Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2019, 16:06   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

The confusion of 2 dates i.e. 3rd & 22nd August is because on 3rd August the variant wise details will be shared officially & 22nd August is the price announcement for the official launch.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 16:22   #1097
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I really hope so. They should take the feedback and see if the customer would want a fully loaded option in automatic while still pricing it sensibly.

Give me the Bose speakers, ventilated seats and 360 degree camera in the 1.4 Turbo DCT.
Yes. That's the wishful thinking. That'd be a sure shot no brainer to buy!! I'm all for it!
But reality bites!
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 17:34   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It however all depends on the pricing, however Kia Seltos' pre-bookings get overwhelming response

- Kia site received around two lakh hits on 16th July

- Kia online booking site alone is unprecedented, with 1,628 booking coming in just one day.

-Seltos has generated an overwhelming response with 6,046 bookings on the first day itself.

Link
200k hits is nothing, many of my games currently have over 250k concurrent users. Hits is a vanity metric and should mostly be ignored. Only look at conversions i.e, bookings.

6000 bookings on day one after extensive marketing and coverage that seemingly dragged on forever and at considerable expense? I don't think anything to be excited about there. Always 2 ways to view it.

Actually for a market that was doing close to 300k deliveries a month last year that's a very abysmal number. Especially considering this is launch time and this is the hottest car launch this year for Middle Class nuclear family. It paints a sad picture for the market and economy both. Remember we are a nation of 1 billion and these numbers are paltry. This being their halo first launch might erode their confidence in market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
A Chinese company has sold out their stocks for the entire year and another korean company unheard off before for the layman in India has got 6000 bookings in a day, talk about slowdown !

It reaffirms a couple of my beliefs

1) Indians are willing to spend big money if they find value in it
2) All the cars in the 10 - 15 L are horribly overpriced - Swift D Top end/ i20 D retails on road around 10 L, XUV300 AMT(D) retails at 15.XX in Chennai
Until we see what were the Hector production & sales figures for 2019 it again seems like a exercise in marketing & PR to me. Cars are not selling its just us enthusiasts are focused on certain models and unlike Maruti companies like MG & Kia have hired flashy marketing & PR agencies to drum up interest.
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 18:57   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
I really hope so. They should take the feedback and see if the customer would want a fully loaded option in automatic while still pricing it sensibly.

Give me the Bose speakers, ventilated seats and 360 degree camera in the 1.4 Turbo DCT.
In other words GTX+ dct , suddenly my car is giving all sorts of weird problems with door locks, water leak from ac in the interior. I'm here waiting for Seltos test drive that i have booked for 3rd of August.
Traveling is now restricted.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 20th July 2019 at 18:59.
Old 20th July 2019, 19:20   #1100
BHPian

A video showing the lower Korean variant. Looks like an Indian HTK+. Must say the overall exterior including the light setup on the lower variants is not at all bad. Notice how the absence of roof rails make it look squat.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 20th July 2019 at 19:26.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 19:53   #1101
BHPian

Another 'badass' TVC with Billie Eilish's "bad guy" in the background. Not bad.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 20th July 2019 at 19:55.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 19:57   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Taking it with a pinch of salt. My dealer friend called me up saying that Kia officials have visited the showroom yesterday and they have asked about the general customer feedback. The sales officials have reported that there have been complaints regarding the messed up leaked variant list and lack of GTX+ DCT. The officials confirmed that they have received similar feedback from other centres as well and they're looking into it and assured that it will be addressed before launch. Last week, I had to tell him that the leaked variant lists are absolutely bad.

So, is Kia still contemplating on feature distribution across variants ? Let us see. Considering demo cars are to arrive in showrooms in 2-3 weeks, can't be sure if this is true.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 20th July 2019 at 20:02.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 20:30   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Taking it with a pinch of salt. My dealer friend called me up saying that Kia officials have visited the showroom yesterday and they have asked about the general customer feedback. The sales officials have reported that there have been complaints regarding the messed up leaked variant list and lack of GTX+ DCT. The officials confirmed that they have received similar feedback from other centres as well and they're looking into it and assured that it will be addressed before launch. Last week, I had to tell him that the leaked variant lists are absolutely bad.

So, is Kia still contemplating on feature distribution across variants ? Let us see. Considering demo cars are to arrive in showrooms in 2-3 weeks, can't be sure if this is true.
I hope they work on it and change the configuration to make sense for their cars . Mg has been a success through the feature value for money quotient
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 20:39   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post

With little time left, I don’t think Kia can make amends in such short time. In case they do, it’s wonderful else Kia is surely losing out on huge chunk of customers. I have seen people complaining about GTX DCT top end even on LinkedIn when their Marketing Head is posting something on Seltos.
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 20:41   #1105
BHPian

Hi all. I tried translating the Korea model specifications. They are but 1.6 litre engines only and petrol dct version start at roughly 11.3 lacks and top end is 14.3 lacks. please see attachment for the specifications. Interestingly 6 airbags and drive modes are standard features , which is absolutely terrific. In Korea they provide each additional features at a price and not as a costly package. If kia follow this here, it will be quite attractive for choosy customers.

The key message is the dct auto petrol version start at 11.3 L. So in India the manual petrol base may start around 10 L..

Hg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf price_seltos.ko.en.pdf (1.19 MB, 541 views)

Last edited by humveeguy : 20th July 2019 at 20:51.
humveeguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 21:14   #1106
BHPian

I have a feeling Kia will use the (optional list) strategy. Most propably for the buyers for automatic top end with long waiting periods. I'm sure they will wait.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 21:43   #1107
BHPian

I have a bad news:- Just had a chat with a Kia dealer principal i know in Delhi and as per him there is no word by Kia whether they are going to bring a true top end that we all want.

Chat Answer:- There is nothing from Kia apart from a promise of providing a well rounded excellent styled car with innovative features.
Old 20th July 2019, 22:13   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I have a bad news:- Just had a chat with a Kia dealer principal i know in Delhi and as per him there is no word by Kia whether they are going to bring a true top end that we all want.

Chat Answer:- There is nothing from Kia apart from a promise of providing a well rounded excellent styled car with innovative features.
This just might be good news instead of bad. This might just confirm that all the feature lists doing the rounds are only speculations by over enthusiastic “YouTube auto journos”. I mean whats stopping Kia from providing correct variant wise information to atleast dealer principals and sales staff in trainings unless they are going to come up with some kind of a surprise to please everyone

I am sure the decision makers at Kia are aware of the uproar of sorts the speculative feature lists itself have caused.
Old 20th July 2019, 22:21   #1109
BHPian

Kia must prank us all and be a badass and provide us a good top end.
Old 20th July 2019, 22:29   #1110
BHPian

Just happened to check the official website. The 360 view of the GT line shows cameras present in the ORVMs but Techline doesn't have cameras on the ORVMs. If this is true, then Techline top variant doesn't get the 360 camera. Kindly ignore if this has been noticed before.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks