Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 13:13   #2851
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanRajP View Post
Guys,
I am picking up a HTX plus D.

I am getting the insurance done with hdfc. The same people who are doing my car loan as well.

The company insurance costs me 56k whereas hdfc is providing it for 42k.

Also they have an extended warranty from bajaj's end for 4k lesser than what the showroom guys are providing.

Explore these options before you decide on the showroom provided insurance and warranty.
Good stuff. Can you please let me know why you chose to go with the HTX+ and that too Diesel ? I am also trying to see which variant and trim would be best for me, so would love to hear your thoughts on the same.

Also, what exactly are the MAIN differences between the HTX+ AT and the GTX+ AT, as these are the top-of-the-line trims (This is kind of a general question to the forum). I am reading multiple descriptions online so getting a bit confused here.
Old 19th September 2019, 13:47   #2852
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Also, what exactly are the MAIN differences between the HTX+ AT and the GTX+ AT, as these are the top-of-the-line trims (This is kind of a general question to the forum). I am reading multiple descriptions online so getting a bit confused here.
Kia's compare trims page on their website should help you. In addition to the minor visual changes on the exterior and the interior, you get all the safety features on the GTX+ trim - 6 Airbags, ESC, VSM, Hill-start Assist, Brake Assist. You also get the Head-Up Display, 360 View Camera and Blind View Monitor on the GTX+.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 13:55   #2853

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Good stuff. Can you please let me know why you chose to go with the HTX+ and that too Diesel? I am also trying to see which variant and trim would be best for me, so would love to hear your thoughts on the same.

hey,
I am planning to use this as a daily, my run per day is around 70kms, gym, office and out with my kid, on weekends I go on long drives with the family, to the farm or otherwise, around 200-250 km. So for me, it makes sense in terms of fuel cost. Also, this engine is quite torquey and at a very low RPM range, I was also very impressed with refinement and NVH levels.
I am not a petrol engine fan, unless its a vRS or GT, I used a Honda Jazz for a year, hated it.

The htx+ has a few features which I wanted majorly the UVO, ventilated seats,rear seat armrest and so on. Another feature I was keen on was the 17in tyres with all discs.

Difference between HTX+at and the gtx+at are the HUD, no sunroof, drive modes(hopefully), mag wheels are different. gt badging as far as I know, not sure on the gearbox, if we will get a dct on the GTX, the SA did not have much info here.
MohanRajP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 14:05   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I am picking up a HTX plus D.
The company insurance costs me 56k whereas hdfc is providing it for 42k.

Also they have an extended warranty from bajaj's end for 4k lesser than what the showroom guys are providing.
I am assuming the car that you are considering is manual. Please do check if the HDFC insurance covers, tyre protection, engine protection, personal belongings, key loss cover, etc and not just the zero dep. and RTI covers.

Also how can Bajaj give EW is beyond me, care to please explain.
Old 19th September 2019, 15:04   #2855

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I am assuming the car that you are considering is manual. Please do check if the HDFC insurance covers, tyre protection, engine protection, personal belongings, key loss cover, etc and not just the zero dep. and RTI covers.

Also how can Bajaj give EW is beyond me, care to please explain.
@agwagon yes its a manual and yes they cover all the instances mentioned by you and RTI.

attaching an email that I received from bajaj for the extended warranty.

What the sales executive told me was that they also cover the labour costs for parts replaced under warranty, which is usually not covered by the company, not sure of this though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bajaj-Extended Warranty - KIA Seltos Diesel.pdf (302.1 KB, 2331 views)

Last edited by MohanRajP : 19th September 2019 at 15:16.
MohanRajP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 15:51   #2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
How does extended warranty from Bajaj work ? Is this like an all inclusive insurance ? I thought extended warranties were always from the company.
It's like an all inclusive insurance. Attaching an email FYI
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bajaj-Extended_Warranty_-_KIA_Seltos_Diesel.pdf (302.1 KB, 452 views)
Old 19th September 2019, 16:54   #2857

Warranty provided by third party is like an insurance policy. The company providing warranty will bear the cost of parts which is covered in case they become faulty.
Old 19th September 2019, 17:53   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Got a call from Service advisor for 1st service appointment, will take it sometime before this weekend, will check the possibility of below tweaks.
Got the 1st service done at Epitome KIA service center at 1320 kms, service center is still under construction but they managed to free up a ramp for inspection, I waited at the showroom selecting few accessories, they got the car to showroom within 50 minutes and spent another 30 minutes for washing and cleaning, overall I'm satisfied with the whole experience, in & out within 90 minutes.

Tried to install the company provided wastebin accessory to the door near the bottle holder but it didn't snug fit, tried all other possible places, the accessory advisor Ajay had to take it back, not sure how they're going to sell this or maybe they'll find a way somehow to install this, for now I am using an insulated coffee mug as wastebin.

Filled the tank, F.E was 8.3 kmpl for city running with AC along with 2hrs of idling in parking attending office bridge calls.

I got the tyre pressure reduced to 33 psi from 35, slowing down on bad roads, small potholes is a thing in the past, amazing suspension.

Car is a dust magnet, within no time a layer of dust is formed, didn't face this issue with my other cars, any solution?
Service advisor Vasanth handing over a gift.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190919_172826.jpg

Last edited by Don Dasco : 19th September 2019 at 18:01.
Don Dasco is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 17:56   #2859
BHPian

Hello.

I currently drive a petrol manual 2018 Baleno. The seating has given me a stiff and almost frozen right shoulder. I am currently waiting on the 1.4 T-GDI with the Manual GTX trim and would sell the Baleno which is now close to 30,000 km. in 15 months.

Since many of you have driven the Seltos extensively, I would appreciate your thoughts on my decision. Would the Seltos give me more room to be comfortable in, given the distances I drive? How much more cumbersome would it be to handle in traffic? My test drive was so short that I was unable to make out anything.

Thank you!

Last edited by NevGin : 19th September 2019 at 17:58.
Old 19th September 2019, 18:09   #2860
BHPian

I just got off the Autocar discussion on the BS4 vs BS6 Cars and this prompts an interesting question.

Does the Seltos BS6 Diesel car get impacted by using BS4 fuel ? If yes, what is the propensity of the impact ? Any diesel seltos owners have any perspective ?
Old 19th September 2019, 18:12   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Hello.

I currently drive a petrol manual 2018 Baleno. The seating has given me a stiff and almost frozen right shoulder. I am currently waiting on the 1.4 T-GDI with the Manual GTX trim and would sell the Baleno which is now close to 30,000 km. in 15 months.

Since many of you have driven the Seltos extensively, I would appreciate your thoughts on my decision. Would the Seltos give me more room to be comfortable in, given the distances I drive? How much more cumbersome would it be to handle in traffic? My test drive was so short that I was unable to make out anything.

Thank you!
Selling the Baleno or any car withing 5 years is a waste of a lot of hard earned money. The depriciation will be quite high with the usage being very less. I would suggest you use the Baleno for another few years and till then Kia shall also be able to make their presence in the country stronger. You will have a better idea of the car post it has been driven for a minimum of 12-15 months by many.

You can push the seat behind and try few other permutations and combinations to meet your ideal seating position.
VWAllstar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 18:30   #2862
BHPian

Quote:

This is interesting. I didn't know about these kind of plans. The PDF says it covers for 2 years after company warranty expires. So can one take company extended warranty and this and effectively have 6-7 years of coverage ?
Old 19th September 2019, 20:00   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
The terms are vague to the benifit of service provider. It says warranty covers all mechanical and electronic faults arising due to manufacturing defect.

Two cases i am aware of

1. Ford 17 inch Bridgestone tyres developing cracks and bulges. Ford acknowledged it and replaced the tyres irrespective of a owner having valid warranty or a extended warranty.

2. My Palio Stile clutch cylinders went Kaput in 30k Kms. It was a manufacturing defect with cylinder seals. FIAT never agreed it was a manufacturing defect stating not all Palio Stiles owners are facing the issue. They were kind of right as only the initial batches had that issue but it was still a manufacturing defect of those batches.

In case of these 3rd party warranties who will authenticate the veracity of the claimed manufacturing defect, KIA or Bajaj?

To me it looks like another money minting business model of these financial service providers.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 19th September 2019 at 20:03.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 21:03   #2864
BHPian

Seltos GTX OR Compass Limited(0)

I stand here with a mind vs heart decision. I have prebooked Seltos but also have Compass booked since May. Earlier I was fine to shift from compass to seltos but now after I took a few TDs and examined the Seltos closely I am not very sure anymore.

To add salt to injury my orignal booking "Compass Limited Plus" has been sold out and the dealer has stock of Compass Limited(0) 2.0 readily available. I had a talk with another showroom and they confirmed that JEEP nationwide has only around 1100 units of Compass and they have paused production and will restart it with BS6 upgrade. I dont know how true that is also BS6 addon will add to the price.

So my question is Seltos 1.4 GTX/GTX+ OR Compass Limited(0) OR wait for Compass BS6 OR something else?
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 21:10   #2865
BHPian

Re: Seltos GTX OR Compass Limited(0)

50-50 biasness - truth, Go with Compass

The interiors of compass may not be as good as the newly launched Seltos but one does not use all features frequently. Seltos looks more modern but to be honest it is no more than a well decked up Creta Facelift. The driving dynamics is also no where close to that of a Compass.

If you love to drive and have a good understanding of driving dynamics and pleasure and prioritize them above features then look no other than Compass.

Waiting for BS6 is not wise as you may never know when FCA would bring one. Even if they do soon, it will be a lot pricier than what it is now.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 19th September 2019 at 21:13.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks