Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 00:48   #916
BANNED

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Is there any car in this range which has these modes in manual transmission which is anything other than just a gimmick?

I remember reading the official Nexon review that they work.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 01:29   #917
Senior - BHPian

I have a suggestion to make to all the people upset by the horrible feature planning. Especially for the top end models.

Please book the car and cancel the booking. That's the only realistic way of getting the message across instead of discussing it here. And since there is no cancellation fees it will also make the dealers aware of market demand and push the company as well. I will be doing exactly this once the feature list is officially announced. If you have a credit card even better since you won't be having to put up any money for it and can just pay using the card and cancel booking within a week or so.
quickdraw is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 01:51   #918
BHPian

I think the positioning and the apparent initial success of the MG Hector has left Kia India jolly confused. If Kia equips their cars to the gills, the prices may match or exceed the Hector's. This may not appeal to a section of prospective buyers as the Seltos would fail to match the Hector in sheer size, cc/rupee(diesel) and interior sq.ft/rupee.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 16th July 2019 at 01:55.
petroguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 07:06   #919
BHPian

Where are the crash test results?
Old 16th July 2019, 07:25   #920
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I have a suggestion to make to all the people upset by the horrible feature planning. Especially for the top end models.

Please book the car and cancel the booking. That's the only realistic way of getting the message across instead of discussing it here. And since there is no cancellation fees it will also make the dealers aware of market demand and push the company as well. I will be doing exactly this once the feature list is officially announced. If you have a credit card even better since you won't be having to put up any money for it and can just pay using the card and cancel booking within a week or so.

He he 😁 so I am not the only one with this thought! In fact I have made the payment (some issue due to which its not showing up properly yet) but will mostly cancel it once they announce the variant mixup to send my protest message. Let me process this in my mind till then cos all I have to lose is 250 processing charges but if I do change my mind I might lose my priority.

However I am worried that they might still get enough bookings considering its quite loaded even with the misses and just might not care.
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:12   #921
BHPian

Hi all, shocked to see 6 airbags are not offered in any diesel or 1.5 petrol options. Is the circulated list really true ? This is a horrible offering from kia if true ..
humveeguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:18   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
He he 😁 so I am not the only one with this thought! In fact I have made the payment (some issue due to which its not showing up properly yet) but will mostly cancel it once they announce the variant mixup to send my protest message. Let me process this in my mind till then cos all I have to lose is 250 processing charges but if I do change my mind I might lose my priority.

However I am worried that they might still get enough bookings considering its quite loaded even with the misses and just might not care.
I did consider the same . The atitude of the dealers is strange as well and they are not worried about bookings being cancelled.

Also, I did notice every auto journalist published their first drive report a day before the pre booking. Seems a marketing gimmick. Ironcially enough the cars they drove are prototype models and in those variants the 1.4 had all the features including Bose system, sunroof and ventilated seats. Attaching overdrive write-up image
Old 16th July 2019, 08:24   #923
BHPian

Here are the images for your reference
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-1563245638733.jpg  

Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:26   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Hi all, shocked to see 6 airbags are not offered in any diesel or 1.5 petrol options. Is the circulated list really true ? This is a horrible offering from kia if true ..
Yes, The list posted is final and true as it was received from a Kia rep itself.
Old 16th July 2019, 08:31   #925
BHPian

Ive been following this launch since some time and was on the verge of booking it tomorrow. Not anymore. This feature list is crazy. I want a true top end model with an automatic gear box. Is it too much to ask?
Been waiting for a while to replace my now 6+ years old Ecosport and I don't like a single car under 20lakhs in this country. I don't know if the taxes are to blame or just stupid manufacturers.
sharninder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:31   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
NCAP 0/5 - Crashed all of our dreams & expectations with that variant list.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 16th July 2019 at 08:38.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:35   #927
BHPian

One issue I have with the feature distribution is there doesn't seem to be a clear pecking order for features. Hyundai also bungles up their variant distribution but they at least have one clear top-end with all bells and whistles where as the Kia seems to be a mixed bag where in the buyer has to prioritise few features over others as there is no ONE variant which has all!! Clearly baffling to say the least.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:36   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
NCAP 0/5 - Crashed all of our dreams & expectations with that variant list.
Has it been crash tested already? Can’t believe it scored 0/5. Any link or news you could share? Another Bummer if it’s true!
Old 16th July 2019, 08:39   #929
BHPian

The Kia India site is updated with link to prebook the vehicle.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190716-03.01.55.png

Requires you to sign up before you can book.

https://www.kia.com/in/member/signup.html

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot-20190716-03.03.28.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Please book the car and cancel the booking. That's the only realistic way of getting the message across instead of discussing it here.
+1 to that. I plan to do the same although I am not looking to change my car now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Crash test results are not out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Is the circulated list really true ?
The lists shared yesterday in the forum looks like the variant list and feature handouts the dealership provide for walk-in customers and now we know from multiple sources that it is definitely the true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think the manual petrol top end misses on the drive modes (Eco, sport etc). Not sure if it misses on the terrain modes as well.
Both drive modes and terrain modes are part of the same package called Multi Drive Mode Select. So it misses both.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:41   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Has it been crash tested already? Can’t believe it scored 0/5. Any link or news you could share? Another Bummer if it’s true!
I guess he was being cheeky. He meant they "crashed" our dreams and hence get zero stars/rating for crash test .

Last edited by panamera13 : 16th July 2019 at 08:43.
panamera13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks