Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 11:08   #991
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Even i don't understand! Except the fact that meerkat and Tiger Shroff's have some sort of bitter rivalry. Other than that no focus on displaying what car offers! Money wasted by Kia!
The ads are representative of the confusion people have about Kia's variants and engine.

We don't know why tiger and Meerkat have a rivalry and we don't know the price/variants..LOL
panamera13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 11:13   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
We don't know why tiger and Meerkat have a rivalry and we don't know the price/variants..LOL
Only thing i understood from the add that meerkat wants to play spoil sport for some reason. Other than that it makes no sense what so ever. lol

I feel that Venue and Kona Electric adds are much more classier.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 17th July 2019 at 11:15.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:36   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Anyways I am fed up of waiting for Maruti to introduce an automatic in the S cross or bring the bigger vitara.
Have prebooked a Seltos 1.4 GTX DCT in Intense red
Will have to find out whether it is worthy enough to replace my humble hippo.
Ditto here on multiple counts, doctor. I'd any day pick up a decently powered petrol S-Cross Auto. For the record, even the neanderthal 4 speed box that does duty on the Ciaz would warrant my interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
After driving S Cross 1.6 for almost 4 years as primary car along with ANHC as back up, I need a similar or better car in auto tranny, preferably petrol!
That makes it "almost" three of us. My backup has been our little Brio, that I get to drive usually only during weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The Kia Seltos ads are one of the most irritating automobile ads I have seen. What are they trying to convey through these ads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Only thing i understood from the add that meerkat wants to play spoil sport for some reason. Other than that it makes no sense what so ever. lol
You bet! I still don't get what the car, an elderly gentleman, the meercat and Tiger have to do with each other.

Now that you mentioned this, their earlier ad depicting a myriad of creatures walking into a cloud formation was annoying to say the least.

Last edited by pannags : 17th July 2019 at 11:37.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:39   #994
BHPian

Folks, do we know if 1.4 DCT has paddle shifters? I referred the so called leaked info but couldn't find any mention. I guess not, I see the + and - on the gear lever

Last edited by nitinhegde : 17th July 2019 at 11:43.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:59   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Folks, do we know if 1.4 DCT has paddle shifters? I referred the so called leaked info but couldn't find any mention. I guess not, I see the + and - on the gear lever
I guess the paddle shifters will come with the CVT.

What you see here is similar to what VW calls Tiptronic mode on their DSG gearboxes. You can actually choose gears like you would on a manual, albeit without having to use the clutch (which anyway isn't an option here).

This only adds to the sportier feel that comes with a DCT, what with the added sense of control from being able to shift gears too.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 12:06   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
I doubt 1.4 DCT has paddle shifters because there is no mention at all in any of the media news. Infact, there is no mention in the feature list as well.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:20   #997
BHPian

I see a lot of people talking about the Seltos advertisement. Well, it looks like Kia has hit the nail on the head with it. The sole purpose of an advertisement is 'recall factor' and I think they have successfully done that, be it the meerkat or the ever popular and latest youth sensation- Tiger Shroff.
IMO the advertisement are fresh and have a bit of a comic feel to them.
I love what Kia is bringing on the table first up and I think that this is going to go a long way for them establishing their brand in the lucrative Indian market. There are always supposed to be hits and misses as is the case with any new launch. We cannot expect perfection especially when the critics are Team Bhpian's ;-).
Since ages we are talking about diesel automatic and used to curse Hyundai for over pricing the Creta for what it has to offer. I think that once we compare the overall features and dynamics of the Seltos vis a vis the competition, we will see that it is actually worth it's buck.
I am going ahead and booking the diesel auto
isldhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 12:32   #998
BHPian

Do we have any news about the launch dates yet?
Old 17th July 2019, 13:57   #999
BHPian

So I have made a booking with Shreenath Kia in Mumbai, but I have had somewhat of a weird experience.
In spite of being very clear that I need a Diesel Automatic, the automated message that I received from Kia states that my booking is for a Petrol Variant. On asking the Sales rep and his Managers about this goof up they are stating that this is just a booking in the system and that closer to the launch dates I will get an option to change my booking/variant/color.
I countered stating that online one gets to select the color and variant to which neither of them had anything to reply but kept stating that I will have an option to choose Variants and Color etc later without it impacting my delivery timelines.

Has anyone else also faced this issue? I am insisting on a email confirmation but yet to receive one.
Old 17th July 2019, 14:11   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

I booked on-line but there was no option as of yesterday to select colour or variant. It only asked for Diesel/Petrol and Auto/manual choices. When did you book?

On a different note, the HTK+ Diesel seems to tick all the absolutely essential boxes although it misses out on a lot of bling and some key convenience features. However, if Kia manages to price this one at 9.99 lacs ex-showroom introductory price, it has potential to be a blockbuster.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 17th July 2019 at 14:16.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:33   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
So I have made a booking with Shreenath Kia in Mumbai, but I have had somewhat of a weird experience.
In spite of being very clear that I need a Diesel Automatic, the automated message that I received from Kia states that my booking is for a Petrol Variant. On asking the Sales rep and his Managers about this goof up they are stating that this is just a booking in the system and that closer to the launch dates I will get an option to change my booking/variant/color.
I countered stating that online one gets to select the color and variant to which neither of them had anything to reply but kept stating that I will have an option to choose Variants and Color etc later without it impacting my delivery timelines.

Has anyone else also faced this issue? I am insisting on a email confirmation but yet to receive one.
I booked the 1.4 dct a month back at sparsh kia and I got a message today about the 1.5 diesel auto . I checked with my sales rep and he said do not worry sir it is only for kia. Your booking is of 1.4 petrol only. Also, the payment receipt shows that I have booked the 1.4 DCT.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:38   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post

I guess it should be fine, as of now no confirmed news from KIA about variants, so you will be able to change it later.

I did a offline booking last week and going for 1.4 Manual, and got a SMS yesterday saying I booked for GTX PLUS 1.4T Petrol, no variant/color specified and haven't got any e-mail confirmation.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:41   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I booked on-line but there was no option as of yesterday to select colour or variant. It only asked for Diesel/Petrol and Auto/manual choices. When did you book?

On a different note, the HTK+ Diesel seems to tick all the absolutely essential boxes although it misses out on a lot of bling and some key convenience features. However, if Kia manages to price this one at 9.99 lacs ex-showroom introductory price, it has potential to be a blockbuster.
You got to be kidding mate. Creta SX is almost similarly specced and it is priced around 13.58 lacs. I will be happy even if they price it for 12 lacs ex-showroom but i doubt that will happen.

If it is indeed priced at 9.99 lacs, i think the waiting period may run into years.
gupta_chd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:43   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Also, the payment receipt shows that I have booked the 1.4 DCT.
Is it computer generated one? I got only handwritten receipt from the dealer which doesn't even mention if it is a car, let alone engine type .

It had only date, payment mode, amount and my name. When I asked the rep, he told SMS is the confirmation.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:45   #1005
BHPian

Though I am not in the market for a new car, but I have been going through this thread and the Hector one. The difference between both is really alarming and not looking good for Kia.

I am honestly sad and worried on how Kia is doing things, right from packaging the variants, booking experience etc., This is not looking good for a manufacturer who is just starting fresh. Particularly when your other new competitor (MG Hector) is going all big bang and getting most things right.

The only thing that is waiting now is the pricing. If they get that wrong it will be really difficult for them to get a foothold in this cruel market. Fingers crossed..!
RJ411 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks