Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:12   #2101
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

This pricing will primarily start eating into the current generation Creta now. So Venue and now the Seltos. Thats an attack by 2 sharks onto the Creta!

Reinhard sir! You have mentioned it spot on! This is now done in such a way that the current Creta is in its last cycle and on its way out until the 2020 Creta steps in. The current Creta could hopefully get some mouth watering discounts in the months to come!

The new Creta is expected to come in 5 and 7 seat configurations and could possibly jump to a segment above which it is positioned (in the 7 seat config.)

The Seltos is definitely well priced at the entry level but the variant list is confusing, while Automatics have limited and select variants to choose from.That said, the automatics are expensive at the entry level but the top end could be justified for a close to premium 20L for the kit it offers along with 6 airbags!

The biggest disappointment to me is that you dont get 6 airbags or even 4 airbags for any of the mid variants and that is a shame considering that you are paying 16+ L for an HTK+ Diesel Auto.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd August 2019 at 18:55. Reason: Spacing and formatting for improved readability
advenk999 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:17   #2102
BHPian

I'd say the base diesel HTE prices for the Seltos are pretty aggressive. Same price as the Creta 1.4e at 9.99 lakhs. If the kit is comparable this would be a better buy due to the newness quotient!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:19   #2103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I have heard from a close friend that TML is finding it difficult to justify the cost of converting Varicor to BS VI and are toying with the idea of replacing it with FIAT. If it is approved, Hexa and beloved Safari both might be running on FIAT engines.
The probability of Tata discontinuing the Safari and the Hexa is infinitesimally higher than the probability of either one of them getting the Harrier’s engine.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd August 2019 at 18:56. Reason: Spacing
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:26   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Here's the brochure for the Seltos:

Attachment 1907840
So according to the brochure, there will be a GTX + variant with 1.5 D/AT. Can anyone confirm this please
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:42   #2105
BHPian

Diesel entry variant is knowingly priced at 30k difference from the petrol variant. There is a separate market that exists below 10lakhs ex showroom that do not want to submit pan details while buying a car. Once you go up, pan is mandatory and hence Kia is doing nothing but subsidising the entry diesel variant to capture this big target segment
kanishka88 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:43   #2106
BHPian

Any reviews for the 1.5 petrol NA. The pricing is spot on for that one.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:52   #2107
BHPian

Where is the mention regarding GTX+ DCT? Obviously it will be 17lac ex showroom that translates to 19L on road in Kolkata.
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:07   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
The probability of Tata discontinuing the Safari and the Hexa is infinitesimally higher than the probability of either one of them getting the Harrier’s engine.
For Safari getting discontinued - yes I agree but the cost of development of Hexa has not been recovered (neither in the previous avatar of Aria nor now) and it is a very competent product. Matters are taking shape for Hexa and it may get FIAT engine.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:13   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Where is the mention regarding GTX+ DCT? Obviously it will be 17lac ex showroom that translates to 19L on road in Kolkata.
If you look at the brochure, there is a mention of 7DCT in the GTX+ variant and of-course it will be 17 Lacs OTR and 21 in bangalore
I had high hopes from KIA to price the GT line aggressively, but in vain.
Will have to go into the deep thought mode now to see whether I would like to buy GTX DCT, which will fall into the 20 L bracket in BLR.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-variants.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:15   #2110
BHPian

I can't confirm but I'm seeing a lot of extras in the Seltos for the price. A few over the Creta 1.4E+
-Bluetooth 2 din audio with 4 speakers and steering mounted controls.
-headlights halogen projectors.
-roof rails.
-rear window blind, door pockets front, and rear, sunglass holder.
-adjustable rear passenger seats,mid-rear seat headrest.
-keyless entry.
-1.4BS4 vs 1.5 liter BS6 diesel.
-89 bhp VS114 bhp/ 220nm Vs 250 Nm torque.
-bigger in length/width/boot space +33 litres.
-all-wheel disc brakes.

The only major thing in specs is Creta e+ has electric adjustable OVRMs and Seltos has manual. I' thinking its an important feature for parking and reversing emergencies.

Some other cons I think maintenance costs will be higher, lesser upgrade options for accessories in the market. Also, I think the mileage will be better for the Creta.
p.s.- all features comparison taken from carwale and haven't cross-checked for correctness, kindly do cross-check.

I'm in the market for an on road 12.5 lakhs Diesel and was considering Creat 1.4 e+, Duster RXE, Nissan Kicks XE, adding Seltos Diesel HTE to the list due to the in budget pricing.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:15   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post

As per the official price list , there seems to be no GTX+ dct version . Am I missing something here or will this be announced at an even later stage ?
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:16   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
So according to the brochure, there will be a GTX + variant with 1.5 D/AT. Can anyone confirm this please
1.5 Diesel manual also gets a GTX+ Variant?
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:35   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
I'd say the base diesel HTE prices for the Seltos are pretty aggressive. Same price as the Creta 1.4e at 9.99 lakhs. If the kit is comparable this would be a better buy due to the newness quotient!
Actually the diesel gets Rear disc brakes which the Petrol doesn't, if we consider, the Diesel Base is very good value for money! Even more vfm than the petrol Seltos!
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:38   #2114
BHPian

Seltos Diesel Top end GTX will be 17+ lakhs ex showroom and 20+ lakhs on road.
This is poor value as compared to Hector.

Positives compared with Hector Sharp version:
1. Auto Box
2. HUD display

Negatives:
1. Low powered engine compare to 179 BHP in Hector
2. Small sun roof compared to panoramic roof in hector
3. Too cramped rear seats compared to sheer size of hector
4. Inferior build quality compared to hector (If this is similar to Hyundai then metallic color will scratch easily)

I had booked both seltos and hector. Might as well wait for hector rather than going for Seltos. Alternatively Compass is an option or pre owned Tucson or similar.
shashankrt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:42   #2115
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand the point for HTE? HTX is just 30k more and is kitted way better with rear camera(with guidance), touch-screen etc. I don't see any 'shock pricing' as such. The Creta was already overpriced and hence in comparison this one doesn't seem to be priced too high. In bangalore the top 3 variants(HTX+ Diesel AT, GTX+ & GTX AT) nudge past 20L OTR. GTX+ AT, if it comes, will be around 17L ex-showroom going by Manua/AT price difference, taking OTR to 21L+ in bangalore.

So it touches almost all price points from 11.7L all the way to 20L. In short the base model can be had at almost half the price of top variant

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-capture.jpg

Creta is set to lose out on sales of lower models(E/E+) for sure as Seltos HTX in petrol is way better loaded. Even the HTE diesel base model seems better kitted than Creta 1.4 & not to forget comes with the much more powerful engine.

P.S : Saw the Seltos on road today & it does look superb. Fit and finish looks top notch. But Hector/Harrier look substantially bigger and I doubt there will be much of cross shopping between them. Creta/Seltos look more suited for compact city usage whereas Harrier/Hector look proper 'badi-gaadi'(big car)by Indian standards.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd August 2019 at 20:08. Reason: Loose > lose.
SoumenD is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks