Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2019, 08:24   #3001
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Seat covers installed on HTK+

Sorry, but this looks totally off. Didn't mean to say this but sorry again! Probably you could have tried after market options in JC road if not for Marvin?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th September 2019 at 17:24. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
springisking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 09:54   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree on the fit and finish somewhat not completely satisfied but no complaints, for the total time taken and for this price this is OK.
Congratulations on your purchase!

I doubt OE seat covers would be as ill-fitting as they appear in the photos. It might be a case of poor installation. Maybe you could go back when you have the time and get it sorted?

Last edited by spindoc : 28th September 2019 at 09:55.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:34   #3003
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, got some time, visited Epitome KIA & bought Tan seat covers, they referred a nearby accessories shop to install the same, I also got steering cover installed.
Fixed rear headrest in a 15 lakh car ?? OMG ?!

Freestyle came with fixed rear head rest across variants, consumers made noise and guess what ??

Ford introduced a new variant !

I hope post the initial hype/ demand dies down, Kia will optimize the number of variants and few feature realignments will also happen !

Last edited by Sk8r : 28th September 2019 at 10:44. Reason: Additional point !
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 10:50   #3004
Senior - BHPian

@ Dan Dasco - Congratulations.

Please remove that KIA seat cover and steering cover. It looks really bad and fit is even worse. Car looks good without the cover and black goes well with the blue exterior.

You are in Bangalore and it is known for some of the top seat and steering cover vendors. Option available are plenty and workmanship of some of them are better than OE covers. Some car owners from other cities drive down to Bangalore to get their seat covers installed. Please get rid of it and visit our local TBHP directory for vendor details.

Sorry for my rant. Try if you can return or sell this cover back to KIA. Other option is to use it for couple of years and change it with a better one.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th September 2019 at 11:02.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 12:24   #3005
BHPian

Its really really unfortunate to see that the rear seats of the Seltos are no better than a budget hatchback. As others have pointed out, no contours, no rear seat headrests, very general underthigh seat support. This is definitely not befitting a 15-16 lakh rupee car ! I personally wont give a dime for a car that doesn't come with adjustable headrests all around !
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 12:38   #3006
BHPian

After going through this thread, various walk around videos on youtube, images posted by owners and test drives, I don't see Height adjustable rear head rests, rear armrest and height adjustable front seatbelts on HTK+ D.

But the online configurator on KIA website shows otherwise.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190928123125.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190928123105.jpg

Am I missing anything? IMHO opinion these should have been least in HTK variants considering consumers paying 1.3+ million.
varunswnt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 20:38   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree on the fit and finish somewhat not completely satisfied but no complaints, for the total time taken and for this price this is OK. I always wanted to get everything custom stitched, had spoken with Marvin leather dealer sometime back, they asked to leave the car for 3 to 4 days for mesaurements and installation, with my current usage of the car I couldn't afford that.
For leatherette seat covers, quality is very important. The material should be strong enough to not tear or peel. It should also have a thick felt lining, which helps to keep it cool. I got custom fitted seat covers for my Rapid from Orchis in Mumbai. In 2014 it set be back by Rs11,000. But it was money well spent. They actually cut open the vertical stitches of the original seat and clipped the covers on. So the contours of the seats remained intact. I have been using them since Feb 2014 with no complaints. I would advise you to think about replacing these seat covers in some time. They can become really bothersome in summers.

I am getting delivery of my car tomorrow. The dealership has run out of mats. they planned to give the car to me with paper mats. I had some spare mats of my own. Asked them to put those in the car for delivery. Went around shopping for custom mats, but the availability is very poor. I finally got in touch with Elegant Auto Retailers and ordered a set of 7D mats which will reach me in ten days. The mats are black with red stitching to go with the interior theme of the GTX!!

biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 21:08   #3008
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, got some time, visited Epitome KIA & bought Tan seat covers, they referred a nearby accessories shop to install the same, I also got steering cover installed.

Price : Seat covers : INR 5695/-, Steering cover]
Bro,

Congrats on your new Seltos and I wish you many mile-crunching and wonderful journey ahead.

But, the fitting of the seat cover and steering cover looks like an eye sore. Really sorry for this and I guess original seat would look a lot better. I apologize for this opinion buddy.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 06:19   #3009
BHPian

I decided to go ahead with the GTX plus DCT. They have 1.4 GTX ready in stock to be delivered but I declined, as the difference between the GTX and GTX plus is only 1.3 lakhs. The dealership has asked me to advance some amount for blocking a GTX plus DCT, but I am not comfortable with doing it. But it seems like I will have to pay some money upfront.

I did not expect this from Incheon Kia, Cochin. Hope many had such experiences with Kia.

I told them that I cannot pay now, but if they can show me the evidence that my GTX plus DCT (the car allotted to me) is being shipped from the factory, I can advance a part of the payment. Still, the decision on the particular car would be made only after PDI after its arrival.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 09:20   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I decided to go ahead with the GTX plus DCT. They have 1.4 GTX ready in stock to be delivered but I declined, as the difference between the GTX and GTX plus is only 1.3 lakhs. The dealership has asked me to advance some amount for blocking a GTX plus DCT, but I am not comfortable with doing it. But it seems like I will have to pay some money upfront.

I did not expect this from Incheon Kia, Cochin. Hope many had such experiences with Kia.

I told them that I cannot pay now, but if they can show me the evidence that my GTX plus DCT (the car allotted to me) is being shipped from the factory, I can advance a part of the payment. Still, the decision on the particular car would be made only after PDI after its arrival.
Our of curiosity, may I ask what your reasons are for choosing the petrol over the diesel, which are both at the same price? Just looking to see all the sides of the coin.
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 09:31   #3011
BHPian

Thanks all for the honest feedback and best wishes, I drove 320kms after installing these seat covers and steering wheel, the feel is evident and had to decrease AC temperature than my regular usage.

Now the total ODO touched 2000 kms in 28 days, with 60% city driving, my overall driving would be around 3k including other cars.

Recent FE readings from Full tank to Full tank method
100% city drive 11.26 kmpl
100% highway 17.70 kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
Sorry, but this looks totally off. Didn't mean to say this but sorry again! Probably you could have tried after market options in JC road if not for Marvin?
To go to Marvin or JC road, time would've been the same, also expected a good finish from the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!

I doubt OE seat covers would be as ill-fitting as they appear in the photos. It might be a case of poor installation. Maybe you could go back when you have the time and get it sorted?
The creases are from the packing and it doesn't look as bad as they look in the pictures, I'm not going back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@ Dan Dasco - Congratulations.

Please remove that KIA seat cover and steering cover. It looks really bad and fit is even worse. Car looks good without the cover and black goes well with the blue exterior.

Sorry for my rant. Try if you can return or sell this cover back to KIA. Other option is to use it for couple of years and change it with a better one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
Bro,

But, the fitting of the seat cover and steering cover looks like an eye sore. Really sorry for this and I guess original seat would look a lot better. I apologize for this opinion buddy.
For now this works for me, not sure if I'll change these unless damaged, rear back rest will be folded in most of the highway run to carry plants, farm equipment & luggage, so anything north of 25k wouldn't be of any worth for the usage.
Don Dasco is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 10:36   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Our of curiosity, may I ask what your reasons are for choosing the petrol over the diesel, which are both at the same price? Just looking to see all the sides of the coin.
Reasons for petrol
- Diesels are going out soon. Honda, Suzuki and Toyota are not investing in diesels anymore
- VW will soon move away from diesels, especially in smaller cars (less than 2 tons)
- Seltos diesel is underpowered in my opinion, the automatic transmission is just dimwitted.
- I have around 1200km of running and diesel makes perfect sense, but there is no enjoyable modern diesel automatic in 20 lakhs.
- I would have chosen the diesel manual if it was my requirement but I want the convenience of an automatic, the whole exercise of changing my S cross is for automatic convenience.
- There is no automatic 1.4 turbo petrol this side of Jeep Compass.

Worst case scenario, I can have a bad FE of around 8kmpl, I would have to spend around 4-5k more (part of professional expenses - tax free) per month for fuel than a diesel (compared to 16kmpl in the 1.3 MJD). That would be close to 2 to 2.5 lakh in 5 years at the current prices. So be it.

I spend 1-2 hours in my car per day, 3 hours on a couple of days when I travel 70km. I would like a silent cabin and lag free drive.

Torque converters and CVTs are not my cup of tea. These transmissions are best suited for very powerful engines rather than small engines in my opinion. I have found the Hyundai / Kia power quotes to be too optimistic. A 140ps petrol feels like it has 120 horses and 115 ps diesel feels like it has 95-99 horses.
sandygordon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 16:42   #3013
BHPian

Just booked a Diesel AT GTX+. I agree DCT is the best transmission mode among three autos on offer for Seltos. I chose the TC primarily as I have around 15k+ yearly run and worries about the yet to be proven in crawl-speed Indian city-roads-reliability of DCT. In Bangalore I don't think I may get much chance to enjoy the power of DCT, considering the traffic. Both, even IVT, has its strengths and weaknesses, I went nuts choosing a variant, finally went for diesel.

On a related note, a question. Considering that Kia never had a GT for diesel, are the terrain modes and drive modes (Eco, sport) integrated to the newly planned GTX Plus AT too like that present in GTX+ DCT ?
Any information any one? Showroom guys did not know when I asked.
anoop cheeran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 18:08   #3014
BHPian

I don't think anyone has any information on GTX + D AT. We will have to wait till first batch of cars make it to showroom, to see if there is any discrepancy in features between DCT and AT GTX+
Old 29th September 2019, 18:36   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
I don't think anyone has any information on GTX + D AT. We will have to wait till first batch of cars make it to showroom, to see if there is any discrepancy in features between DCT and AT GTX+
The variant has been clearly mentioned in Kia's brochure from day 1. They just did not tell the price at launch to keep the launch price lucrative in the media. The features are identical. It is just the engine and transmission that are different.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks