Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 13:01   #1846
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

We can't assume the prices as the official details are yet to be the information to rely on. The dealers (salesmen mostly) are assuming and guessing the price. Very interested to see how their pricing strategy plays.
Old 13th August 2019, 13:08   #1847
BHPian

There is no clarity on the official variant list yet and the prices are expected to be revealed only by Aug 22. Kia has already got 23K+ pre-bookings and there is some news now about the waiting period of Seltos.

Link
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 22:11   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
One thing I cannot understand is that this feature is apparently useful when a car is parked outside in the sun and when it becomes a furnace. But don't we all (with 'normal' cars and normal ACs) open the windows first and let the heat escape. How powerful can an AC be (OR how severe can the carbon emission be) to expel all the heat from a car parked long enough under the sun to make it a furnace inside.

To be honest I was quite excited about the remote start feature when I first saw it in the Venue. Not so much any more.
In case of 'normal' cars, the AC air itself is very hot when we switch it on and it take a while for it to cool down. I am hoping that, with remote start, the AC air would become cool and we can roll down windows to let out trapped air and then roll the windows back up again straightaway.

I am sure we would soon be able to hear from our friends on this forum on how useful this feature is, in the real world.
Old 13th August 2019, 22:39   #1849
BANNED

Hector and seltos parked side by side.

PYSO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 23:25   #1850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Does anyone has the picture of Kia Seltos in Steel Silver. I'm thinking of changing my booking from red to silver. But I'm also confused if white or black car will look handsome.
The Seltos in Steel Silver shade. Comparative look with White & Grey shades.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-3.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-4.jpg

Thanks to a WhatsApp source.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 23:51   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
The camera angles there are a bit deceptive. I think the Hector looks much bigger in person.
Old 14th August 2019, 05:55   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
In case of 'normal' cars, the AC air itself is very hot when we switch it on and it take a while for it to cool down. I am hoping that, with remote start, the AC air would become cool and we can roll down windows to let out trapped air and then roll the windows back up again straightaway.

I am sure we would soon be able to hear from our friends on this forum on how useful this feature is, in the real world.
I think only the driver window is one push up and down window (pinch guard) and the others are normal power windows.
Old 14th August 2019, 09:51   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Kia Seltos GT Line With Diesel In the Works?
Why journos use this "?"

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...orks-24160.htm
Lakshit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:02   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post

Rightly said, letting the hot greenhouse gasses out will be far more effective immediately, than switching on the AC remotely.

Don't know about Seltos, but Hector does have an option also to open all windows including the Pano Sunroof from your remote to let the hot air out just before you step-in. AFAIK you can also roll-up the windows from the remote, but it doesn't let you close the pano sunroof from the remote (for which you will need to use the app on your your phone).
Old 14th August 2019, 10:04   #1855
Distinguished - BHPian

Seltos 1.4 DCT : 0-100 in 9.4 seconds

Do note that the road was wet.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:14   #1856
BHPian

The Black interiors on the tech line are 90% black with a very dull beige strip running across the dashboard. Creta genes.

Also the 8 inch touch system gets physical buttons along with the much needed volume rotatory knob.

Hope Isofix is now standard across variants considering we are seeing a car launch in 2020 India.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 14th August 2019 at 10:17.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:21   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
If only based on size, Hector/Harrier look one segment above Seltos in comparison.

Since the price bracket is similar they are being compared. At the end of day it will boil down to personal preference of individual buyers. If one wants a 'badi-gaadi', Hector/Harrier gives max real-estate for the price. And if one wants all the bells and whistles along with compact dimensions for city usage, Seltos would appeal to them.

I believe Seltos will be a hit majorly in Tier-1 cities where traffic condition is absolutely horrible and people prefer compact yet feature loaded cars. Hector/Harrier would be the choice for highway users or other towns/cities where traffic menace is not as bad as mumbai/bangalore/kolkata.

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th August 2019 at 10:23.
Old 14th August 2019, 10:42   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Rightly said, letting the hot greenhouse gasses out will be far more effective immediately, than switching on the AC remotely.

Don't know about Seltos, but Hector does have an option also to open all windows including the Pano Sunroof from your remote to let the hot air out just before you step-in. AFAIK you can also roll-up the windows from the remote, but it doesn't let you close the pano sunroof from the remote (for which you will need to use the app on your your phone).
Even my 9 year old Volkswagen Vento has this feature But I haven't used this feature more than a few times. Plus the biggest issue is theft. I think having the ac running even for a few minutes before you get to the car is a better alternative.
Old 14th August 2019, 11:30   #1859
BHPian

Currently we have a topic running about the Hyundai Venue DCT transmission temperature warning issue in this thread (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs)

There is a mention about Venue having a dry-clutch DCT, which heats up faster and it would have been better, if it had a wet-clutch. Does anyone know what type of DCT clutch is used in GTX DCT variant of Seltos?

If I ended buying the Seltos GTX DCT, it would be my first auto gear car. I am clueless about DCT and the potential issues that it can cause.
Old 14th August 2019, 11:49   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
As per Overdrive, Kia will Offer customisation. For example, you can buy the base variant and customise as per your needs.

If this is true, for which I've been screaming about this idea for a long time, will be great. Even, if they offer limited customisation, like Alloy wheels, Music system, leather upholstery etc., it'll be successful. Many don't mind waiting for a month or slightly more, for the delivery of Car.
This would be pretty interesting. For eg, I kind of like the idea of a HUD but I want to go for the diesel engine. So maybe such a customisation is possible. Although, it remains to be seen when such a feature will be launched , as currently, Kia might just have their hands full with the deliveries.

I came across 'Build your own Kia' UK Website. Here's the link : Build your Own Kia

It'll be great if we eventually move to such a setup.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks