29   #3084
BHPian

Just asking a lame question, can you take Seltos GTX+ DCT to say Leh or Spiti Valley or Jim Corbet etc? I always have had this dream of driving from Bangalore to these places and more to places like Bhutan etc.

Do you need a 4*4 mandatorily or a Seltos DCT with limited drive modes(which I know means nothing really!) would be able to drive to most of these places?
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:46   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Just asking a lame question, can you take Seltos GTX+ DCT to say Leh or Spiti Valley or Jim Corbet etc? I always have had this dream of driving from Bangalore to these places and more to places like Bhutan etc.

Do you need a 4*4 mandatorily or a Seltos DCT with limited drive modes(which I know means nothing really!) would be able to drive to most of these places?
I believe that it's the driver's skill (80%) and the car's capability (20%) that matter. During my visit to Leh, I've seen people in a Tata Nano scale up the mighty Khardung La!

The Seltos or any other car should make it to Spiti or Leh under 'normal' circumstances. Diesels will perform better under low traction+slushy conditions because of the low end torque. However, conditions of total slush, rocks or extreme inclines can only be handled by 4x4s.
DueLLeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 15:24   #3086
BHPian

Hi, update on my booking, am canceling it with a sad note. Wify took a test drive of a HTK+ and was unimpressed. Said the rear bench was uncomfortable, with less depth than could be considered , with very little padding. This combined with less width squeezing 3 full size adults would be difficult. She also thought the boot was small 430 litres on paper not withstanding. She thought the dash was very high, and the base HTE would look very plasticky. But the most critical point was the rear seat. So had to listen to her and with a heavy heart cancel the booking and going for a creta 1.4. Coupled with the fact that I've sold my car and creta is readily available, and the dealer is in my home town. It doesn't make any sense. I had done two bookings, online I've cancelled and requested dealership to refund the other. Let's see how it goes.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:18   #3087
BHPian

A query abaout UVO, which variants support the UVO functionalities?

My friend has finalized the Seltos but confused over availability of features in the range of variants.

He is picking up either GTK or GTX in manual 1.4 petrol. But the SA is saying that full functional UVO is only available in GTX+ Automatic variant. Friend only wants manual and GTX+ is out of his budget.

What's the truth about UVO? Which UVO features are missing in the GTX manual variant?

Last edited by tbppjpr : 2nd October 2019 at 16:20.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:21   #3088
BHPian

I have been informed by the dealer that our car was in transit and expected to arrive in 3-4 days. We had booked HTX plus DAT. Wanted to know if it was mandatory to have insurance from the dealer. I have informally checked with other insurance providers and indicated offers are ~Rs 15000 cheaper than dealer price list. I have NCB from my old car too. Please suggest the best way forward.
What all does registration charges consists of? Indicated Registration charges are Rs 229387 for ex showroom price of Rs. 15.99 Lakhs. Requesting for inputs from BHPians. Thanks!
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:29   #3089
BHPian

Update on my booking, which I had done on the first day of pre-bookings opening, it stands cancelled :-(

I was having the GTX DCT variant in mind and when the price was announced, half my excitement went down. I felt it was priced a lac higher. In the meantime, I had read in other TBHP forums about the potential DCT issues and I started having my own doubts on a Hyundai DCT gearbox. Went for a test drive of the petrol manual (auto was not available then) with family. The drive was good, but not an enthusiastic one. May be DCT variant would have made me a bit more excited. Comments from family was that it was a downgrade from XUV and that the back row space was not comfortable for 3. Comfort during long drive was a definite question mark.

With the pricing being higher, the drive being normal and not so exciting and back row seating being crunchy for 3, we decided not to proceed with the booking. Surprisingly, when I said about my decision to dealer via WhatsApp, there was no trying to convince me or them asking the reason for cancellation. Dealer just replied Ok and yesterday I got a message from them that my cheque is ready.

Now my wait continues for that SUV which has a BS6 engine, reliable auto box, 6 airbags, reasonable seating for 3 rear passengers and a fair price. Heart still says Jeep Compass and I was surprised seeing the number of Jeep Compass and Grand Cheroke in my recent trip to US. Seems to be a fairly hit model in US, or atleast in New Jersey. Jeep could come up with diesel auto in lower models of Jeep Compass. But in my opinion, the pricing for all models starting with Longitude, is high. The diesel auto gearbox could be at least 1 lac higher than the manual version or if it is the same 4x4 auto gearbox as in Traihawk, then it could be easily 2-3 lacs higher. Its is a straight no again and the wait will continue...
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:36   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
A query abaout UVO, which variants support the UVO functionalities?

My friend has finalized the Seltos but confused over availability of features in the range of variants.

He is picking up either GTK or GTX in manual 1.4 petrol. But the SA is saying that full functional UVO is only available in GTX+ Automatic variant. Friend only wants manual and GTX+ is out of his budget.

What's the truth about UVO? Which UVO features are missing in the GTX manual variant?
The UVO connect app starts from GTX manual. The engine start up is only in automatic DCT. The UVO app is again available on GTX+ manual. Again the engine start stop is available on automatic.
Basically you get the geo fencing and tracking system from GTX.
You dont get UVO Connect in GTK
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks