Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 13:13   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Compass is priced way higher and should not be compared with Seltos anyways. Anyways, performance is just one aspect what matters ultimately is the overall package and it seems to me Seltos currently appears to be the best bet for me considering all aspects.
Couldn't possibly agree more with you adimicra

Here is the latest comparo by AutoCar and they seem to believe in everything that you have just posted here :

Here is a screen grab of the acceleration timings from AC:
Name:  Auto.png
Views: 6763
Size:  265.5 KB

P.S - Personally, I love Jeep Compass way more than any of these contenders as it is compact and fast. Ironically, the reason I never considered this during my car purchase is incidentally the reason for AC to exclude it from their shootout.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 13:28   #2822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sorry buddy but you are selectively picking one data point
How am I being selective, when I didn't even pick the criteria.

Someone picked 20-80 and 40-100, I just added extra contenders.

If I had to choose factors, I'd choose outright horsepower and torque.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th September 2019 at 17:31. Reason: Spacing
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 13:48   #2823
BHPian

*time to unfollow this thread*

Nobody's adding virtually anything informative and useful to this thread now.

All I saw in the last ten pages was some people ranting about the 'SUV' moniker. Now, arguments.

Being crazy as I am, I've been following this thread since the start.

People, you need to get over yourselves. You should realise that a person who has to buy a Seltos will definitely purchase one. None of this rant is now going to affect his decision making process. What has been said, has been said. What needs to be done will be done.

You're obviously mistaking this segment for being performance oriented. Hatchback on stilts? Be it. A mushy sandwich? BE IT.

But, please refrain yourself from unnecessarily commenting on this thread which I believe has outrun its usefulness. Please, now, go ahead and start ownership threads. That would be more valuable to this forum.

Peace.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th September 2019 at 17:32. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Harjot37 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 14:31   #2824
BANNED

Do NOT continuously derail a thread, and do NOT unnecessarily ignite arguments. You have made your point. Now stop posting on this thread.

Last edited by GTO : 18th September 2019 at 07:14.
simeonovitch is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th September 2019, 14:46   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post
You're obviously mistaking this segment for being performance oriented. Hatchback on stilts? Be it. A mushy sandwich? BE IT.
But, please refrain yourself from unnecessarily commenting on this thread which I believe has outrun its usefulness. Please, now, go ahead and start ownership threads. That would be more valuable to this forum.
Peace.
Sir! IMHO, after the price reveal and variant confusion caused by KIA, I dont think there's any exiting news apart from the owner's who are obviously excited to share every bit of ownership review for the interested souls, I am doing my bit in this thread.

And, there's nothing wrong when someone is trying to tag this car to a category which might help few folks too. I am yet to know the water wading capacity of this car so that I'll be careful when crossing few notorious underpasses in rains, some of my friends who are noobs in automotive got their Brezza and Cretas to my farm thinking that high ground clearance can get them out from the slush but got stuck realizing later that all these crossovers are not meant for serious off roading.

Heck for that same reason, I got stuck in my Himalayan at Kutch salt bed, I was thinking that this is lighter than Tiger and can do stuff being lighter motorcycle., but no!

IMO all these comments are useful for newbies like me.

Last edited by Don Dasco : 17th September 2019 at 14:56.
Don Dasco is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 16:13   #2826
BHPian

Just putting the latest accessories price-list from the dealer, I know someone has posted one many pages back but the english was incomprehensible (apologies for image quality) . So sharing one again. In b/w I found the pricing and quality of most items to be extremely nice.

The dealer was pushing me to go with 7D mats (7D? ), they look a bit OT, but not sure how they survive, apparently these are the rave now and widely used. Anyone here have any feedback on them? I found the funky carpet ones with grey and white pattern to be really nice as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-accessories.jpeg  

AGwagon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 16:45   #2827
BHPian

Let’s talk about the buying preferences. I was surprised to see the booking list of a dealer in Gurgaon. Nearly 45% were GTX Dct. I was just shocked to know that my preference of Htx diesel made me a part of the rare 1.1% of the people who shall buy the Seltos. Htk+ was the second most preferred model in whatever guise it comes in, all variants altogether constituting 35% of the bookings.

Some tit bits:-

The showroom claimed to have not received a single diesel Htx yet and none is in the dispatch too.

No information imparted on the 3m coating compound yet.

Insurance amount charges by Kia is less than 5% off the market quotes.

Tyres on htk+ or lower variants were not Goodyear as in the higher variants.

Black seltos looks deadly, the greys, the whites and the oranges looks too understated.

All engine and transmission variants are giving the expected mileages in their class.

Kia is not responding to the customer complaints promptly.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th September 2019 at 17:34. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
.Albatross. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 17:25   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
Let's talk about the buying preferences. I was surprised to see the booking list of a dealer in Gurgaon. Nearly 45% were GTX Dct. I was just shocked to know that my preference of Htx diesel made me a part of the rare 1.1% of the people who shall buy the Seltos. Htk+ was the second most preferred model in whatever guise it comes in, all variants altogether constituting 35% of the bookings.
I agree with you, I booked the gtx+ diesel and my dealer said that there are only 5 bookings for diesel rest are all petrol . My reason for going to the diesel is the mileage of petrol DCT ( per the Hyundai reputation , it is suspected to drink a lot of fuel)

Reliability of the dry DCT gearbox which might impact the entire ownership experience.

One question - I checked with multiple dealerships and all of them said that the gearbox is not a part of the warranty and that is another big concern for me .

Do let me know your thoughts

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2019 at 18:40. Reason: Spacing in quoted post; compacted quoted post
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 18:39   #2829
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post

Reliability of the dry DCT gearbox which might impact the entire ownership experience.
=====
Do let me know your thoughts
From what I know and read on the Kia website, only the clutch disc “normal wear and tear” is not covered and the rest should be covered. The VAG DSG unit / other DCT units had earned a bad reputation due to multiple reasons like mechatronic failure, control unit failure apart from just wear and tear of the clutch (which also happens in any manual transmission). See the screenshot below. You can read the full warranty details here. Experts on DCT / DSG, please pitch in.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-222251c1eaac4fd981df9316260dd5e5.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 18:52   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
From what I know and read on the Kia website, only the clutch disc “normal wear and tear” is not covered and the rest should be covered. The VAG DSG unit / other DCT units had earned a bad reputation due to multiple reasons like mechatronic failure, control unit failure apart from just wear and tear of the clutch (which also happens in any manual transmission). See the screenshot below. You can read the full warranty details here. Experts on DCT / DSG, please pitch in.
Sure this helps. I am persisting with the conventional TC gearbox as it has earned reliability vs the DCT which may land up being notorious .

I was going through the Asian petrolhead review of the Kia seltos 1.6 Tourbo Petrol DCT and below is the screenshot on the mileage in korea. link to the video as well

Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-mileage.png  

Alive2Drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 19:38   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I was going through the Asian petrolhead review of the Kia seltos 1.6 Tourbo Petrol DCT and below is the screenshot on the mileage in korea.
IMHO, city FE figures for Seoul, South Korea and Mumbai/Bangalore/Delhi won't correspond. We have B2B jams unseen in developed countries.

A rough, apple to oranges comparison would be my Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT, which delivers 8.5 to 9.0 kmpl in pure city usage with 100% AC on. It's NA though.
DueLLeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 19:59   #2832
BHPian

I test drove the Seltos GTX+ last weekend (as a consultant for a family member whose in the market to buy a 20 lakh +/- car). I'm sad to say that the experience was very disappointing. The seats were not comfortable, back seat passengers made a lof of noise about in cabin noise. The centre console felt like an after though,the engine felt very low on power. The SA was unwilling and unable to provide a meaningfully long test drive (especially to check rough road behavior) and constantly reminded us that we need to go back as others are waiting.

So, even though we had almost made up our minds to buy the Seltos before the test drive, we had to drop the idea after.

Went to the Tata showroom right after and was somehow quite impressed with the Harrier.

PS: The focus of our assessment was primarily back seat comfort oriented.
rovingeye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 20:17   #2833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post

Went to the Tata showroom right after and was somehow quite impressed with the Harrier.

PS: The focus of our assessment was primarily back seat comfort oriented.
There may be good deals to be had on the Harrier. Just saw that there are offers of close to 75K off the Harrier in the “new cars prices and discounts” thread.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 20:22   #2834
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
Insurance amount charges by Kia is less than 5% off the market quotes.
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you arrive at this 5% figure? I got a quote for a Tata AIG insurance with every possible add on and it was at least 25% lower than what Kia is offering. Please see the images below. I have an inkling that the add-ons for the Tata AIG covers are more than Kia is offering (couldn’t confirm as the Kia SA wasn’t totally clued in).

Considering this, any idea what the benefits would be for going with the Kia insurance?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-02026a3bd24a4831bd141d1929186f62.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2c5f3d12e49f415e97939e2c09057ffe.jpeg  

ADB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 00:03   #2835

[quote=Don Dasco;4656476]

Quote:
4) Tata Nexon Diesel : Almost decided on this car but didn't get approval from my wife who is not a great fan for the TATA brand unlike me, I always had soft corner for TATA & for the fact I bought Nano for the love for the brand.
tried to convince as much as possible but at the end I got "Ok go ahead if you liked it" kind of approval.
I can understand your pain when I get to confront similar gestures from my wife. TATA Nexon (Diesel) remains the most practical car for me even today. It has stood the test of time and came out of it flying high.
Quote:
I spent 2 sleepless nights as someone pointed out the niggles of GDI engine & DCT transmission (even though I had booked the manual variant)
I spent even more...
Quote:
The more & more I read about unresolved issues with GDI engine, the more unhappy I became added to the confusion created by my wife for the top end GTX+ vs GTX & the news of more waiting period of god knows how long (3 months?) with this confusion, I found HTK as VFM variant & for the fact of immediate delivery I slowly started to like it, but again with the absence of all safety features which is available in GTX, I didn't get a nod from my wife.
IMHO HTK is the best VFM variant. HTK+ adds few more features drilling a relatively bigger hole in your pocket vis a vis additional features on offer. For 1.5 lakh extra, it mainly offers you 16" alloys (decent but not attractive), auto folding OVRM, Rear Wiper/defogger, Cruise Control and Push Button along with few useless (for me) cosmetic upgrades.

Though I am not a fan of Cruise Control, would be grateful if you can share a feedback on its performance.

Quote:
On Sunday 25th Aug : Finally, after lot of debate, pros & cons, who's driving what car for what trip & for how long we gonna own the car, we both agreed on HTK + variant just for the Key request sensor & Cruise control ( I use that a lot ) & made final payments to the dealer & decided to take the car on 1st Sep 11am sharp.
I am still stuck between HTK and HTK+ (Petrol). My monthly rides do not add up more than 1000 kms. Moreover, cruise control doest not turn up in my "Must Have" list. As of now, I am more inclined towards HTK (Petrol) and adding 17" alloys from aftermarket. Nonethess, your suggestions will be helpful indeed.

Wish you good luck and safe miles ahead. Happy revving.

Cheers.

Last edited by ankush5848 : 18th September 2019 at 00:31.
ankush5848 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks