Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 02:12   #1951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Which dealership is this? Is this Sparsh Kia by any chance?
Yes ! That is correct !
Old 19th August 2019, 11:13   #1952
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
All this observation about light build quality is really a big negative, considering how much the invited media had to praise about the car being European in quality and drive experience.

They are trying to shoot their own foot by marketing it something that it is not, it not a surprise though! No way 1.5L Diesel can give such excellent acceleration numbers with "European build quality".
Me and my father visited the showroom to have a quick look at the Seltos and this is one point both of us came out with. We currently drive the Fortuner (10 Year Old)/Polo GT TSI (2 Year Old)/Jazz (9 Year Old) and the Seltos was a replacement planned for the Jazz but looking at the light build quality both of us were thoroughly disappointed. Suddenly after our visit we are started appreciating the Polo GT TSI much more, it truly is a well build loaded car.
curiosity is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 13:06   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Yes ! That is correct !
Yes I could recognize them from the pics as well (Haldiram next door *grins*).

Do they have any autos for test drive now? Seems again the case where a lot of lower variants would be available for delivery, but not the top variants!

, but having all these cars standing without any protection in the rain and sun, and open to public inspections and touches, should worry the new owners of these vehicles. As there is no way all these are display cars. However, it does help all others to see all the colours side-by-side in the flesh.

Also is the workshop behind the showroom now equipped? it was a barren hall around a couple of weeks back when I last visited.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO emoticons are permitted per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th August 2019 at 13:18. Reason: See note in post
Old 19th August 2019, 19:26   #1954
BHPian

Has anyone driven the DCT yet? I pre-booked a GTX DCT with a dealer even before day 0. The SA initially said TD vehicle with DCT will be available by 15th Aug. On 16th he said it will be available by 20th. And now he says "it will take time". With the launch on 22nd, does Kia expect people to confirm their pre bookings without even a test drive, or a look at the variant in flesh?
Old 19th August 2019, 20:03   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Has anyone driven the DCT yet? I pre-booked a GTX DCT with a dealer even before day 0. The SA initially said TD vehicle with DCT will be available by 15th Aug. On 16th he said it will be available by 20th. And now he says "it will take time". With the launch on 22nd, does Kia expect people to confirm their pre bookings without even a test drive, or a look at the variant in flesh?
Did you go to the Malad showroom by any chance? I found the SA's there to be absolutely useless, ill informed and completely uninterested in selling the car. There are no updates from their side, they didn't even revert back to me asking me the color I want for my online pre booking. I'm sure they would know nothing about the test drive status of the automatic test drive car and it would be just better to go to the showroom during a weekend to check
TG_F196 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 20:36   #1956
BHPian

Situation at Kia Automotive Hyderabad is also very bad. There is no test drive vehicle available. I am not saying about the Auto, the Manual one also is not available and SA keeps telling some story for the delay. Have seen only the display vehicle so far, Red GTX+ Manual and Grey HTX+ Manual. SA called and informed me that some lower variant White colored Seltos is added to display. I held my patience and politely asked him about the test drive vehicle status and he was non commital on the dates.

As part of my pre booking, only 1.4 Petrol Auto is noted down by them. They had assured me that I can change to Diesel or any variant and any color, after the official pricing is revealed on Aug 22. Now I don’t think their TD cars will be ready by Aug 22. I for sure don’t want to proceed without driving the Manual and Auto 1.4 Petrol. Looks like there will be delay in delivery of cars also.

I am kind of losing my interest in Seltos, due to the delays
MukundanMK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 20:49   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Same here, I like the car, would be happy to give them my money, but looks like they don't want it! And it's very surprising that this is the case, since KIA is breaking into the Indian market. Their first impression is absolutely poor.
TG_F196 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:25   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Situation at Kia Automotive Hyderabad is also very bad. There is no test drive vehicle available. I am not saying about the Auto, the Manual one also is not available and SA keeps telling some story for the delay. Have seen only the display vehicle so far, Red GTX+ Manual and Grey HTX+ Manual. SA called and informed me that some lower variant White colored Seltos is added to display. I held my patience and politely asked him about the test drive vehicle status and he was non commital on the dates.

As part of my pre booking, only 1.4 Petrol Auto is noted down by them. They had assured me that I can change to Diesel or any variant and any color, after the official pricing is revealed on Aug 22. Now I don’t think their TD cars will be ready by Aug 22. I for sure don’t want to proceed without driving the Manual and Auto 1.4 Petrol. Looks like there will be delay in delivery of cars also.

This same situation is here in Kolkata. Just have seen the car, paid half the amount of pre booking because I did not get to test drive the car. I have informed them that the day they get me to test drive the car, they get the rest of the amount. I am also losing my interest in this car slowly.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:52   #1959
BHPian

KIA is another brand I always aspire because of the package it offers in global markets. And that's the reason I have taken a test drive of any car after 4 long years when I bought s-cross. So, my observation and comparison is surely with s-cross as this is the form factor I prefer.

So me and my buddy went to JSP on outer Ring Road on Sunday. We wanted to drive the DCT. So to compare the auto box we drove the vento dsg to the showroom. Unfortunately DCT was not available for test drives neither the diesel one. So we took the test drive of 1.4 manual top end and here are my observations.

1. Build quality definitely not better than creta. In comparison s- cross felt good. But the external fit and finish is top notch.

2. Interior is well put together and feels a notch above creta. Plastic quality is hyundai-sh and full points here.

3. Now the big downer. Space and ergonomics. Back seat comfort is not good. Under thigh support is lacking. 3 well built people can't seat. Rear knee room and leg room is ordinary. Two 5 feet 10 inches persons could not comfortably seat back to back. Front row head room is lacking. In my comfortable seat height, I just had 2 inches left. Seat contouring is good in front but width lacking.

4. Boot space says 433 l. Seriously, I don't find the space usable for the number. Sorry KIA, you need to learn packaging from Suzuki and Honda.

5. Coming to drive. It's smooth, silent.

6. 140 horses, nah. There is no punch. In contrast, Vento with 110 horses felt awesome. I guess the 1.5 diesel can't match creta 1.6. And I am not telling the fuel economy that I saw.

7. Suspension is more hyundai like and good for city. S-cross scores big here.

8. Steering feel is better than creta, but no match to s-cross.

Conclusion, power and looks wise it's a big step up from s-cross. But, that's where the novelty ends. It failed to surprise me in other aspects of a pseudo suv.

Come on Suzuki, bring in the s-cross with 110 bhp diesel (optimism).
sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:09   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
...And I am not telling the fuel economy that I saw.

Why not? This embargo was only put on professional and invited reviewers.
Old 19th August 2019, 22:39   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
A friend who is a non-member was directed to this thread by me since he is keen on the Seltos.

He read the thread carefully over a few days and seeing adverse comments made about build quality, lack of equipment etc, he conveyed that he will test drive, wait for the price release and maybe quietly go and book the Creta since it is tried, tested and has a track record in our climate and environment.

Hector is too big for him.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th August 2019 at 00:14. Reason: Spacing
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:47   #1962

Hi to all. Big thanks to team-bhp for accepting my invitation.

As I also have pre-booked Kia Seltos GTX +.My sincere advice to all Kia Seltos pre-bookers that don't get impatient as the Seltos is not yet launched and all this impatience is due to the fact of all that hype created by media. Car looks wonderful but little is known about the performance.

However once we buy the product everyone tends to adjust to it untill it is unbearable. Which is usually not the case. It is Kia's first product and we all can assume that they will try their best in their capacity to give best quality. Actual situation will be known after approx 1 year, where we can trust the reviews from the experts or real owners about the performance. However I agree to the fact that dealership guys know little than the customers. We are asking too many questions to them which they have no clue of. Poor chaps know very little as the information hasn't been given them from Kia's side.

I hope everyone of us would be happier after the launch of Seltos on 22nd. Till then, Kia has managed to confuse us to the maximum, since the unveiling.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th August 2019 at 23:05. Reason: spacing for better readability
sunil.marine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 23:10   #1963
BHPian

An SA at Advaith KIA informed that their 1.5l Petrol variants are out for temporary registration. Hopefully, they’ll be available for TD from tomorrow. Leaving the on-paper specs aside, it’ll be interesting to see the difference in performance between the 1.4l turbo and 1.5l petrol engines.
Old 19th August 2019, 23:19   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Feel bad for BHPians who have been at receiving end in terms of this bad experience.

This is one thing I see in reality every time a hyped car is launched and experience is bitter. Happened with me in 2011 when Mahindra launched XUV5OO.

The dealership was flooded with customers and bookings so much so that they didn't even take my number nor speak with me nor answer the call. I called them in the showroom itself. No one answered the call. 1 week later, I went and checked out the car, since I had visited when it was packed, I asked the salesmen how many bookings have been recieved. He said, sir 3 months waiting for W8. I said to him that, I may book or not book, but you should not let go your customer due to overwhelming response. At 1st he didn't understand what I said, then after sometime he realised it. Now the same salesmen working in another dealership welcomes me and respects me beyond my expectations.

After this scenario, we later striked off the XUV5OO and bought a VW Jetta, which is one simply fantastic choice.

Again, the story repeated in June 2015, when I went to check Creta. Everything was same and just the addition was that the receptionist took my number when I entered. Till now I haven't recieved call.

With such incidents, I clearly made up my mind to relax since I knew Seltos would also be same.

I was invited for unveiling on 6th August, I along with my friend went to the dealership, it was crowded, I had a glance and we walked out. Next day, I called my salesmen that I was there at unveiling and returned back due to work. He was kind and asked me if I would like to TD car, I asked him to wait till Kia officially announces prices and variants. After which I'll be deciding the variant to go for if it's priced well, then I'll be asking that variant for TD, I'll be booking one if TD is offered and I am satisfied with the car.

By doing this,

1. The dealer has to accept what his customer is demanding.

2. He has to be flexible with whatever the customer asks.

3. In a dull market like today's scenario, each and every car sold by dealer is like gold for them, we should be smart and ask them what we want.

4. If anything goes out of my(customer) favour, I'll have to walk away and never come back.

Hence, I clearly asked my salesmen to be patient and wait for my updates before committing. To which he agreed.

To be their customer, Now I want Kia to price it well, have all versions for TD, a mid variant DCT/Top Spec TC will be fine. I don't want Kia to disappoint not just me but prospective customers on above thing.

I rejected a car (Maruti Ciaz) because the dealer didn't have a AT test drive car and neither did he arrange even after giving 30 days time. Unexpected for a Brand like Maruti Suzuki.

I think Wait and Watch is the best Mantra for the above problems faced by BHPians. It's better one be firm with what they want in such situations.
CarguyNish is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 07:03   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Do we have the details as to what voice commands are possible with the AI Voice command feature? Only calling etc or can we control the air-conditioning, the power windows and the sunroof like on the Hector?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed